It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO captured on tape in Pasco

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

WESLEY CHAPEL - An unidentified flying object caught the attention of some Pasco County residents early Friday.

The rest of the story . . .

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Nice find Frank, It'll be interesting getting some other members input on this video. Balloons huh? Well if they are, they are tied together very well. flag for you.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Frank Warren

Interesting video. Now if we can only catch one on film in the daylight!
If this video was shot in the daylight I believe we would be able to clearly see the craft.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Many described the object -- a rotating triangle of three white lights plus a flashing red light that stayed put -- as a UFO.

Interesting video; the lights seems to maintain the same distance from each other, all through the shot; the orange/red orb appearing/disappearing is another twist . . . did the Phoenix Lights craft show up 11 years a day later in Florida?

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
WOW

Great video.

What impressed me was firstly the rotation of the object and most of all the relationship of the blinking red light to the equilateral white lights. It didn't seem to be fixed or stationary but rather seeming to follow a path around the perimeter of the object.

I hope some more video surfaces of this. Barring a blatant hoax admission, this is one of the best videos I've seen (and I'm skeptical of most of em! )

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
That was interesting....

Never seen that before, triangular with a fourth light attached to it.

It has been alot of ufo's on the news lately, yes?

Nice find Frank W

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
think of the object as an upside-down pyramid with the red light fixed upon the tip.
You can even see where the white lights pass behind the tip as it rotates!

NICE FIND

p.s. deff not a balloon to stationary

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Hum? "A deputy's report says it was a balloon"? I would very much like to see that report. I'm no expert but this doesn't look like balloons at all. None of the balloons I've seen are able to produce such clear lights like the ones on the video, not to mention that I've never seen a red blinking balloon and the fact that they stay in a perfect triangle.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
It could be a series of balloons rigidly fixed to one another at a wide distance. It's impossible to say how big it is without a point of reference, so it could be something mundane like that. My coworker's husband shot the video, and she says it made no sound so it definately wasn't a formation of choppers.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by ngchunter]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Very nice find. It will be interesting to see the follow up of this story. I too wish it had been daylight so we could see the actual object. I'm sure the police will stick to their "balloon" story, but if the residents are smart they will ask lots of questions to deflate (pun intended) their theory.

Michelle

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
very interesting video ,

there are not many logical explanations of what that could be that's for sure.

all i can say is , i live just north of that area and the ufo i witnessed back in 1984 looked something like that and originated from that general area.

seeing that video and realizing where it was gave me chills down the ole spine.

is there a reason they are interested in that specific area ?...hmmm

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Every Tom, Dick and Mary, wants to make the news.
Making fake UFO's; especially at night. When all you see
is their (navigation lights!?) is all to easy, to do.
Radio controlled, electrical driven, lit up with LED's. Frames of
models can be filled with, helium.
If we don't get a daylight video. Or at least a really spectacular night.
Then don't get excited!

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Maybe it's just me...but I just don't think a bona fide craft from another world is going to have a red, blinking "warning" light if you will. Just seems to Earthy, but hey, what do I know?

I don't know what this thing is, but it sure doesn't look like a balloon.

Great find!

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I live in Temple Terrace Florida , not too far from Wesley Chapel.

This morning 2 military helicopters flew over my house.

I thought this was odd but dismissed it and never thought of it again.

I didn't know about this sighting at that time.

People are seeing alot of these lately.

Why are they showing up in sparsley populated areas like in the country?

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Frank Warren

Another good thread by Frank Warren

Well, it's soon to jump to conclusions of course, but whatever it was, it hasn't been the first time that recently it has been spotted something like that there.

Wesley Chapel, Florida A Dark Triangle With Lights In Corners

Posted: February 14, 2008

Date: October 6, 2007 Time: 8:45 p.m.

Approach Direction: From the North. Departure Direction: To the South. Witness Direction: East.

Description: While looking almost directly overhead from my backyard, I noticed a set of 3 lights arranged in a triangle approx: 500 feet above my head. Each light was roughly shaped like a triangle and were dimly lit. I viewed the object move from North to South for approximately 15 seconds until it disappeared when it moved over my house and out of view. I raced to the front yard but was unable to see it.

