It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salyut 6 UFO Sighting..interesting indeed

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Now since you are in that video... I am surprised (errr well not really ) that you didn't point us to it

Ahh that's funny..Like someone once said, "Sometimes God just gives you one"

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Interesting video but how the hell can Dr Story Musgrove say what he saw and then go on to say that NASA hides nothing????
What kind of crap is that?

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Interesting video but how the hell can Dr Story Musgrove say what he saw and then go on to say that NASA hides nothing????

Jim is a friend of Story... lets ask him

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Hi Jim, I wonder if you could shed any light on what your friend Story mentions in that video.
The UFO's and 7' long alien creatures encountered in space..
Thanks in advance

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Hi Jim, I wonder if you could shed any light on what your friend Story mentions in that video.
Thanks in advance

Just found this thread -- still recovering from mythical missile mythle shock....

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

reply to post by zorgon

Story has no problem believing in alien civilizations loose in the galaxy. He just says he hasn't seen any evidence they're visiting Earth. How hard is that to believe he's telling his true opinion?

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Thanks in advance

As I've pointed out earlier, every checkable fact reported by 'Sightings' about the Afanasyev story is bogus. Even at the end where it says his 'camera and films were confiscated' was fictitious -- space station cosmonauts leave their cameras on board the station for the next crew, they don't carry them up and down, back and forth to orbit.

I have no reason to believe the alleged translation of what he's really saying has anything to do with the UFO story as presented by 'Sightings'. I've been unable to find any reference on the Russian websites to a Russian-language transcript from him saying these things -- please help me locate same, I speak Russian.

The original Kovlyonok sighting of the light phenomenon is interesting and credible, and worth study. I find it suggestive that at the moment of the sighting he was passing over the Overberg missile test range in South Africa, where teams were developing South Africa's intermediate range ballistic missiles for their secret atomic bombs. It would be nice to obtain more precise schedules of their launch activity that year.

The second story, with flashlights and star maps, is from the 'Weekly World News', and I have the original clippings including artist's concepts.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

reply to post by zorgon

Story has no problem believing in alien civilizations loose in the galaxy. He just says he hasn't seen any evidence they're visiting Earth. How hard is that to believe he's telling his true opinion?

It's hard the believe because he says NASA hides NOTHING...You would expect if he saw these things out in space he would take pics or video..Mayve some of the things were quick views but his 7' living tubes sound like he observed for a while..Where's the pics from NASA and the explanation..Where have NASA even mentioned these and other oddities seen by Story and coutless other astronauts ?

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

reply to post by zorgon

It's hard the believe because he says NASA hides NOTHING...You would expect if he saw these things out in space he would take pics or video..Mayve some of the things were quick views but his 7' living tubes sound like he observed for a while..Where's the pics from NASA and the explanation..Where have NASA even mentioned these and other oddities seen by Story and coutless other astronauts ?

What effort -- aside from a helpless whine -- have you ever made to find them?

Where did he say "living tubes"?

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I ask a civil sensible question and you are straight back to the unfounded insults.
How very mature of you.

How can I "make an effort" to find information that is only available to NASA and they are hiding it?
Are you suggesting I break into NASA or hack into their system?

He said living tubes or words to that effect in the video that Zorgon linked.
I suggest you "make an effort" and watch it..Although I'd be surprised if you dont have a copy yourself....
You know, the one with you in it also....

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I ask a civil sensible question and you are straight back to the unfounded insults.
How very mature of you.

The confrontational language seemed justified since you started out with a chip on your shoulder a light year high. about NASA lying and hiding and failing to confirm your dearest dreams...

How can I "make an effort" to find information that is only available to NASA and they are hiding it?

Step back and look at that sentence, it confirms the irrational foundation of your belief. You start by assuming what you are supposed to prove -- you start by saying 'NASA will never tell me' and concluded 'It's not worth trying' and THAT proves that NASA is hiding it.

Are you suggesting I break into NASA or hack into their system?

I have no problem with your confrontational wording. I only suggest, if YOU succeed in doing so, don't spend most of your time online stoned and forget to make any screen saves (or photos), and then have your mother claim it's because you have Asberger's Syndrome, or something.

He said living tubes or words to that effect in the video that Zorgon linked.

