It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheists Air Brushing History?

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

you don't have to directly witness it. you can use evidence to indirectly witness something. science isn't about having someone there to see it direct, it's about having some way of observing it through evidence.

there are plenty of murders that nobody has witnessed, but forensic evidence is still damning

Yes it is and do you know why? BECAUSE IT CAN BE OBSERVED.
The most serious problem with evolution is that much of the evidence was either "fudged" "bent" "manufactured" and "phony" and while that evidence would serve as another established fact in a phase of our evolutionary existence, other work would mistakenly be introduced as a logical step launching it from the back of bogus bunk hoax that to this day is still being used to illustrate the evolution of man in so many HS and College, University text books even after,, years an years after they had been proven false.

and again, evolution is not crap
but you've ignored my challenge to debate it and my other challenge to debunk a paper on evolutionary biology of equivalent length to the crock piece you sent me.

Well madd,, I thought about it and it feel that taking so much time in a place where it seems would only keep me pre-oocupied in an area where I see my time would be better spent in the busier public threads where Atheist's dis-information and convoluted twisted hyperbole seems to have more exposure effecting those vulnerable to its propaganda, places actually needing support.

A debate seems such an exercise in futility, as I know even after I cleaned your clock,, you would still not even say Good Luck or Good Game.

much less give up believing

in Magic.

- Con

[edit on 27-3-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

What??? A thesis is a concept. an antithesis is the opposite of a concept, the one referred to. 'synthesis' is an entirely different word!!!!!!!

Don't drop nonsense, and run....it's like 'drop-and-go'....make sense, or don't post at all!!!!

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by idle_rocker

I still have a lot more to learn (with an open mind of course), but there are universal laws that hold everything together with such fine-tuning, I just couldn't imagine that everything happened by accident. When you look at things like the fact that the earth is in exactly the right place at exactly the right time to support life, it's just too difficult to discount a design or designer.

So do you think that we are the only life of comprable complexity in the universe? I don't buy that myself, the universe is just too big and full of other planets and systems that we aren't even aware of. And the world didn't come together by accident, there is a system in place that governs how things develop. It needn't be designed, it just follows the laws of reality(physics,biology, all that other scientific stuff)

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Two opposing viewpoints. One has a theory. The other has the argument against the theory. Out of this, a smaller group emerges who have agreed to compromise. One side agrees to not pick on the theory anymore, and the other has agreed not to mention it anymore. They can even work together and respect each other's living space. That is, if there's not something bigger than both of them driving the final synthesis.

If the black pope is your earth daddy, his only goal is to use you to make the lives of non-catholic people a living hell at some point down the road, because they are/will be the only ones who will be still holding out on the whole "evolution" theory and thus will not "synthesize" and will be viewed as a force against peaceful co-existence. ( the papacy has approved evolution now, so the catholic people are free to synthesize it without fear of holy retribution).

[edit on 27-3-2008 by undo]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gigatronix

So do you think that we are the only life of comprable complexity in the universe? I don't buy that myself, the universe is just too big and full of other planets and systems that we aren't even aware of. And the world didn't come together by accident, there is a system in place that governs how things develop. It needn't be designed, it just follows the laws of reality(physics,biology, all that other scientific stuff)

I know we're not the only ones "out there" but I don't know what life form it could be. I've never had a UFO experience but I don't discount those who have. Something is definitely happening. But I'm thinking more along the lines of what Undo has written before. And I definitely believe there's a designer. I don't think physics biology, etc. came into being without "a someone" who put them all together to form the governance of the universe.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
Unfortunately, we here in the US have been synthesized almost to the brink of destruction. Not that homogenization is bad, in and of itself, but the minds behind the force that is working this have one goal in mind and it ultimately is not peace or synthesis.

You mean we/re being hypnotized by our TVs. Mind controlled into a flock etc.

Assimilated by the...

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy

You mean we/re being hypnotized by our TVs. Mind controlled into a flock etc.

Assimilated by the...

Compromise or extinction. Tis the new mantra.
You will be assimilated, that's about right.

No thanks. I gave up on the borg a long time ago.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

It's called The New World Order isn't it? Wouldn't you say it's the same thing?

One big world with one big government and one big religion? And look at the family that coined the phrase.

[edit on 3/27/08 by idle_rocker]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

If it were up to me, neither evolution or ID would be taught in school. Study it as an elective in college if you want to.Problem solved.

I am not pro creationism nor am I into ID,, I have not been as active on the boards due to a project I am working on, but I have been studying evolution 3-4 hours of reading a day for the past 4 weeks.

The point is, they aren't choosing to evolution to spite you. They are teaching science, and evolution is based on science, that's why most scientists approve of it, and the courts apparently do too. Religion has no place in a public school curriculum, science does, that's why they choose evolution and not ID.

You would think so but learning more and more the divisiveness that has been going on, not just between Creationists and AtheEvolists but other evolutionists. I can't trust it when I see such obvious tactics used to get it installed as the defacto Science and proof prima facie, of the origin of man.

I believe there is a literal GLUT of data out there that dis-proves much of evolutions claims unequivocally and had it not been for the influence and bias of the Atheist monopoly to keep changing it to fit what they were really trying to say when what they meant to say was not what they were saying before. The Science doesn't have a leg to stand on because 90% of it is predicated on the biased assumptions favouring the theory and its original purpose,

Or,, basically,,

Kill God

- Con

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology

If it were up to me, neither evolution or ID would be taught in school. Study it as an elective in college if you want to.Problem solved.

I am not pro creationism nor am I into ID,, I have not been as active on the boards due to a project I am working on, but I have been studying evolution 3-4 hours of reading a day for the past 4 weeks.

