It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Beat Peaceful Tibetan Protesters IN AMERICA

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by xstevenx
Another thing, I believe even if these protesters were being rowdy it doesn't justify beating them up. These are human beings, people! Where is your sense of humanity? Most will say we can't have anarchy in the streets, but really what is worse? People breaking windows and knocking over trash cans or blood flowing down Grand Ave?

Yeah this makes sense! Like most you don't think ahead and actually think because your a HUMAN you should be able to act any way you want without recourse. And we wonder why society is a joke these days and our moral compass is gone. So in YOUR mind...its ok if they trash a few places that aren't there's and hit a few innocent people NOT involved by throwing things because their upset.

Then comes the common sense part which of course people who advocate acting out forget. So now business owners and residents have to file insurance claims because police let these idiots break THEIR windows. So they file claims that should be paid by the PROTESTERS...NOT an innocent business owner/resident who is now worried their insurance premium may go up and they have to deal with the replacment of THEIR window. Then you have protesters who throw stuff and hit others...so now these people have top go to the HOSPITAL for medical attention or get EMS on scene...guess what...they are billed and HOPE they have insurance to cover the actions of a buch of Aholes.....This really isn't that hard to understand.

really is a shame for people to still think everything is okay in the world and standby and do nothing. Are we men, or are we mice?

Well last time I checked when we stood up for people who were being oppressed and killed by their own government we ended up in IRAQ...KOREA...SOMALIA...etc...So then your ok with WAR...or you better be, because as you know...sitting in an AMERICAN street screaming and yelling doesn't change a thing when it comes to international incidents.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75
...sitting in an AMERICAN street screaming and yelling doesn't change a thing when it comes to international incidents.

Ah, but sitting on an American street outside the sovereign territory of a foreign nation involved in an international incident is a time-honored method of voicing the concerns of those who may reside in America but have ties to the victims of that state's behavior.

As well, the use of agents provocateurs to undermine the actions of peaceful protesters by inciting violence is also an established countermeasure employed by offending countries.

The Chinese are very shrewd in their diplomacy and it's not outside the realm of reason to consider that they may have employed such tactics to discredit the Tibetan protesters' efforts.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg
As well, the use of agents provocateurs to undermine the actions of peaceful protesters by inciting violence is also an established countermeasure employed by offending countries.

The Chinese are very shrewd in their diplomacy and it's not outside the realm of reason to consider that they may have employed such tactics to discredit the Tibetan protesters' efforts.

I agree...they may have planted these violent folks...but then explain why the TRUE peaceful protesters didn't point them out or help squash them knowing they weren't helping their cause only hurting it and causing problems here? To ALLOW this behavior as a peacful protester only discredits your cause in a way does it not?

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

Possibly not everyone was acquainted prior to the protest.

A few strangers might not be noticed in the crowd.

When the fuel is in place and the heat is on, to create an inferno takes but a spark.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

As to your earlier statement about my friends credibility about witnessing the protest versus this video clip....I'm guessing if you were a juror and there was 100 witnesses who gave a FULL AND COMPLETE story as to what REALLY happened you would dismiss their testimony as soon as you saw a short video...

This jury has not seen or heard any of these 'alleged' friends and their testimonies. It's coming from your mouth. 'What he said she said'.

As it stand we have video evidence. We see cops using excessive force. Your counter arguement is merely speculation with nothing to back it up outside of your blind loyalty for your brethren

You will watch and read a hundred more cases on ATS of cops completely abusing their power, and hurting innoncent people, before the light-bulb sparks. I say this because in many threads now people have presented clear cases that were in direct opposition to what you said, and you either continued to argue it or you didn't address it altogether *see no evil, hear no evil*. For instance, the video that was linked earlier in this thread about the cops forcing the innoncent women to strip completely. You had nothing to say. Just one example, of many, that I have seen you completely disregard because it didn't put you in a 'good light'.

My favorite uncle, someone I respect immensely, is the captain of a police force. Doesn't mean I have to be ignorant to truth. I can still believe in him, and at the same time recognize injustice.

[edit on 033131p://29u11 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

but then explain why the TRUE peaceful protesters didn't point them out or help squash them knowing they weren't helping their cause only hurting it and causing problems here? To ALLOW this behavior as a peacful protester only discredits your cause in a way does it not?

Maybe these 'true' peaceful protestors were afraid of the cops.
Clearly these cops were'nt sharing that 'peaceful vibe'. Seriously, could be as simple as that.

Speculation though, as we have no evidence for this. Not like a video

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join