It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Beat Peaceful Tibetan Protesters IN AMERICA

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Cops Beat Peaceful Tibetan Protesters IN AMERICA

www.liveleak.com

Video footage of New York cops clubbing and arresting peaceful Tibetan protesters who were merely walking down the street has gone relatively ignored beyond Youtube.

While stories emerge out of China every day of police beating and killing Tibetan protestors in the streets, the same sort of behavior by cops in America tells its own story.

The footage was shot at a free Tibet peaceful assembly in New York on the 14th of March.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I mean right on the camera, no remorse at all. The cop even said I'll kill you right on the camera. The crowd was not hostile in anyway shape or form.

www.liveleak.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
bad things are happening all over the world inl almost concentric circles, the military calls this Zero-ing in.

When will the people do something?

This is turning into a fascist state more and more everyday

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
So much for the Chinese view that this unrest in Tibet is an American CIA backed plot.

I have to ask why Britain and USA are so determined to play down human rights abuses in Tibet, when the previous villains for not supporting the war in Iraq, France and Germany are front and centre on the issue ?

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The cameraman should have stepped in there instead of giving a play by play. Although I like that he said the officers' names and their numbers. Very good idea to document this and get some names out there.

Mitch

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

March 16, 2008 -- Pro-Tibet protesters broke through police barricades and hurled bricks and bottles at cops outside the Chinese Consulate in Midtown yesterday.

Wow, so YouTube videos and LiveLeak are better sources than the news?
Peaceful, did they change the definition of the word and not clear it with me first?

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bobafett1972

Now that could have been a totally different group than these people. Maybe the cops just wanted to even with the brick throwers. If you can post a video of the same exact people, then I would be more siding with the cops on this.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Hmm too bad this was in front of the UN and not the Chinese Consulate. # the police, I wish more of them were in the twin towers and less fire fighters.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Now that could have been a totally different group than these people. Maybe the cops just wanted to even with the brick throwers. If you can post a video of the same exact people, then I would be more siding with the cops on this.

Nope. No video, sorry. Just trying to give a different angle. Never said it was the same group, then again I guess it was implied. Though I doubt there were groups of Tibetan's running around all of New York all willynilly protesting and throwing bricks everywhere.

I am not picking sides. I try to remain impartial. There are always two sides but I forgot where I was posting. My bad.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

So you've got a MSM source saying protesters were hurling bricks and breaking through barricades. No supporting evidence, no photos of bricks being lobbed through the air, no downed barricades, etc.

Then, you've got a video of cops beating protesters with clubs and threatening to kill them.

Harp on liveleak and youtube all you want, it's a video of the events, nothing less.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I totally agree, but then there is the fact that the video could have been edited to remove the footage.

Just saying.

Mitch

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MitchMagic

That is very possible, but we can go all day what has and wasn't left out. We can only go by what is on the video though. But, the cop saying he will kill them, now that is just way out of line.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

So, youtube is a more valid source than something in the mainstream media? Just because someone didn't post something on youtube doesn't mean it's not true.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
More cops with little big man syndrome.

Ya know, the more I hear about how the cops are dealt with down over the border. The more it makes sense to me.

This is a civil war. A war of private vs. public and the enforcers therein.
And as such, the targets of "Independent Justice" are gonna bring it upon themselves from both sides.

Fireworks....

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
US Police:
Fascism on the streets of America.
These cops have anger issues. They are out of control.

How people can't get mad about this.
The camera guy is a hero for staying relatively calm or they would've get him too.
Respect for this guy. Spread the news.

What about this Pelosi woman. Can a government be even more hypocrite?
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

No, but we have supporting evidence. I mean if we go alone by what some reporter said, rather than having a reporter in front of the action w/ video. Than I am going to take youtube as the more credible source, since it indeed has the evidence. Just because they have FOX or MSNBC behind their name, doesn't make them the most credible source.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
If bricks were thrown who is to say that those bricks were thrown by Tibetan-sympathizers? Could such a brick-tosser have been a Chinese plant?

Speak'

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
There is NOT ENOUGH news covering this, regardless if you find a few articles about it.

Where is it on TV NEWS?

Everyone, I ask you to go to the below video, rate and comment and favoritize the youtube video, increase it's rating so more people see it.

DO YOUR JOB AS LITTLE AS YOU CAN!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Video is not available??

Here's another link that works.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

There is no supporting evidence, period. A video on YouTube is not evidence. For all we know, that could have been someone dressed up, posing as a police officer. Why is no one ever allowed to post other opinions on here? I am not claiming to be right but at least I am trying to look at all angles of the story as opposed to those who claim to be so enlighted and call everyone else sheep the minute the use a source besides YouTube and Johnny NoName with a video camera.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join