It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gigantic alien structures in Herschel crater - Apollo 12 image

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Hi, I have been having problems with my internet connection the last couple of hours, but now I am online again.

I have drawn red circles around the features that I think look artificial in the cropped image of Herschel crater. I do not expect to convince you in any way, but I hope this at least will make it clearer to you what I am talking about:

Best regards, Ziggystar60.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60Well, at least you admit that it appears that someone played with the levels and cloned out something in order to improve the image for media publication.

Just becuase NASA possibly "cleaned up" the scan lines for public release does not mean they did it with malicious intent. Perhaps they are not hiding anything, just trying to make the picture look as good as possible before publishing it. By the way, the photo was publicly released WITH the scan lines and without.

Besides, if they were trying to hide something, what purpose does cleaning up the scan lines serve anyway -- the picture still shows the same information, just without the scan lines.

I happen to think that NASA has played around very much with the Apollo images... If you go back in this thread, you can see other images of the Herschel crater where the structures I am talking about seem to have disappeared almost completely. Isn't that remarkable?

Again, please show me what structures appear in your photo that don't appear in the one I labeled. Everything is there as far as I can see, although they show up better in your OP photo because of the angle of the Sun -- but I assure you, everything is still there.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Well, if everything is still there in the images you are talking about, you clearly must be able to see much, much more than I can. And again, I trust my own eyes far more than your statement that the invisible things are there. No offence intended.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

I only noticed now that your image is mirrored on both posts.

That way there will always be differences, so I will use a mirrored image of the one you posted to look for similarities.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I am not sure what you mean when you say that the image is mirrored, I have just download the image from the site where I found it. The only thing I have done is to zoom in and post a cropped version of it, because the original image is very big, and I wanted to draw attention to the structures in this particular crater (Herschel crater).

[edit on 20-4-2008 by ziggystar60]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Do you see that smaller crater that is connected to Herschel?

On the photo you posted that smaller crater is on the left side of Herschel. Also, the two small craters on the top of the image are on the top left corner.

But when you look at the original image (nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...) the smaller crater is on the right side and the two small craters on the top right.

That is why I said the image is mirrored.

I see two possibilities:
1 - You mirrored the image but forgot or did not noticed it
2 - The place from where you downloaded the image had the image already mirrored, but in that case the image you downloaded was not from the link you posted.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

OK, now I see what you mean. I just tried the link to the image I posted in my first post, but the link doesn't work at the moment, so I can't check whether the image was mirrored to begin with or not.

I just know that I have done nothing else than download the image, zoom in and make a cropped version of if.

Edit: the link is working again for me, and now I see what has happened: I clicked the option "High resolution jpg.file", so apparantly this version of the image is mirrored. But now you suddenly have to log in with a password to download this high resolution image. Yesterday I downloaded it without any kind of password.

[edit on 20-4-2008 by ziggystar60]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
To me, all of those marked areas look natural.

I numbered them to be easier to mark them on the other photos.

This is the photo you posted, but re-mirrored, so it has the left side really on the left.

(I should have used a different colour, I see now that the numbers are not that easy to read)

These are the images I found
AS12-50-7435

AS12-51-7506 or AS12-51-7507, they are very similar

AS16-M-1410, rotated to be easier to see the features.

As you can see, I couldn't find all the features that you marked in photos AS12-51-7506 or AS12-51-7507 (I couldn't find features 2 and 7, but on the other photos all the features are visible.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks for your excellent post. I fully respect the fact that you see nothing but natural features, but I think the second image you posted (AS12-50-7435) just proves my point that the structures aren't natural at all.
In this image, the features looks even more angular and artificial than in the cropped version i posted. So I guess we just have to agree that we disagree on this particular subject. And many more, I am sure.

Best regards to you from Ziggystar60.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by hildar
I didnt see to much unnatural either but in stoo's post of photos I did see something unnatural. It looks like roads to me please tell me this is not on another planet:

lvo.wr.usgs.gov...

Hilda

I don't know if this photo you linked to is being discussed on another thread, but I found this one much more interesting. those definitely look like streams or roads. Also in the middle far left there looks to be several unusual formations, one very long and angular.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

That is a volcano crater on the US, Panum crater.

