It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear of Ufos?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Uber_Offizer

Certainly quite possible.

Think of it this way. You have direct contact with an alien life form that literally scares last nights dinner out of you. But after you are taken into the spaceship and you start to calm down, the alien offers you a beer and tells you he is just a tourist hoping to get to know the locals better. You were scared for no real reason, other than the unknown.

On the other hand, you see a craft that is truly bizarre, but on closer examination, you see that it has airforce insignia. Then a bunch of people pop out and take you away to some underground bunker to do secret Doctor Death experiments on you. Your fear of the unknown was warranted after all. Just because it might be a human engineered craft, you still don't know anything about it. Are they using it to spy on you? Will it zap you with some beam they're experimenting with? Will you die from radiation if you get too close to it?

[edit on 3/22/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The reason I mentioned that is that I am enormously paranoid, and actually just had someone look at me weird and I thought that they were out to get me. So anything I may see, military, commercial, or other if it has a weird light on it I may quickly assume that "They" (Meaning anyone in the aircraft) are out to get me.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

If I may ask, what is the meaning behind your member-name?

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I am so glad you posted this thread! The only reason I joined this site is to conquor my absolute fear of anything ufo related. I can't even watch that show et with out having panic attacks, let alone watch all those videos of aliens. I look foward to hearing the replies to this.
I hope the members make you feel more at ease.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
It really has no meaning, its just a name I used on PSN (Playstation Network) when I used to play video games which I recently got bored of.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by starskipper

I am so glad you posted this thread! The only reason I joined this site is to conquor my absolute fear of anything ufo related. I can't even watch that show et with out having panic attacks, let alone watch all those videos of aliens. I look foward to hearing the replies to this.
I hope the members make you feel more at ease.

I'm the same way.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Is there anything that might be happening, or has happened in your life, that might be causing you to manifest seemingly irrational fears?

You may have already answered this, but have you ever been in shock before?

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I think alot of my irrational fears started when my parents got divorced but I don't know how. I'm 15 and I'm still scared of the dark as well.

EDIT: I've never been in shock before but I have been scared to death (not literally of course) before.

[edit on 3/22/2008 by Uber_Offizer]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

That is a very logical explanation and not at all uncommon. Especially if you had a seemingly stable family life beforehand. A shock like that is not just a one-time event either. It puts the whole ship off course for some time to come. Your age is also likely a factor. The fabric of reality seems more translucent, and you're rushing to define the world around you so you are prepared to just get on with your adult life when the time comes. Just remember that you'll never figure it all out.

Try to find someone to talk to about the divorce. A real person, not online. Not necessarily a professional even, but maybe someone a bit older. Do you have any cousins or sibling you can talk to?

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Not really, but I might just have to talk to my dad again about all the stuff that was going on during the divorce, but thanks alot you've been a great help!

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

The world can be a scary place, but once you've been shot at a few times you learn not to worry as much.

Cherish your awakenings, and best of luck to you.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
If it were me.......... I would get in a nice concealed spot with a thermal viewer and a Barrett 82A1. as soon as one of those things got close too my house I would start pumping 700 grain rounds into it. If by some chance in a million I hit the UFO, I would field dress the critters and have them mounted in my tool shed. then sell the parts of the ship too FOX or CNN.
Just trying to cheer ya up a bit...............But honestly, dont worry too much....all that does is let the fear play with your mind. Face your fears by going outside at night and when you get that panic in your gut yell out at the top of your lungs and flip off the sky. be the master of your ship my friend. "the only thing we have to fear is fear itself" FDR

[edit on 23-3-2008 by TXMACHINEGUNDLR]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spooky Fox Mulder

Most probably because you have been taken aboard the ships before in your life.

If you experience...aches between 12 pm and 4 pm and pain in the back of your head (not the neck - the head), then, most probably it is because you have been taken before.

Can you supply any links referencing studies of sample populations of known abductees where this phenomenon is has been discovered and confirmed?

I am pretty much up to speed with the current state of research by the IF & ICAR, and have never come across this before.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I had a similar experience. We went from "Wow! That's cool" to "Hey it looks like it's coming for us". In the space of a few minutes. For me it was the sudden realization that this thing and it's motives were completely unknown.

Here's a report I filed with MUFON a few years ago:

mufoncms.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Thats exactly how I felt and I saw another odd light last night (just one) but I'm just going to stop looking outside after dark so I don't turn myself into a nervous wreck.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Do you have a video camera or a camera ?

If you do start to record and document your sighting's try and work out if there is a natural cause for what you are looking at.

Post what evidence you can get here at ATS.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
all these sightings and no video or pic? try to get some up...would help alot. take care.

[edit on 23-3-2008 by Dr.Greenthumb]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
agreed h3akalee,get a video camera and start aiming it at the craft.et absolutely hates that and will soon buzz off take control today dude its that easy

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
ive has personal experiences, but instead of developing a fear, i seem to have gone in the other direction..... there really is nothing to be afraid of x

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I can say in all honesty there was a point in my life not too long ago that totally filled my body and soul with dread.

Now this dread was so powerfull it burned inside my ribcage like a wildfire.

Since this event however i have realised that there is no need to be afraid but i still do get afraid.

I have realised that these being's have kept me safe during my lifetime they have actually saved my life twice that i can remember.

And maybe more time's than i realise !

They DO listen and respect my wishes however i dont think they understand certain emotions.

I have come to the conclusion after the event that they were only trying to say HI we are here and we are whatching you.

There is a certain level of no control where thing's happen without my say so but i made it clear that i want to be fully asleep when these thing's happen. And if i wake and realise these thing's are happening they normally end right away.

I have been abducted i beleive since i was a child i would place my teddy bears around my head as a young child.

Now i see these same traits in my own children.

Fear is natural there is nothing you can do.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 23-3-2008 by h3akalee]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join