It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific Evidence Of Life On Mars!! Why is NASA Obfuscating The Truth?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Congratulations to MikeSingh !!!!

****NEW ATS CONSPIRACY MASTER****

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Personally I would have had the Rovers "Run with the Herd"

Mmm: it would be interesting to take a close look to that stuff

I would have landed one here

but i don't think it would be possible

There's an interesting paper, here:
www.geotimes.org...

Landing the Mars Exploration Rovers
Matthew P. Golombek, John A. Grant, Timothy J. Parker, Joy A. Crisp, Steven W. Squyres

The areas that satisfy the basic engineering requirements of the mission represent just 5 percent of the surface area of Mars and form the starting locations to begin identifying potential landing ellipses. This
first-round elimination of 95 percent of the planet results from three basic criteria: elevation, latitude and
surface dust.

The rovers will be powered by sunlight. This constraint eliminates most of the planet. The landing sites must be close to the equator — specifically, between 5 degrees north and 15 degrees south for the first Mars
Exploration Rover (MER-A), and between 10 degrees north and 10 degrees south for the second (MER-B).

(Operations and data return are dramatically improved if the two landing sites are separated by a minimum central angle of 37 degrees on the surface.)

Within this band, we considered elevation next. Mars has a kind of gravitational sea-level or geopotential surface — a geoid defined by the topography returned by the Mars Orbital Laser Altimeter and by the planet’s gravity. How far above or below this geoid a rover lands will determine, to first order, how much atmosphere is above it. The
lander needs enough atmosphere above it so that its parachute can bring the spacecraft to the correct terminal velocity and give the spacecraft enough time to measure its closing velocity, inflate the airbags and fire the solid rockets. Analysis of the entry, descent and landing system and atmospheric profiles for the season and time of arrival indicates that the MER spacecraft can land 1.3 kilometers below the geoid.

Full article here

There have been many limits, with both Spirit and Opportunity, in the choice of the landing sites.
Hopefully, that 5% will increase for the next missions.

Nasa's JPL in Pasadena tests their latest Mars rover prototype.

KNBC - Jinah Kim Reports
video.knbc.com...

The latest exploration vehicle was dubbed "Scarecrow" by the mobility team, because it was still without a brain, like the famous scarecrow from the "Wizard of Oz."
For the first time ever, Scarecrow went through its paces in front of a television crew Tuesday morning in the Mars Yard, a special area set up to simulate the actual surface of the Red Planet, complete with rocks, craters, mounds and hills.
According to KNBC's Jinah Kim, the Mars Yard is the last stop before rover prototypes are equipped to be sent into space.
Scarecrow is the prototype of a Mars rover that will be used in a 2009 mission to Mars, according to NASA.
Engineer Richard Rainen explained why the rovers need to be tested so thoroughly.
"We really can't control very well where we land and we may land on some hilly terrain. So we built this facility to basically test drive the vehicle, to make sure it doesn't do simple things like fall over when it goes up a hill ... The last thing we want is for it to drive off the edge of a crater and have the thing tumble and end up on its back," Rainen said.
The purpose of the next mission is to follow the evidence of water that has already been found on the surface of Mars, according to Rainen.
The rover will carry sensitive scientific instruments looking for traces of life, including a laser that can pulverize rock from 20 feet away.
The purpose of the laser is to allow the quick examination of a variety of rocks on the planet, according to Rainen.

www.knbc.com...

Canadian Mars rover Prototype

(Robot workshop at the Ontario Science Centre January 20, 2007).
www.ontariosciencecentre.ca...

MDA Secures Role On Preparations For European Mars Rover Mission

MDA will design a robotic chassis for the ExoMars rover,
and provide a prototype solution for testing at ESA in 2008.
www.marsdaily.com...

ExoMars

ExoMars is the first Aurora Flagship mission to be assessed. Its aim is to further characterise the biological environment on Mars in preparation for robotic missions and then human exploration. Data from the mission will also provide invaluable input for broader studies of exobiology - the search for life on other planets.

(Artist's impression of the ExoMars rover drilling into the Martian surface)
www.esa.int...
www.esa.int...

