It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foiled Terrorist Plot or Communist Propoganda?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by beijinghaidian

I have little trust in my present government and none in your government. I prefer to seek out the truth on my own. Could it be that any violence committed by Muslims is directed at only chinese occupation, similar to the Tibetan situation?

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
what do you mean"occupation"?which country are you from?let's look into your country's past first,i guess that could be easier,cause i m pretty sure that your country's history is much more brief.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
and how do you seek out your own truth?staying at home and fantacizing?i travel between china and other countries with my eyes and ears open ,and do the comparison to sift through the possible answers.how about yours?

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

Again, you are swarming ATS with your claims that everyone and everthing in China is being surpressed. Start doing your own research first before making imaginative assumptions:

look below which I wrote to you:

It took me only a few minutes only to google this group up and screened to a more neutral surce and post it here.

The East Turkestan Islamic Movement (ETIM)

Who are the Uighurs?

The Uighurs (pronounced WEE-guhrs) are an ethnic minority group numbering about 8 million. Their ethnicity, language, and culture is more similar to the Turkic peoples of neighboring Central Asian republics. Although the ETIM seeks to establish an independent Islamic regime, the majority of Uighurs are Sunni and do not support an Islamic state.

You can ALWAYS count on that at least 1 person want to have a seperate state, in your books it seems like these individuals are entitled to have there own ground then?

How about in Kosovo? With force Kosovo is now in a bigger mess than ever, why the 10% serbs in Kosovo can not seperate themselves from the Kosovan majority and be annexed back by Serbia? Are you going to fight for the human rights of these minority Serbs in Kosovo???

IF you are such a peace-loving human rights activist, start to make your actions universal and apply it to every single "abused surpressed minority group of people who want to seperate".

[edit on 13/4/08 by IchiNiSan]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IchiNiSan

I tend not to do research for others. Were you paying attention the the chronlogy and content of the posts? And your little article had already been posted by me earlier. Keep up. I doubt that you understand the content given you do not understand western political policy nor the minds of the west. I however see many human rights vilations and all the spin in the world won't change the fact that China is brutal to those that don't agree with her.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
go to any chinese websites or talk to any chinese people anywhere and ask their opinions about tibet and olympics to find the opinions of the majority of chinese people,as i reiterated many times,this whole event ,the whole western scheme in many chinese people mind,only made chinese people unpresedently united with the government.never before chinese people done anything with this great unity.this time the west really served the purpose of the chinese government,helpd china to rally 1.3billion chinese people,nobody can be more hilarious than chinese government now.

[edit on 14-4-2008 by beijinghaidian]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I am sure all chinese are proud of this.. video.google.com... And yes I think the chinese government is hillarious.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
i dont know wether american border patrol police would shoot those border trespassers or not,but i did hear some illegal immigrants lost their lives crossing american borders.any country may have border control laws of some sort,that
s a tragedy is for sure,but hopefully people who did illegally cross the borders would think twice before they do that,border control is certainly sovereign country's most sacred mission.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
anyway that is only one sided propaganda.it seems like most tibetan people like to flee china,that's a big lie,nearly 5 million tibentan people live in tibet,more than 3 times more than the time when dalai lama fled tibet.very few tibetan people took that journey.and as for the interview,chinese media also has many interview footage with tibetan people,they all blamed the riot,and cursed dalai lama.of cause that is also one sided report.

better do more research and study before jump the conclusion of what really happened.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Here is some more information on that border shooting of Tibetans. If that is not enough just say so. I'll be glad to post a few other resources for you. www.hrw.org... Perhaps china has some information..news, investigation..just so it's not so one sided.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I was under the impression that china was more maoist than communist - and even that has changed considerably.

And anyway, since when was communism a dirty word?

Because the US said so after WW2?

Because senator McCarthy said so?

Because Hoover said do?

I mean these guys were real paragons of virtue weren't they. (sarcasm)

Propaganda comes from all countries, all the time - is the US version of propaganda somehow more acceptable?

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Mao modeled his rule after that of Stalin. Given that communisim had been more defined by Lenin, Stalin saw to the needed revisions in order to have greater rule over the population. Lets face it many communist leaders have a penchant towards brutality. I do see the word as dirty considering the crimes of the more profiled communist leaders.

China is communist. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

The point is that communism in it's true form has never been practiced - only perverted versions of communism which were as far from the real thing as conservatism is from fascism.

So to call ANY country communist is simply wrong.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Given... they are perverted forms of communisn, Mao was communist, perverted twist I agree. Kim Jong il professed communist. Thanks to guys like this communisim has a new face in the minds of the world....right or wrong it is what it is.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
China is communist. en.wikipedia.org...

Communism cannot be reached. Its a goal or uptoia of the free society. Posting a Wikipedia link to the CCCP is NOT an argument

Communism in its purest form is absolute democracy. No governments but groups of traders trading goods. No country has ever reached the fall state of Communism which is not a system of government but a goal to reach of the equal society. What we have seen is Marxist-Lenism, Maoism or Stalinist which was implemented as different ways to get to communism and mixed nationalism and personalities with the idea that Karl Marx created. The reason why communism can never work is because of the flawed idea of selfishness and the human unable to reach that highly selfless moral attitude. For the state, for the better good is the motto not the individual like American ideas

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   

i eventually find that you are anti-communism honey.
so ,even if there really were a blast on plane and left a big necessities, you would still regard that tragedy as a propoganda. maybe you would think that was blown up by communist party intentionally.. how awesome your mentality is.. you should know more about China in this 21st century.

communism=evil, LOL, that is your simple logic. i beg you to show a better IQ level to make me respect you more, OK??

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
It has all to do with the red scare and McCarthyism. The mass media has a way of representing media with fear to get people onto their side. I think 27rd(?) in a discussion brought up that point about selling newspapers and the medias attempts to associate everything with fear. I doubt more than 1% of Americans even understand what communism is before their come up with sophisticated expressions as "commie bastards" "chicom". I find it very ignorant when I see someone call a country or government communist but you cant blame them because they have been programed like that to see and associate words with good or evil. Ronald Regans "evil" empire etc.

EDIT: Popular culture comes to mind. hating communism is almost like a instinct when it comes up in a discussion, I personally believe communism is a failed theory but dont like people associating things when they dont understand it which is blind hate. Yes communist governments did do bad "stuff" but so did Christian countries and yet they are not labeled in a similar fashion.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by chinawhite]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The article below proves that China doesn't just blame every terrorist act on seperatist so that it can "oppress" them as people in this thread claim. They even went as far as dismissing the notion they were behind the blast,

...Theres goes the argument that they "fabricate" the bomb threats

China dismisses Uighur claim over deadly bus attacks
BEIJING (AFP) - - Chinese authorities on Saturday denied claims by a Uighur separatist group that it was behind deadly bus bombings in two cities, state media reported.
ADVERTISEMENT

The group, which calls itself the Turkestan Islamic Party, claimed responsibility for a pair of bus blasts that killed two people Monday in southwest China, and said it would target the Beijing Olympics next month.

It made the comments in an online video statement transcribed by the Washington-based Intel Center.

China has previously said Muslim separatists in Xinjiang were planning attacks on the Olympics, a claim backed up by some security experts.

"There are a number of terrorist groups seeking to attack China at this point in time, but the group with the intentions and capability to mount attacks in China is ETIM," said Rohan Gunaratna, head of the Singapore-based International Centre for Political Violence and Terrorism Research.
sg.news.yahoo.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join