It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Pastor Blames America for 9-11

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

Also of notice, pay careful attention to what is said around 01:25:

Well he said the governemt lied about creating HIV, a conspiracy theory that has a lot of traction among black people if not much connection to reality.

I still don't see the racial hatred everyone is going off about.

Complaining that blacks have historically faced racism in the US at the hands of whites isn't "racism."

It's pointing out a simple fact that some people would prefer to ignore.

[edit on 3/15/08 by xmotex]

quick question for you!

do you belive that hiv thing the rev said at all? or see any truth in it?

maybe blacks have faced racisum in the past, but it was all in the past and certain idiots in all race's just cant let it go and keep it very much alive, how can he be a man of god and state all thos things like jesus tourt me to love thy ememy and forget the other ones like to forgive & forget

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   

do you belive that hiv thing the rev said at all? or see any truth in it?

Nope.

And I don't think harboring political bitterness, which this guy clearly does, is the same as promoting racial hatred, which is what people are accusing him of.

He's an old black man, the naked racism that fought against civil rights is still a living memory to him.

Which I think is the main difference between him and Obama.

Obama isn't bitter the way this guy is, because I don't think he really has faced a lot of barriers due to his race. He's been extremely successful.

Which is proof that we're making progress IMHO.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Not sure what a brown coat is?(university i hope),.But here in the U.S.A. you can't have the news on and not see three or four clips of this preacher reaming the U.S. and whites,with most the congregation doing a standing ovation.

If you are looking for links i'm soory,if you live in the U.S. turn on the t.v.!!! If you don't have sat. feed,? what can i say,you can't get all your info through the computer.Some people use multiple venues.

THis guy gets more bang from someone elses bucks preaching hate than my whole county preaching love.

I know how you get attachments to your church,but when its right up there with Jim Jones politically,ditch the low life and get off the cool-ade!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Wait, this was:
The same pastor that baptised Obama's children?
The same pastor that married Obama to his current wife?
The same pastor who's church Obama has attended for the last twenty years?

To those that haven't been hypnotised by Obamadness, it's obvious that Obama either holds similiar views to the pastor, or is apathetic to the pastor's views.

Hell, the whole church screams "Afrocentrism" - those "black values", and that "desire to develop Africa" (maybe Ron Paul should've championed "white values", and a "desire to develop Europe"?
)

Then again, why should I be surprised - Obama does believe the black African father that abandoned him as a child had a "greater influence" on his life than the white mother and grandparents that raised him.

Does anyone else here think that Obama is playing the "Tragic Mulatto" stereotype well?

[edit on 15-3-2008 by Chaoticar]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

i know where you are coming from, he has probly been though alot but he has not forgiven and moved on we have all had hard times, hes pushing it to other's inciting more people who have not been exposed to this sort of thing to stand up and get anoyed about something thay otherwise would not have i mean look at some of the people jumping for joy in the room hes just making things worst is he not?

no need for that imo

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mule skinner

I've seen plenty of quotes from fiery sermons about the evils of racism and oppression, not one word of the "anti-white hatred" you guys are talking about...

Again, give me a quote that qualifies as "anti white hatred," and I'll buy that this guy is the monster Faux News is making him out to be.

"Browncoat" is from the TV show Firefly.
The Browncoats were fighting for independence against a brutal & corrupt interplanetary empire formed by the remnants of the US and Chinese governments, the Alliance.
They lost.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   

reply to post by mule skinner

I've seen plenty of quotes from fiery sermons about the evils of racism and oppression, not one word of the "anti-white hatred" you guys are talking about...

Again, give me a quote that qualifies as "anti white hatred," and I'll buy that this guy is the monster Faux News is making him out to be.

trust me he is anti-white = racist he tarring every whiteman with the same brush and blaming every white man for his problems basically and insiting more anger to other because of his hate, wot have i done wrong or is every rich white man as he say thay are... no, so he being hatefull to a race as a hole = racist thats wot im getting at not the fact, he called anyone a white asshole or wot ever it is black people call white people when being racist, i have no idea,

but i did feel very offended when hering his rants as did many other white people, people feel offended buy thos claims of his thats all im saying, we have all just been judge as a evil race that cares nothing for nobody and only cares about money, when white nations are the most multicultrule in the world and help disater areas and poverty all over the globe, i just find that insulting and hard to swollow...especially when he claims we engineerd & caused the AIDs virus on black people,

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   

"Browncoat" is from the TV show Firefly.
The Browncoats were fighting for independence against a brutal & corrupt interplanetary empire formed by the remnants of the US and Chinese governments, the Alliance.
They lost.

