It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Security Forces Swarm Tibet

page: 37
<< 34  35  36   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Well, guess, that i am not the only one with an English understanding problem

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
Boy there sure were a lot of words put into my intentions that were not really there. I have fellow comrades also...the way we feel and think on this matter make us so. You and chinawhite are comrades in your efforts. Have you never had a comrade? I do not think I ever used in any post the word "agent". But I do question the repetative arguments when it is obvious to me you do not understand what I have posted.

Really? So just because we share a similar belief makes us comrades? What kind of logic is that??

We all want to live. Since we feel and think the same way on this, does that make us comrades? Uhhh...didn't think so.

Maybe we hold similar viewpoints but that doesn't automatically makes us comrades. The word "comrades" most definitely implies a stronger bond of relationship than just random forumers whom are defending and opposing similar countries.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by IchiNiSan
And I'm curious why you would think our guys dislike America?

Um, just a hunch.

And on a side note, why you don't spend a little bit more energy in helping your own once-great country out of her current mess?

What makes you think you know how much energy I spend trying to help my country?

Americans really do not deserve to live in such a mess.

I agree. The Bush administration REALLY screwed things up here, it'll be years before we get out of the mess I'd imagine.

Why so worried? Actually "worried" is not the right term, we are more or less feeling that we should enlighten some of these brainwashed sould who (aka You and Witness etc) has only one-sided story access, biased stories from lying media.

I think we're both trying to do the same thing.

You know, we are very compassionate folks here, and would jump into the fire to try saving you.

Same here. Even though we disagree about our governments, I have no ill will towards your people, and would treat you the same as a fellow American.

Fortunately my superior also know that he is paying me too less to continue trying to convince people who would never listen to the other side of the story, refusing to listen or trying to understand that life is more complex and not always black and white. And will only stubbornly hold on their beliefs, their religions.

So I'm a free man now, well yeah, you do get certain privilege if you are like. You know, I am allowed even to unlimitedly access ATS, not so special though , heard that the other 1.35b (my guesses more) here can also do that, grrrr

Was that sarcasm, or an actual confession? Hard to tell sometimes.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by morgul
Look, do us a favor and stop accusing everyone of being under the PRC or some crap like that. I'm just an American father who works for a Norwegian programming company.

Sorry, I just personally don't believe you. This whole "I'm an American who was just randomly surfing and found this thread" crap is TIRED. Please come up with something else. Although I give you credit for trying to spice it up with the FBI story.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by morgul

Yes I chose to apply the term of Comrade to the efforts here on both sides. The definition is pretty generic..friend, associate or companion..one who shares the same interest occupation or activities.

Given the number of human rights violations commited against Tibetans by the PRC I think the shakey claims of china over Tibet take a back seat to any argument. Tibetans are the ones that feel the wrath of China and I chose to consider that over anything els.

Edn

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
May I propose a suggestion? How about we talk about Tibet and stop helping our Chinese friends here derail the thread. there is an ignore button

On Channel 4 tonight (UK) Dispatches: Undercover in Tibet starts at 8pm, it was filmed before the recent unrest in the country and basically shows some of the Chinese occupation of Tibet probably at its worst.

Dispatches: Undercover in Tibet

Tibetan exile Tash Despa returns to his homeland to carry out secret filming with director Jezza Neumann. Risking imprisonment and deportation, he endeavours to reveal evidence of a regime of terror in the country under Chinese occupation

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Edn

I hope someone posts the coverage on youtube. The media coverage of Tibet is weak and pathetic here in the U.S. I've been getting most of the news through periodicals, pretty nuetral stuff at that.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

What did you mean by weak and pathetic? I do agree if you meant in truthfulness.

If you want to see the true face of our media, I can pull up countless threads with solid proof such as side-by-side comparisons of original images and images edited by well-known news corporations such as CNN. Also, I can show you previous news reporters on FOX that have either quit or were fired and were removed from the air for claiming that the news corporation they work for is forcing them to report false information. (You don't usually hear about this stuff on TV for obvious reasons).

They also have some good info on it here, on ATS. Just visit the disinfo & deflection section of the forums.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by morgul
What did you mean by weak and pathetic? I do agree if you meant in truthfulness.

No, fellow "American", witness quite obviously meant that "our" media is not covering China's brutality in Tibet enough.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by morgul

Morgul I do understand how main stream media in the U.S works. Again and again I have stated that I do not educated myself on anything important in the world via CNN, Fox or any of them. Pathetic meaning they rarely cover anything of importance and when they do they stop short as to not upset the wonderful little fantasy world we are all suppose to be living in. Kind of the same thing that goes on with Chinese media.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
An update on the Dalai Lama's side of the table:

Dalai Lama envoy says Tibet is grim

The Dalai Lama's special envoy told lawmakers Thursday that China must bear full responsibility for recent violence and suffering in Tibet and said his homeland is being "brutally occupied."

