It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Pastor Blames America for 9-11

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Good people black & white are dying needlessly in africa and elsewhere.I'm saying he's stirring the racial pot to no advantage of anyone.
He wants to be an activist fine,dont use the pulpit,lots of people take a preachers word to heart much more than an activist.

CX

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Hannity and Colmes (did I spell their names right?) are having an 'all-out' on this at 9:00 eastern tonight.

I haven't ever watched them .. but tonight I might. Isn't Hannity on the right and Colmes on the left? Something like that?

Anyways, they are supposed to have lots of clips, etc etc

I would'nt bother, Hannity is as bad as the rest of them on Fox.

Tonight he ducked and dived questions from the guests, but when they relied to his questions with something he did'nt like, he just keeps saying that they are ducking the question and they get cut off.

Obama was on there tonight too, and he once again said that the comments from his pastor were unacceptable. I don't think the guy can do much more really.

This evening i made the mistake of watching Fox News for about 4 hours non stop. In that time, just by listening to Hannity and Colmes and the ever an idiot O'reilly, i have increased my hatred for that unfair and unbalanced pile of rubbish show tenfold!

CX.

[edit on 14/3/08 by CX]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
reply to post by mule skinner

Err, he's been pretty brutally critical of the US government, but I haven't seen any quotes that would qualify as "racist".

Saying that rich white people mostly run the US isn't racist, it's simply a fact.

sounds like to me he is stating "FACTS" that he himself "HATES" he's clearly angry with the fact there are white rich people running the country wot does he expect, he lives in a white country and expects it to be a blackman's country lol mind-boggling stuff, this in itself speaks volumes he hates white people clearly and has a huge chip on his shoulder open your eyes,

can you realy trust a man who is close to a guy preaching hate like this? he reminds me very much like a muslim preacher in london saying the same things how british people deserved the london attacks, abu hamza was his name he was kicked out of the country and sent to the u.s and was close with the 7/11 bombers, or had some sort of links,

not that thats the case with the rev, but just pointing out could you realy trust one of his close freinds running your country? you need a true patriotic leader, not one with a secret agender, if you think things are bad enuff with the minority getting more rights lol wait for obama to step in office, your lose alot more of them IMHO

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Again, where's the hate?

All I hear is you guys ranting and raving, but nobody can point out anything this guy has said that qualifies as racial hatred.

This is not a "white" country, BTW.
This country belongs to everyone who lives here, white, black, brown, whatever...

[edit on 3/14/08 by xmotex]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

I pretty much agree with Obama's pastor. You know he's right on what he said during his rant. Only a closed minded white person would be offended and there are plenty of them out there. Rich white people rule this world along with the Vatican. Hillary was never called the n word, she's been called every other word though and deservedly so. If anything, the pastor is a conspiracy theorist. I'm sure he's on some watch list and has been on it for some time. I'm sure pres buttmunch got all heated up when he saw the video, you know he watched it.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
how many time's do i need to say it, read my posts lol

wot videos have you actully watched then? lets just say the pastor was not american and come's from erm i dont know somewhere that is a know enemy of yours the U.S etc, would you still feel the same way? i find it even more worrying that hes a u.s Citizen, so im guessing your not a patriot and care little for your nations future, because terning blind eye's to these sort of rants will only end up with a told you so and full stop.

like someone said on here before obama is close very close with this man sure it dont mean he shares the same thorts does it! of course not!, but it does mean he sympathizes with him or at least agree on some of his points. and there all anti-white issuse, that being racist in my books,

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
God help us all when people have the idea any news show is so biased that its too offensive to watch. Have you only watched what you agree with?I don't watch soap operas but they are mindless drivel,any news station at any time has the same news except the times they have the opinion shows.They all have them even HNNthat has the Showbiz Tonight running half the day(i know who you watch),all three at one time or anouther has shown more than the OP.s video.These parishioners gladly drink the cool-ade with glee,how do they view their white coworkers the next day?Can you pick and choose?If the black and white scales were tipped would you show the whites how a just and equal society should be run.
I hope to god you will. But not with this man as your ambassador!

Discuss among yourselves.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

I have been reading your posts, and I have yet to see where the guy said "kill whitey" or anything like it. You think the guy hates white people but you can't point out any specific reason why you think that.