[edit on 6/4/2008 by internos]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
My favourite is this one which NASA is working on that could work really well in uneven territory. Or they could modify big dog maybe if they can get the power to weight ratios acceptable.

Oh boy this robot is awesome I found another one it manipulating tools.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by Shere Khaan]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by rikriley Hey Rik , I see it too ! That V shape is a little too perfect for a natural formation if you ask me . That little *CRITTER* is definetly right were you said it was and *IT* is sure taking a real hard look at the rover .

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
We will not find something serious untill we have people on the Mars, I think. But maybe NASA have found something and have told surtain important people who fund the missions, but have been told to hold back the information to the public. Or something like that!?!
Maybe they want to wait untill their man-mission to Mars is official.
I'm starting to wonder if that is what astronaut Christer Fuglesang gave hints about when he said humans will live on Mars in 25 years:
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

I mean why would an astronaut say we will go to Mars if life on Mars is impossible due to the radiation and climate??!?
Right?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by whitecastle

cant seem to find that thread do you have a link
well it would be obvious to land near the terrain mike posted pictures of why the h... didn't they! It is possible to do so

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Another well thought out, documented, and researched post from Mikesingh.
starred and flagged.

The color issue has been the topic of many threads here in the past, and I am still looking for other evidence there. Water does not equate to Sentient life, but it sure is a good start. It is posts like this that make up for some of the idiocy that has been showing up here lately, and the replies to this post, in general, have shown that most ATS members respect hard work and will respond in an intelligent and respectful way to them.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Viking animals.
Giant insects from Spirit.
Spirit Dome.
Viking Faces.
Opportunity 2004.
Viking animals close-up.
Spirit dragon face.
Larger than human skull.Spirit.
Spirit animal overturned on hill.
Humanoid looking at Spirit sundial
Same guy trying to figure out sundial.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Outlined wide body overturned animal,Spirit 2004.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
It appears that NASA have their very own customised version of Photoshop (see attached)

i277.photobucket.com...

Joking aside I think if the eggheads at NASA can land a probe on the surface of another planet, they could correctly recolour an image without just hitting the filter button or changing the hue.. there might be a less suspicious reason for it..although I can't think what that is at the moment

Excellent work Mike - always really enjoy reading your hardwork, thanks!

Berth

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Changing angles makes things suddenly appear more clearly. Rotation,Rotation,Rotation.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Clear view of Hellas Planitia

Part of understanding Mars is knowing about the cameras that are used to take pictures of it. I'm not going to teach you all that but this photo I post here is Thee must resent most clear image and a part of actualized color system that really works. (this is one of the five possible filters, blue, green, orange, red and infrared)

Photo is a section of MRO/MARCIA color camera, orange filter.
Photo cut from a very large image 3482_2253_MA_00N294W .
Data for this photo came from MRO Raw Data

Shows Hellas in the spring filled to the brim with love.

Note: Hellas is under the fog in the upper third of the photo.
What is clear is that it is not clear, is that clear?

Research at your own risk.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The system doesn't release any new discoveries to the public. Until they are sure they fit the current paradigm, which supports the current official
world view!

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by vze2xjjk

Hi vze2xjjk. You have some interesting pics there. Can you provide a link to the source images? Thanx.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by rikriley
In this Viking lander pic with the dusting of snow you will see half way up from bottom on the right edge of photo what at first glance appears to be a light tan colored angled rock. I have always said this is a craft of some kind a camouflaged craft made to look like a rock. You will see a small manufactured small tale to the left end on craft that comes to a perfect V on top of tale. Above that V you will see a perfect Sandmarie face with larger eyes nose and mouth. Sandmaries, tiny hybrid humanoid looking beings. Rik Riley

[edit on 5-4-2008 by rikriley]

That was a joke right? You're putting us on.. right?

Right?

If not (and I suspect it isn't), it is responses like this that make the average joe think this is all bunk and ATS is full of loonies.

I always ask myself.. are these people shills? People put here on ATS to obfusicate the truth and make others roll their eyes and decide not to persue it??

