off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

EDN wrote:

All media is biased. Media corporations from the UK, US, Russia, Poland, Holland, China, Japan, etc. they are all biased.

There biased for a few reasons, the main one is the person writing the article will always have his/her own view and no matter how hard they try to give an unbiased view they will general make a biased article, the main reason for that is news company's tend not to have strict rules on biased articles.

Difference between Chinese media and Western media is that all western media have their credibility open to public scrutiny and media who don't tell the truth soon get exposed and lose all credibility.

The second is the media company's usually has there own agenda and that is usually to enforce the views of the government, that means heavily biased news even to the point of news being total fabricated

Total B/S! Western media have no obligation to enforce the views of their Government. Maybe you're speaking about your limited experience of Chinese media ?

Fuel cell wrote

I understand that Dalai Lama does not consider Tibet is an independent country.

That is a distortion. The Dalai Lama offered a concession some time ago to stop demanding sovereignty in return for real autonomy. China declined to discuss real autonomy.

by Sy.Gunson

PS The WTO must be forced to set minimum standards of human rights before a nation can enjoy membership of WTO. That is what we need to change.

Fuel Cell replied:

I don't think that you should ask my country to fight a war against China for your independence. That is really out of our capacity. Who can fight a war against China? If you really want indenpendence, you can fight for yourself. Don't expect that others, including WTO or the Olympic Game, should fight for your independence.

First of all I am not Tibetan. Second I have no ties with Dharamsala or the Dalai Lama and how dare you suggest it ?

Second Given your lousy grammar it does not sound as if USA is your mother country so I doubt you have any entitlement to call USA your country.

More likely you are Chinese and have set up an ISP account in USA to get around the Chinese Firewall.

Thirdly I am a Westerner and we westerners have the right to discuss matters we hold in common across international borders including observance of human rights. You may be unfamiliar with it but we call it democracy.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
You may be unfamiliar with it but we call it democracy.

hahaha last sentence made me laugh. you know why? because it's so TRUE!!! no sarcasm here, it really is true. westerners "call it democracy". hint, keyword is "call it". might you kindly point out why america is truly a democracy?

also, you say you are a westerner. yet when you were mentioned as an american, you seemed to disagree. so what are you then? british?

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

It seems that my assumption insulted you. Bad to see that.

Let me guess the meaning of your "Human right" . You can freely accuse any one as a "Chinese Brigade". And anyone guessing your identity based on your signature is "How dare you". At the same post "Most likely you are a Chinese who...".

You can freely interpret Dalai Lama's official policy. And you are even not a tibetan and felt insulted by a suggestion that you might be one.

You can define that the March invasion to Iraq and an average 1500/month civilian death as "sponsored by UN". That is not a violation of human right. Then we westerners are entitled to point fingers on anybody with "human right" issues.

you are simply GREAT, so great with your "human right holder" as a judge of observation of human right.....

As for my lousy grammar,,,,, it is OK. Please don't worry for me.
,as long as I can get my degree and Diploma.

[edit on 27-3-2008 by fuelcell]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Let me guess the meaning of your "Human right" . You can freely accuse any one as a "Chinese Brigade". And anyone guess your identity based on your signature is "How dare you".

No... how dare you make up a ridiculous assertion that the Dalai Lama puts this stuff in everyone's heads that disagrees with China.

You're not a true American because however incorrectly it may be interpreted, every American is ingrained with a belief that USA is the defender of Freedom.

Human rights include:

The right to freedom of self expression.

The right to express one's own culture and beliefs.

The right to protest

The right of nationalities to self determination

The right not to be deprived of Life

The right to natural justice

The right to freedom of the press

Using live ammunition to quell demonstrations is a gross abuse of human rights and displays what a backward country China really is.

Your lack of respect or esteem for values which westerners hold in common betrays you as not being a westerner.

[edit on 27-3-2008 by sy.gunson]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

That is ok TO ME being called not a westerner. No big deal, especially to see self-claimed westerner with his "Democracy" preformance.

So. I am not going to protest. Your Honorable judge.

But, human right and demoicracy are not "tools" for some people. Human right and democracy mean "repect others as mcuh as respect yourself, somehow.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Let me guess the meaning of your "Human right" . You can freely accuse any one as a "Chinese Brigade". And anyone guess your identity based on your signature is "How dare you".

