It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Beat Peaceful Tibetan Protesters IN AMERICA

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
I don't think I need to explain the concept of evidence further to a cop, so i'll leave it at that

lol....ok I agree and that was a good one...

The best part is both of my friends who saw this real time aren't cops. They aren't even American born..and THEY agree the protesters were acting like idiots. Now we are talking about 2 friends of mine who lived in NYC for going on 17 years. One is a teacher, the other is a bio chemist. So it's not like their biast. My friends have experiance hundreds of protests...and they said sure some get a little heated but never to the point the protesters act this crazy. One of my friends stated "you would of thought some of them were cracked out they were acting so nuts"

All I know is there is NO WAY....I will make my decision about this incident on just that one video clip!!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
So much for the Chinese view that this unrest in Tibet is an American CIA backed plot.

I have to ask why Britain and USA are so determined to play down human rights abuses in Tibet, when the previous villains for not supporting the war in Iraq, France and Germany are front and centre on the issue ?

Maybe someone else has already said this, I don't know as I haven't read further yet.... but can we say OIL?

I can see where China would want to take Tibet (albeit WRONG), but I don't understand why on earth the US would have something against them... very strange indeed.

I hope something comes out of this.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75
All I know is there is NO WAY....I will make my decision about this incident on just that one video clip!!!!

And yet people go to jail because of some policeman's camera on his cruiser. Which is one sided also. Most of the time you don't hear what is said by the officer to incite people to rage. But, then they get convicted from the one sided video. Double standards? I'd say yes.

Pretty soon, we are not going to take it anymore and you cops out there better start policing your own or start watching your backs. It's YOUR call. That is not a threat. Just an observation.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
My mother and father escaped Cuba because of this kind of corruption. 20 years later same crap different jerks.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
And yet people go to jail because of some policeman's camera on his cruiser. Which is one sided also. Most of the time you don't hear what is said by the officer to incite people to rage. But, then they get convicted from the one sided video. Double standards? I'd say yes.

By all means please produce some dash cam video WITHOUT audio where a suspect flew into rage because of the officer! Thats a stretch my friend...

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

That's fine. Seems odd to me, because I value video evidence over most forms, but still, that's fine.

You're friends seem like a really good source for an unbiased viewpoint on this. Really they do. But don't you see that your word on what 'he said she said' doesn't compare to the actual evidence at hand? i.e the video.

It seems like you are already basing a decision on other things. I am sure the people in this thread would like to see some solid evidence to support what your friends saw and or heard. I myself would like to see video.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Howie47
Just remember, most cops aren't setting around thinking about high
ideals all day. They are at the street level, of trying to maintain law and
order. When the adrenalin starts flowing; the brain starts going dead.

Yeah...

so the phrase "that's a reason, not an excuse" comes to mind...

Yes, and there is no excuse for being ignorant of what might happen if you join a street protest. People have been shot, in the most innocent, good cause, protest. Remember, Kent State?! 17 year old national guardsmen, opened up on University students, who had just been kissing them on the cheek and putting flowers in their gun barrows.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
So much for the Chinese view that this unrest in Tibet is an American CIA backed plot.

You betcha and the Chinese are very perceptive.

This is getting way out of hand. One morning we will wake up to a total civil war that broke out overnight.
God help us.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I know how your parents and you must feel. I am from Cuba and my mother Cuban and father from Barcelona, Spain.
Its freaky to have to flee one nation so beautiful, have the USA open its doors for us, settle here and now we are headed for an even more sinister path. Ironic, isnt it???

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I know how your parents and you must feel. I am from Cuba and my mother Cuban and father from Barcelona, Spain.
Its freaky to have to flee one nation so beautiful, have the USA open its doors for us, settle here and now we are headed for an even more sinister path. Ironic, isnt it???

Hmmm..maybe I missed something but you chose to come to America, like many others for a better life and opportunity, which means your leaving YOUR country of origin and the problems it has. So why come here.. because you see its much better then back home, but then to take it upon yourself to riot, protest, etc about things that are happening in the country you left?