Occupied for how long now? Oh that's right, the Chinese claim sovereign over Tibet. I forgot. They're part of China now.

"The situation today is grim," Lodi Gyari said at a Congressional Human Rights Caucus briefing.

Gyari, the top representative for the exiled leader of Tibet's Buddhists, called on senior lawmakers to make an "urgent visit" to Tibet to help show the world the misery there and to prevent China from "marginalizing" Tibetans.

As the Olympics won't be featured in Tibet, it looks like the West (in general) will not see the cultural genocide the Chinese are committing (destroying their culture, and assimilating them into the communist nation, quote me right if you're gonna try to say its not a genocide).

Since China's crackdown last month on the largest anti-government protests in Tibet in almost two decades, Gyari said, Tibet has become, "in every sense, an occupied nation, brutally occupied."

He called for a permanent U.S. diplomatic presence in Lhasa, Tibet's capital, and an international investigation into the violence. Gyari also expressed disappointment in the United Nations, saying China's powerful influence, as a veto-wielding member of the Security Council, was causing the U.N. to "shut its eye on Tibet."

"A brutally occupied nation." Straight from the horses mouth. I'd like to see international war crimes tribunals brought up on the Chinese, but I think we'd have to start with Bush/Cheney/Rumsfield/Wolfowitz/Rove/all neocons.

I'd like to see the UN "open their eye on Tibet." Is it going to happen? I don't know.

All we're seeing now is a pathetic attempt at a boycott of the Olympics. The opening ceremony for chrissakes, what a joke!

Let's get some Marines on the ground and see what the Chinese say about it!

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Tibetans are being used to promote Chinese propaganda. The link is an interview of a Tibetan with first and second hand information on the tactics that china uses. Tibetans can be jailed for having in their possesion any accounts of their own history.

video.google.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Police fear Olympic torch protests after China shootings in Tibet

Fears that tomorrow’s Olympic flame relay through London could be disrupted by violence intensified after it emerged that eight Tibetan protesters had been shot dead by Chinese police.

Tensions are likely to be high following the latest clashes. Chinese paramilitary police opened fire on a protest by Tibetan monks and villagers in Sichuan province, near the border with Tibet. The state-run Chinese media said that the police used force as a last resort.

Witnesses said that the clash, in which dozens were wounded, erupted after an inspection team entered the ancient monastery trying to confiscate pictures of the Dalai Lama. As many as 1,000 paramilitary police were deployed. The dead were said to include a 27-year-old monk and two women.

8 Tibetans shot dead thanks to the Chinese. It seems they aren't really worried about keeping the peace, but want the Tibetans to be quelled by any means necessary.

This will only further fuel their rebellion.

'Chinese kill eight' as Olympic torch heads towards London

Fresh clashes were reported between police, monks and locals in Tibetan-occupied areas of China last night, just as Beijing was hoping that trouble had been brought under control in time for the worldwide Olympic torch relay.

Police admitted opening fire as monks led a protest in the monastery town of Tonkhor in Gardze prefecture, bordering Tibet in the south-western province of Sichuan.

According to the Free Tibet Campaign, as many as eight people were killed, including at least one monk and three women.

I'm sure the monks were causing a great deal of harm to the citizens. The police must have stepped in and saved the town from the Buddhists. They are a very violent people...I can't even say that sarcastically because its bullcrap.

Police confirmed only one injury, to a local government official. Their version of events gave no reason for the protest, which follows three weeks of demonstrations against Chinese rule in Tibet and surrounding regions, but insisted they acted with "restraint".

"Police were forced to fire warning shots and put down the violence, since local officials and people were in great danger," an official told the state news agency.

Smell the propaganda?

China Orders 'Study Sessions' in Tibet

China's ruling Communist Party is ordering officials in Tibetan areas into political study sessions, a report said Friday, the firmest sign yet that China is using loyalty tests in areas where recent anti-government protests erupted.

The recently issued order emphasizes the need for officials to oppose Tibetan separatism, highlighting that Beijing was caught off-guard by last month's protests, the most widespread demonstrations against Chinese rule in nearly 50 years.

"The numerous party members and grass-roots officials must further launch education in opposing separatism and preserving the unity of the motherland," the state-run Xinhua News Agency said, citing a notice from the party's powerful Organization Department, which oversees personnel issues.

Yes brainwash the Tibetans into thinking that what they want is wrong and should be ignored. Freedom can only be fully realized under Chinese occupation...Wow.

FREE TIBET

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

It seems the chinese have taken to direct harrassment and threats of repoters who attempted to reveal the truth about Tibet. Given what I recieved through U2U by one particular chinese person I find this whole propaganda war to be a prelude to larger things. Threatening the lives of westerners using their personal information is pretty damned bold.

online.wsj.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

They're really getting desperate it seems. Some communist governments like China and NK's are so obvious with their propaganda that it's almost a joke, almost. I can't imagine people not seeing right through it to the evil behind it.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

top topics

<< 34  35  36   >>

join