It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear of Ufos?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I posted a topic about seeing numerous ufos in my area, I saw more last night and I'm starting to get a deep overwelming fear when I see them. How can I deal with this?

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
You shouldn´t be afraid.

Maybe they are just lights, the more mundane explanation is the true one.

Try to tranquilize your self and find a way of distracting.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uber_Offizer
I posted a topic about seeing numerous ufos in my area, I saw more last night and I'm starting to get a deep overwelming fear when I see them. How can I deal with this?

Most probably because you have been taken aboard the ships before in your life.

If you experience loss of time, headaches between 12 pm and 4 pm and pain in the back of your head (not the neck - the head), then, most probably it is because you have been taken before.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Uber_Offizer

I always wanted to witness a UFO for myself, thinking that I would ask a UFO pilot for a quick joy ride, if I ever got the opportunity.....Then I really did see something......

When it turned and headed back toward me, all of that 'flew out the window', so to speak......I had a sudden attack of overwhelming fear, and my feet did not wait for further instructions.....I ran for cover so fast, I must have broken some land speed records!!

So much for my 'scientific' curiosity!!

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I've never had missing time or anything weird like that happen. I think its more of a fear of the unknown. But what I saw was a Black Triangle. I was watching it through binoculars, it had 3 white lights in a triangle pattern, and a red flashing light in the middle. I almost feel like someone is watching over me and protecting me from illness, and from injury. An example of this is right now I have the flu, but I feel as I have recovered from it after just 2 days.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Doesn't anyone have anything else to contribute?

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I have heard it said that the psychological prediction for Human contact with an alien lifeform would be complete and utter fear.

At the very least, you should expect to experience clinical shock, which in itself has a variety of effects both short and long term.

Though I am curious myself, and such contact may be benign, my experiences lead me to belive this information to be accurate.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Sounds like a stealth fighter. There are a few still flying. Or B-2 depending what shape it was.

Any time I hear triangle I wait for the coming description of the white and red lights. Alien craft do not having flashing position lights.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox

At the very least, you should expect to experience clinical shock, which in itself has a variety of effects both short and long term.

What do you mean by this, clinical shock is serious stuff.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

"Clinical" as in real shock that should be treated, as opposed to "wow I was so shocked that the Giants won."

EDIT to add: Real shock possibly resulting in memory loss, paralyses, etc. I think this may be the most signifigantly overlooked part of a UFO or "contact" type event. It may not be "them" doing it.

[edit on 3/22/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
So if I wanted to help to avoid shock or the like I need to calm down, chill, and let my stress levels go down?

Or is there more to it?

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Hi.

I am always watching the skies(i am suprised i have'nt been hit by a car yet),but i have to tell you,the second time i saw a UFO it was directly above my head,it was a triangle much the same as you described and it was totally still and silent.
My friend and i did'nt hang around for too long because we both got really scared.We got in the car and drove like hell,looking behind all the time.

As i say,i am always looking ,but when you see them up close,it is pretty scary.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
If I ever have contact I hope its on my terms and they're friendly.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

So if I wanted to help to avoid shock or the like I need to calm down, chill, and let my stress levels go down?

I suppose that would help, but yes, I think there is more to it. Shock is different for everyone. Part of the inducement of shock, is the very fact that the event is so unexpected in its qualities. Therefore, if you were willing to accept it to begin with, you probably would not go into shock.

For example, I believe in the existence of UFO's on many different levels, so my shock might not be as pronounced as someone's who did not believe in the possibility at all. On the other hand, I might see some feature that made it a certainty that the UFO was indeed an extraterrestrial craft, inducing some level of shock and mental trauma, while the skeptic was unable to accurately comprehend what they were seeing and therefore simply interpreted it as a government machine, and thereby exeriencing no shock at all. Skepticism is often a defense mechanism, even if that skepticism proves to be inaccurate to the detriment of truth, and perhaps to one's own physical safety. Something like "There's no aliens in that thing," as they go marching over to it, only to wind up abducted. Which of course would induce irrepairable mental trauma, having their entire belief system shattered.

I have exerienced true shock several times in my life, and it is indeed a curious thing.

[edit on 3/22/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I'm not experiencing fear anymore, more of an indescribable feeling where I'm asking myself questions. Lots of them...

Also is it still a very real possibility that I was just afraid because its the unknown I currently believe that the craft I saw may have been one of the famed "Aurora" .

I just know that I would be in no way ready for any kind of contact and would probably lose control of all of my bodily functions if it were to happen, or I could be wrong, It could be the opposite and if the entity were to be friendly then maybe I could handle it without completely freaking but not likely.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong,it was scary,but only after we had watched it for a couple of minutes did we think,"Hang on,this is not right at all".

Only then did we take off,but it is a memory i will never forget.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

It really is difficult to predict what your reactions will be and why.

I remember when I was young, thinking that if I were ever held up at gunpoint, I'd probably mess my trousers.

When it actually happened, I wasn't nearly as shocked as I thought I would be. And have reacted about the same way each time after as well.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
But could it be possible (or very likely) that its all because of our fear of the unknown, and not what you are referring to?

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

But could it be possible (or very likely) that its all because of our fear of the unknown, and not what you are referring to?

The unknown is precisely what causes shock. The brain does not know how to interpret the mass of seemingly conflicting information it is suddenly bombarded with, and simply shuts down to the most basic and primal functions.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
But how likely is it that I possibly misidentified what I saw and is actually an aircraft? And its not related to contact of any sort.

<<   2  3 >>

join