If your so worried about the country you came from and your fellow citizens, go back and help make a difference...don't sit here in America where you have it much better, and then use these streets and your new RIGHTS to bitch about something you again chose to leave behind.

When our founding fathers and later settlers came here and set up shop did they take to their own streets and protest the Brits because of the things that were happening BACK where they chose to leave??? Of course not. It just makes no sense to me...

[edit on 3/28/2008 by rcwj75]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

When our founding fathers and later settlers came here and set up shop did they take to their own streets and protest the Brits because of the things that were happening BACK where they chose to leave??? Of course not. It just makes no sense to me...

Um they didn't need to seeing as when they came here this place was under England's control...

They left england to get away from the BS only the BS followed them here,

Hence the Revolution...

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by C0le

I understand that, and agree. But the opression of China DIDN'T follow them to America. The treatment of people from their contries didn't follow them here. They came here and now live a MUCH better life with rights, and opportunities....but instead of staying in their home country to protest and change the way things were, they come here and protest. It doesn't make sence.

There is a guy from my city from Darfur Africa. He came here to get away from the atrocities of his country. He didn't use America as his place to protest his OLD governments actions. Instead he went back home to help fight the opression. That to me makes sence, and as he put it, "you fight for your home, FROM your home, don't use your neighbors house as cover!"

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

YOU DID miss something. We chose to come here, the land of Opportunity, the promised land, a land we all love now. It is home. My relatives have gone to war here and died for this country. My loyalty is to my country which happens to be the USA.
However, that doesnt mean we have to be "content" and happy with the sad state of affairs here.
And i would drop the subject now- I'm not too thrilled ever having to defend my citizenship here. It IS ironic that we leave one country and come to another and encounter a problem again was all i was trying to say.
'nuff said.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
YOU DID miss something. We chose to come here, the land of Opportunity, the promised land, a land we all love now. It is home.

Ummm..thats what I already said...you chose to come here to make THIS COUNTRY your home...so then why cause problems HERE about issues back where you came from?? Makes no sense!

My relatives have gone to war here and died for this country. My loyalty is to my country which happens to be the USA.

I served her too, and by saying this you just solidified my point..thanks!

However, that doesnt mean we have to be "content" and happy with the sad state of affairs here.

What stste of affairs, freedom? The right to sit home online on ATS? The right to wake up and go make money and buy anything you want? The right to buy a plane ticket and go to TIBET and protest THERE where the problem is?

And i would drop the subject now- I'm not too thrilled ever having to defend my citizenship here. It IS ironic that we leave one country and come to another and encounter a problem again was all i was trying to say.
'nuff said.

Again you admit leaving one country to come here for something better. So that something better in your mind is what? Using AMERICAN streets to protest your original county??? You make no sense. My point wasn't about YOU! It was about people NOT staying in their own country to make life better there. They come here and feel so strongly about the bad things they seen or went through back home but yet chose only to try and change them AFTER leaving and coming to the US. I wonder why??? ...Oh I know...back home you wouldn't have the luxury to assemble in the streets and act like fools and cause problems. Here your have the RIGHT to protest, just some protesters feel that can only be accomplished how THEY see fit and NOT follow the rules....which leads to them being treated accordingly.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Howie47

Yes, and there is no excuse for being ignorant of what might happen if you join a street protest. People have been shot, in the most innocent, good cause, protest. Remember, Kent State?! 17 year old national guardsmen, opened up on University students, who had just been kissing them on the cheek and putting flowers in their gun barrows.

What on Earth is your point with that?

No one is arguing that sometimes protestors get out of hand at protests. Or that sometimes cops get out of hand at protests...

In this thread we are specifically arguing wether these cops used excessive force or not. The video definetly suggests they did.

Or were you just saying that because sometimes people get hurt at protests, it's no big deal if people get hurt at protests?

