It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salyut 6 UFO Sighting..interesting indeed

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

No i believe someone came in here stating that they have the email of a person that is "in the know" i guess you could put it and nothing has happend since...seems we have hit a wall so to speak, but id love to rip that wall right apart if we could....

Skept!cal

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Skept!cal, check your u2u.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by yeebsy

Thanks again..I have emailed him and hopefully he will join our disscussion or he will email me back w/ more information...cross your fingers hopefully he will reply back soon

Skept!cal

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by vance
reply to post by riotact1

Right there is a 'smoking gun' as you folks like to call it. An article likes to
lend credibility to it's self by eluding to a video that it can't produce. The only 'smoking gun' is this is a story about a hoax. And qouting 'sources'
from the likes of 'pravda' and 'wiki' only lend credibility to me and my above propossed theory.
Thanks,

Vance

When I first learned for that incident not just wiki but even the internet didn't exist.
Don't try to make it sound like something out of some internet conspiracy forum because it is not.
That was a bump for denying ignorance.

[edit on 16-9-2008 by spacebot]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Awesome thread OP and great convo thanks to spacebot and others.

my two cents on the incident. As INFARED man knows, i like to compare and contrast many of the incidences to see if puzzle pieces may fit together, and here's what i came up with.

Based on the behavior of the beings in question, it is from the account of billy meier (regardless of weather or not he's credible) states that telepathic beings seem to be in a trance like state due to their incredible attunement to nature and the telepathic harmony they live in. im assuming the observations from the causmonauts was relative to the fact that these beings are more mental than physical.so body language may come off a bit "alien" no pun intended.

secondly would be from Jim sparks accounts (regardless of his credibilty) states that in space ships are all able to telepathically transmit their reason for being near earth so if a ship is an abduction based ship,or a seed sampler ship, or a cattle mutilation ship whatever it transmits its purpose and usually the other ship will go about its business. this is a common rule based on jim.. my assumption that the ship would leave and come back about 6 times, was to check over and over again if the telepathy was not being transmitted by the causmonauts (which it wouldnt be based on human understanding)

thirdly, based on the dorothy izatt photos where she captures 3 beings in their window,shows one which looks like its holding a clip board of some type 'possibly a star map'

yes my left field deductions are probaly not in any way related but hey, it was worth a shot.

LASTLY, i realized, maybe its common for ships to check eachother out in space, assuming there are other races out there now, im sure they all like to peep on eachother.

[edit on 9/16/2008 by LordThumbs]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
While watching the youtube video linked in another thread, I was reminded by this thread.

Here's the video

I'm bumping this thread to see if anyone knows more about Salyut-6 alien contact. I really want that Salyut-6 video be brought out into light. That would be one giant smoking gun.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
is that MIR its showing...just trying to get a grasp on what that is....seems to me the footage is being shown from inside Houstons main comm center...could be wrong though

Good Day
Skept!cal

p.s. keep up the good work...this is the most intriging cases in my honest opinnon....

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by skept!cal
now my understanding from reading the info which i have is that this took place in 1981, but i just found another article that says something about 1979? So is there 2 different sightings from Salyut 6? heres the article if someone knows and could share a lil info that would be great

Cosmonaut Victor Afanasyev
"It followed us during half of our orbit.---
Afanasyev commenting on a UFO sighting that occurred while en route to the Solyut 6 space station in April of 1979.

Did anybody find this following datum?

www.spacefacts.de...

Colonel, Russian Air Force; Graduated from Kachynskoye Military Pilot School in 1970 and the Ordzhonikidze Aviation Institute, Moscow, in 1980; test pilot; was selected on 02.09.1985 from GKNII-2 for Buran-flights; 1988 TsPK-9; OKP (cosmonaut basic training): 11/85 - 12/87

No. Mission Job Time Duration
1 Soyuz TM-11 / MIR-8
Commander 02.12.1990 - 26.05.1991 175d 01h 50m
2 Soyuz TM-18 / MIR-15
Commander 08.01.1994 - 09.07.1994 182d 00h 27m
3 Soyuz TM-29 / MIR-27
Commander 20.02.1999 - 28.08.1999 188d 20h 17m
4 Soyuz TM-33 / Soyuz TM-32
Commander 21.10.2001 - 31.10.2001 9d 19h 59m

Seems to me, the official record claims Afanasyev NEVER flew to the Salyut-6, and wasn't even a cosmonaut during that period. Could he have been on some secret space team, and had his records changed after the UFO encounter?

