It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About the Tibet situation. And yes, I am born Chinese.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I am interested in your opinion of the video link I left.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
These protests are not peaceful. The radical ones burn cars, houses, and kill the Hans.

Find one revolt in history where the either the military or the police has not shown up in a protest.

Seriously, remember the 19th century revolutions? Governments sent troops to stop riots because it is the only way to keep the regime.

In some cases, the governments were weak and had no army, thus the rioters win.

Personally, I don't even see why the Chinese government accepted hosting the 2008 Olympics. Such a burden.

Something is going to happen in the near future, most likely during the Olympics. I'm guessing that it's going to be a terrorist attack.

By the way witness, I'm guessing that you are Tibetan? Or more likely Buddhist? I don't remember you with that flag signature.

[edit on 3/19/2008 by die_another_day]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

Ah yes, so because of a few bad eggs it's reasonable to hunt down and kill every single person those few bad eggs know of, right?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Throbber

Did they kill every single one of them? Give me some statistics from atleast 2 sources.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   

It wasn't meant as a fact, i was complaining about the fact that the Chinese Government isn't exactly negotiating terms with the radicals - no invitation to the Dalai Lama to come along and have a chat, no offer of peace within the borders of Tibet.

The Chinese Government has taken a political stance that is un-compromising, to say the least.

And of course, when faced with that kind of leadership, what can one do but express his dissatisfaction by throwing park benches through shop windows?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Well if what the OP says is actually true, then these people are involved in an ongoing war with China whether we agree with them or not. What happened in Burma, I don't recall being much different. As to how this violence plays out with the masses in China has yet to be seen, but I wouldn't doubt there will eventually be some protesting there by someone.

To think that Communism is dead in China is still wishful thinking. It would be interesting if other countries decided to boycott the Olympics due to their latest behavior against these Monks and their faithful followers.

To take away these Olympics from the Chinese now would not be a step in the right direction either. Using these people as fodder and leverage for human rights could backfire. Someone will probably pay for this embarrassment one way or another. Especially if the Olympics wasn't held.

I'm surprised this one video hasn't made it onto mainstream news yet.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Throbber

A compromising agreement between the two would mean that Tibet is winning over the most populated and mobilized nation in the world.

Look at how many people disagreed with Bush giving amnesty to the illegals, this was evident in like almost every radio newstalk channels.

Sigh... This is such a delicate situation. Puts China in a difficult position just like the Western nations dreamed.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I think it was generally accepted that China was always going to have difficulties - they more or less set themselves up for them when they started competing with the world's super-powers in terms of resource and manufacture.

I for one wonder what they're going to do in 30 or so years when what they're doing now starts having the same impact the end of the industrial revolution had on the western world.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

radio newstalk is not a good way to gauge the opinions of the american masses!

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I happened across this and thought it relevant... just par for the course I'd say pertaining to China's views on Tibetians.

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LockwithnoKey

Then it would seem things went down more or less as i had assumed.

I feel the nessecity to do something for the Tibetan people, as after all - the Dalai lama is only one man.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Most Chinese people are taught to dislike the Tibet either with good reasons or no reasons at all. Some Westerners hate Communism and China without even knowing why they hate it, but they hate it anyways because it was taught to them by parents and teachers.

I WANT VIDEOS!

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Believe it or not, i actually quite like China, at least - if you can pointedly ignore the various atrocities and cover-ups they pull in what seems like every 3 years.

I like the fact that the world is seeing the emergence of a new super-power, as for me personally i feel it represents a dynamic shift in the way world politics are organised.

But otherwise, i look at the accounts of witnesses at events such as these, and it only takes a small amount of reason to realise that for all it's courtiousness in the face of the almighty bald-headed eagle it is essentially comparable to a group of political activists getting their asses kicked by their leader for disagreing with him.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I hate what some communist chinese do, not based on what I was taught but based upon what my own eyes, ears, heart and brain tell me. You want videos? Try the video I linked a few posts back.That video will tell you why I hate the actions of china.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Explain this video to me:

And this one:

And this one:

And this one:

And all those videos on the side.

Who doesn't hate protestors?

Another video i saw a woman with the sign "Beijing Olympic, Genocide Olympic". Hold on, they're implying that a "Genocider" is hosting the olympics? OR are they implying that they want to "genocide" the olympics?

First one is propably right, but I believe in the second one.

[edit on 3/19/2008 by die_another_day]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Wait, you expect me to change my outlook because of a 1 and a half minute video with a few somewhat interesting conversations and replaid footage?

Nice try.

edit; Ah, there are more videos now.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by Throbber]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
"China has the full capability to deal with this problem"

Man this Tibet crap is getting repetitive, 2 months later will probably have the same conversation over again.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   

D_a_d, i can't help but wonder how familiar you are with the tactics used by modern police forces in riots.

I assume you are aware of the term 'false-flag', yes?

Well imagine a false-flag attack in terms of an individual ground-level scenario (like this one), except with agents posing as protestors.

Let's not forget that there is likely to be plenty of people who would use the protests as an excuse to take advantage of the system while they can - that's why we have looters, vandals and the general shebang when it comes to such chaotic situations.

There are always going to be a##holes, and just because someone says they're fighting for a free tibet doesn't mean they particularly give a crap about whether they win or lose.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Yeh, but we wouldn't know unless we waterboard them

I'm beginning to think that the CIA is doing a better job at censoring than the Chinese government if you know what I mean.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I don't blame you for saying these lies because your government won't allow you to say something else. But really, I think you really believe this stuff. We have deluded people in the West too. Often the delusions are involved with self-interest, so there is a selfish motive. But not always. Just pure delusion.

Anyway, if the Tibetans are willing to sacrifice enough of themselves to the Chinese government murderers, then they will get the olympics canceled. I wish them luck. China is an invading occupying power. Tibet is an independent state occupied by fascists. I wish the Tibetans good luck. Probably eventually the Chinese people will revolt against the corrupt Chinese government, but then the Chinese government will drive over them in tanks.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by rizla]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join