Ah hah! Right on, I was wondering if that was a Firefly reference! I figured it was for something else though :p Hah, I loved that show, and the movie
I have been thinking about buying the coat from a site called abbyshot for a while now hehe.

Anyways, sorry for the OT

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

trust me he is anti-white = racist he tarring every whiteman with the same brush and blaming every white man for his problems basically and insiting more anger to other because of his hate, wot have i done wrong or is every rich white man as he say thay are... no, so he being hatefull to a race as a hole = racist thats wot im getting at not the fact, he called anyone a white asshole or wot ever it is black people call white people when being racist, i have no idea,

Speaking of no idea. I donts gots no ideas wot you just says.

Can you quote Obama exactly and link references so we don't have to trust your word?

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Ya,Firefly loved the show and its concept,work and show times didn't jive.

This has to take some wind out of Obama's sails but i say there are more that can't stand the thought of Hillary(the finger nails on the chalkboard,nagging wife),that will do her in if she takes out Obama.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mule skinner

This has to take some wind out of Obama's sails but i say there are more that can't stand the thought of Hillary(the finger nails on the chalkboard,nagging wife),that will do her in if she takes out Obama.

Nagging wife?

What do you mean?

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

not obama... his pastor im talking about? the insane rev

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Ah okay, my confusion then. So then what's your opinion on Obamas position? How much influence do you think this pastor has on Obama?

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Ah okay, my confusion then. So then what's your opinion on Obamas position? How much influence do you think this pastor has on Obama?

honestly,

i thort originaly he was a good guy with good intentions but of course, as the light starts to shine on people you tend to see a new picture develop, and i really wouldnt know at this point" to put full trust into somebody with thos connections and tyes to someone with thos views, god knows how much junk & conspiracys obama has taken in over the years from this man?

then again i really dont care who gets in as i do not have to vote or worry about it like you americans do, but know if the wrong guy/women is elected it will effect us all,

if it was al gore instead of bush maybe he would of done something about climate change instead of bush taking you 2 iraq & us

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Here's what Obama had to say during an interview:

Q: I don't know if you've seen it, but it's all over the wire today (from an ABC News story), a statement that your pastor (the Rev. Jeremiah Wright of Trinity United Church of Christ on Chicago's South Side) made in a sermon in 2003 that instead of singing "God Bless America," black people should sing a song essentially saying "God Damn America."

A: I haven't seen the line. This is a pastor who is on the brink of retirement who in the past has made some controversial statements. I profoundly disagree with some of these statements.

Q: What about this particular statement?

A: Obviously, I disagree with that. Here is what happens when you just cherry-pick statements from a guy who had a 40-year career as a pastor. There are times when people say things that are just wrong. But I think it's important to judge me on what I've said in the past and what I believe.

source

So why blame obama for what someone else said?

Smear tactics, pure and simple - something that has been used extensively against him:

He's a Muslim. He was sworn into office on the Koran. He doesn't say the Pledge of Allegiance. His pastor is an anti-Semite. He's a tool of Louis Farrakhan. He's anti-Israel. His advisers are anti-Israel. He's friends with terrorists. The terrorists want him to win. He's the Antichrist.

By now you've probably seen at least some of these e-mails and articles about Barack Obama bouncing around the Internet. They distort Obama's religious faith, question his support for Israel, warp the identity and positions of his campaign advisers and defame his friends and allies from Chicago. The purpose of the smear is to paint him as an Arab-loving, Israel-hating, terrorist-coddling, radical black nationalist. That picture couldn't be further from the truth, but you'd be surprised how many people have fallen for it. The American Jewish community, one of the most important pillars of the Democratic Party and US politics, has been specifically targeted [see Eric Alterman's column in the March 24 issue, "(Some) Jews Against Obama"]. What started as a largely overlooked fringe attack has been thrust into the mainstream--used as GOP talking points, pushed by the Clinton campaign, echoed by the likes of Meet the Press host Tim Russert. Falsehoods are repeated as fact, and bits of evidence become "elaborate constructions of malicious fantasy," as the Jewish Week, America's largest Jewish newspaper, editorialized.

source

Politics is a dirty business, as everyone knows - but really, most of the smears are laughably transparent and under other circumstances would be treated with the contempt they deserve.

