It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could It Be That Sound Frequency Has the Power To Heal Our DNA?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

I know exactly what you mean. I've been in situations like that before and its almost as if, you feel like you'll loose your footing or you get that jello leg feeling.

I also had an experience like that with thunder once, it was so loud it make my knees buckle. No from fear, but from the shear loudness, it was mind blowingly loud.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I live in the UK, and it was told to me some time ago by a good friend on Sunday when the Church Bells ring all around the country calling folks to the Church, this bell had the tone of Middle C.And as many of the old Churches have ley lines and Energy Lines running down the centre of these places, I have always thought the power of God reaches out across the fields in every direction down these natural lines.Not being into music I have always wondered what frequency these Church Bells ring at ?

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

Here is a website that has an archive of a lot of Rife's works and news articles.

www.rife.org

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by michaeln

That would be an interesting thing to find out. I don't know much about music but I have heard that a singer is considered especially talented if they can hit high C above middle E. Does anybody know why this note is so hard to sing well.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
There's a reason they use heavy metal music blasted at a high volume for torture. It's disorienting! I consider myself a pretty open-minded person but when I hear heavy metal music it just makes me a-n-g-r-y. Is it supposed to? It reminds me of the stories of young men with ACDC pumped into their headphones going into battle.

I saw a fascinating program on PBS with a local woman who says she can 'hear' a disease in a person's voice. She then creates tones in a frequency that is therapeutic for each condition. Sounds crazy, but people are calling it 'miraculous'. And if it heals them when Western medicine couldn't, it IS miraculous to them.

This is the website of the people in Albany, Ohio...maybe they could give you more substantial information? I'm not sure this is even the same phenomenon you're talking about, but it seems likely.

www.seohiohealthnetwork.com... I think they used to be called "Sound Health", but I could be mistaken.

I wanted a consultation for a chronic condition I suffer with which is idiopathic (no known cause, no known cure) but she was solidly booked for two years!

[edit on 3/14/08 by themillersdaughter]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I can only say to this OP; Yes, it heals. I play the didgeridoo and do healings, or used to do, rather, and it is pretty forking obvious that
a. Sound relaxes
b. Sounds make the organs in the body resonate to the frequencies played; every organ/set of organs has its/their own frequency to which it responds.
c. Sound massages stiff and cramped muscles; try to not ralax when I blow my rhythms on your body, its impossible.
d. Sounds entrain brainwaves and make the brain resonate and can change mindstates.
e. In south america, there are shamanic peoples who use herbs and use sound to heal and to guide shamanic journeys.

As a shaman I have to say that we do not know one percent of what this planet has to offer. But if we keep our minds and eyes and ears open, we can find out a lot...much more than western society has embedded in their culture and paradigm.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I'm convinced this is true. I've been using these brainsync soundwaves for a while.
I'm not saying they heal desease and stuff but they really do alter your mental state on a positive way.

Nobody thinks of the fact that High Def resolution TV has more resolution so there are more ways to influence people ( the sheep) subliminal.
Digital Era cuts away from our analog ears and eyes away from the spectrum.

Digital is not good for the mind and soul in my opinion.
Ofcourse our masters don't want us to be able to repair our DNA

It also reminds me of researches done at curing cancer with radio waves. Even in 1950 there was a guy who cured 10 out of 10 terminal patients.
But ofcourse he was ridiculed and discredited. And now 2008 they are lookin into this matter seriously.
I'm sure the cancer medicine industry DON"T want a cure for cancer.

Curing cancer with ultra radio frequencies:
www.multiwaveoscillator.nl...

[edit on 14-3-2008 by abovetech]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I used to mess about with Biosomething, it was a tone generator for Windows (I think that's what it was called, I'll check my drives).

It was quite fun but it was a job to make presets that did anything useful. Sometimes I would download or produce something that would work fine for a bit, but then not work the next time - I think that sometimes other sounds can get in the way of the healing and mix into something unpleasant.

Case in point, I used to get MAD migraine, but I made this 'humm-o' sound that got rid of it in like 30 minutes, but the day after, I always had such a sore neck and I couldn't find a sound that made any difference to the sickness that it wasn't worth it (most of the sounds made me feel sicker).

(Next bit gets a bit religion related but you'll see why I make references, I make no bones I'm a believer, but I'm discussing the inplications, not asking you to believe or convert, this is about sound not religion).