See this page.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
i cant believe this thread has had this much time on it... "???????? what a waste of time.. there is nothing there to see.??? just a crater on the moon.. ???

Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic– Review This Link.

[edit on 21-4-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks for the correction. Thought that stuff looked man made.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60
reply to post by ngchunter

I think the peaks and structures actually disappeared. I think someone tampered with the images to make them go away.

I trust my own eyes more than your opinion about that. With all due respect.

Best regards, Ziggystar.

Do your eyes see craters on the left side of the image I posted of the moon? Yes or no? Do the craters you see near the center look more or less obvious than the craters to the right near the terminator? My opinion has nothing to do with this, it's basic lighting and I tried to demonstrate that to you with my image. Nothing disappeared and in fact others have already relabeled the so-called "airbrushed" photos to demonstrate this point to you.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

That is a volcano crater on the US, Panum crater.

See this page.

That is why I asked if it was here on earth or where it was. Was starting to get a bit worried for a few minutes that maybe just possibly there might be intelligent life out there.

Hilda

Hilda
(bbcode)

[edit on 21-4-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Did you not read the discussion? And opinions,,obseravations, and conjecture are allowed on this thread/site.

The OP points out a anomally that he and both dont think is natural,,by virtue of its sharp right angles, and sloping gradient down the sides,,to form the opening of a shaft of some sort. Its not a "dune" I dont think dunes exist on the moon,, its not melted slag from a hot impact, and its not a peak,,,,like a collapsed peak,,, the shadow at the "opening" of the shaft remains the same regardles of the angle.
If you want to see more anomalist "structures" check out Brian Allen's websire on lights in the Archerous (?sp) Crater,, its been recorded since the 1600's...

And that is my opinion and I havent seen anything here but examples of other moon craters.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jbmitch
Did you not read the discussion? And opinions,,obseravations, and conjecture are allowed on this thread/site.
Yes, they are.

The OP points out a anomally that he and both dont think is natural,,by virtue of its sharp right angles, and sloping gradient down the sides,,to form the opening of a shaft of some sort.

You should not mistake what you don't know with what is actually anomalous: the formation of lunar craters has been studied by TRAINED people, and a Peak is a Peak: no matter if you see some "artificial formations". It would be like to ask to the clouds to create a more random shape in order to prevent the people from spotting strange shapes in them. Nature is nature: here, on the Moon and in every other place subject to the power of the nature, i mean the whole universe, until it will be proven the contrary beyond every reasonable doubt.
If you don't know how a complex crater could have been formed, then you have zero chances to find out how some odd formations may exist.

Its not a "dune" I dont think dunes exist on the moon,, its not melted slag from a hot impact, and its not a peak,,,,like a collapsed peak,,, the shadow at the "opening" of the shaft remains the same regardles of the angle.
If you want to see more anomalist "structures" check out Brian Allen's websire on lights in the Archerous (?sp) Crater,, its been recorded since the 1600's...

And that is my opinion and I havent seen anything here but examples of other moon craters.

I have never heard this name: the closest name that comes in mind is
Aristarchus
svs.gsfc.nasa.gov...

is THIS one the crater you are referring to?

[edit on 21/4/2008 by internos]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

This is a 180o out shot and it looks like a simple ridge,,and sloping back,,how ever the OP looks entirely different to me,,"not-natural..i.e. dune, or collapsed peak,,just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

thats the one ,,I apologize for the spelling ,, I didnt have time to go back for the link,,I believe its the "Livingmoon" url.
Brian Allen hosts a link with a number of shots and a record of the obseravtions since 1600 up to the statements of astronauts who flew over the crater,,,

You can call on "expert opinion" but until they walk on that site,, or have closer imaging,, then the "vote" is still out,,,,IMHO.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbmitch
reply to post by ArMaP

This is a 180o out shot and it looks like a simple ridge,,and sloping back,,how ever the OP looks entirely different to me,,"not-natural..i.e. dune, or collapsed peak,,just my opinion.

Thanks for your support! I was beginning to feel rather lonely here...
It's good to know that there are at least a few other people out there that also thinks the structures in Herschel crater looks artificial, not natural.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join