It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About the Tibet situation. And yes, I am born Chinese.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

Oh, it's not that hard.

All you need to do is get some big dudes with automatic weapons, march them off down the local t.v station, and there you have it - instant control of the media.

Obviously it isn't as clear cut as that, but with a bit of practice it's really quite easy to do.

And to be blunt, i happen to think that the Chinese Authorities wouldn't think twice about doing something like that.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
You wanna know something? China is the one thats always being pushed around nowadays. Do you know how much land was taken from China during the 19th century European Imperialism and by the Japanese? Time to stand up for ourselves.

Personally, I am very uneducated on the topic of the Chinese government because the teachers here are not "compliant" with the radical ideas.

It's more about land nationalism in my oppinion. We really do not give a crap whether the Tibetans are free or independent as long as they don't take another huge chunk of land from a country that needs an intimidating factor.

If America is willing to give the Tibetans land and move them there then thats fine with me.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

That would be an ideallist's mentality, which tbh is the stuff of dreams.

Unfortunately, what you're essentially advocating we tried before with the Jews when we formed Isreal, and they've been fighting a running battle ever since they settled there.

Plus, with all the problems with the world economy at this minute it's unlikely the west can simply reimburse you the loss.

You guys just don't know how intimidating you are already, i mean; you've got the Olympics, a relatively prosperous economy, the world's largest military...

You guys really have got it going for you.

The fact that your leadership is the way it is also adds to the intimidation factor.

Trust me when i say this; Releasing Tibet will not make you any less intimidating, but it will infact make you seem somewhat merciful, which is something the Chinese government is not known very well for.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by Throbber]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I got new avatar
i ditched Alba.

I'd say that it's a realist's mentality.
A free Tibet is more idealistic, remember Woodrow Wilson? Isn't he the one that started the "Self-Determination" thing which failed?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I've mentioned this before in other related threads and will gladly mention it on this one. I completely support China in doing what it needs to do to maintain control and not give them independence to Tibet. I'm tired of the U.S. playing policeman to the world and telling everybody what to do and how to treat it's people. There are plenty of countries that have human rights issues, genocide issues, etc. The U.S. will talk tough to China and that's pretty much it. If the situation in Kosovo worsens, the U.S. can take out it's frustration on Serbia and bomb the crap out of them, again.

When is it going to stop with every stupid region deciding to claim independence? Do I feel sorry for the people of Tibet, yes. Am I going to lose much sleep over it, not really.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I was actually referring to how you could simply pick up a nation and plonk it down somewhere else being Idealist, not the idea of a Free Tibet.

Which is Idealistic, yes.

Still, they do say that Great things come when you simply believe that you can make your dreams a reality.

p.s; Aww... No Alba?

edit; Jitombe, you realise you're essentially saying that you support the Chinese Government because you don't want America to get involved?

[edit on 19-3-2008 by Throbber]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jitombe

The U.S won't play policeman to the illegal occupation of Tibet. The citizens of the world that have access to the free flow of information and KNOW what is happening in Tibet will do something.

I am supporting a boycott of the Olympics and all chinese made products as will a good portion of the rest of the world.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

You're going to boycott all Chinese made products? That is the funniest thing I've heard all day, enjoy living in a cave somewhere. You can't seriously think China is going to let go of Tibet just like that. Is the U.S. going to send arms to Tibet, how ugly does this situation need to get? We're pissing off Russia as it is. I don't want any part of the pissing contest our world leaders are having. Point is China is not giving up Tibet, Israel is not giving up any of it's land either. We have so many problems to fix here, I don't really care about the poor monks right now. Life sucks for a lot of people all over the planet.

Mod Edit: Full quote of preceeding post removed. Please see Warnings for excessive quoting, and how to quote. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 22/3/08 by JAK]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day

Personally, I am very uneducated on the topic of the Chinese government because the teachers here are not "compliant" with the radical ideas.

It's more about land nationalism in my oppinion. We really do not give a crap whether the Tibetans are free or independent as long as they don't take another huge chunk of land from a country that needs an intimidating factor.

If America is willing to give the Tibetans land and move them there then thats fine with me.

Could you elaborate more on what you mean by th teachers not being compliant with radical ideas, Im truly interested!

china needs an intimidating factor?, Seriously you need to intimidate buddhist monks and nuns and the people who follow them? you only have to intimidate when you rule by force and make choices the people are likely to revolt against.

But if they are free and independent they will have sovereignty over their own land, hence it will no longer belong to china.
But china could set up a good diplomatic give and take sort of relationship in order to have a good sharing of resources.
And serious this is highly mountainous land with extreme weather conditions, not exactly prime growing or housing development land

[edit on 19-3-2008 by gluetrap]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Would you mind commenting on this question of mine in another thread?

I would really appreciate it!

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   

China giving up Tibet to the Dalai = USA giving up California, Nevada, New Mexico, and Arizona to the Mexican illegal immigrants.

I've noticed the Chinese members of this board to a person claim the troubles are about Tibet succeding from China and becoming an independent nation with the Dalai Lama as it's head. However, this isn't the case, at least as far as the Dalai Lama is concerned.