It certainly makes me think that MUCH of maths and the universe is connected, they way almost EVERY creature makes sound of some form, that cat purring can heal, that babies feel secure by the hearbeat of their mother, that Lucifer was the 'best' singer in Heaven and music his domain (and therefore all the weirdness at Rosslyn is actually either some way of contacting him, or is his language/angelic singing language and if we could translate it, we'd be better off).

Always made me wonder why the Bible was full of singing (but no dancing of course), but if sounds can cause physical change, then continually singing, would mean massive changes - therefore when the angels fell, the song was distorted and is no longer as powerful.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sizzle
reply to post by banyan

Are you serious!? Makes you wonder about some of the things that are fed to us, huh? 'Cos we did not get to view the live study of the original test.

Edit: One good example; I listen to rock music and I'm not dead yet!

[edit on 14-3-2008 by sizzle]

I would like to point out that plants do not have heart rates and blood pressure to worry about, which heavy metal and death metal affects greatly. That is why you get so pumped, and feel angry. Also the lyrics are not to happy, and that would affect how you feel.
For example, i do not think you could listen to www.myspace.com/elysia and not feel like destroying everything around you. They are one of my favorite bands, but i can't listen to them all the time, or else i will be very depressed/angry about life in general.

I remember reading a lot about the fact that when you work out, if you listen to aggressive music you are going to tire out a lot faster, as opposed to when you listen to classical/slow/soothing music, which slows your heart rate and allows you to continue your workout without fatigue for quite a bit longer.

I stick with reggae most of the time

EDIT: the wccl network has some pretty interesting brainwave entertainment audio cds. I have purchased the sleep programming ones, however i have been having a little difficulty with their layout, because the tracks are so long my cheap cd player cant recognize the entire cd. However their products have gotten my appraisal, especially their brainwave entertainment products.

www.binaural-beats.com
www.sleepprogramming.com...

[edit on 14/3/08 by SleightlyDicey]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
An interesting topic.

One of the ways in which this might be explained physiologically is through something called DNA intercalation.

Authors Terence and Dennis McKenna had a theory that certain frequencies of sound not only encourage intercalation, but encourage a specific and uniqe type of intercalation that has direct influence on consciousness and the perception/interpretation of external stimuli. This theory draws a lot from the theory of the holographically-structured mind, the work of John Smythies(PDF), and others.

In another area, this PDF, titled Effects of Low-Frequency Ultrasound Applied In Vitro to Highly Antibiotic Resistant Acinetobactor Isolates Recovered from Soldiers Returning from Iraq states that:

Studies have suggested that LFU applied in conjunction with antibiotics may increase their overall effectiveness.

There's a fair amount of very intriguing information on these processes out there.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ejsaunders

Always made me wonder why the Bible was full of singing (but no dancing of course), but if sounds can cause physical change, then continually singing, would mean massive changes - therefore when the angels fell, the song was distorted and is no longer as powerful.

Actually they did dance in the bible.

Exodus 15:19-21

Exd 15:19 For the horse of Pharaoh went in with his chariots and with his horsemen into the sea, and the LORD brought again the waters of the sea upon them; but the children of Israel went on dry [land] in the midst of the sea.

Exd 15:20 ¶ And Miriam the prophetess, the sister of Aaron, took a timbrel in her hand; and all the women went out after her with timbrels and with dances.

Exd 15:21 And Miriam answered them, Sing ye to the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously; the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea.

Again: II Samuel 6:13-15

2Sa 6:13 And it was [so], that when they that bare the ark of the LORD had gone six paces, he sacrificed oxen and fatlings.

2Sa 6:14 And David danced before the LORD with all [his] might; and David [was] girded with a linen ephod.

2Sa 6:15 So David and all the house of Israel brought up the ark of the LORD with shouting, and with the sound of the trumpet.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

While I agree that music can assist in the healing process and or keep one well I think each person has to find their own music. Love, also, has its own vibration, as does, every thing. When unity within exists the sound is clearer and and rings more true. The voice as an instrument is a great example of this, from firm to soft, slow to fast which also has corresponding colors.

First, the Solfege scale (Greek hexachord) was used in classical music from the 700's to around the 1600's which utilized C, D, E, F, G, A. Keep in mind that music is much older and each culture had its own scale. European culture based everything around the G cleft, I am not sure of the root of this. However, other cultures had their own scale. The dominant culture promotes its own and this is reflective of the accepted major and minor scales of today, but, there are other scales.

Pianos, have regulated tuning, so that the tone is recognizable, but, one could have a piano tuned to suit themselves. People are conditioned by and to the tuning of the dominant culture so anything else would sound strange. You may want to experiment with this by listening to the music of other cultures. The library has a warehouse of free musical choices.