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   

The right to buy a plane ticket and go to TIBET and protest THERE where the problem is?

So then if an American wanted to protest the War in Iraq they would have to buy a plane ticket?

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Oh I know...back home you wouldn't have the luxury to assemble in the streets and act like fools and cause problems. Here your have the RIGHT to protest,

We have the Right...

to have cops show up with the preconceived mentality that we, the protestors, are "fools that cause problems", and we have the right to be beat with billy-clubs when we, the People you swore an oath to protect, raise our signs in the air and walk in zig-zag patterns...

Thanks for helping protect our Rights

[edit on 043131p://29u10 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

So then if an American wanted to protest the War in Iraq they would have to buy a plane ticket?

Your statement makes no sense....for Americans to protest the WAR is understandable...since AMERICA and her citizens are DIRECTLY involved! Here we have people from Tibet/China protesting on AMERICAN streets about what???? something AMERICA has nothing to do with....get it? Meaning if your from China and chose to come to America and leave CHINA behind...don't protest in AMERICA about another country and it's problems going on THERE.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

We have the Right...

to have cops show up with the preconceived mentality that we, the protestors, are "fools that cause problems", and we have the right to be beat with billy-clubs when we, the People you swore an oath to protect, raise our signs in the air and walk in zig-zag patterns...

Thanks for helping protect our Rights

Sheer numbers prove your assumption is false. The city of New York has HUNDREDS of protests every year. This country has THOUSANDS! So yes you have the right...stop trying to take 1 incident (which not all facts are known) out of a thousand and scream Police State or claim the right is gone! I was involved with two this year and there were NO problems from the protesters. They did what they needed to do, acted CIVIL and enjoyed their day....and from what I heard from one of the protesters actually ended up swaying the minds of those involved...hence their protest worked.

How many times do we hear about the Police clashing with those involved? VERY RARELY!!! And I mean in an offical capacity that is...not some joe blow who films bits and peices and puts it on youtube who tries to claim the entire protest was stopped by Police, or EVERY protester was beat/abused/assaulted, etc...also lets not forget those protests who DO NOT follow the rules and who push the envelope thinking it will make the difference. When you protest all day and then the Mayor, or Chief of Police gives the order that the time is up, LEAVE.....come back another day for round two...but NOOOO you gotta push it and push it and then cry wolf when the law is enforced. And for those who start throwing stuff and become a danger to people NOT involved in their cause they are truly "fools" hence my wording....

As to your earlier statement about my friends credibility about witnessing the protest versus this video clip....I'm guessing if you were a juror and there was 100 witnesses who gave a FULL AND COMPLETE story as to what REALLY happened you would dismiss their testimony as soon as you saw a short, edited video and say: "the video is all I needed to see, it tells me the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help me god"....cmon...you and I both know there is WAY more to this story then this video shows...and its not all in favor of "peaceful" protesters either.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I can now see why a civil war is imminent in America.

I often watch that show cops. If you watch an episode filmed in the 80s or early 90s you usually see one or two cops easily handle a situation by just handcuffing someone or taking them down. Now if you watch a more recent episode you see four or five cops show up with tazers in hand and guns drawn. One episode I watched last week even had cops wearing black ski masks to take down simple drug offenders.

The coming civil war will be between the people who see a problem with this growing police state and the people who are too blind and dumbed down to realize it's here.

Another thing, I believe even if these protesters were being rowdy it doesn't justify beating them up. These are human beings, people! Where is your sense of humanity? Most will say we can't have anarchy in the streets, but really what is worse? People breaking windows and knocking over trash cans or blood flowing down Grand Ave?

Oh and people saying this is just a China issue, give me a break. China is one of our biggest trade partners, if not the biggest! Chinese and Americans absolutlely have the right and responsibility to stand up for the Tibetan people. It really is a shame for people to still think everything is okay in the world and standby and do nothing. Are we men, or are we mice?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join