It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Pastor Blames America for 9-11

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Obama's Pastor Blames America for 9-11

www.wmal.com

Sen. Barack Obama's pastor says blacks should not sing "God Bless America" but "God damn America."

The Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Obama's pastor for the last 20 years at the Trinity United Church of Christ on Chicago's south side, has a long history of what even Obama's campaign aides concede is "inflammatory rhetoric," including the assertion that the United States brought on the 9/11 attacks with its own "terrorism."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.abcnews.go.com
elections.foxnews.com

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
In the original link I have posted, there is an audio link you can click on to here his rant. It is located at the top of the article.

The 3rd link that I have provided does not correlate directly with the "Terrorism Rant", but it does contribute in displaying the character of this preacher.

Here is a Video which was also released, which yet again goes to the very core of the character of this Pastor, and proves that his rants are noting new:

www.wmal.com

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

America was to blame for 911. But only elements of it. That's because elements of the US government were A). complacent and B). involved.

I'm not blaming the US for reasons this man stated. (EDIT: I guess I said pretty much the same thing with different wording). Nonetheless, we were responsible.

Another reason for the 911 attacks (the traditional reason) was due to our support of the Israeli regime and our foreign policy.

I think pretty much all of it has some elements of truth.

[edit on 3/13/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The attacks of 911 were the culmination of 50+ years of failed policies in the Middle East and its naive to think otherwise.

We are responsable for proping up dictators like Saddam, diposing democraticaly elected leaders like Mossadeq (just search ATS for Operation Ajax) EUrope, the UK and the US have all played a hand in incubating then fanning the flames of Islamic radicalism.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Makes me wonder if Obama has let anything slip from his conscience during confession?

A prompt for a subliminal and subtle release of information in plain sight, maybe even subconsciously without realization.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Stagnation is for for mosquito larve.
Progression is for people!

P FOR P!

PP On America! We need a PP march!

"While the insurgency gathers far across the sea,
Let us swear allegiance to a new type of order,
Let us all be grateful for a land so logical,
As we raise our voices in a solemn condemnation. "

God Damn America,
Land that I loathe.
Stand on top of her, and stomp her
Thru the night with a knife from above.
From the mountains, to the prairies,
To the oceans, white with rabinous foam
God Damn America, My hell sweet hell.

Cheer it with me!
We don't need no water let the MF Burn!

Just as we threw away the articles of confederation because they did not work, we must work to advance. We must advance to a new type of order.

A NEW WORLD ORDER.

I think it's about time we throw away the constitution!

We've done it before with no remorse, lets do it again for much recourse!

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Admitting that the 911 attacks were a consequence of interventionist US foreign policies over the last decades is not the same thing as saying that the 911 attacks were justified.

For those who say it was because they "hate our freedom" - if you noticed, they didn't fly those planes into buildings in Geneva or Stockholm.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Take it however you wish I personally don’t care for any of the candidates that are given to choose from. Though I guess Obama is the least evil.

Given that though I see this as nothing more than an attempt to sling mud so to speak. I really do not care what his pastor thinks or says it does not mean that Obama is right there in the same belief.

Now that I have said that, I would have to agree that there are points and reasons America can be to blame for 9/11. Maybe not the citizens so much but surely our great representatives and their ever so sweet workings (medaling) in world politics.

As I said take it however you wish, but really this is mudslinging.

Raist

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
xmotex,

Point taken. There is really no proof any Islamic terrorists flew planes into the building anyway, but I suppose that's a whole different discussion topic.

Bush brought up the whole they "hate our freedom" line and look how far that's gotten him...The US military is bogged down in 2 foreign wars and we've lost significant civil liberties.

So, wait a second.

Who exactly hates our freedom, Bush or the supposed terrorists we're fighting? I forget sometimes as I confuse the Bush Administration with terrorists.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I'm not a Democrat, and not an Obama supporter. But making him have guilt by association is stretching things a bit. Hell, I think my dentist is gay, but my wife has never objected to the work he does. My mechanic is certifiably nuts, in so many ways, but the vehicles run when he finishes, so I keep him. The local grocer served time for income tax fraud, but the veggies are nice.

Are we not reaching, and the media that reports such things, when we go to these lengths? What is there, six degrees of separation for everybody? If that's true, then we're all just five people between us and Osama bin Laden. Maybe this preacher is in the middle somewhere.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
This man also say "God D@#& America" and "Hillary has never been called a N-word".
If this man is Obama's mentor, how does Obama expect to unite the country if he doesn't denounce this preacher of hate?

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Any Preacher who can use that kind of language is not a man of God.

So he’s not preaching for God. The Father of Jesus, Abraham, Isaac, Moses. He may be a preacher but not the for God.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
While he's right about 9/11, he's dead wrong in saying God damn America!

God needs to bless America, and Americans need to ask God for a helping hand. Americans until recent years have done much good around the world and welcomed anyone who wanted to come here with open arms, sounds like the pastor is an uneducated nut with little more than an internet credential as "Pastor"

The 9/11 bit, well, that;'s kind of common knowledge now?

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I think you make a great point. I like Obama..A LOT, but this worries me. The Pastor has the right to say whatever he has to say, but for Obama not to strongly denounce it or better yet distance himself from a person with such an irrational way of thinking says something about Obama's judgement and at worst that he might agree with the words of this person.

