It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court to Consider Death Penalty For Child Rape

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Some of you should hang your head in shame, you want to torture and give people slow deaths? that just makes you as bad as the person who has commited the crime. The death penalty should be banned all around the world its about time the U.S got up to date with the rest of the world, IT IS NOT A DETTERENT! Norway has the lowest murder rate in the world and have you seen the prisons in Norway? they are closer to holiday camps then prisons but there crime rate is much lower....

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Considering that people accused of child molestation or rape are automatically considered guilty, a lot of innocent people may be put to death. There have been many cases where children have claimed being molested out of revenge, anger or from suggestions from parents.

I am sure that many will recall the huge outbreak of molestation claims against day care centers after one prominent case was on the news in the 1980s. Suddenly, across the country, day care workers were being dragged off by the police for questioning. It seemed like every day care worker must be a child rapist. As it turned out the majority of these molestation/rape claims were nothing more than the children saying what they believed their parents and the child protection agency employees wanted to hear and false memories planted from repeated leading questioning.

Child rape is a serious crime, but due to the guilty until proven innocent and the witch hunt atmosphere of such cases I hope they require solid evidence such as dna testing for the death penalty.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
How about a simple castration (with a pair of house bricks), to cure them of the urge, so that when they are released from a long sentence they are less of a danger?
Screw the "Human Rights" brigade on this one.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePiemaker
reply to post by Harlequin

There will be very few women who will get harsh penalties for child rape. There's a difference between male rapists and female rapists that lies primarily in the body parts used. Raping a penis isn't nearly as violent as raping a vagina or anus.

isn`t it? so its `ok` then for a woman or group of women to gang rape a man (or male child) doing what ever they want all because of what is raped? or how about a woman forcing using physical assault a female child to perform acts upon her? or raping the girl using phalus for her own gratification? the difference is what?

can you understand what i mean - society turn a blind eye to female attacks , as many in this thread have shown.

Originally posted by Britguy
How about a simple castration (with a pair of house bricks), to cure them of the urge, so that when they are released from a long sentence they are less of a danger?
Screw the "Human Rights" brigade on this one.

again - read what i have said - female rapists are a silent statistic - but the numbers are shocking AND unlike other crimes - the numbers are rising.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Here's my solution:

Deny the state the ability to punish the perpetrator and place all the power to punish a rapist with the victim.

Once charged, they would be tied up and the victim is allowed to punish them as they see fit. It isn't the state being raped therefore the state has no right to punish people, even if they represent the people of the state, it is only the victim that was violated.

Allow the victim to punish the rapist. This way, if the victim is able to forgive - so be it. If the victim is truly "scarred for life" then they can extract whatever they see as justice.

If I were a criminal, I would be far more scared of having retribution payed at the hands of my victim than by the state.

If a victim is too weak to do the job, they can have a substitute stand in and do whatever they will to the perpetrator, or simply wait until they are old enough to do it themselves.

In some middle eastern nations, if a woman is violated, the family comes out and is given the right to execute the accused. It actually should be the woman, but since they treat women as property it is usually the men that think they are violated.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I don't think that the death penalty is appropriate seeing is that it is too quick and humane. I also don;t believe that spending more taxpayers dollars on jailing criminals is sufficient. My belief is that the punishment should fit the crime. If you steal you must pay back, if you assault someone you should be beaten senseless. For child molestors id say castration is a good punishment. For the females that do it im sure there is something that can be given to them to eliminate their sex drive or something equivalent. But i do believe that getting castrated would be a good punishment, i know i would be more afraid of living my life like that than having a nice quick death.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

again - read what i have said - female rapists are a silent statistic - but the numbers are shocking AND unlike other crimes - the numbers are rising.

Although i dont know what drives those teenage kids who have seduced their school teachers to rat them out. I remember seeing this female teacher on tv a few years back who slept with a gang of schoolkids who admitted talking her into it and they ratted her out. I couldnt believe what i was seeing. I am male so maybe my view is extremly one sided but i am sure a few agree with me.

But i do know what you mean i have heard of many cases of older women seducing young teenage boys or girls, some as young as 10 - 13. It is terrible and in IMHO just as bad as when men do it. A very large problem in our society is the amount of women the system lets slip through the cracks for violent and disgusting crimes compared to the amount of men. In most cases the men are demonised but for the same crime a woman could be made to look like the victim.