Quote something he said where he says whites are inferior, innately evil, or anything like that... if you can find anything like that, that would qualify as "anti-white hatred" to me.

All he said that I have seen is that whites have ruled this country pretty much exclusively, to the detriment of black people. Sure he delivered it in a fiery tone, like any good Protestant preacher, but that's all he really said.

If you think stating an obvious historical fact is "racist", I don't know what to say to you

Real "patriotism" doesn't mean always saying your country is right.
Real patriotism is trying to make sure your country does the right thing.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

common dude, wot he's ranting about is wrong, if that was a white man preaching about black people and there baggy cloath and black on black gun crime and saying there are 2many rich black football & basketball players in this country "and" being a mentor to hillery clinton "WOT DO YOU THINK WOULD HAPPEN" lol

is it realy the whitemans fault there the majority in there own country built buy europian settlers, of course not!

is it anybodys fault for being rich? and not all white's are rich are thay? infact black people in america are richer than 90% of the world including whites, other blacks, asians, middle easterns, all over the world and thats a fact!!!

he has extreamist veiws and clearly has a chip on his shoulder against whites I.E hes anti-white & racist IMO

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I haven't read any of this thread, but felt compelled to comment; so my ideas may be redundant. I've been following this story since it broke, and I think I know most of the necessary details. That said, Obama's pastor made a lot of incendiary statements, no one can argue that. Perhaps many, will view them as Anti-American and racist--the latter I do not see, but many Conservatives will argue otherwise. Regardless, they've got Obama in a pickle. Many people may think will/should sink Obama and his campaign--eh, perhaps. However, my real beef with all this--superficially, as I've yet to delve into the intricacies--is the spin the GOP and conservative supporters put on anyone that questions America's role in the way nations, rogue nations or terrorist organizations treat America. Apparently Obama's pastor implied or outright stated that America was at least partially to blame for the 911 attacks...Now, no one put a gun to the terrorists' heads and told them to kill thousands...but perhaps America's actions in the world were a catalyst to the events. Is that so out-there? That one's actions could influence the reactions of someone else? Understand that I am NOT excusing terrorists, just as I think Obama's pastor was not excusing terrorists. I believe that the terrorists were evil. I believe had they survived their acts of terror that the US should have executed them. I believe Muslim extremists ARE a threat to WESTERN security. What I HATE about this whole affair is how conservatives are USING it to maintain a monopoly on patriotism.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
If you can't quote me something the guy said that's racist, how the hell can you keep saying he's racist?!?

What did the guy say, specifically, that is racist?
Just give me a quote, please, so I know what the hell you're talking about!

He's a black preacher, preaching about racism, among other things.

What exactly is so shocking about that?

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
In two days every news cast will have story after story to heal the wounds that this has created.
Only to salvage the dems. in their little race war(and only talked up by the left),still played 24/7 on all the news to no end!Back to the leftout states for votes(boo hoo),glad one had a dem. gov.or the sh** would have really hit the wall.
Obamas pastor retired thats a joke,now holds a higher position in the church.You don't switch the flavor of the cool-ade in midstream.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Threadfall

i agree with you on most points just alil of topic...

but it all boils down to the fact if america has pis**d of people in the middle east, so surly the targets must have to be millitary & government not taking out 2000+ innocent people just to prove or raise your issuse, same with london innocent people going to work i mean big ben or the houses of lords would have been easyer to hit, but thay chose the targets thay did because thay simply have no morrals and are twisted evil terroist's its a simple as that so if the government acted like that in return and started nuking countrys because of a selected few idiot in that country thay would be just the same, but we dont do we because we are civilized

but no aparently we all deserved it says the rev being a man of god and a christian when theres muslim extreamist out there thinking of new ways to kill people just like him, lol there's a bizzare twist to it all really, i wonder if he would think we deserved it if he's family was in that building or on a tubetrain one of thos day, some people eh i dont know, wot this word coming to

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
OK, now I have a better idea what you mean.

The idea that 9/11 was "chickens coming home to roost" is not the same as saying they were a good thing, or justified.

He doesn't say the people killed on 911 deserved it, or that the attacks were justified. He just says they were a consequence of the US's interventionist foreign policy, which is true, whether we want to admit it or not.

The truth is, the US has been fighting wars in other people's countries for a hundred years. Go around the world picking fights and sooner or later someone is going to bring their war to your doorstep.