Or is there some other explanation?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Seems to me, the official record claims Afanasyev NEVER flew to the Salyut-6, and wasn't even a cosmonaut during that period. Could he have been on some secret space team, and had his records changed after the UFO encounter?

Or is there some other explanation?

I guess there is no other explanation except that the original report at the top of the thread was made-up bogosity, and nobody wants to defend it any more. OK with me.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
JimOberg This is the sighting the thread is referring to:

Between May 14 and May 18, 1981, cosmonauts Vladimir Kovalyonok and Viktor Savinykh supposedly established a contact with an object of unknown origin while working at the Salyut 6 orbital station.

More precisely a 45 minutes footage which one of the onboard astronauts Vladimir Kovalyonok has filmed about the sighting.
IMO believe it has not seen the light of day yet neither anything similar might have been converted to a digital format yet.
I do hope they know where it is, whoever are in charge of it and not let it get lost or get destroyed by negligence.

And a note to whoever created the wiki page (which was the initial reference for this thread):

This article or section has multiple issues. Please help improve the article or discuss these issues on the talk page. * It needs additional references or sources for verification. Tagged since March 2009. * It resembles a fan site. Tagged since March 2009. * It describes a work or element of fiction in a primarily in-universe style that may require cleanup. Tagged since March 2009. * It is in need of attention from an expert on the subject. may be able to help recruit one. Tagged since March 2009.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 10-6-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
The Afanasyev story led the thread, and I posted documented evidence about his career that made the story factually impossible. Can anyone explain why people STILL want to believe it?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Sorry but the actual rumors about the sighting, some articles some of us had read in paranormal magazines and the wiki is what inspired the thread from what I can tell.
What does any Afanasiyev has to do with this?

en.wikipedia.org...

Ctrl+F in the above link which is the original wiki the thread is dealing about, will you find any Afanasiyev in there? I didn't.
Also I don't think anyone is "believing" anything. If personally believed in something I wouldn't post on a thread about it. We research about things that interest us.
Does a doctor "believe" in the symptoms he is able to cure, while he is checking out his patients? No. He just has knowledge about them, which also sometimes can be vague if it is about a new symptom and also does research for them.
Anything out of normality needs to be checked out the same way. Clearly something is happening and we need to look for it to find answers. Also there can be no "Why" you do this. We simply do it because we like it.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
*necro-posting/bump*

I found this story yesterday and was completely flabbergasted. And then even more so by the research people on here have done. Excellent work, all!!

A couple of thoughts, sometimes repeating things from above, but I figured it was easier to do it thusly.

First, it seems there are two reports. The Earlier Event, which seems to be more straightforward, can be found here: www.ufoevidence.org...

The gist of this is that the cosmonauts saw something weird, it appeared to explode, they didn't have time to take a photo. This is reported to have happened on May 5th, 1981. This is where the drawing comes from (see link). Original story looks to have been published by Pravda (www.pravda.ru...).

We then have the Later Event report, claimed to have occurred between May 14th and May 18th, 1981. I think this second set of events is likely an elaboration/fabrication on the first, documented event, for several reasons.

First, as yeebsy pointed out above, two other cosmonauts were on board Salyut-6 during the time period of the Later Event. Why no mention of them in the article from Brazialian Ufologia (full text here: tr.im...)? Seems odd that neither of these other cosmonauts, who surely would have witnessed the events, would be mentioned. Oddly, the article says "three cosmonauts," but then goes on to speak as if there were only two, despite the fact that there were actually four on board...

Second, when we compare the sketch drawn by Kovalyonok (at the ufoevidence URL above) and the description in the Later Event, we find no match at all. Kovalyonok's drawing shows an elongated, mushroom-shaped UFO. No indication of windows (well, maybe one; I'm having a Russian friend translate the text on that image, and will post here when I have it), it's not round, etc.

