It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court to Consider Death Penalty For Child Rape

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

I've already stated I'm not interested in moral high ground debates.

Well you're here, I'm here as well as many others and nobody's opinion is being suppressed, whether or not you agree with them or want to compartmentalize the discussion such that it leans in your favor or you don't have to deal with others whom you don't agree, matters not the basis. Why bother with the disclaimer, and just let it flow as it does?

I'm not interested in lots of what some have to say, but read them I do, if I wish to be part of such discussion, otherwise I don't bother to post if I can't or don't want to deal with it.

And before you even say it, I'm fully aware you're glad it's not my call to make.

I don't know about that. I think it's all of our calls to make, as all of our opinions count for something indirectly if nothing else.

[edit on 14-4-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Of all the topics to be some "sort" of "expert in.

10 years of my life was spent trying to rehabilitate sex offenders.
most of them pedophiles.
I have read over 100+ offense histories. (no exageration)

Casteration: not a solution....it is a psychological condition too.

I believe that pedophilia is a sexual orientation.

Has that sunk in yet? (if you are reading this and are a pedophile don't think for a second that I am on your side. I am sorry for your "infliction" but we can not have you in society. You or your kind every touch one of my four children, you will be lucky if you see the inside of a court room...have I made myself clear to both sides of this issue?)

So I am trying to make clear that I want you to read this for information and not some social commentary about what I subjectively think. (it is unavoidable with a topic like this but hopefully you will be able to tell when I am switching from objective to subjective)

These people feel they love children.....
Every sex offender I have ever dealt with was sexually abused as a child...100%
No one has pointed out that the greatest tax payer expense is "Civil Commitment" run the numbers on that compared to prison...you would demand that they all stay in prison instead. Tax payers paid me $20hr.
( Constitutional issues up the wazoo)

Capital punishment isn't the answer because we have people locked up for life that have done nothing worse than "flash" way too easy to go down for this and be innocent. Someone posted about DNA...good call my friend

If you are "civilly commited" you "are" locked up for life. (anyone from Minnesota that would like to challenge that?) (no internet for them so they won't be chiming in here)

Another sad fact is that when ever a "child molester" is caught and convicted he has many many many many molestations he was not caught for.

Many of you made some good posts.
1) death penalty would not deter nor cause an offender to more likely murder their victims. Someone pointed out that they would kill in an attempt to not get caught for the molestation...that I believe is true but it goes no further in their thought process than that...they aren't thinking about what sentence they would get if busted. (most don't kill their victims, and most are relatives or close friends) Avoid having male babysitters!

Now my area of expertise is with SDP's (sexualy dangerous persons) and PP's (psychopathic personalities)

I actually am in my 2nd year of law school because one of the things I wanted to do is reform civil commitment. It is a waste of money. Pedophiles, especially the psychopathic ones can not be rehabilitated...never ever. One of you guys talked about lobotomizing...now that my friend is not a bad idea. I am morally against the dealth penalty but I also am able to acknowledge I sin. (so I am not going to preach pro or con for the idea of capital punishment for this)

Child molestation is worse than murder....for at least the victim. (my opinion)

Oh, there are far far more pedophiles than there are murders and like I said this is, (I am convinced), a sexual orientation. Clinicaly we call it a mental illness that needs or (can be treated...wrong!)
Back in the day they considered Homosexuality to be some mental illness.
(now don't some of you go all anti-gay on me or even accuse of me of being anti-gay. I was wired to be a hetro and I was in a social enviornment that was conducive of that. I believe our sexual orientations have both components and not like the gay bashers that think someone chooses to be gay like they were choosing to get a tattoo or something...I am taking the time to explain this now because some of you are going to come flaming back about pedophilia being or not being a sexual orientation.....if you know more than me on the subject than by all means give me your observations but if not....don't take this issue or part of the post down the anti or pro gay issue...I almost am tempted to erase this part but if I just leave it to the "pedophile orientation" thing then some of you are going to take it down that road regarding other sexual orientations.
I would ask the moderators to be watchful and not tolerate any other discussion or debate about sexual orientation other then the pedophile issue.
--------------
Bottom line....capital punishment would be opening a huge can of worms
because this population is huge. But if it goes down then I call dibs on the first breaking alternative news thread that involves the first Priest to be executed for child molestation. (geez, people, I'm not anti-Catholic either...I tech. am a Catholic.)

I really am sorry for spending so much time with the caveats but I don't want this thread to get derailed by my comments.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

Just chiming in with my opinion, that's all. I just said I wasnt' interested in a back and forth again in a debate that I've gotten into time and again, I guess it just gets tiring. Sorry.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Agreed. No need to apologize.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I don't support the death penalty for the child rapist. Cut off his penis. That should deter any potential rapists. Post it on youtube for good measure.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
I don't support the death penalty for the child rapist. Cut off his penis. That should deter any potential rapists. Post it on youtube for good measure.

Didn't read my post did you? cutting off the penis won't stop him from raping again...and if you need how that is possible then you are on your own to figure that out. Won't deter anyone else either.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

Fine then, for good measure cutt off his tongue and his hands as well as his penis. That should deter him.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Well my personal thought on the idea is somewhat unpopular I am afraid.

I do not think they should get off that easy. Why let them be put to death so that they do not have to suffer as their victims have and will continue to suffer?