The point is, they aren't choosing to evolution to spite you. They are teaching science, and evolution is based on science, that's why most scientists approve of it, and the courts apparently do too. Religion has no place in a public school curriculum, science does, that's why they choose evolution and not ID.

You would think so but learning more and more the divisiveness that has been going on, not just between Creationists and AtheEvolists, I can't trust it when I see such obvious tactics used to get it installed as the defacto Science and proof prima facie, of the origin of man.

I believe their is a literal GLUT of data out their that dis-proves much of evolutions claims unequivocally and had it not been for the influence and bias of the Atheist monopoly to keep changing it to fit what they were really trying to say when what they meant to say was not what they were saying before. The Science doesn't have a leg to stand on because 90% of it is predicated on the biased assumptions favouring the theory and its original purpose,

Or,, basically,,

Kill God

- Con

C'mon now, Kill God? Please bring to light a quote by Darwin that says anything close to that. Now we're really getting into some radical territory, I just can't be bothered with that. If you got a quote that doesn't require any semantics or word acrobatics to fit into your statement, by all means whip it out. If not, keep that kind of crap to yourself, it doesn't help anyone and undermines your message.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

Two opposing viewpoints. One has a theory. The other has the argument against the theory. Out of this, a smaller group emerges who have agreed to compromise. One side agrees to not pick on the theory anymore, and the other has agreed not to mention it anymore. They can even work together and respect each other's living space. That is, if there's not something bigger than both of them driving the final synthesis.

If the black pope is your earth daddy, his only goal is to use you to make the lives of non-catholic people a living hell at some point down the road, because they are/will be the only ones who will be still holding out on the whole "evolution" theory and thus will not "synthesize" and will be viewed as a force against peaceful co-existence. ( the papacy has approved evolution now, so the catholic people are free to synthesize it without fear of holy retribution).

[edit on 27-3-2008 by undo]

Thank you, undo, for your response to my post.

Now....I will try to make sense of that response....

you posited, originally...thesis, antithesis...and you used an equal sign to make those two words unite to make the word 'synthesis'.

THEN, you bring in baloney about the Pope, and the Catholics....you seems to be losing focus, and jsut spouting nonsense, sorry!!!!

This seems to be the general impetus of this thread, a barely-concealed diatribe of trying to convert others to a faith, that 'faith' being of the 'christian' denomination....and I find it offensive, and not worthy of ATS.

Tim/WW

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
What is a Christian denomination? I thought Christians had denominations within their faith and Christian is a faith...not a denomination. Hmmm. have I been wrong all this tme?

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
This seems to be the general impetus of this thread, a barely-concealed diatribe of trying to convert others to a faith, that 'faith' being of the 'christian' denomination....and I find it offensive, and not worthy of ATS.

I didn't see anyone trying to convert anyone. Didn't see many scripture quotes being passed around or any preaching or apologetics going on.

In my opinion, this thread brought up many issues besides the original 'atheistic atrocities' point of rewriting history. Several members contributed many other angles of historical rewrites, revisions, and airbrushings. It actually turned out to be pretty fascinating.

In fact, this is one of the first threads in a long time in the CIR forum that actually seems like it validated its point. I'm pretty convinced now that there is a historical rewrite occurring by atheists. And thanks to a comment by NWO on another thread, it brought to mind many more examples than what was mentioned in the O.P.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

No it clearly is not except for you derailing the thread with insults.
Is someone twisting your arm and making you read it then? Or are you here to insult and abuse people only? Please stay on the topic, no one has mentioned your conversion.

[edit on 3/27/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Did I offend?

I am sorry, I never meant to offend by stating opinions that are mine, and mine alone.

I think I made that clear, in earlier posts....that what is one's mind is not to be trifled with......it is the opinion of the person, and should not be confused wth the ideas of others....

I hope I have made this clear, I apologize if you mis-understood antything I wrote...

Regards, Tim/WW

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Did I offend?

Would you like it if undo had said this to you?

Don't drop nonsense, and run....it's like 'drop-and-go'....make sense, or don't post at all!!!!

Well?

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Sorry BW, and I invite lightening down on me for saying this, but you just proved my point!!

The selection of my post, which anyone can read up above...in which I just tried to make nice....yet, you desired to 'select' quotes....it very much shows your intent, and I am sorry for you....

Best, Tim/WW

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   

It's called The New World Order isn't it? Wouldn't you say it's the same thing?

One big world with one big government and one big religion? And look at the family that coined the phrase.

The concept is alot older than the Bush family
It's just a fancy word for new Empire.
Ain't had one of those since the Holy Roman went underground.
Got close a couple times though.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Yes, we did. I'm hoping we're not headed
down that road again. *sigh*

I suspect that's the entire concept here in
a nutshell.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

The selection of my post, which anyone can read up above...in which I just tried to make nice....yet, you desired to 'select' quotes....it very much shows your intent, and I am sorry for you....

This is the full quote so the accusations of cherry picking can stop:

What??? A thesis is a concept. an antithesis is the opposite of a concept, the one referred to. 'synthesis' is an entirely different word!!!!!!!

It seems like a harsh thing to say especially when it was later followed by the preaching accusation. No hard feelings, WW. The thing is, many of us just got issued warnings and were told to play nice and are trying to watch our P's and Q's and are walking on egg shells. You might not have gotten the memo but we did and are now trying to behave ourselves. So, yes. What you said to Undo seemed pretty snarky.

It would really be nice if we could all play nice without the snide remarks and preaching and conversion accusations. That's all.

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join