Third, the Ufologia article says that the story was broken by the magazine Manchete. I have been able to determine (from articles cited in other places) that Manchete was published as early as 1979, and as late as 1994. However, the Ufologia article says that, in Manchete the words were "in a relatively minor position on the inside left-hand corner of the cover." It isn't clear if this is referring to a table of contents, or the article itself. If it IS referring to the article itself, it was obviously a rather small blurb, likely similar to the account of the Earlier Event published by Pravda. So, where does Ufologia get all of that extra information?

Given that the report of the Later Event seems to be fabricated, or at least exaggerated, I've been trying to nit-pick the article and see if I can find other possible problems with the account. To that end:

Binoculars (which one might not predict would be carried into space) were indeed aboard Salyut-6 ( tr.im...).

It seems a "high-potency light source" was used for signaling, presumable a flashlight. Anyone know if these get/got taken on missions?

Finally, the "celestial map:" "two of the aliens did exactly the same thing, opening a map so that Kovalyonok could clearly perceive out [sic] solar system in the upper right-hand corner." I find this hard to believe. A map of stars is, after all, a map with tons and tons of dots. Further, our (human) star maps don't usually include the Sun on them, but rather portray the stars as they are viewed from Earth. It is probable that other alien civilizations would do the same. So, from 30 meters, through binoculars, on a map based from an alien star, we are asked to believe that Kovalyonok was able to pick out our Sun? Honestly, I find this the hardest part of the article to believe. That is a truly amazing ability in both vision and in mental prowess!!

So, in short, I think the purported video would indeed be a "smoking gun," but I doubt it exists, since I can't find anything to corroborate the account.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
My Russian friend was quick!

The words on the image at www.ufoevidence.org... are, in her words:

It says "bright golden flames" in circles on the both left and right sides, "sphere" in parentheses, and "white smoke" under the circles. There is also some abbreviation (numbers?) under the scribbly line and the "N.P." abbreviation in the upper right corner, but I can't make sense of them.

So, seems that this image is representing both the pre- and post-explosion versions of object, neither of which is a very good match for the description in the Ufologia article...

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Hello!

In the relevant page with a perceived 3D model of the Salyut 6 sighting you can observe the possible outline of that craft, as long with the IMO exceptional similarity with the craft that was shadowing the US Apollo 11 mission as described by B.Aldrin AND also caught on camera. Descriptions of the craft are different because, as it was stated from people that either researched or participated those incidents in documentaries you can visit through relevant links presented in this thread, one account was describing the whole craft and another account was describing a part of the craft which would detach and become autonomous. In one account the Salyut 6 incident craft seems nearly identical with what the Apollo 11 mission recorded.

Imagine if it is indeed the same craft and that the US historical mission had captured the outline and the CCCP mission had captured the actual inhabitants physiology.

About the part that Kovalyonok recognized our Solar system from an entire galactic map shown to him by the Aliens.

en.wikipedia.org...

As the beings seemed to be friendly, the cosmonauts requested permission from Earth to try some visual and physical contact. The first was cleared, but the second was denied. So, Kovalyonok grabbed and opened a map of the universe to the beings. They answered and opened theirs, which was much more precise and complete. They pointed to the Solar System inside the Milky Way. Kovalyonok then made a positive sign with his hand. The being answered with the same gesture, and then the space ship went away very fast, but soon it was back. They repeated the action six times in all, with no clear reason.

There is no account of Kovalyonok mentioning that he actually saw Our Solar System in the map. The story from what few parts are available to the public mentions hat Kovalyonok seemed that he has recognized the general direction or quadrant that our Solar System should be inside the Milky way, which has a distinctive shape identified as a Barred Spiral Galaxy. Probably in the same context and vague detail, aliens showed their own general position of their Solar System inside Milky Way and relative to the position that our Solar System resides.
From that detail I have to interpret that the aliens Solar System was probably more than 10.000 light years away, since our galaxy spans in the diameter of 100.000 light years. There is no detail of how big was this map. If he could make out at least two different positions in what ever he was shown, then I would not be surprised if the Aliens Solar System from what he tells us, was at the other side of our Galaxy, which means probably at least 50.000 light years away and yet these beings somehow had the capabilities and have traveled or even explored all this distance and found us. This is by itself amazing if these accounts are true.
This map by Kovalyonok's account was also "was much more precise and complete". Could an 1981 astronaut determine that another galactic map of our own Galaxy could be more precise and complete? Probably yes, since these people also have to deal and study data that is not available in much detail to the public, or are still used in an experimental or a theoretical state. So, according to whatever he until then had knowledge of what our galaxy could be, this one map looked more precise and complete to him/the mission astronauts.