You're not a true American because however incorrectly it may be interpreted, every American is ingrained with a belief that USA is the defender of Freedom.

[edit on 27-3-2008 by sy.gunson]

By the way, my understandin of liberty is not the same as yours. It is allowed by the law. If it is incorrect, it is incorrect. Many people as I know are honest. Not all americans are like you. trust me.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Henry Deacon ... remember Him?
What he mentioned about China and the U.S.A. ??

Click HERE to watch the News Clip

Well listen carefully to the monk... Even the Monks who were praying are not real but they were fake and staged it for the press and China...

See where this may be leading?

I hope Henry Deacon's info does not come to pass..

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
HERE WE GO:

Check out this news:

en.epochtimes.com...

The Epoch Times
Repression in Tibet
Sources at British Spy Agency Confirm Tibetan Claims of Staged Violence
By Gordon Thomas
G2 Bulletin Mar 27, 2008

LONDON—Britain's GCHQ, the government communications agency that electronically monitors half the world from space, has confirmed the claim by the Dalai Lama that agents of the Chinese People's Liberation Army, the PLA, posing as monks, triggered the riots that have left hundreds of Tibetans dead or injured.

GCHQ analysts believe the decision was deliberately calculated by the Beijing leadership to provide an excuse to stamp out the simmering unrest in the region, which is already attracting unwelcome world attention in the run-up to the Olympic Games this summer.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
HERE WE GO:

Check out this news:

en.epochtimes.com...

The Epoch Times
Repression in Tibet
Sources at British Spy Agency Confirm Tibetan Claims of Staged Violence
By Gordon Thomas
G2 Bulletin Mar 27, 2008

LONDON—Britain's GCHQ, the government communications agency that electronically monitors half the world from space, has confirmed the claim by the Dalai Lama that agents of the Chinese People's Liberation Army, the PLA, posing as monks, triggered the riots that have left hundreds of Tibetans dead or injured.

GCHQ analysts believe the decision was deliberately calculated by the Beijing leadership to provide an excuse to stamp out the simmering unrest in the region, which is already attracting unwelcome world attention in the run-up to the Olympic Games this summer.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldtruth
how old are you?

Whoa, this ain't that kinda bar, pal.

all that sounded like immature kiddy talk

You're making me nervous worldtruth, 'kiddy' looks alot like 'kitty', does that make you hungry?

maybe all americans talk like that. hahaha

hahahahahahahaha

Wait, that wasn't that funny. Maybe ar Chinese tark rike dis.
Now that's funny. See how it's done?

[edit on 27-3-2008 by 27jd]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldtruth
reply to post by HowlrunnerIV

over half of your quoted excerpts were from bbc...which is probably only 2nd most corrupt after cnn.

Aha, so the BBC is lying when it reports the Dalai lama's words?
That is what you're saying, right? The BBC lies?

Let's drag this in from another thread:

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV
Is this foreign propoganda?

The Tibetan government-in-exile says that 130 people died in and around the Himalayan region during clashes that began on 10 March.

Officials in Beijing have previously put the death toll at 19.

Neither of the figures can be independently verified.

Foreign journalists remain banned from Tibet.

news.bbc.co.uk...

post is here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Entitled Is This Also Chinese Propoganda? EYE-WITNESS of VIOLENT RIOT in Tibet.

Now, you show us where this report is slanted.

The Tibetan government-in-exile says that 130 people died in and around the Himalayan region during clashes that began on 10 March.

Officials in Beijing have previously put the death toll at 19.

Neither of the figures can be independently verified.

Foreign journalists remain banned from Tibet.

and yet after maybe 7 or 8 pages you still have not answered my question on slanted media. I am beginning to believe you are just incapable of answering it.

YOUR question? You have yet to provide any refutations to what I posted.

EDIT EDIT EDIT:

You lied about the Dalai Lama. I showed that you lied. You cannot provide evidence of his refusal to denounce anti-Chinese violence, so you make unsupportable claims about my source.

EDIT: My apologies, worldtruth, you did NOT make the claim about the Dalai Lama. kv001 did. You merely disagreed with my choice of media outlet.

end EDIT EDIT EDIT

maybe I should make it bold AND italics AND underlined:

You can do what you like.

How can you still quote news from your own biased and "incompetent" media?