Recently in my city (november 2007) we had a baby stolen from our main hospital by a female perp, you may have heard about this there was a north america wide amber alert. Anyhow not 1 MONTH after she was caught she was released on bail and is now a free women. This was all based on the fact that she has had a rough life and she is seeing a councillor. She was made to look like the victim, the familiy of the stolen child is outraged and so is our community. Now you cant even talk down about this women as people will say "how dare you say those things, she has problems you know". If a man had commited this crime he would have been made to look like a lunitic and they would have never granted him bail, just locked him up and throw away the key. I bet a man wouldnt have gotten a fair trial either.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Does child rape really warrant the death penalty? Murderers haven't stopped killing people despite the use of the death penalty. Is this really going to deter people from raping children?

While I do not defend people who do such despicable acts, they are still people. Who are we to sentence another to death? We are not god.

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind, remember. Having them be raped over and over again may be what it takes to drill it into their brains, but that may also cause more harm than good.

Killing people is not going to solve any problems.

how old are you biggie?

you are not married and fathered / mothered any child aren't you..?

post back here when you have a stable family with your own baby..

this topic is for all the parent in the world, not young internet armchair critics..

i for one will personally kill anyone who dare harm my children..

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
WHEN PROVEN BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT, I fully support this. But, it should be a slow, drawn out painful death. Start by hooking the electrodes to the genitalia, and turn up the power ever so slowly.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
My argument for capitol punishment is simple. The killer will never have a chance to take another innocent life. That alone is the reason for my pro death penalty stance.
Although I can relate to those who would want to torture child killer\rapists (especially if they harmed a loved one of mine), I say no, there's enough pain and violence in the world. Don't drag it out. Just execute them and be done with it.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Does child rape really warrant the death penalty? Murderers haven't stopped killing people despite the use of the death penalty. Is this really going to deter people from raping children?

While I do not defend people who do such despicable acts, they are still people. Who are we to sentence another to death? We are not god.

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind, remember. Having them be raped over and over again may be what it takes to drill it into their brains, but that may also cause more harm than good.

Killing people is not going to solve any problems.

The reasons the death penalty does not deter people from killing is that they sit on death row for 10-20years and get fed ,clothed and all the sex thay want paid for by your tax dollars.

If there is proof ( video, witnesses) that you murdered someone when found guilty you should be put to death within 48hrs by hanging/lynched and I believe that would deter crime better than anything else.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Child rapists desrve the worst possible death imaginable .

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I don't know that it would do a bit of good, it isn't like most states actually carry out many death penalties anyways.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Sonuds like you are a predator who rapes young children.. You sir are a sick person if you think its ok to have sex with children..

edited out deleted post

[edit on 14-4-2008 by gallopinghordes]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
How can you call for the death or torture of another human being who may or may not have touched a child?

They are still human beings.

We really are a messed up race and we deserve whatever natural disasters, wars, and famines come to us.

I'm ashamed at some of the responses.

We're supposed to be "civilized."

[edit on 4/14/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The problem with the death penalty is that it is not used often enough and it is never used quickly enough. We need to stop putting people on death row for 40 years. Hire the lawyers to work out the appeals in twelve months maximum and then fry these bastards on national tv. We could do so much to eliminate crime and stop future crime by using the death penalty far more than it is currently being used. Anyone who commits a crime with a gun in their possession should also get the death penalty. The retarded bleeding hearts who oppose the death penalty should be forced to have all the criminals paroled into their own neighborhoods. Lets not forget about murder. To allow a murderer to serve a six or seven year sentence is unbelievably stupid. They need to be made examples of so future generations will reap the crime free fruits of our labors instead of living in a society full of crime but with no freedoms.

[edit on 4-14-2008 by groingrinder]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
You are one sick S.O.B. How dare you demean the suffering of innocent little children in such a manner. You should be expelled from this board and reported to your local authorities.

[edit: removed quote of deleted post]

[edit on 14-4-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
You are one sick S.O.B. How dare you demean the suffering of innocent little children in such a manner. You should be expelled from this board and reported to your local authorities.

Admin have been pretty good at controlling these.. "people". It's not the first post I've seen where someone defends sexual abuse of children as some sort of 'orientation'.
The fact that they seem oblivious to the trauma they inflict is scary in itself.

[edited out warn/deleted post]

[edit on 14-4-2008 by riley]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

I never said I was ok with molesting children, apparently unlike the guy you quoted...

However, does the punishment fit the crime?

Murder for someone who fondled some children? We don't necessarily execute people who kill people.

Just doesn't seem right.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join