It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Beat Peaceful Tibetan Protesters IN AMERICA

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bobafett1972

Ok, I am not holding you against your opinion at all. Just like to argue my side of it.

Now the comment about them dressing up as cops, kinda far fetched, in a busy street in the middle of the day. I guess they borrowed the cruisers too.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Ok, I am not holding you against your opinion at all. Just like to argue my side of it.

Now the comment about them dressing up as cops, kinda far fetched, in a busy street in the middle of the day. I guess they borrowed the cruisers too.

Sorry, I almost spit out my Moutain Dew on that last comment. Did you just call my claim and idea of a person posing as a cop, far fetched! On ATS! I think a stoning is in order!

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

No, not the idea. But, the idea of that in this video. I know that people do dress up as cops, firefighters and even FBI agents. But, I just don't think in this video.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobafett1972
reply to post by jhill76

For all we know, that could have been someone dressed up, posing as a police officer.

Yes and they also rented all the police cars too.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
i cant believe this is nowhere to be seen on reddit.com!

it's on digg.com's front page, and that's about it.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DaVillen

The point was totally missed.
And you're a day late.
But the Chinese planted brick throwers are so much more plausible.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Could you elaborate on that more. You saying that the chinese put people in there to throw bricks?

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Could you elaborate on that more. You saying that the chinese put people in there to throw bricks?

No, I can't. I didn't say it. Someone else, earlier in this thread did. Hence my comment about the Poser-Cop. Sorry for the confusion.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Sorry, I almost spit out my Moutain Dew on that last comment. Did you just call my claim and idea of a person posing as a cop, far fetched! On ATS! I think a stoning is in order!

A person?

Did you not see the video?? There are tons of cops, many protestors, many other witnesses, in the middle of the city, and during the day.

Dude I believe we are being visited by aliens on a regular basis. But I still think what you just said is far fetched.

[edit on 063131p://26u30 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Bobafett1972 my discerning mind would much rather see actual video capture of the event then the words on a page from some random journalist who probably wasn't even there when it happened...

Could the video have been edited? Yes. Could the written article from mainstream media have been edited? Yes.

[edit on 073131p://26u02 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

For one last time:

I do not believe that it was someone posing as a cop. Though what better way to do it surrounded by a ton of other law enforcement officers? I was simply saying a remark about the poster that make a comment about Chinese plants in the crowd to throw bricks.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   

No, I can't. I didn't say it. Someone else, earlier in this thread did. Hence my comment about the Poser-Cop. Sorry for the confusion.

My apologizes then. I thought you were the one you said it.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Though what better way to do it surrounded by a ton of other law enforcement officers? I was simply saying a remark about the poster that make a comment about Chinese plants in the crowd to throw bricks.

Yeah and you also said this:

But the Chinese planted brick throwers are so much more plausible.

Can you please link the YouTube video for that.

So much more plausible. Yet no video for that. You have an interesting way of looking at evidence

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by abovetech
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Video is not available??

Here's another link that works.

www.youtube.com...

Video works, but you clicked it when Youtube was on maintenance.

MAKE YOU SURE YOU GO HERE
www.youtube.com...

Make the video popular

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I love the part at the end of the video where it said:

"New Stun Guns"

Ahhhhhhhh

The only way cops can be redeemed after all the horrible cop threads that are hitting ATS, is if the second coming of Christ ends up being a police officer

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

March 16, 2008 -- Pro-Tibet protesters broke through police barricades and hurled bricks and bottles at cops outside the Chinese Consulate in Midtown yesterday.

Wow, so YouTube videos and LiveLeak are better sources than the news?
Peaceful, did they change the definition of the word and not clear it with me first?

The New York Post!?!

You realize that rag, since 1976, has been owned by billionaire Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation, right?!?

That's the very epitome of the lying manipulative lame stream media.

It's not even a remotely credible source.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

Is everything I type being transposed by a dying babblefish?

I gave a different source and a different version of the story. Did I say I belived either? It is just nice to have 2 sides of a story. I'd take the Post of YOUTUBE any day.

And to the poster that keeps insisting on a video of the supposed Chinese planted brick throwers. There is NO video. I never said there was. It is called SARCASM. Another poster made the remark, which in turn caused me to make my remark. Or inane banter. Which ever term you like.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
It is very plausible that the video clip was edited to make the protesters look innocent. The video was made by a protester. You also have a news article stating bricks were thrown. That also could be a faked story to make the protesters seem dangerous.

I myself don't take either sides point of view. I would like to see a video or article written by an independent eye witness that is neither tied to the police or city or to the protesters agenda. But I'm sure we all know that more than likely that won't happen

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Is everything I type being transposed by a dying babblefish?

lol!!

I gave a different source and a different version of the story. Did I say I belived either? It is just nice to have 2 sides of a story. I'd take the Post of YOUTUBE any day.

True, and no personal offense on my part towards you should be construed.

I'd take them both and add a third:

NEW YORK, March 16, 2008 (AFP) - Several hundred Tibetan activists rallied outside the Chinese consulate in New York Sunday to protest Beijing's deadly crackdown on demonstrators in their Himalayan homeland.

Chanting 'Free Tibet Now' and 'Shame, Shame, China Shame,' the mostly Tibetan protesters called for an end to the violence and for countries to boycott the Beijing Olympic games in August.

Police in riot gear and around a dozen officers mounted on horseback were on hand after protesters earlier threw rocks at the consulate, according to police.

Several glass bricks and panels in the consulate wall were shattered, leaving broken glass littering one sidewalk. Two protesters had been arrested for public order offenses, police said.
haaba.com | Pro-Tibet activists rally at China consulate in New York

The third source is unfamiliar to me, but it is yet another view.

Of the three, YouTube, the NY Post, and haaba, the NY Post I find the least reputable simply due to the fact that it's owned and controlled by Rupert Murdoch.

I do not trust anything on face value that's published by that tool, with good reason.

Weighing what I can see with what I'm told, I'll give more credence to what I can see, with the caveat that every view of a situation is colored by both the agenda of those that provide that view, and by the viewer's personal attitude towards the issue.

Those committing the violence are the ones that should be specifically targeted for action by the police.

As to the type of force the LEOs apply, that should be commiserate to the violence committed by the protesters.

But when the authorities crack-down indiscriminately, that's when the situation becomes more complex.

What's really curious is the lack of media coverage of this event, MSM or otherwise.

Why should we have to go to an African blog to get information about an event in New York?

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1Angrylightbulb
It is very plausible that the video clip was edited to make the protesters look innocent. The video was made by a protester. You also have a news article stating bricks were thrown. That also could be a faked story to make the protesters seem dangerous.

Totally. It could have been edited either way, in either's favor.

I guess my biasness factors in here:

1) After all my reading and personal experience I think cops use unecessary force very often.

2) I read tibetan buddhism and tibetan dream yoga often. and generally like tibetan people

Personally I think there is a chance one of the protestors threw a brick, and that serverd as a catalyst to targeting all the protestors and using unecessary force on the ones that didn't actually throw bricks.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join