It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gigantic alien structures in Herschel crater - Apollo 12 image

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I only see natural looking features, nothing there looks like it was artificially created.

As usualy there are more than one photo of the same area, I went looking for more using the Apollo Mission 12 Lunar Photography Index Maps, I saw that there were at least four photos showing that crater.

One was already posted by internos, but here it is again, cropped and level adjusted.
Original size

The other photos:
AS12-50-7435

The next two photos are taken from the other side, rotating the image 180º shows better that this is the same crater.
AS12-51-7506
Original size

AS12-51-7507
Original size

More photos are available, but not in high resolution.
Here is a list of all the Apollo mission photos that show Herschel crater.

Edit: I forgot this photo

AS-16-M-1410

[edit on 20/4/2008 by ArMaP]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Thanks for a great post!

I also see the structures in Herschel crater in the picture you posted. I don't know what they are, but I like when folks bring them to my attention!

I've been interested in the moon since the movie 2001 (AC Clark short story take) and looked at the moon alot with my 8'' reflector (Meade).

Hopefully, well get some really good new hi-res pics of this crater and others. It just seems that current pictures of craters of intrest and structures we have been shown on ATS all have different resolutions and "looks" its hard to say wants been "air brushed" or what hasn't.

The main thing though is post like these are needed to compare pictures for those of us who are interested in this sort of thing, (as there are so many craters and so little time) and compare informatin on said anomalies.

Thanks again, this crater is going on my list!!

Ruff

[edit on 20-4-2008 by RUFFREADY]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Hi, and thank you very much for the images you posted, they are interesting.

I find it very strange that the strange structures in the middle of the crater seems to have disappeared almost completely in the images AS12-51-7506 and AS12-51-7507, since they are clearly visible in your other images. Just wanted to point that out, not to start an argument about whether these features are artificial or not.
I think the two images I mentioned above may have been doctored by NASA.

Best regards, Ziggystar60.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by hildar
I didnt see to much unnatural either but in stoo's post of photos I did see something unnatural. It looks like roads to me please tell me this is not on another planet:

lvo.wr.usgs.gov...

Hilda

Hi, Hilda, I am sorry but I am not sure about the image you mention and where it came from. Stoo doesn't say where this image was taken, but I agree that it actually looks like there are roads in it.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

You may have noticed that all of the examples of craters and their centers are rounded and smooth.
The center of the crated on the OP, to me is angular,, much like a "shaft".
The top lential with 90o angle to the sides that from the sides sides of the shaft and a ramp like top,,, if this is a common moon crater,, then where are the rest of the "angular" samples,,

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

What is the password info to download the large image? I need the username also.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jbmitch

if this is a common moon crater,, then where are the rest of the "angular" samples,,

Thank you, that is my point excactly! Some of the structures in the image are, as you put it, angular. Too angular to be natural, in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

What is the password info to download the large image? I need the username also.

Hi, you don't need a password to download the image I posted a cropped version of. I had no problem downloading the image to my PC. Here is the link to the full image at Sky Image Lab:

nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I've been told that 90o angles , prefect right angles are not found in nature but imply man made..however there are the stones of Bimini Road in the Bahama's.
The pryamid structured off the coast of China,, and the octongal basalt columuns in polynesia,, and their formation is still a point of controversy.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Crater Gassendi's central peak is just as jagged as your find, as was the first comparison image posted in reply to you on the first page.

I find it interesting that you didn't say anything about the first comparison image on the first page since it was just as jagged as yours with two sharp peaks and tall sharp shadows, but you apparently didn't find anything "unnatural" about it by your then-ambigious definition.

I see nothing to indicate that this phenomenon is unusal or all that uncommon. I find it extremely unreasonable to assume, with no more evidence than plain supposition, that "round" peaks are natural and somehow "jagged" peaks are "artificial." Jagged peaks are found all over nature, why would these be any different? What process could prevent peaks from forming jaggedly during asteroid impacts?

By the way, the site you're linking to and calling "sky image lab," is actually the NSSDC, a NASA site, so please stop pretending like NASA is not providing or is somehow hiding the image.

[edit on 20-4-2008 by ngchunter]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Hi, I am not quite sure what comparison image you are talking about, but I assume it is the first one posted by "stoo"? I have already looked at his images and posted a reply to him. I have no problem with jagged formations, peeks and shadows. But I do have a problem with angular features.