While many of us believe the possibility of life on Mars exists, we could really do without all the "I know what this rock really is" junk. If we just focused on real facts like the OP which points to the possibility (not Proof BTW) of life on mars, we'd go a hellofalot farther in getting the truth.

But as long as people continue posting garbage like this, we will always be stuck discussing it on a forum.

It hurts the cause.

Nasa isn't covering civilizations and spaceships up with false color pictures people. And other worldly craft wouldn't camouflage itself on it's own planet to look like a rock. I mean, really, how do you get on in life?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Balez
Very nice Mike, S&F!

It's interesting about Mars, there is alot of controversy also.
What could possibly NASA gain from hiding what they find?
Who have told them to hide what they find?
What are they hiding?

nasa is the biggest scam ever; we have flying soccers beam weapon mind control devices and yet we are mislead to believe shuttle space ship is the high tech future;mainstream science and religion was invented to keep us in check and not to let us go outside the allan belt where we would be shooting at anything that moves ; our war attitude is that of animals that is why we wont be aloud to join our space brothers

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SHADOW WALKER
reply to post by rikriley Hey Rik , I see it too ! That V shape is a little too perfect for a natural formation if you ask me . That little *CRITTER* is definetly right were you said it was and *IT* is sure taking a real hard look at the rover .

Congratulations SHADOW WALKER you have past the test, many think I am crazy when I point out anomalies on Mars that they can not see. Keep searching because Mars is a store house of abundant lifeforms that a few can see with their on eyes from ground zero photos. By the way to set the record straight this photo was taken by the Viking 2 lander in an area called Utopia Planitia.

You will see what I call and describe as holograms from many of the Mars satellite mission photos. Some are very faint and some are in great detail that pop right out at you like seeing in 3D. Many of the statues and hologramed statues on Mars are in such detail design it is absolutely scary. The Martonians, humanoid lifeforms on Mars, use many of the letters of our alphabet as well as our numbering system with different variations. You see the elaborate designs on the headdresses of the holographic and physical statues with letters, numbers, symbols, jewelery and emblems.

One of the emblems that the Martonians use is the pyramid with a snake body coming off the right surface angle south of a particular pyramid. Yes Mars is loaded with snakes and you can take that to the bank. Keep up the good work of scanning and in search of the truth. Rik Riley

[edit on 6-4-2008 by rikriley]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Congratulations Mike on obtaining the well earned rank of Conspiracy Master!!!

Great thread too! Very interesting. I've heard this Viking info spoken about a few times before on C2C etc - but never really had the information laid out in the way you have.

I kind of disagree with the view that Cosmic Rays & Solar Radiation would kill all micro biological life on Mars.

I once read that people still get sick from salmonella (food poisoning) etc after eating microwaved food because the microwaves tend to miss most of the bad guys due to their small size. The dispersion of the waves is much larger leaving big areas where the germs remain mostly untouched. Sort of like dodging rain drops. I've also read that lifeforms as large as the average ant can survive this barrage of microwaves virtually untouched too.

Call me crazy but it kind of makes me think - though I'm NO scientist - that something similar could happen on Mars.

Anyway, that's my 2 pennies worth. You can all laugh now

[edit on 6/4/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
After some searches (this was a subject with which I was not that well documented), I found that even Dr. Levin was not sure about the results, saying that they could be the result of biologic activity but that they could also be the result of chemical reactions, and because he could not know for sure he could not say for sure if there was life on Mars.

To me, that does not show any kind of stonewalling by NASA or anyone else, just not enough certainty about the results.

Since then, Dr. Levin made more experiments to try to replicate the results on Earth by chemical means. If he succeeded in that then it would be a stronger case for the chemical reaction, but apparently he did not, so, and based in unrelated data he thinks that there is really life on Mars.

The problem is that nobody can have more data unless they have access to more Mars soil, and that is not possible at the moment.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Microwaves are much different from ultraviolet radiation, one of the "killers" proposed.

Microwaves have wavelengths between 1 millimetre and 1 metre, ultraviolet radiation has a wavelength between 400 nanometres and 10 nanometres.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join