It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court to Consider Death Penalty For Child Rape

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by resistancia
I am not against the death penalty because it is inhumane.

Rather, I am against it because knuckle dragging oxygen thieves like child rapists should be made to suffer for the rest of their natural lives.

To kill them releases them from their guilt. The they need to live with their guilt. The judicial system owes the victims and their families, at least that much.

They should be castrated without anaesthetic, blinded so they may never look upon an innocent child's face again. They should be made to live in their own fecal matter and denied the right to clean linen, clothes and decent food. They are the filthiest vermin on the planet.

res

This death penalty supporter actually agrees with you

I actually believe that murderers and rapists should be tortured. They have chose to commit a horrible act....they have chosen to remove all dignity from their own life. Their life is no longer dignified and deserving of anything but server punishment.

Why people feel that murderers and rapists are WORTHY of humane, compassionate treatment absolutely boggles my mind.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

this IMO, is the worst of the worst in society--Child Rapists.

It certainly can be, but not necessarily. There are many different degrees, from young lovers who are guilty simply because of a couple years difference to the extreme of the stereotype stranger abductions of children who aren't mentally or physically strong enough to fight back. I find a terrorist who blows up and kills many people including children closer to the worst.

Originally posted by Umbrax
I'm against the death penalty even when cases like this make it hard to take that position.
Death is not punishment. Rapists certainly need to be punished.

Dying is easy, except for those you leave behind. Does it make the world a better place as their Deaths leave more pain in the world? There is zero evidence that the Death Penalty deters crime.

Originally posted by jackinthebox
If a rapist knows they are going to be executed if they get caught, what hope would there be that he might let your little girl leave alive?

Yes, that is a valid argument. Many are killed in cases like the Polly Klass murder where she was targeted for the purpose of rape, but the the bad guy decided to kill her to cover his tracks. On the other hand you could argue if he was killed or imprisoned for life for his other offenses, he wouldn't of been out to rape & kill Polly.

Sort of a chicken & egg argument, however there's no doubt had the penalties not been so severe they would not kill trying to remove the most important witness to their crimes.

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

I actually believe that murderers and rapists should be tortured.

Why people feel that murderers and rapists are WORTHY of humane, compassionate treatment absolutely boggles my mind.

Actually murderers are the least likely convicts to re-offend because most murders occur accidentally or spur of the moment decisions. Not premeditated ones of course, serial, or career criminals as you see on the msm.

I believe the more killing and hate done on the earth the more negative our lives will be.

We must make the world better & not succumb to the evil around us by joining them in killing for the state.

Our Court system is clearly flawed and many are convicted of crimes they have not done, therefore I think it's better to error by putting them away for 20 years rather than killing them wrongly.

I don't think the state should ever be given permission to kill anyone, if anyone should be able to kill it should be the family of the victim of the most heinous crimes.

[edit on 14-4-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
And what about female child abusers?

The number of cases of women who abuse children for there own gratification has dramitically increased over the last 10 years - will they also be executed as well?

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Does child rape really warrant the death penalty? Murderers haven't stopped killing people despite the use of the death penalty. Is this really going to deter people from raping children?

It will certainly stop them from reoffending.

I'm serious.. they don't go to jail for the rest of their lives so of course get released back into society only to go kidnap and rape other two year old kids.

Maybe they should think about just locking them away forever. Why aren't they extending jail times to life at least? Punnishing them is not what society should be worried about.. making sure they can't offend again should be the priority.

[edit on 14-4-2008 by riley]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I’m all for CASTRATION! Cut it ALL OFF!

I mean, death is too good for these evil b*****d’s. (Obviously you cannot do this for women but I’m aiming it more at those men that think it’s OK to rape innocent children, boys, girls and women.)

I mean what could be the cruellest thing you could imagine doing to these sickos? Don’t you guys (men) think that this could be the worst thing that you could do, apart from the death penalty? They wouldn’t be able to rape anyone physically anymore. And here’s a plus! It would be FREE! All you need is a sharp knife. They don’t deserve pain medication/anaesthetic. Let them suffer…

I know I sound like a cruel, violent, and sick woman by mentioning this but those that do this to children are cruel, violent and sick, and who need to be locked up in a special mental institution for child rapists.

I would also like to mention Child Slavery… I don’t know if you all remember the story recently in the UK about the Romanian Child Slavery Bust up…. Click on the following link for the full story….

