It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gigantic alien structures in Herschel crater - Apollo 12 image

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Oh, and the other image with the platform?

Bear in mind that the image was created in a series of horizontal slices, so it could easily be a stitching artefact (you can see many of them across the image)

The first image I posted before was nabbed from the thunderbolts website, I believe they were exploring the possibility that some of the craters were caused by electrical/plasma discharges.

edit: internos beat me to it

[edit on 20-4-2008 by Stoo]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

I am sorry, Internos, I don't see any scan lines in the amazingly clear image that Ruffready posted. So have can the feature that resembles a "platform" in his image have been created by different illumination of two stripes?

Best regards, Ziggystar60.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Thanks for that Internos.

Thats what I mean about so many differnent pics of certain areas that have anomalies, so many are different. Makes you wonder which is which.

fun stuff!!

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60

I am sorry, Internos, I don't see any scan lines in the amazingly clear image that Ruffready posted. So have can the feature that resembles a "platform" in his image have been created by different illumination of two stripes?

That "amazingly clear image" is much lower resolution than the original. You can't see the scan lines anymore in that version, for the most part, except for the "platform." The original that internos linked to here is MUCH high res, in fact it's as high res a scan of the original as one can possibly get, and at that resolution the original scan lines that were mostly obscured by down-sampling the image are once again obvious. You can't use ruffready's image as proof that scan lines don't exist because it's not the original nor is it high res. That's why this version is so important to answering the question:

files.abovetopsecret.com...

It also appears that someone played with the levels and may have cloned out the scan lines on ruffready's version in order to improve the image for media publication.

[edit on 20-4-2008 by ngchunter]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Yeah, I see your point..which one is the real deal?? I go bonkers sometimes trying to figure out which pictures are the earliest (aren't air-brushed) and which are newer and touched up.

That always looked like a platform to me for a long time....then them lines come along !!

I like the platform myself

[edit on 20-4-2008 by RUFFREADY]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

You can't see the scan lines anymore in that version, for the most part, except for the "platform."

yeah, thats what I thiks fishy! It seems the scan-lines just hung out at the platform.

I like that look out platform. Thats where the boss looked out over the workers!! yep!

Its being covered up I tell ya!

Ok, next crater.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I have stared at this pic for 10 minutes trying to see anything untaward and ive come to the conclusion that what we have here is ...surprise ..A Crator. Perhaps if it was a magic eye picture it would work ?

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

"Later on, observations of unusual lunar occurrences became even more numerous. One of them, a huge lunar enigma, is hidden in Copernicus Crater anomalies. The site appears to resemble an ancient, or even a currently operating, strip mine. As the Moon lacks wind, air and water, the soil erosion cannot be involved in producing such a landscape, which reminds of a vast mining operation site with debris and rock piles and angled terraces. Numerous details of Copernicus Crater, such as ridges and mining ramps, look exactly like those of earth strip mines. Closer observations of the Crater photos reveal other phenomena, such as vapours of dust or smoke and shapes of buildings,PLATFORMS, giant excavators, village sites, and even an archway system. Terrific, indeed!"

end quote
I found the above here..www.lunacorp.com...

I'm still looking for more pics of that area

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21-4-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter

It also appears that someone played with the levels and may have cloned out the scan lines on ruffready's version in order to improve the image for media publication.

Well, at least you admit that it appears that someone played with the levels and cloned out something in order to improve the image for media publication.

I happen to think that NASA has played around very much with the Apollo images... If you go back in this thread, you can see other images of the Herschel crater where the structures I am talking about seem to have disappeared almost completely. Isn't that remarkable?

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

That is not an Apollo photo, is from Lunar Orbiter II.

The image is made up from several strips, so the places where the strips join make those horizontal lines.

That photo has been discussed in this thread since September 2006.

Edited to add that there are really different version of this image because there are different scans from different prints.

[edit on 20/4/2008 by ArMaP]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
one more...

Why? With all the missions combined, including Clementine, the Lunar Orbiters, Rangers and Russian,
and the last, Lunar Prospector, only 20% of the Moons surface was photographed with hi-res close ups.

Or so they say. But I can't believe this is the facts.

SOURCE www.boomslanger.com...

another interesting site about "mine works" going on on the Moon.

Lots of folks out there are investigating the "top secret projects " going on up there!

[edit on 21-4-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

If you go back in this thread, you can see other images of the Herschel crater where the structures I am talking about seem to have disappeared almost completely. Isn't that remarkable?

I already addressed this ziggy, perhaps you didn't notice. The peak in herschel didn't disappear, the shadows did. That's because of the sun's angle; at lunar "noon" the moon's craters and features because hard, almost impossible to detect because the terrain is fairly homogenous and low contrast without long shadows to define topography. Nothing was altered to hide anything. Here's a photo I took of the moon, notice how the craters are clearest around the terminator, the rest of the moon looks flat even though it's far from being flat. Did I airbrush out the details? Am I hiding anything? No.

NASA stiches images together all the time for public consumption as sweeping panoramas, does that mean they're hiding anything? Of course not! They're trying to get the public interested in spaceflight by making images that are easy to view to get the "big picture" on a scene, but the original copies are always available. In this case, even the original had scan lines as that was a limitation of the technology of the time. Nonetheless, internos found the original, and it's what any reputable investigator should first go to when looking for anything. It sickens me that anytime anyone does anything to a NASA image for the sake of easy public consumption a cover-up is assumed, even when they make the originals easily accessible to anyone.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks for the info, but perhaps you should have directed your reply to the member who posted the image in this thread? It was not me, but Ruffready.

When I started this thread, I did a search for anything connected to Herschel crater and the ID number of the image i posted a cropped version of. I could not find anything. And the Herschel lunar crater was the reason I started this thread, in case you have forgotten.

[edit on 20-4-2008 by ziggystar60]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

The problem is that the higher the resolution the less covered area it captures.

While taking a 1000x1000 pixels photo at 1km per pixel will show an area 1000km wide by 1000km long, the same area photographed with 1000x1000 pixels photos at 1 metre per pixel would take 1,000,000 photos.

Obviously, that takes time, and while we can do it on Earth (but I doubt we have a full high resolution coverage) we have many satellites able to do it and much cheaper to make and launch a new one.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I did not forgot that this thread is about Herschel crater, my reply was really a reply to more than one thing, I should have made that clearer.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Hi, I must have overlooked your post, sorry about that. Anyway, I don't agree with you. I think the peaks and structures actually disappeared. I think someone tampered with the images to make them go away.

I trust my own eyes more than your opinion about that. With all due respect.

Best regards, Ziggystar.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I got ya! kinda like the "old" Dick Tracy" two way wrist -radio do-hickey!

pixels are the thing going on ! and what you said!

content.answers.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
watch a drop of water fall into a puddle in slow motion- that will clearly show how the middle of the impact rises up.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
ziggystar60
Could you please post an image with what you think is a "giant alien structure" highlighted in some way?

If you just say that you think the "structures" were erased from the other photos without saying what they are we may be posting things that are not related to what you want and this thread is useless.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
ziggystar60
Could you please post an image with what you think is a "giant alien structure" highlighted in some way?

If you just say that you think the "structures" were erased from the other photos without saying what they are we may be posting things that are not related to what you want and this thread is useless.

I have been following this thread and I agree. Internos has shown more proof of this as a shadow anomaly based on the evidence of the pics provided... nothing to call substantial. Maybe we could ask the Kaguya team to do a flyover in hi-def @ 90 miles? Maybe they have?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join