Because I know that the news sources I quote are fact-checked. Because I quote from news sources that constantly criticise their own governments.

The British Broadcasting Corporation and the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (nee Commission) are both paid for by the state. The ABC is paid for 100% from the national treasury. But both of them are highly critical of their paymasters. How often does Xinhua criticise the policies and actions of the Chinese government?

Why don't you answer this question:

How can you still quote news from your own biased and "incompetent" media?

and before you use the excuse, "how do you know I'm american?", I don't care, you are clearly acting like one by citing unreliable, corrupted western media.

So much for following the site's motto of "Deny Ignorance". Tell me, how is it acting like an American to quote from a British media outlet?

a debater must answer his or her opponents' questions. you fail to do so.

Wrong. A debater must rebutt his or her opponent's statements. That's exactly what I did.

Seeing as someone else decided to bring up the schoolyard, here's a lesson we learned in primary school in Victoria: Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

When you can answer your own question without looking like a, well, good manners keep me from actually using a word there, then you should be asking it. My answer is up there. Why don't you put yours on the scales and see who's has more weight?

edit: quotes and ex

[edit on 27-3-2008 by HowlrunnerIV]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by fuelcell
we westerners

Okay.

As for my lousy grammar,,,,, it is OK. Please don't worry for me.
,as long as I can get my degree and Diploma.

Well, usually you get your diploma, then your degree. If you really are a westerner, I worry for you.

You're not fooling anybody here, but please keep trying.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
In China senior lamas and the Abbots of monasteries are appointed by the communist party.

That's no secret. It's long been known that after the destruction of Tibetan monasteries in the Cultural Revolution, when China opened up to the west, the Chinese Government allowed freedom of worship and rebuilding of the monasteries.

China's Government however carefully controlled the process and appointed party cadres as senior officials in those monasteries to repress any attempt by monks to take a leadership role in Tibetan society.

The young monks in Tibet have not had the benefit of unfettered tutelage in Buddhism.

If you Chinese think liberty is what the Government lets you do, then you have no clue what democracy is.

Freedom is not what someone permits you to have.

It is a right to do what you want to do. Believe what you want to believe and not feel frightened that someone will punish you for disagreeing.

Wow China really is backward.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Kindly Mod-reminder

Please stay on topic and discuss that, not eachother.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
ok, I love researching and I hate misleading news. My strong opinion about Dalai Lama has to do with having researched about him. I don't trust him even before the riot. The fact that he has link with CIA does not help also. If you read books like Noam Chomsky "Hegemony or survival" and John Perkins "Confession of an economic hitman", you will notice that this riot has signature similar to past CIA created conflict. People can't seem to fathom the fact that Dalai Lama is capable of something this sinister. I think that is due to Hollywood created myth, the hype created by his worshiper like Richard Gere.

I think I've already express my thoughts on this issue. Maybe a bit too much for my own good.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Human rights include:

The right to freedom of self expression.

really? heard yet of america's (caps are for acronym) "PATRIOT ACT"? do you have any idea what it means for the government? simply expands america's government for more abuse.

The right to express one's own culture and beliefs.

right, except we might get peppered with accusations of being a part of some secret "brigand". i meant "outlaw group".

The right not to be deprived of Life

tell the american military in iraq that. tell them to quit depriving innocent iraqis of their lives .

Using live ammunition to quell demonstrations is a gross abuse of human rights and displays what a backward country China really is.

ok, give me one untampered picture or video of a chinese cop shooting a tibetan. this is what your messed up media wants for you to believe. that is what they tell you through text or through some news reporter. they don't have any evidence whatsoever.

how come china is only one with any evidence? at least I am able to provide pictures/videos (the REAL evidence, not just what they tell you) of tibetans attacking chinese.

whenever you are able to do that, I will believe you, ok? I think that is very fair: believe the person with solid proof.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by worldtruth

We Americans are screaming the loudest about the awfull truth of our leaders dropping bombs and shooting guns in the middeleast. After all we are being forced to pay for it. The Patriot Act here is under constant attack and I predict it won't live too far past our new President. There are pelenty of threads on the subject...find one and read to your hearts content.

You want pictures of Tibetans being shot? I give you video.google.com...

[edit on 28-3-2008 by Witness2008]

new topics
top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join