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The sad thing about this is that some of these children are actually sold by their parents to these people, the parents thinking that their child is going to a far better life in England but are persuaded into believing this by these people when in actual fact they are selling their children into Hell.

edited to fix spelling mistake

[edit on 14-4-2008 by misswanderer31]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I am against the death penalty. If they rule this as an option what will happen to those falsely imprisoned? There are already enough people on death row for crimes they didn't commit who have been released after DNA evidence proved they were innocent.

What will happen if an 18 year old is going out with a 17 year old and they have some sort of fight and the 17 year old claims rape? By law if the 18 year old is found guilty he/she will be put to death.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by CPYKOmega

I seriously doubt that they are suggesting that they will be applying the death penalty to stagetory rape. This is for the real rape cases.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by misswanderer31

And what about female child abusers? how can you `cut it off` with them? female child abuse is teh `silent crime` - similar to male victims of domestic violence - another rapidly climbing statistic.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
reply to post by misswanderer31

And what about female child abusers? how can you `cut it off` with them? female child abuse is teh `silent crime` - similar to male victims of domestic violence - another rapidly climbing statistic.

That is why I put in brackets this: (Obviously you cannot do this for women but I’m aiming it more at those men that think it’s OK to rape innocent children, boys, girls and women.)

Don't worry, I'm still thinking of a cruel and unusual punishment for women .

Unless anyone has any suggestions?

edited to add to thread

[edit on 14-4-2008 by misswanderer31]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
as i have stated in previous threads - i cannot conceive a punishment that is TOO ` cruel and unusual ` for child rapists

personally - i think that current execution methods are too dammed lenient for such people

you can only kill a man once - you can put him through a huge circular saw , slicing of a few milimeters with each pass hundreds of times

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I think we should kill them nice and slow. It should not be just for child rape, it should be any rape. They are taking every thing from these people they rape. The slower you kill them the better

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I have mixed emotions on the death penalty. Not for child molesters or murderers however but for anyone who might be wrongfully convicted of these crimes. There is no doubt in my mind that we have sent innocent people to death row. I'm sure the percentage is low but does that matter? We still killed an innocent person. In a perfect world were we could read minds and know guild beyond any doubts I would say kill the child rapist immediately. But in the world we live maybe life in prison without parole will have to due.

[edit on 14-4-2008 by zerotime]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I think the death penalty is best for these individuals. No torture. I don't want to be torturing innocent men, and until our justice system is foolproof there's always that possibility that you could be torturing an innocent man. I'd rather kill them and let the Gods sort out whether it was right or not to do so.

Bring back the guillotine, it's cheaper and despite how grotesque it may appear it's probably less inhumane than lethal injection.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
Does child rape really warrant the death penalty? Murderers haven't stopped killing people despite the use of the death penalty. Is this really going to deter people from raping children?

No. But it does prevent the same person from repeating the same crimes over and over again. And we all know that pedophiles are not ever cured.

I'm in favour of the death penalty when there is no doubt of guilt in cases such as this or murder.

apc

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I do not want the Government deciding if someone lives or dies based on whether or not little Jimmy pointed to the wrong place on a doll.

State death penalty is little more than organized mob lynching.

If you catch someone raping a kid, make sure they don't find the body. And if you go to trial, I hope I'm on that jury. I will not convict. But if the rapist winds up in a cell, that's where they should stay. Too many people are exonerated for rape, even child rape, years after their conviction. The first innocent with a needle in their arm makes us all murderers. We probably already are.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePiemaker

`innocent men` - and what of the women who commit these crimes?

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Harlequin. This is the third time you've made this point.. what point exactly are you trying to make? that this is sexist or something? If a woman rapes a kid she should get the same punnishment as a male rapist.

[edit on 14-4-2008 by riley]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I have an interesting tidbit from a TV show about this subject. I am marking this spot to show u later..

I'll brb.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

That IS the point - both men AND women can rape children - but so many posters automatically use the word `men` when talking about rape - there are many statistics about showing the gap between men and women who `rape` others is alot smaller than anyone dares admit.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

There will be very few women who will get harsh penalties for child rape. There's a difference between male rapists and female rapists that lies primarily in the body parts used. Raping a penis isn't nearly as violent as raping a vagina or anus.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join