Color/Shape: Triangle, dark with lights on each corner.

Height & Speed: 500 feet level from North to South at - 70mph.

Thank you to UFOINFO for this report. www.ufoinfo.com...

==================================

Posted by United States UFO at 2:44 PM
Labels: dark, lights, triangle, ufo
1 comments:
Anonymous said...
This might sound crazy, but I saw what you are describing this morning (3/14/08)at approximately 6:15 AM. I would estimate the height of the object a little lower than 500 ft, and the lights on object were blue in color. I spotted this object near the entrance of the chapel pines housing development off of curly road. More than a dozen cars were pulled over looking at it as well. This is one month to the day from your sighting. PLEASE, if anyone else saw this post a message.

unitedstatesufo.blogspot.com...

Now i would be interested in who is the deputy who claimed that they were baloons, and why he claimed so (i mean a report, as already pointed out by Radiobuzz).

Star and flag from me

[edit on 14/3/2008 by internos]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Excellent another triangle sighting.

It seems to me that they are the most common of sightings and probably the ones we have the most data on including radar.

Here is the results of a study done in 2004 by The National Insitute of Discovery Science.

As you can see the data does include Florida.

These maps are of sightings of triangle craft from three different databases put together in 2004, namely, NIDS, MUFON, and The Larry Hatch database.

NIDS Database

The sightings of Triangles appear primarily adjacent to population
centers and along Interstate Highways. From the map, the Triangle sightings cluster on both coasts.
The flight path direction of the Triangle aircraft is shown by the direction of the black arrow on the map.
If an arrow points west, the Triangle was reported flying west.

The MUFON Triangle Database

The Larry Hatch Triangle Database

Three Databases Mapped

The maps of all all three databases combined, (NIDS, MUFON and Larry Hatch) which shows more than 700 sightings on a highway map of the USA.
The sighting of a Flying Triangle (denoted by a red Triangle) and the relationship to nearby towns and cities.
The circles denote the positions of nearby AFBs.
It can be seen that the locations of the AFBs in many cases overlap with populated areas. And many of the Flying Triangle sightings also occur in or near populated areas.

Source

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
My friends, I do not want to be the debunker, but...
I work in the Wesley chapel area every day, so here goes the narrative.
This morning, March 14, 2008, myself and two co-workers were on our way into our proscribed work for the day, from the office, near Fletcher and Nebraska Ave's. Taking rte 41 north, we turned east onto Sunset, then north onto Livingston. We were about to go east again onto County Line Rd. when the fellow in the passenger seat said "Look" pointing west. I had already spotted them and didn't really respond. The young man in the jump seat said it looks like it's going to land. I then responded that if they would pay this much attention at work, I wouldn't have to check on them so much.
What we were looking at were three hot air balloons. The time was 8:00 Florida time.
The sun comes up at approx. 7:30 here and I know these balloon flights last for a couple of hours. If you care to look at the meteorological data you'll see what I mean.
And just to make my bones as a non-debunker(is thast a word?)I just yesterday dug out my old non-digital canon 35 mm camera, fresh 800 speed film and battery, and am ready for .. not hot air balloons.
to add if you google earth the loations I gave and the OP you'll see the logic.

[edit on 3/14/2008 by LAUGHING-CAT]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I live near that area. It just has to be raining outside, We cant even look for it tonight unless it clears up fast. What a bummer!!

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LAUGHING-CAT

Aren't there FAA restrictions that keep hot air balloons from flying after/before daylight hours? I'm not sure.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by VisionQuest]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Definitely not Balloons to my eye, they seemed to rotate in perfect unison so its most likely 1 object. The red blinking light at the bottom is a mystery though it seemed to maintain its position relative? Also its blinking pattern changed from a 2 beat to 1 towards the end of the video. The luminosity of the lights was quite bright too. Too bad there was no background reference for size. All it takes is someone with a night scope on a camera to catch these things so we can truly see the shape of it.
Has anyone played around with attaching a starlight amplification scope to a camera..is it even possible?!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join