The problem is, I've even seen it here on ATS, where people really should know better.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski

- Because he sat in the pews for 20 years listening to it instead of getting up and leaving. This means he agreed. If YOU were sitting in a pew and things were being said over and over and over and over that you disagreed with, you would not be able to stomach it and you'd leave. Obama didn't.

- Because he donated money to Wright and his church thus enabling the guy to futher his hate speech and hate agenda. You don't donate money to a cause unless you agree with it.

- Obama counted among his friends those parishoners that you see (in the videos) jumping up and down with glee whenever Wright said something anti-America and/or anti-white (or anti-Jew).

- Obama claims Wright is his spiritual advisor, his mentor, and that he's 'close to him like he's an uncle' (he said that on TV last night).

So while you can't blame Obama for what Wright said (Wright is his own person so he can speak for himself) - you most definately CAN blame Obama for sitting there decade after decade, and for donating to Wright's 'cause'. You CAN blame Obama for the lack of intelligence to pick Wright as his 'mentor' and 'spiritual advisor'. You CAN blame Obama for picking Wrights words to use as a title to his book 'Audacity of Hope'.

You can also blame Obama for being a typical politician (instead of one of 'hope' and 'change') .. he made the excuse that he didn't hear these things from the pulpit. - Poppycock - They ALL knew exactly who the pastor there was. They ALL knew exactly what he was saying and even put his speeches on DVD and CD to sell. They ALL knew exactly what this guy stood for when he gave Farrakan (the biggest anti-white/anti-Jew racist in this country) an award for being so 'brilliant'. Obama is trying to play dumb with this. But it doesn't fly. He knew. And that means he isn't a 'change' or 'hope' politician .. he's just like the rest of them - a liar.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

- Because he sat in the pews for 20 years listening to it instead of getting up and leaving. This means he agreed. If YOU were sitting in a pew and things were being said over and over and over and over that you disagreed with, you would not be able to stomach it and you'd leave. Obama didn't.

- Because he donated money to Wright and his church thus enabling the guy to futher his hate speech and hate agenda. You don't donate money to a cause unless you agree with it.

WOW someone with there eye's wide open, congratz and a star for you sir i honestly thought i was talking to a brick wall, for a while, and didnt think anybody was understanding my logikal points

another way to look at it is simply....

wot iran does for iraq insergents & wot pakistan does for al queda imo

[edit on 15-3-2008 by BRITWARRIOR]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I agree with a lot of what you said there FF - but listening to it and thinking the same thing are different.
I'd also bring up the issue of peer pressure - a politician cannot afford to alienate people by making a stand like walking out, and nor can he afford to distance himself from "his" church - although he seems to have been at pains to point out that they are not his own views...
With that said, there is a lot of hypocrisy in this on both sides.

Which is pretty typical of ALL politicians.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

congratz and a star for you sir

Thanks. (oh .. and I'm a girl.
)

a politician cannot afford to alienate people by making a stand like walking out,

Well .. he'd alienate some folks, but he'd also make others happy. Of course, considering the type of folks (anti-American/Anti-White/Anti-Jew bigots) he would have alienated by walking out of that 'church' ... from where I sit it would have been no big loss.

Apparently the friendship of anti-American/anti-white/anti-jew blacks is more important to him then anything else. Sad ... really sad.

he seems to have been at pains to point out that they are not his own views.

Yes. NOW he is saying that. But for 20 years he was able to sit through that junk and stomach it (whereas you and I would have thrown up and ran for the door even on the first day of hearing it). If they weren't his views, then he wouldn't have picked Wrights sermon to be the title of his book... and he wouldn't have picked up Wright as his mentor.

I'm not buying this 'they aren't my views' .. the facts say otherwise.

Which is pretty typical of ALL politicians.

Which is my point. He's just like all the rest. He isn't a 'change' or a 'hope' politician. He's just a liar with an empty resume.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

That can be said of all politicians - and as you know, that type of person is not really my cup of tea.
The hypocrisy seems to infest anyone who has a political position in any walk of life and any profession where politics plays a role - admittedly the professional politicians are worst.

I suppose it comes down to picking the best of a bad bunch, which is no choice at all really.

I agree with what you say, but you must remember that devils advocate is sometimes my favourite position

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join