It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salyut 6 UFO Sighting..interesting indeed

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

Scram awesome man...sucks to think that that single peice of evidence could really blow the lid off of this and its just once again sitting in "secret vault or other" in a place which will always keep us wondering what really happend up there on that particular day...anyhoo thanks again man for trying star for ya man!

Good Day
Skept!cal

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

well done scram it is great that you went the extra mile.

Makes you think though doesn't, Hollywood could not get it, nonetheless you get the star.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
And here is a star from me too scramjet.

A very good contribution!

I hope the people who might know the whereabouts of this footage realize that CGI technology is making quantum leaps, and if someone from the Russian side wants to make a contribution in explaining the UFO phenomenon must hurry, because after some time, everyone will be dismissing every original evidence as being of CGI origins. Anyhow any kind of disclosure must happen sooner than later because of the above reasons stated.

I fail to comprehend the politics involved if any parties consider controlled disclosure or not. The real issue here is a chance to get a glimpse in space politics, since in my opinion, and in my claim I presented the possibility that this type of origin of craft, since the similarities are amazing has both stalked the first human US mission to the Moon and later at least one Russian space project. This makes those species or mechanical mediums (as described in the Russian accounts) or whatever they are a likely candidate for a single party interested in the whole of the human project of going to the stars.
This idea should not be something to be taken lightly, since we may have the very first verifiable identity of a candidate that took an interest in our space exploration efforts in our modern times.
The very first chance to explore and identify a likely web of possibly true interstellar politics around us.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Thanks guys. Unfortuantely we seem to have come to a black vault road block. I have not read that book Mysterious Sky, maybe I should give it a look. Very interesting and unusual event nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Great find for sure.

Reading this account reminded me of a couple incidents (in 1984 & 1991)of a flying sphere coming in to check out what our boys in NASA were doing up close.

Can this be what the Russians witnessed?

Check these out:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

What footage is that?!?! That cant be real is it? Ive never seen that before at all if that is real that is some awesome stuff...great find and a star from me...is there alot of info about that particular incident? Thanks for bringing that to my attention

Good Day
Skeptical

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
The Russians are way more open about what their cosmonauts see, but cuz they are not American reports, then it's a Russian who probably is doing his "drinking" thing.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by secretnasaman

Wait whaaaa??? explain that one again please

Good Day
Skept!cal

[edit on 15-7-2008 by skept!cal]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Yes, further clarification, please? Are you saying that we are so ignorant to assume if it is not an "American" report that we would write if off as not worthy? If so, I have several real zingers for follow-up questions.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
On the PBS show, the Mclaughland or whatever "group", the usual suspects were asked what they thought about the Mexican Military sighting and gov't gun camera video of the Infrared objects they were chasing.(highly viewed YouTube video) The panel concluded that you cann't trust Mexican Gov't reports, and it would have to be an American Military film for them to even consider the possibility of UFOs!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

im more or less perplexed by your drinking comment? What did that have to do w/ anything...just wondering

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by skept!cal

Hey skeptical,

There's not a whole lot of info out there (that I could find)about what these objects were. Explanations I've seen so far: fake, water droplet, condensation, debris being moved by propulsion, ice, etc etc...

The 1991 video (sts-37)is pretty interesting. Here's an explanation about that video:
In April 1991 the Space Shuttle Atlantis recorded this video of an unidentified object in relatively close proximity to the spacecraft. NASA speculated that the object may have been a block of ice, but to date no convincing explanation has been offered.

Taken from the link below. There's an even better version of that video there. Check it out.

www.space-video.info...

Cheers.
PE

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
It appears there were more people on board as the Soyuz T-4 arrived March 12, 1981 Vladimir V. Kovalyonok, Commander Viktor P. Savinykh, Flight Engineer

Soyuz 39 March 22, 1981 Vladimir A. Dzhanibekov, Commander Jugderdemidiyn Gurragcha,

Soyuz 40 May 14, 1981 Leonid I. Popov, Commander Dumitru Prunariu, 7 days, 20 hours (Romania) InterCosmos

I looked into Dumitru-Dorin Prunariu who became the first Romanian in space when he flew aboard Soyuz 40 and space laboratory "Salyut 6", 14 to 22 May, 1981.

Since then this guys career has taken off (no pun intended)

