It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About the Tibet situation. And yes, I am born Chinese.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Well, if this is what everyone wants, then this is what everyone gets.

I have somethings to express.
China giving up Tibet to the Dalai = USA giving up California, Nevada, New Mexico, and Arizona to the Mexican illegal immigrants.

Hey I'm Chinese, and by the way, I don't think that saying something against the Chinese government will result in your IP getting tracked. Who ever claimed this has been successfully fear mongered.

Let me just conclude with this, do you really believe that Tibet will gain independence without a war? I don't think that America will sent it's military to help Tibet in its cause. Tibet is not a colony, it's a part of a nation, it's different from India which was far from Britain and not a part of Britain.

I must say that the Dalai Lama has changed his tactics and became relatively strategic. Smart? Sure. Smart enough? NO, enough to change Western oppinion though.

Dalai Lama is part of the CIA's campaign to hamper China:
www.nybooks.com...

Jonathan Mirsky states [NYR, June 10] that the Dalai Lama is wrong to give (reluctant) credit to the CIA for his escape from China. "The Dalai Lama," Mirsky writes, "has been misinformed…. The escape operation was an entirely Tibetan affair."

query.nytimes.com...

The Dalai Lama's administration acknowledged today that it received $1.7 million a year in the 1960's from the Central Intelligence Agency, but denied reports that the Tibetan leader benefited personally from an annual subsidy of $180,000.

The money allocated for the resistance movement was spent on training volunteers and paying for guerrilla operations against the Chinese, the Tibetan government-in-exile said in a statement. It added that the subsidy earmarked for the Dalai Lama was spent on setting up offices in Geneva and New York and on international lobbying.

The Dalai Lama, 63, a revered spiritual leader both in his Himalayan homeland and in Western nations, fled Tibet in 1959 after a failed uprising against a Chinese military occupation, which began in 1950.

The decade-long covert program to support the Tibetan independence movement was part of the C.I.A.'s worldwide effort to undermine Communist governments, particularly in the Soviet Union and China.

Hey, I've made a thread just like this before, and I've made some new friends and enemies.

[edit on 3/18/2008 by die_another_day]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

All those states should be given up to the so-called "illegals", the land was obtained on unjust premises.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
So you want to give Mexico a fourth of the U.S.?
Of course you don't.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

Don't call me a liar.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
After reading your title, I came onto your thread wanting to bash you for being the kind of person who has been spawned and apparently brainwashed enmass to make the kinds of things in this world like the china/tibet war possible...

but you didn't seem to talk from that standpoint at all... even if... you are on their "side" of things and are one of the people who help this forward in the wrong way.... I think you may be a-ok.... or... something....

and than also, if you're living in china, I completely understand... and would tell you not to go against them, cuz that's just suicide!

edit**

ack... I have no idea why I got the impression that you were some kind of evil person from your threads title.....sheeshh.... I am a wierdo

[edit on 19-3-2008 by WishI]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The difference here is that when the states were becoming the united states the California, Nevada etc willingly joined the union.

Tibet belongs to china because china invaded and occupied tibet.

But if we base this enitire argument on the idea of those states being wrongfully aquired and using unjust means against the rightful owners/occupiers then it should apply to the entire united states.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by gluetrap]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gluetrap

Sure, why not? We can't be hypocrites. I'd gladly live under the leadership of the Cherokee. It'd be a heck of a lot better than what we've got now.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by chromatico

Sure, why not? We can't be hypocrites. I'd gladly live under the leadership of the Cherokee. It'd be a heck of a lot better than what we've got now.

Me too, the cherokee have excellent educational programs, health programs and give a whole lot of money to our city. they fix our horrendous potholes, donate large sums of money to our public schools, build parks and play grounds are instrumental in bringing our community up to date and advancing the over all growth both economic and social.

ok enough of that totally off topic ranting.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Sarcastic or no?

Mod Note: One Line or Short Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
nope, not a bit

truly I see very good things in the way the tribes in our area are run.
But I am smack dab in the middle of indian territory

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Rflmao

At least if those states were given to mexico they wouldn't be at the mercy of the american economy directly....

Why is tibet so important anyway?

Is there any oil there? or gold anything of importance?

Why do china want it so bad? Meh? If they want freedom let them have it...

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ian990003100

Tibet is important because if its deeply spiritual roots. Spirituality and religion is not something that communist china wants to encourage.

The mind of a buddhist, or the zen mind, is truly free. A truly free mind presents a danger to the idealogical ruling party of Communism in
China.

It is also important because when you have millions and millions (or billions) of oppressed psychologically brainwashed people to control you certainly cant have their attention woken up by people fighting for their freedom to rule themselves.

Tibet may have been a part of china for many many years, but that was the china before communism in the 20th century.

Carolina might be part of America, but if a fascist or communist dictator embarked on a forceful take over of the country. Carolina would cease to belong to that new government as it is no longer the same country.

Things like borders, countries, territorial dividing lines, and such are products of governmental policies not of some universal right to ownership.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by gluetrap]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
After watching the video I have linked then explain to me why anyone should continue to justify the continued occupation of Tibet, at least the folks in Nevada, California, N. Mexico and Arizona don't have to worry about what you will see in the video.

video.google.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
There is no justification for China's actions regarding Tibet. only self proclaimed ones.

Just another religion of freedom being persecuted by a greedy bully, sounds reminiscent of the Holocaust to me.

And I'll add that with the control of information flow in/out of China, there is no reliable source with which the rest of us outside can trust to not be biased towards their agenda.

yep....that's what I think of that.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The people damning the Dalai Lama need to realise they are doing exactly what the Chinese Government wants - Justifying their reaction to the PEACEFUL protests.

To any Chinaman who doubts me, have you considered how much of your Government's history is truth and how much of it is not?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
If you find yourself scratching your head about this thread you should check out these;

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Let me ask you guys something. Why does everything have to come from the Chinese government?

Can't it be someone from China experiencing the situation?

Our government is full of lies, which reminds me of the US government. However, with the internet and increasing amount of leakage, most Chinese people know whats happening.

This "Dalai" is the CIA's dog until he dies.

I'm willing to bet my dignity that the whole revolution thing right now is started by the CIA.

"Hey Lama, start a revolt; don't worry were backing you all the way."

The Dalai Lama is a freakin loose cannon.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
If you find yourself scratching your head about this thread you should check out these;

I always enjoy having you in my threads. We should be friends.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

Witness, i have more intention of lighting my own farts on fire than reading through the atrocities that are being speculated upon.

Even if they are over-hyped by the western mass-media, it is impossible for every aspect of the truth to be revealed in a country that has a Government such as the one the Chinese Has.

As such, it is my belief that this action is nothing more than a aggressive attempt at removing the Tibetan people from their land.

Remember folks - all the Tibetans did was protest, and all of a sudden the Chinese military shows up out of nowhere.

But, just for fun i'll give the critics something to chew on for a while, the same way you'd toss a dog a bone;

Ask yourself about the Burmese riots, and compare them to this - and don't just dive into the nearest source and proclaim whatever the hell you come up with as soon as you do, but RESEARCH the issue for once.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ian990003100

I was informed in another thread that there is indeed oil and natural gas reserves there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join