The Dalai Lama himself has long since abandoned calls for independence and now seeks genuine autonomy and respect for Tibetan's human rights.
SOURCE (with further links).

Which is kind of ironic, considering the Chinese members love to call the American members idiots, ignorant, brainwashed or fear-mongered.

By the way, the California/Tibet argument is one the dumbest I have heard in a long time. There is no relation between the two.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I have somethings to express.
China giving up Tibet to the Dalai = USA giving up California, Nevada, New Mexico, and Arizona to the Mexican illegal immigrants.

So you compare tibetans to illegal immigrants, that's nice. Hmmm... in Tibet lives tibetans. Tibetans are not chinese, they don't speak china, do they? China invaded Tibet in 1950's. So chinese are illegal immigrants.

Once upon a time Finland was part of Russian empire and were came independant at 1917. Do you think that Russia would hav had every right to invade Finlandin 1950's? Do they still have that right? How about Sweden? We were part of Sweden earlier. Do they still have that right to invade us? How about finnish people?

No goverment has any rights over people living there. Goverment is contract in democracies. You can wipe your *** with all old papers. They are only paper signed with violence. People have every rights, goverments none, if people don't agree.

Tibetans, kurds, tshetsenians, hawajians, indians, basks or whatever have every right to be independant and live in their own country if they don't agree with their government now.

I dont like monarcies or religious rulers, but tibetans have right to have their own country and rule themselves without China.

[edit on 20-3-2008 by HoHoFoo]

[edit on 20-3-2008 by HoHoFoo]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   

You wanna know something? China is the one thats always being pushed around nowadays. Do you know how much land was taken from China during the 19th century European Imperialism and by the Japanese? Time to stand up for ourselves.

You know, you're completely right! China has never invaded another land, attempted to take land or to exert influence...

Unless you count Mongolia. But I'm going to make a leap here, and just assume you are going to tell us how Mongolia is rightfully China's too, right?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Die_another_day...I was hoping to get your opinion on the video link I left, perhaps if you could view it and let me know your thoughts, I would appreciate it.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jitombe

Some people are concerned about the well being of Tibetans and of course some are not. But it seems there is a movement building to not only boycott chinese made products but the olympics also.

I would be interested in your opinion on the link I left.

I can think of no chinese product I have ever purchased, not only because of the struggle of Tibet but because of the systematic human rights violations of chinese authorities.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I've been asking myself this many times.

What is the "true" difference between independence and autonomy? One will leads to the other.

Wanting autonomy would be almost the same thing as wanting independence, sure the political borders woundn't change but in reality it has.

In another thread someone said that China was going for the resources, who wouldn't?

Maybe China should just give the Tibetans some land similar to Israel, wait no... then the U.S. will occupy it. =o

I like the Tibetan people, I've had a few friends from Tibet.

The Dalai and CIA are working the in the interest of themselves, not the people. What would Tibet be as an independent country? A third world country and an American base.

To those people saying that I was implying that the Tibetans were "illegals" is a misconception, it's just a way to say that no country wants to lose something vital. In this case it's land, control, and morale of the people.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
After watching the video I have linked then explain to me why anyone should continue to justify the continued occupation of Tibet, at least the folks in Nevada, California, N. Mexico and Arizona don't have to worry about what you will see in the video.

video.google.com...

Ok, why are these people traveling on foot in the winter? I think it's fishy, I mean even Tibet has a mass transit system. Is the location on the border? Who was recording the video? it can't be staged like Throbber was talking about the "False-Flag" in New York?
Oh yah, maybe some people were hired to violently revolt and thus will result in being shot and recorded by the media.

Why does the text look so bolded :S?

[edit on 3/20/2008 by die_another_day]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Bravo! You were able to see it. The Tibetans were traveling to Nepal to visit with the Dalai Lama. It was not staged and was witnessed and filmed by mountaineers from various countries. There was naration to go with the footage. Why didn't the Chinese military simply arrest them instead of shooting them?

It is this type of cruelty that leads the world to believe that China would just as soon see the last of Tibetans.

[edit on 20-3-2008 by Witness2008]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Well, here we go again.
Why are the Chinese SO worried about what the rest of the world thinks anyway? Why is there SO much concern and effort to try and justify the actions of the Chinese government? If you guys feel what you're doing is right, then do it. If we feel what you're doing is wrong, we will let you know, as we have been doing. When the US is doing something wrong, the rest of the world lets us know, ALOT. And usually there is a divide here amongst our own citizens, as you can read clearly on this board, when we are doing something questionable. The thing that strikes me most here, is that the Chinese members on this board never criticize their government. I've not seen it even once. It's always in defense of the government, and always pointing fingers in EVERY other direction. Are you all that cohesive, really? Is there even one Chinaman who will come out and say, "our government is doing something I completely disagree with here." Just one? Please?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Chinese government is corrupt and irresponsible. That's true, the government never work in the interest of the people.

Right? Chinese people talks about these types of things everyday. Our government nowadays is in the danger zone, because we will have a new president very soon, and he is pretty goddamn liberal.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join