That's not a good thing, but it's a fact of life.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
All racism is ugly, iv'e done it youv'e done it, but we were not preaching to people that hold us as a(SPOKESMAN OF GOD),with the agenda of getting someone into the presidency or just fomenting racial distrust in all levels.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
If you can't quote me something the guy said that's racist, how the hell can you keep saying he's racist?!?

What did the guy say, specifically, that is racist?
Just give me a quote, please, so I know what the hell you're talking about!

He's a black preacher, preaching about racism, among other things.

What exactly is so shocking about that?

first of all he's complaining about living in a whitemans country, well there are many things you could do about that other than moaning about it......i mean ? ehh

ok next point on this video, he says it just come to me y'all why so many people are hating on obama, Yeah because of your idiot fascist comments now my freind lol he really does remind me of hitler saying the near enuff Esactly the same thing about jews, but before this rev i was not aware of any hating infact he was the MOST liked candidate...

so next he goes on to say hillery dont know wot its like to be a blackman another lol well of course she dont shes female for a bloody start god this guy is so full of hate its unreal i have never seen anthing like it apart from a very angry hitler speach,

right so acording to him black people have to work twice as hard to get accepted, no no no no how untrue, and taxi drivers drive past because of there skin colour, just utter lies and more crying.

so without him saying anything racist, it all adds up to the fact he hates white people and that is? well its racist is it not, if i blamed every problem i have in my life onto the blackman it would imply RACE + HATE = RACIST just because hes not saying it in any blaytant way i think anybody with half a brain could tell he is a racist behind closed doors.

if he is not a hate filled racist in your eye's will you at least agree with me he is a fascist

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Here is the video which correlates to the audio link in the original post. Also of notice, pay careful attention to what is said around 01:25:

Here is Barack Obama's response to this entire debacle:

Obama's Response To Newly Released Videos of His Pastors Sermons.

Take notice to how he hedges the entire issue, when he states:

- He did not hear such speeches during MOST of the Sermons that he attended. Key Word: MOST, as in NOT ALL.

-He would quit the church if he heard such speeches REPEATED. Key Word: REPEATED, as in having the same speech delivered more than once.

It would be very interesting to say the least, if a video surfaces of Obama in attendence during one of these controversial sermons.

[edit on 3-15-2008 by TheAgentNineteen]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
OH MY WORD!!!!

i never see that video but just *noding head* right now shocking stuff,

america nuked nagasaki & hiroshima because it would of been them getting nuked along with the brits & europe for god sake!!! it was a world war we never started but was threatend buy fascist, this man talks utter SH*T lets not forget the secret u-boat that took urainium to japan to make a nuke for them also, lets not forget japan attacked pearl harbour first, just like the WTC was by terroist, there really is no point this hitler talking at all without talking the "truth" instead of his fabricated conspiracy theoys AND insiting RACE HATE we have all worked so hard for over the many years,

just as you think obama could actully mend this issue and help eradicate it and just maybe the world was moving on, it turns out to be a very diffrent picture and is still very much alive, god this idiot rev has just set the cloak back some years

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
To be fascist you need a goverment behind you.
This is the type of back and forth we see in this country.
It shows every one who we are, it may not be pretty.
Somehow it works.

We will get past the dems backstabbing and on to the the real election .
Obama's past dealings with this pastor may bring out droves of voters that otherwise would have sat in the sidelines.

Hillary might have dug her own grave(don't tell me she wasn't the only player on the preacher news).

We will have another contested election only it will be dems against dems,HA.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Also of notice, pay careful attention to what is said around 01:25:

Well he said the governemt lied about creating HIV, a conspiracy theory that has a lot of traction among black people if not much connection to reality.

Then he goes on to say that the government lied about a connection between Iraq and Al Quaeda, which is true. Cheney is still trying to repeat the same lie, in fact, even though the military recently pointed out the opposite.

I see a lot of hyperbole, and at least one fairly outrageous claim.
Nothing that wouldn't be said in an ordinary discussion on ATS.

I still don't see the racial hatred everyone is going off about.

Complaining that blacks have historically faced racism in the US at the hands of whites isn't "racism."

It's pointing out a simple fact that some people would prefer to ignore.

[edit on 3/15/08 by xmotex]

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join