It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific Evidence Of Life On Mars!! Why is NASA Obfuscating The Truth?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Wow Mike! That, like everything you have done is very well researched and well put together. I think you deserve a new title on the forums. Say... Research Gawd!

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Dr.Seth Schostack who is a scientist with SETI made a good point that they work closely with NASA and have seen no evidence of information withholding from NASA. So what does NASA have to gain from keeping this information secret?

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Great post Mike. Thanks so much.

To the person about the color. Just find out the correct colors for the targets in the image and you can adjust it correctly. I'd convert to a CMYK image and use the channel mixer to get a good approximation. To get it perfect you would have to have more information though. If you use the target you will get an idea but it won't tell you what it looks like in the ambient light on Mars only what it looks like in white light.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

mikesingh does it agin folks! I can say alot of us here can learn a thing or two about how to make a post, and make that post count!
He has always provided facts, pictures, and something to back up his claim!
While the whole time I have already known much about what he is laying out for us here.. ITs nice to have the evidence to back up ones claims!

Agin much respect for you Mike! You bring much to the table here! And seriously think you are going to be the next conspiracy Master here on ATS! Good work!
And keep it up

You are making some good progress getting those who doubt all this to take another look.
If not anything, if one doesnt feel this adds up, atleast this helps you take a look, and re-think where you stand on all this.

NASA has many reasons to lie to us. As Mike points out in many of his other threads. And dropping hints and clues for us all to follow here.
I can admire anyone who puts this effort forth. I mean he isnt getting paided, and is here of his free will to help us understand.
Good looking out and keep us posted on any new finds you will come across.. You make us proud Mike

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Great post Mike. Thanks so much.

To the person about the color. Just find out the correct colors for the targets in the image and you can adjust it correctly. I'd convert to a CMYK image and use the channel mixer to get a good approximation. To get it perfect you would have to have more information though. If you use the target you will get an idea but it won't tell you what it looks like in the ambient light on Mars only what it looks like in white light.

This will just convert the colors to something more like what you would see on Earth, which has a blue sky. Mars does not have a blue sky. On Mars, everything would seem to have more red and less blue in it. Feel free to adjust the colors so that everything appears as it would on Earth, but just remember what you're doing. That isn't actually how things would look on Mars.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeroeffect
Dr.Seth Schostack who is a scientist with SETI made a good point that they work closely with NASA and have seen no evidence of information withholding from NASA. So what does NASA have to gain from keeping this information secret?

Individually, how about their jobs and lives...

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Tremendous work, as usual! S,F&D

About the color issue, I don't pretend to know anything about image adjusting, but is it possible to use the red, white and blue flag on the lander as a sort of guide to get the colors re-set?
Also, is it known for sure that the frost we're seeing isn't salt from a dried sea-bed?

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I am certainly not an expert, but I think there are some flaws in your reasoning.

First of all, the Martian surface can certainly get warm enough for us to assume that ice would melt into water. However, Mars' atmosphere is somewhere around 1/100 of our own. Look at some steam tables and you'll see that the vapor pressure of water, even just above freezing, is quite large. Even the vapor pressure of ice at that pressure is certainly not negligible. In other words, it is a correct statement to say that liquid water does exist on Mars, but only as an extremely short-lived intermediate between the solid phase and vapor phase...for all intents and purposes, it does NOT exist in any environment we have found on Mars. The enthalpic change of melting would guarantee that the water would have continued on into the vapor dome before the smallest droplet could collect.
Water does still move around the planet and have a large influence in shaping the terrain, but ONLY in the form of ice and vapor.

For another point, I know that all of our tests and measurements have confirmed that the soil is both magnetic (mostly from high iron content, as well as nickel and cobalt) and contains a fair amount of peroxides (which would react immediately with liquid water anyways to give off oxygen). If anything, these two characteristics would reinforce each other. Fe3O4, or hematite, which is the oxide of iron in the highest reasonably-seen oxidation state, is the most magnetic of the oxide/hydroxides, if I remember correctly. So I'm not sure why you say that intrinsic magnetism and an oxidizing environment are mutually exclusive?

Its not that I don't believe in the possibility of life existing now or having existed in the past (Mars probably used to have liquid water all over the place). But it seems like, except for a couple microscopic fossils that resemble the basic shape of a microorganism, there is zero actual evidence pointing towards life.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Even nasa can't hide the truth forever.Why do a dis-service to Dr Levin by negating his findings? Political or military,or technology gains? Makes no sense. It will only backfire later when you lie about life on Mars and get deeper into the big lie. I sent Dr . Levin my Mars pics of live beings from the rovers years ago,and a new crop more recently.He's definitely got my support.Oh did I mention I sent him images of the live beings from the Viking Landers? I also apologized for my lateness.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neiby
On Mars, everything would seem to have more red and less blue in it.