For Obama on this one.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Regarding the pastor, he is a bit racist , kind of slams everyone white europian, while white people with origins from europe votes for Obama.
I too want Obama to win, but this with black power... we won is kind of out dated.

[edit on 13-3-2008 by pepsi78]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

I was willing to overlook the fact that Obama does not follow proper protocol during the singing of our National Anthem, but now I am really beginning to wonder what he plans on doing to this country if he gets elected.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Really? I have not notice that at all, better pay attention better. I think that many people that like Obama, like me, but are objective can say that we dont know everything about the man, especially his personal character, the good thing is that know he is going to be more scrutinized more stories like this are going to come up and I'm open to hear them and analyzed them.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Few people realise what a critical point we have reached in our history.

I liked Obama at first. He's charismatic and charming. He's a good speaker and someone new. Something just didn't click though.

First it was the people fainting at his rallies and then the Messianic Obama propaganda.

Now though I can clearly see whats going on.

There's a phrase, a wolf in sheeps clothing. Well Barack Hussein Obama is something worse.

He is a Serpent in Shepherd's Clothing.

This anti semitic, hate filled pastor is not only Obama's pastor, but the one who married Obama and his wife. He is the one who baptised his children.

People say but dont associate him with his pastor. I say this as a Jew as an American. If a Political Candidate went to a place to hear David Duke speak, we would judge him. I would judge him. This so called Man of G-d who calls upon G-d in vain to damn America, who is filled with the same irrational hate as any Nazi, is a Serpent in Shepherd's Clothing.

No one who stands for peace, who stands for equality, and who stands for freedom of all races and religions would dare support someone that sat and listened to David Duke for over twenty years. No one would support a person who had David Duke consumate his marriage or bless his children. No self respecting American of Jewish faith would dare support one who has sat and listened to an Anti Semitic Anti American who blasphemes as that pastor does.

I see clearly now and I encourage others to stand up and speak out.

If you are an American, If you are one who follows Judeo Christian traditions that helped lay the foundation of this nation, If you stand for liberty, equality and fraternity among all humankind regardless of race or creed.

I encourage you to stand up and speak out. I dont care if you vote for McCain or Clinton. We know them. We know who they are and how they operate. This stranger who listens to blasphemy, who appears as a Shepherd and speaks as a Serpent. Do not be lead astray, these Serpents are not true followers of Dr. King. They will bring only harm and ruin. They will tear this nation apart.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
9/11 is a sketchy topic, I know this.

Look, to say we are not to blame at all is just ignoring basic facts. OBL threatened us for years of attack. We did not just get blindsided by a group of people who "hate freedom".

We have taken many offensive actions on Muslims.

As for the attack itself. It was not the correct way for the Muslim's to alter our policies in the Middle East. I understand it, but it wasn't right. Here's why:

It only gave politicians more excuse for military presence.

Unfortunately for Muslims, there wasn't much of a way to get through. Americans as a whole are too busy or dumb to care or know the plight of the region.

So they chose to attack. To me, I think if there were going to do this, they should have targeted only the military, and not civilians. Again, this enraged the country.

Now, to connect the dots. We have policies currently implemented in the Middle East that make absolutely no sense, unless they have to do with oil and controlling the region. Due to these policies, we have given Muslim extremists recruits.

There are always extremists. Just look, there are Christian extremists right now saying that we need to basically destroy Islam. Fortunately, Christians and Americans in general are not under extreme duress. If we were, this guy would seem to have legitamacy, and would begin to gain recruits.

After all this, how did we help cause 9/11?

We helped Islamic extremists recruit the people who attacked us by having silly policies implemented in the Middle East for the sole reason of greed.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen

In the original link I have posted, there is an audio link you can click on to here his rant. It is located at the top of the article.

The 3rd link that I have provided does not correlate directly with the "Terrorism Rant", but it does contribute in displaying the character of this preacher.

Here is a Video which was also released, which yet again goes to the very core of the character of this Pastor, and proves that his rants are noting new:

www.wmal.com

that video has really offended and angerd me...

this guys sounds like hitler preaching about the jew's... and if im honest this guys really needs "shooting" if he is abama's mentor god help you americans if he is elected and gets into the "white" house ;`), because a cival war or ethnic clensing will be nocking on your doors soon after, i can understand why the black man feels this way but lets get facts straight jesus was not a black man nore has there ever been a powerfull black nation in history its the only race that has never been a powerfull civilized nation for good and obvious reason imo same reason theres allways black on black crime? or do we just look at the state of africa,

if you feel that way it because your living in a whitemans nation built buy "WHITE" europian settlers years ago, and your complaining like the white man has kept you slaves in your "OWN" country lol, i thought we was all done with this white/black issuse years ago but clearly not, the blacks just cant let it go Jealousy & anger is still very much alive in there poor toucherd souls, how is this a man a man of god wot god? the god of hate thats wot im hering

i realy hope all blacks do not feel this way deep down inside otherwise theres some terrible days ahead for the world when the penny drops jeez this guy is deluded and should just stop talking for his own, and peoples good,

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join