I don't know why there is no mention about the other two cosmonauts of activity on that mission, relative to the Alien encounter, although I can expect that their participation was probably left out because active part for communicating with these beings was taken probably only by the two mentioned cosmonauts, OR those are just the details that have been leaked publicly.

It is by no means a complete account of events and is probably still being considered as a Top Secret by the relevant Government and Space authorities.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by olegkvasha
Whilst looking for the video/images came across this article about it:

May 14, 1981; in space, from onboard the Soyuz T-4 spacecraft

Cosmonauts Savinikh and Kovlenok observed a strange object from their space station. At first the object was 1/2 mile away but it eventually approached to a distance to 300 feet. Inside the cosmonauts saw three brown skin beings with slanted bright blue eyes. straight noses and bushy eyebrows. At a distance of 100 feet, the witnesses thought that the beings resembled mechanical robots. The beings facial expressions remained quite emotionless. The beings onboard the object requested close contact with the Soviet craft but this request was denied. Their craft shifted around erratically and from time to time it would vanish, but then reappear in an instant. Their craft seemed to be metallic, but it had no doors no solar batteries, no optical systems, no antennae and no marks or writing of any kind, it was spherical with eight windows and 16 other strange transparent illuminated spheres arranged throughout the hull. The cosmonauts also noticed quite normal looking armchairs, some devices, and walls inside the craft. Using a pair of powerful binoculars the cosmonauts saw the beings showing them what appeared to have been a star map. (HC addition # 3252, Source: Paul Stonehill, The Soviet UFO Files)

Source

Seems they saw more than just the shape

/rich

[edit on 4-4-2008 by olegkvasha]

Yup the 1st time I heard about this story was in Richard Dolan's new book UFO's and the National Security State. Those Russians must have been sh**ing there pants seeing 3 brown people with "Blue eyes straight noses and Bushy Eyebrows" and they looked like robots??! WTF?! You wonder if any US Space Cadets has ever seen something this "up close". Supposedly there is Video of this event but good luck ever seeing it..

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by spacebot

Just checking in
I will look at this closer tonight. Thanks for pointing me here

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by skept!cal[/i
Here is some information regaurding the incident, maybe we can find more
en.wikipedia.org...

One thing I HATE about wikipedia.... they keep deleting articles

This page has been deleted. The deletion and move log for the page are provided below for reference. * 00:37, 27 February 2010 Arbitrarily0 (talk | contribs) deleted
"Salyut UFO sighting" ‎ (Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Salyut UFO sighting)
* 15:35, 19 August 2009 ThaddeusB (talk | contribs) restored "Salyut UFO sighting" ‎ (15 revisions restored: prod contested after deletion)
* 19:13, 18 August 2009 Nihiltres (talk | contribs) deleted "Salyut UFO sighting" ‎ (Expired PROD, concern was: Orphan article, and lacks neutral, reliable, verifiable sources by Wikipedia's criteria. Referred sites are down and known to be biased.)

And they have the nerve to ask for MONEY?

edit on 12-11-2010 by zorgon because: Classified

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
The Afanasyev story led the thread, and I posted documented evidence about his career that made the story factually impossible. Can anyone explain why people STILL want to believe it?

OH!!! Me!!! Lemme take a stab at that...

This one is a killer... your gonna love it. Why it even has YOU in it...

Space Engineer?

Well.. at least your true to form talking about "space debris"

But somehow I don't think what Cosmonaut Victor Afanasyev saw in April 1979 was 'space debris

What he saw was THIS...

Now since you are in that video... I am surprised (errr well not really
) that you didn't point us to it

What is REALLY fascinating is what Dr Story Musgrave adds

I LOVE the part where he mentions the SNAKE that follows them, protein chains and single cell organisms, (Critters perhaps?
)

Then after he says he has seen nothing

PRICELESS video

OH! And you could smile more

edit on 13-11-2010 by zorgon because: Classified

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
As to the 1981 Salyut 6 incidence..

The contact with the Aliens is mentioned by NICAP
May 14, 1981; in space, from onboard the Soyuz T-4 spacecraft - NICAP listing
www.nicap.org...

And there is a great PDF