Which was it -- "living tubes" or NOT "living tubes"?

Have the backbone to admit your earlier claim was at best garbled.

I suggest you "make an effort" and watch it..Although I'd be surprised if you dont have a copy yourself....
You know, the one with you in it also....

Watched it... failed to hear "living tubes". Please give me the time hack so I can verify my hearing is non-functional. It could happen.

On both occasions of the 'snakes' -- isn't Story a grab-your-attention narrator? -- the mission involved deploying an IUS stage, and to the best of my recollection the deployment had occurred shortly before the sightings. This should be a clue as to what these objects were, as Story, too, knows.

Go watch some IUS deploy sequences on youtube. Find them yourself.

Stop whining and show some initiative.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

At least my whines are not as long and boring as yours

BTW, your mate Story said they were Rubbery like 7' snakes that followed them...
Some form of intelligent fuel line maybe?

You know, the truth is you are not even worth debating with your ridiculous answers and unfounded attacks.
A shame really given your past positions..You could have taught people, shared your knowledge but instead choose to be just one big AO...
ciao

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Hello everybody!
First, thank you Zorgon for finding out that the peculiar winged spaceship sighting belongs to Afanasyev. I have to comment about that a bit later on.
Thank you JimOberg about the information of the Kovalyonok (the one this thread is about) sighting transiting above the South African space range at that time. That is interesting.

Now Afanasyev seems he got a bit of airtime in the western media? Kovalyonok and the others with the more credible sightings seems they didn't get any..
His account doesn't seem very sound as you guys say, so why did he made it then? Could it be he was out to hint publicly for some technology NOT Russian, that they (the Russians) might be seeing in space and he used the term UFO to confuse the audience and conceal the actual nature of the event while he wanted only the right ears to get a message? American ears probably? I am speculating here since I'm in the dark. I will be checking the interesting links you posted Zorgon and I hope I will be coming back with something interesting.

Oh and lets check this documentary again...

rutube.ru...
edit on 13-11-2010 by spacebot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by skept!cal[/i
Here is some information regaurding the incident, maybe we can find more
en.wikipedia.org...

One thing I HATE about wikipedia.... they keep deleting articles

This page has been deleted. The deletion and move log for the page are provided below for reference. * 00:37, 27 February 2010 Arbitrarily0 (talk | contribs) deleted
"Salyut UFO sighting" ‎ (Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Salyut UFO sighting)
* 15:35, 19 August 2009 ThaddeusB (talk | contribs) restored "Salyut UFO sighting" ‎ (15 revisions restored: prod contested after deletion)
* 19:13, 18 August 2009 Nihiltres (talk | contribs) deleted "Salyut UFO sighting" ‎ (Expired PROD, concern was: Orphan article, and lacks neutral, reliable, verifiable sources by Wikipedia's criteria. Referred sites are down and known to be biased.)

And they have the nerve to ask for MONEY?

edit on 12-11-2010 by zorgon because: Classified

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

reply to post by zorgon

If I am right there is ONLY ONE other sighting with a creature having a tubular body and moving on the ground. I can't find it on the internet but i remember it very well from an old French Ufology book. It took place in Africa. In the account It moved in and out of a flying saucer and the saucer left some kind of "angel hair" which the witness a black African touched to sample it and he later still according to the account he displayed a peculiar skin disease like his skin started ageing faster on his body. Now biologically the skin on human organisms doesn't change it's volume but mostly it appears wrinkled because everything else inside it is shrinking in volume, like the cranium, the internal organs, the muscles and the human skeleton.
The creature was giving out a very strong smell like melting iron and the contactee thought that its temperature was very high too, while it was moving lslowly like a snake on the ground and was giving out if I remember this account right, a strong hissing sound. It also had some rectangular shapes of some color on his body or suit that resembled they were made out of some kind of crystal. It was white in color, round and tubular with no discernible head or tail and it might had been a suit hiding the real creature inside it. If you ask me that thing was trully alien in every sense and i would have **tted my pants at such a sight.

edit on 13-11-2010 by spacebot because: (typos)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacebot
Oh and lets check this documentary again...