And the site I provided a link to actually have the headline "Sky Image Lab", so I don't see why this provoces you. It is also a fact that far from all images taken on the moon surface or from orbit around the moon has been made public. You are naive if you think we have been told the whole truth about what's up there on our moon. No disrespect intended.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60
reply to post by ArMaP

Hi, and thank you very much for the images you posted, they are interesting.

I find it very strange that the strange structures in the middle of the crater seems to have disappeared almost completely in the images AS12-51-7506 and AS12-51-7507, since they are clearly visible in your other images. Just wanted to point that out, not to start an argument about whether these features are artificial or not.
I think the two images I mentioned above may have been doctored by NASA.

I can see the exact same natural "uplift" structures are there in the images posted by Armap and jra.

The only difference is that in your OP photo the angle of the sun caused the naturally uplifted area to cast very long shadows, while in Armap's and jra's photos the sun was in a more "overhead" position relative to the crater, thus very little shadow.

The shadow DOES makes the uplifted area standout more, but I see the same features in these images as I do in your OP. If you look carefully you will see it is the same feature.

Here is an annotated comparison of the two photos that shows the same features in each. The lower photo is taken from a different angle, so the features sean 'elongated' compared to the top, but they are the same features:

NOTE: I ROTATED ARMAPS IMAGE 180 DEGREES SO ITS ORIENTATIOPN MORE CLOSELY MATCHED THE OP'S IMAGE

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60
reply to post by ngchunter

Hi, I am not quite sure what comparison image you are talking about, but I assume it is the first one posted by "stoo"? I have already looked at his images and posted a reply to him. I have no problem with jagged formations, peeks and shadows. But I do have a problem with angular features.

And the site I provided a link to actually have the headline "Sky Image Lab", so I don't see why this provoces you. It is also a fact that far from all images taken on the moon surface or from orbit around the moon has been made public. You are naive if you think we have been told the whole truth about what's up there on our moon. No disrespect intended.

The letters "nssdc.gsfc.NASA.gov" didn't tip you off to who operates the site? Actually the fact of the matter that ALL of the images from the moon's surface and orbit from apollo HAVE been made public by NASA. I challenge you to prove otherwise.

Jagged, angular, same difference, stoo's first photo shows flat sharp surfaces as evidenced by the shadows it projects. I wasn't suggesting you should find shadows themselves unnatural (though you blatantly accused NASA of a "cover-up" in photos where there are no shadows due to the sun angle, claiming "airbrushing" when it's well-known that lunar features are harder to detect at lunar noon - anyone who's observed lunar craters in a telescope knows they're harder to detect near a full moon). In particular, the photograph of gassendi I linked to is practically identical to yours, it's just as "angular," the formation has all the same characteristics of yours. It's common, and you have yet to suggest a mechanism by which it's possible for nature to form "jagged or rounded" peaks but not "angular" in the ways seen here.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I still think its hard to find the "real" pictures that haven't been "brushed up", IMHO.

Its always possible that NASA missed one or such..or earlier photos that weren't destroyed or lost etc..made it to the public.

example this crater has many different "looks" but not to many "high Res" to study.

I see (in this one) a look out platform on the rim (circled) ...others don't..

[edit on 20-4-2008 by RUFFREADY]

Mod Note: Image Size – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21-4-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Hi, thank you so much for posting this interesting image! I agree with you, it actually looks like there are some sort of platform on the rim. Do you have the ID number for this image? Where can I find it so I can download it?

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

here is where I down loaded the crater www.honeysucklecreek.net...

I'm always looking for more "hi res" of this area.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I didnt see to much unnatural either but in stoo's post of photos I did see something unnatural. It looks like roads to me please tell me this is not on another planet:

lvo.wr.usgs.gov...

Hilda

Yup, that's a crater on earth

The big lump in the middle was caused by a lava upwelling

link   

Thanks a million! I have just taken a quick look at the image, and already it's obvious that there are many strange features in it. I know I am going to enjoy studying this one...

All the best to you from Ziggystar60.

link   

HI RUFFREADY

That's a detail of Copernicus crater:

Here you can find a hi-res picture of that area
files.abovetopsecret.com...

In this close-up, you can notice that it's an optical illusion created between two scan lines:

the different illumination of the two "stripes" created that effect.

[edit on 20/4/2008 by internos]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stoo

lvo.wr.usgs.gov...

Hilda

Yup, that's a crater on earth

The big lump in the middle was caused by a lava upwelling

Thanks for clearing that up, Stoo.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join