Feel free to adjust the colors so that everything appears as it would on Earth, but just remember what you're doing. That isn't actually how things would look on Mars.

So why does Mars have to look red? One explanation is that the planet's soil is rich in iron oxide, but there's much debate as to why the mineral is so ubiquitous in the Martian environment.

That said, why does the sky have a reddish tinge? Probably due to dust storms? Whatever the reasons I've trotted out, take a look at the screen behind the speakers at a symposium at JPL after the Rover's success. Check out the colors in one of the first pics taken by it on Mars. And what you see below this is NASA's current version of the same image!

Courtesy: curiousconspiracy

So what's up with NASA? Why are they screwing around with the pictures? Because they want to show Mars as a desolate red desert-scape devoid of any moisture and therefore any probability of life! Q.E.D.

[edit on 5-4-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
NASA gains billions of dollars from producing results that show the Mars Missions were worthwhile and that further missions are justified.

It's more likely NASA would imply the existence of life of Mars when the results are inconclusive, than hide them

Some people are so paranoid as to be blind to reality .......

However, unlike some folk on ATS, they don't want to make fools of themselves by announcing something before they are are sure it's true

You can encourage disinformation, or encourage knowledge. But I guess some people prefer the possible to the real .....

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
btw how many of us have been to Mars to know what colour the sky should look like? Presumably a few, given some of the comments here?

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
great job mike!

don't forget about this proof of NASA's color tampering-

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Some believe knowledge (truth) is found external to self. Some believe all knowledge (truth) comes from within. The five physical senses and instruments only perceive a fraction of reality so is it possible to know truth? Even the most intelligent minds can be wrong. I don't believe we understand life or reality here on Earth let alone seeking the existence of life elsewhere. I would guess that any intelligent life outside of earth would want to stay hidden from from us until we learn a few things like living together in peace and living in balance and respect towards our planet.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ajapocalypse

to be brutally blunt

if that is your ` proof ` you need help

look at the picture you posted carefully the mars and earth pics that you claim are the same are totally different units

look at the surround and the green on earth - and compare them to the mars pic

specifications change - this may suprise you - but they do

you are claiming a conspiracy by " comparing " 2 totally different units

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Less than 12 hours, over 85 flags, 90 stars, and yet it is NOT EVEN ON THE THIRD PAGE OF DISCUSSION YET.

I swear, this seems a bit fishy to me. It's one thing if the thread was an explosion, then I can understand it, but if there are SO MANY PEOPLE who have enjoyed the thread enough to star and flag it, why haven't they all commented on it to give props to the OP? Seriously guys, if you love this topic so much, don't just star and flag it, put in some input! Otherwise, people might start thinking this is some sort of conspiracy...

To comment on the topic at hand, the piece of data that interests me the most is the frost. If that picture is real, then that proves without a shadow of a doubt that life exists on Mars, whether it be advanced or not.

[edit on 4/5/2008 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Very nice Mike, S&F!

It's interesting about Mars, there is alot of controversy also.
What could possibly NASA gain from hiding what they find?
Who have told them to hide what they find?
What are they hiding?

As one poster said, NASA would probably gain more fundings if they would show everything they find, and there by saying that NASA have not found anything in particular.
Not sure i can agree to something like that, since we hardly know what the 'bigger' picture is, or if there is a bigger picture.

I think the bigger 'picture' is alot more scary than we want to know

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

In what way does frost prove life? That literally makes no sense whatsoever.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ajapocalypse

Although maybe off-topic, I would like to say that the photo with the red patch in the place of the blue patch is most probably the result of not using images from the correct filters.

Mars rovers have two panoramic camera each, each camera has 7 different filters for different wavelengths.

All photos from the rovers are grayscale, to create a colour image we must add three images from the red, the green and the blue filters. But if we use images from the infrared, for example, instead of the red, the result will look completely different.

Edited to add the images.

Image created with near infrared, green and blue filters.

Image created with red, green and blue filters.

[edit on 5/4/2008 by ArMaP]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Amazing pictures indeed! and yes like you all mentioned Mike is very educated creating these amazing topics. Mike what do you do for living? (you dont have to answer it) meanwhile I would mention that the tampering with the photos is obvious a strategic way to make the planet seemed dead! why else would they do it?????

Keep up the good work!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join