НЛО. Вторжение на землю
51:23 64,88Mb 14 фев 2007
rutube.ru...
ОРБИТАЛЬНАЯ СТАНЦИЯ "САЛЮТ-6"
5 мая 1981 г., время 17:53

экстренный сенс связи
Космонавт В.Коваленок:
"Справа в иллюминаторе - обьект. Обьект с увеличивающейся яркостью проходил по отношению к нашему кораблю - гдето-то с курсовым углом двадцать на двести. понаблюдал за ним, увеличил свои размеры и яркость, а потом ушел за горизонт. "

ЦУП:
Принято. Форму его можете описать?
Космонавт В.Коваленок:
Яркая звезда на уровне теннисного мяча...

JimO: My impression this is a reneactment by the cvideo producers, not an original air/ground tape.

some sloppy (bogus) video descriptions
01:10 -- Discusses ‘orbital station Salyut-6’ but shows Mir
01:55 – Shows STS-48 zigzagger video, describing it as Salyut-6 view

02:20 following – Grechko describes his ‘UFO’, jettisoned trash bags
02:40 more shuttle videos
History of UFOs
Aleksandr Plaksin shows up

21:40 aerial view of Plesetsk rocket base
22:30 Voronezh air base -- Borisoglebsk… NLO sketch – spiral and “ < “
I think he’s saying – in the middle of 1984… several times….

Aleksey Korzhev
Another case August 20, 1975
“Unusual form, typical of a parachute…”

Nazi ufos

Plasma ufos

39:30 precise video of Plesetsk rocket launching – ‘tapered’ jellyfish
but described as a possible plasma UFO

Various theories

43:30 -- Tunguska explosion

43:50 -- while discussing expeditions to Tunguska site, shows clip of space program chiefs Korolyov and Keldysh inspecting a Voskhod spaceship in 1964, says Korolyov wanted to go with Grechko (43:57, describes explosion, more than a minute – ‘filler’).

45:50 crop circles

46:07 “Yuriy Platov” [first name is really ‘Yuliy’]

47:00 Nazca lines

48:00 HAARP in Alaska (‘plasma’ weaspons)

50:00 Plaksin on artificial tornadoes

51:00 end credits
Author Andrey Pisarenko
Asst researcher Inna Chernikova
Researcher Dmitriy Sorokin
Producers Sergey Dudko and Elena Stolyarova
Copyright OAO “First Channel”, 2006

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacebot

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by skept!cal[/i
Here is some information regaurding the incident, maybe we can find more
en.wikipedia.org...

One thing I HATE about wikipedia.... they keep deleting articles
And they have the nerve to ask for MONEY?

That's right -- they find out somebody has posted bogus information that is at variance with every other documentation source, and what do they do?

They don't leave it up, they delete it.

Shocking!

We'd never do that here on the UFO threads.

When we discover bogus information, we pretend we never learned it was bogus, and keep believing it.

Do we?

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

please help me locate same, I speak Russian.

If you speak Russian than can you not hear what he is saying?

I find it suggestive that at the moment of the sighting he was passing over the Overberg missile test range in South Africa, where teams were developing South Africa's intermediate range ballistic missiles for their secret atomic bombs.

AH! So we are going with the "mythical missile mythle" explanation then?

The second story, with flashlights and star maps, is from the 'Weekly World News', and I have the original clippings including artist's concepts.

Would be interesting to see those

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Well i hope wikipedia goes on a deletion or correction campaign from now on since there are TONS of matters of historical interest that wiki has a habit of accepting bogus information about, especially if they appear politically correct..
Since the Salyut case is still unsolved and people seem to find it interesting, and wiki will not keep it up where can someone put it?
I appreciate the translation of the contents of the Russian video. It gave me some new search words

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

That's right -- they find out somebody has posted bogus information that is at variance with every other documentation source, and what do they do?
They don't leave it up, they delete it.

Well if stuff gets deleted how is anyone supposed to know whether or not it is bogus? Would it not make more sense to just attach a HOAX sign and save new comers the trouble?

But then I have seen stuff deleted from Wiki a few days after the info was used in a post here. How odd is that?
Fortunately I was able to find the original source and found it credible.

Its like those OOPARTs that have vanished... give it a few more years and people will say 'where is your proof they existed?' "OH they were mysteriously stolen... uh huh... how convenient' Well that is now true of the Baghdad batteries

Funny how stuff just disappears

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join