I have also heard it said that everyone has their own note, meaning, the sound by which they tune themselves.

Oneness heals.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by Siren]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
what we need are controlled clinical trials to separate medical myth from truth. (or at least attempt to). Some people claim healing sound works more than others, but then again, some people are more receptive to it than others. It is just as much pseudoscience as the paranormal. Personally, I believe in some aspects of the paranormal. The problem is that many in the scientific community outright deny that healing sound works whatsoever. To them, it is mystical hippy bologna. But if studies were actually conducted we would be closer to an answer.

But then some would say why do the clinical studies when many scientists believe it is ridiculous? The scientists don't want to be proven wrong, but the data should speak for itself if there are positive results. The problem is science agreeing to take the first step and the scientists holding their breath while the truth speaks for itself. The same thing goes for the paranormal. The problem isn't lack of evidence, the problem is that people need to be willing to set aside disbelief and let the truth be seen and understood for what it's worth. Modern science would be more than willing to leave the entire subject of the paranormal in the past so they aren't dogged by it ever again. But people are starting to really take notice at the face value of the evidence of the paranormal (in general) because it is astonishing and truly unexplainable.

-ChriS

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by banyan

I would guess that this is due to vibration and not harmonics. Death Metal tends to be full-on, non-stop until the song meets it's end. Classical tends to have more peaks and valleys and generally doesn't have as much consistency in noise.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
There is a German composer called Peter Hubner who composes healing music which is commercially available.

Hubner found that the cells of the body react to the musical scale used by Pythagoras (perhaps this is the same as the Solfeggio scale) and not to the modern western orchestral scale. The Pythagorean scale is flatter (lower in frequency) than the modern orchestral scale

For more about Peter Hubner and his music see :

www.peterhuebner.com...

In Chinese medicine the five main organs of the body are said to resonate
with one of the five notes used in Chinese music . Chinese music uses a pentatonic (five note) scale as opposed to the western heptatonic (seven
note) scale

The Western seven note scale can be approximated to the Chinese five note scale and the organs affected by it as follows:

WESTERN NOTE----------Chinese Element--------------------ORGANS

C---------------------------WATER----------------------KIDNEY and BLADDER

A and B---------------------WOOD-------------------LIVER and GALLBLADDER

G-----------------------------FIRE----------------HEART and SMALL INTESTINE

F and E-----------------------EARTH--------------SPLEEN and STOMACH

D------------------------------METAL--------------LUNG and LARGE INTESTINE

The above information is from a combination of information given to me and from my own research.

Recordings of traditional Chinese pentatonic healing music can be bought from a number of sources.

See www.spiritwinds.com...

for more information and examples.

Finally no discussion of music and its effect on the human organism would be complete without a mention of the Russian mystic G.I. Gurdjieff who collected a body of sacred music and dance from monasteries in the East.

Gurdjieff taught that the whole universe from finest energy to coarsest matter could be expressed in three musical octaves.

Type "G.I. Gurdjieff" into YouTube to see and hear examples of the music and dances taught by him.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by Bashibozkedi]

[edit on 14-3-2008 by Bashibozkedi]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I have heard that plants which listen to Rush grow the best, particularly "The Trees" from the Album Hemispheres, documenting the Maples plight and the tyranny of the Oaks upon them.

Not to mention the Guitar Lead in the middle of the song gives me chills.

Lyrics:

There is unrest in the forest,
There is trouble with the trees,
For the maples want more sunlight
And the oaks ignore their pleas.

The trouble with the maples,
(And they're quite convinced they're right)
They say the oaks are just too lofty
And they grab up all the light.
But the oaks can't help their feelings
If they like the way they're made.
And they wonder why the maples
Can't be happy in their shade.

There is trouble in the forest,
And the creatures all have fled,
As the maples scream "Oppression!"
And the oaks just shake their heads

So the maples formed a union
And demanded equal rights.
"The oaks are just too greedy;
We will make them give us light."
Now there's no more oak oppression,
For they passed a noble law,
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe, and saw.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Actually I have been studying cymatics for the last 5 months very heavily. Glad you brought this up. I will share some exciting finds later when I'm not at work. Cymatics IS the creation of life. Rest assured of that.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
It works both ways, apparently so I have heard the use of sound frequencies can be used to cause disease/illness as well as heal it.
Scalar waves.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Hi everyone,
I just signed in and finished reading all the valuabe additions made here, since signing off, this morning.
I applaud you all on your tremendous efforts and insights, that have contributed to this topic.
Now I will try to go back and answer individual posts.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join