In these cases if there is absolutely no doubt of their guilt I say forget cruel and unusual punishment beliefs all together. I know I should not feel that sort of resentment toward this type of “person” but that is my own thing I must work to overcome so to speak.

I say they be barely kept alive and tortured round the clock until they die of old age. There are no excuses as to why they should be freed of any suffering they may face. Let them really see what it is like to feel pain, to wish for death, and cry endlessly for someone to help them with no one coming to do so.

All I can say is they are lucky I am not in charge of handing out punishments for this type of “person”. The movies have nothing on what I would like to see done to them.

In my opinion these “people” deserve to lose not only their legal rights but all rights all together. They are a bane on society and should be treated in a harsh way to show that.

Raist

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

For the people who oppose the proposed law, do you think the current system is fine or do you have something else in mind?

Castration if the victim is pre-pubescent.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

Maybe they should think about just locking them away forever. Why aren't they extending jail times to life at least? Punnishing them is not what society should be worried about.. making sure they can't offend again should be the priority.

This gave me an idea. How about letting the victim, once thay are an adult, decide when, if ever, the perp should be released?

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by misswanderer31

Woman do in fact have sexual apparatus which give them pleasure. Female castration is indeed possible. In fact, it is practiced in Africa.

[edit on 4/14/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

And we all know that pedophiles are not ever cured.

Not all pedophiles are rapists. Can homosexuals ever be cured? How about the agalmatophiliacs?

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

I remember whole towns were suspected of being child molesting dens of Satanists, only to find out otherwise after many people were sent to prison. There are some still in prison, even after being proven innocent, but still have to hope that The Innocence Project will be able to help them get out.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePiemaker

There will be very few women who will get harsh penalties for child rape. There's a difference between male rapists and female rapists that lies primarily in the body parts used. Raping a penis isn't nearly as violent as raping a vagina or anus.

You seem to have little understanding of the female rapist. They often mutilate their victims, or at least inflict torture upon their genitalia. Furthermore, they often use foreign objects to penetrate their victims. Lastly, there is also female on female rape.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

But i do know what you mean i have heard of many cases of older women seducing young teenage boys or girls, some as young as 10 - 13.

i274.photobucket.com...

[edit on 4/14/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Raist,
the torture thing just continues to victimize the victim....hate will devour the person and the offender has taken any meaningful life away from you.
I am not "morally" for the death penalty (I stated that before) but I also said if any of my kids were a victim...well that offender will find out if there was a hell before me.
Does that make me a hypocrit? I'm not saying I would be "just" in fact I am stating clearly that I would be guilty of a great sin. We all must be accountable for our actions and I have no "conflict".
I think you have to have kids to really understand what you would do for them.
I spent 10 years fighting for these monster's Constitutional rights....I have been labled a "patient lover" from my peers and I have been loathed for it. Why? Because all it takes is some pissed off, soon to be, ex-wife during a messy divorce, accuse you of molesting your kids. You would be done my friend. Lets say that you get a 5 year sentence....you do the entire time and as you walk out the door some people pick you up on a "hold order" you are thinking, what the hell is that? While you are locked up in some institute you find out that they are trying to civilly commit you. civil what? You get no jury....you get no trial....you get civilly committed and you will never ever ever get out...you are done.
That is how it works right now people. (not in all states, gee, hope you live in one of those and they don't change that law)
It is double jeopordy....it is preventitive detention...your due process? sure you can have a three judge panel every now and then....now that is what we call a kangaroo court if ever there was one... You aren't going anywhere....you can't complete treatment....because people like me won't let you....psychological torture....we will make sure you do something wrong....nobody has ever gotten out so far and no one will.
How would you like that? Do you know how easy it is to get accused of this type of crime? So I have been hated for 10 years because I don't want any of you or me to ever get screwed like this.
Enigma 77, has accused me of being complacent with things....well I lost a wife and my kids because of this and I am in law school because of this...what more would you suggest I do to try and defend our Constitution?
Do any of you know how it feels to be perceived as defending those that, inside your gut... you would....well, you would feel like Rasit.

by the way....I didn't one day say...."hey, I think I will go spend 10 years working with Sexual Psychopathic Personalities!" what a fun job that would be.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
reply to post by riley

Maybe they should think about just locking them away forever. Why aren't they extending jail times to life at least? Punnishing them is not what society should be worried about.. making sure they can't offend again should be the priority.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bifurcated sentencing would take care of this....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This gave me an idea. How about letting the victim, once thay are an adult, decide when, if ever, the perp should be released?

------------------------------------------------------------------
sorry, unworkable solution, once they re-offend then the victim that released them has that guilt. no dice.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
reply to post by TheComte

And we all know that pedophiles are not ever cured.

Not all pedophiles are rapists. Can homosexuals ever be cured? How about the agalmatophiliacs?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Really? Do you know of some pedophiles that aren't? gee, I would love to know how you would have come across that information.
Do you know more pedophiles then me?

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I disagree with that. The old ways were quite cost effective. Immediately following the trial and guilty verdict a gallows was either prepared or constructed (if the town did not already have one built) and the sentence was carried out within a day or two of the guilty verdict. Very cost effective in all aspects.

This isn't the wild west anymore where everyone can go out and lynch people they don't like. Not to mention Salem before that.

A man isn't productive sitting on his ass behind bars for 50+ years, therefore he has become a drain and a burden on society.

Wrong. Prisons are highly profitable, and business is booming.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

I really hope everyone read this post. Star for you. Everyone else, go back and star it!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join