* 1976-1977 - Diplomatic Engineer at IAR, Ghimbav, Conty of Brasov, an aircraft industry facility
* 1977 - Enrolled in the Romanian Air Force Officers Training School, Bacau
* since 1978 - active officer at the Ministry of National Defense
* 1978-1981 - Selected for space flight training on March 1, 1978 as a part of the Intercosmos Program. Obtaining the maximum marks during three years of preparation, he was selected for a joint space flight with Cosmonaut Leonid Popov
* 1981 - became the first Romanian in space when he flew aboard Soyuz 40 and space laboratory "Saliut 6" since 14 to 22 May, 1981. The crew spent 7 days, 20 hours, 41 minutes and 52 seconds in space aboard the Salyut 6 space station, completing scientific experiments in the fields of astrophysics, space radiation, space technologies, space medicine and biology.
* 1981-1989 - chief inspector for airspace activities in the Romanian Air Force and instructor at the Polytechnic University in the Aerospace Engineering Department, where he taught the theory of space flight
* January 1990-1991 - Undersecretary of State and chief of the Romanian Civil Aviation Department, Ministry of Transportation
* 1991-1998 - chief inspector for aerospace activities, General Staff of the Aviation and Air Defense
* 1992-1995 - secretary of the Romanian Space Agency
* since 1993 - permanent representative of the Association of the Outer Space Explorers at the UN Committee on the Peaceful Exploration of the Outer Space
* 1995-1998 - Member of the Council of Administration of the Romanian Space Agency
* since 1995 - vicepresident of the EURISC Foundation - the European Institute for Risk Management, Security and Communicatioin
* 1995-2001 - Member of the Executive Committee of the Association of Outer Space Explorers (2 mandates)
* 1996-1999 = President of the Committee of International Policies and relations, Association of Outer Space Explorers
* since 1998 - President of the Romanian Space Agency
* 2003 - elected, by the consensus of 65 states, as president of the Scientific and Technic Subcommittee of the UN Committee on the Peaceful Exploration of the Outer Space, for the period 2004-2005
* since 2003 - major general of aviation

I have this guys email address but I don't want to post it here as I'm not sure about the rules. If one of the admins can clarify this for me.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by yeebsy

WOW
if you, or me and anyone else for that matter could email him and get him to show up on this thread that would be AMAZING to say the least...great research and i eagerly await the email
...thanks again

Good Day
Skept!cal

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Any new updates? If there is any way that I can help, please let me know.....this is certainly one of the most intriguing cases that I have ever reviewed and I hope that the trail does not go "cold".....well, I hope that we do not let the trail go "cold".

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBottomLine

the only thing to do buddy is just dont give up hope or research on this amazing incident....Something is bound to bend w/ all the great thinkers on ATS...if we can just get that email and have this gentlemen come on here and explain a few things i think thats a great step in the right direction

Good Day
Skept!cal

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
This is very nice piece of information, PhotonEffect

Both the video and the bio of that Romanian astronaut aboard the Salyut station at the time of the incident.

The video is not unknown, it has been used occasionally at some shows as a collage of other videos, but I never knew there was an extended version, like the one you are showing. Well done!

I have been thinking that this case is also important for a number of reasons.
Taking in to consideration the confusion that is prevalent in our society in many areas and especially about general matters that some people have termed "exopolitics" a best candidate for a real offworld contact would bare great resemblance to the "visitors" described in the Salyut incident.
First of all is the only claimed contact that was described happening entirely in space, and from credible individuals. Space is a place very likely you would expect alien visitors to come in contact with you, a place where as reality has proven chances are slim to none that people with psychological disorders will have access to it. Therefore any testimony of people involved in actual space duties has to bare a large percentage of credence.
Secondly, since the visitors as described, are probably appearing mechanical in nature, this is another clue that whoever operates them, first, it appears that he/she/it has a clear and safe protocol about contact with unknown biological entities, as we are, and also shows that is experienced, especially with the manner that he seeks contact. He is meeting you in space, not on your soil. This would be a nice display of respect to the inhabitants of a visited world. So actually they don't scare you, they just do something you would have been expecting to happen sooner or later. As we, so others venture through space, and this time, it just happened and they met us.

Would the the best candidate case to pick up for displaying evidence of extraterrestrial contact to the unsuspecting majority of mankind. Is one of the less scarier at least, contrary to other "evidence of contacts" some circles are eager to push upon mankind, either creating a scare or a cult, dividing the populace in "brave" believers or "scared" skeptics.
A really intelligent, peaceful and non barbaric civilization, would be approaching us with the same ways. The term barbaric might sound a bit strange, but the increased levels of technological evolution not always guarantee increased levels of civility.
All walks of life might roam among the vastness of space, it is mandatory that we must meet just the right people.

Recently there was another piece of news, appearing all of a sudden, describing a similar height alien type in a similar offworld situation. The general attitude of that "disclosure" made me increasingly skeptical and also suspicious about underlying intentions. it was presented as an US counterpart of their own space contact from the lips of a guy that was never in space and presents the whole deal in a way that someone could easily accuse him that he might have some of his "screws" loosened, and all that is coming from the usual shady US ufo scene, it is supposed to display some credence, but tailored in terms that a "believer" would unquestinably accept. I am literally taking that one with a pinch of salt for the sake of denying ignorance.

[edit on 7-8-2008 by spacebot]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by riotact1

Right there is a 'smoking gun' as you folks like to call it. An article likes to
lend credibility to it's self by eluding to a video that it can't produce. The only 'smoking gun' is this is a story about a hoax. And qouting 'sources'
from the likes of 'pravda' and 'wiki' only lend credibility to me and my above propossed theory.
Thanks,

Vance

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by vance

Did you not read the whole entire thread?...There is plenty of evidence to support something indeed did happen...So the Testimonies of the cosmonauts are garbage?...I tend to think not...these are highly reguarded officials in Russia I tend to think that they are not making this up what so ever...my 2 cents

Skept!cal

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

So what became of this? Has anyone attempted to contact this man?

would be great to have him here to answer questions.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join