It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Pastor Blames America for 9-11

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

Look how old he is. He was old enough to be there for the civil rights movement. He has been in that country. I don't think that many of the younger blacks feel the same way as he does, but I can't blame him one bit for it.

Look what this man has been though. Can you honestly say that if you were alive at a point where someone controlled where you could sit, go to the bathroom, work, shop, etc, that you would feel no feelings of resentment to them after it was over?

We're talking the same generation here. Not one, not two generations down. The same generation.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Dr. King lived through those horrible times, and he was not filled with irrational hate. He preached and spread a message of community and brotherhood for all people.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Not everyone has amazing patience like Dr. King. That's why we have a Dr. King Jr. Day and not an Obama's Paster Day.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Who does McInsane's or Hittlery's pastor blame for 9/11?

In truth, with the "choices" now before us, it doesn't matter who among them is selected "President;" they're all soulless shills for their corporate masters.

We're on a road to nowhere...

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
the title should read:

"pastor has common sense, understands concept of blowback."

You get whats coming to you.

You take over countries, you get bombed right back.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Dr. King had more than patience, He had vision. He saw potential in America.

Obama's pastor on the other hand is blind.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Hmm..

I was going to say: who cares? It's a pastor and not Obama, To attribute the things this pastor says to how Obama might lead the country is very stretchy indeed. BUT, Mikeboydus brought up some good points in his initial post. I didn't realize how close the association between Obama and his pastor was. And now I am not so sure?..

Does anyone else have any things to share that further elucidates the connection between this pastor and Obama? And how much influence this pastor may be having on Obama.

[edit on 023131p://14u17 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

Look how old he is. He was old enough to be there for the civil rights movement. He has been in that country. I don't think that many of the younger blacks feel the same way as he does, but I can't blame him one bit for it.

Look what this man has been though. Can you honestly say that if you were alive at a point where someone controlled where you could sit, go to the bathroom, work, shop, etc, that you would feel no feelings of resentment to them after it was over?

We're talking the same generation here. Not one, not two generations down. The same generation.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by Sublime620]

yes i do blame him he's probly seen and been though alot sure havent we all tho?, and he is directly blaming the whiteman i see him reffering to no other colour as a hole, yet knowing theres seeds of evil in all races & religions and thats a problem not just in the white race but as a hole human species, if he has lernt anything in his life and being a man of god, he should know how to forgive just like his "black jesus" said surely he's just neglecting his postion for his own reasons and problems in life and preaching hate imo,

i have been though alot in my life my old man was a drunk abusive man but i forgive him because he only made me a stronger person, you get no where in life holding grudges, you just get on with it, and move on, ive been to afghanistan with the royal anglian regt and seen where hatred ultimately leads you in fact if theres anything to learn from that country it is the reasons thay have allways been in conflict! because of there leaders acting like this man, and letting terroits plot attacks on innocent people though there warpped belife systems again just like this man, and id go again in a heartbeat, because i truly belive, these people need to be delt with...

and by the way im not a christian or religious in anyway i just belive in right
& wrong, and hope for a better world one day for all of us, and i really cant stand it when i see anybody preaching hatred like that wot ever colour or religion, so many silly people about still in this day & age history just keeps repeating itself

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg
Who does McInsane's or Hittlery's pastor blame for 9/11?

I hadn't heard those catch phrases before. Hahah.

In truth, with the "choices" now before us, it doesn't matter who among them is selected "President;" they're all soulless shills for their corporate masters.

We're on a road to nowhere...

I am starting to like this Ron Paul guy :p Even if he is souless, I think i'd rather have a Libertarian president in general.

[edit on 023131p://14u21 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
lets get facts straight jesus was not a black man nore has there ever been a powerfull black nation in history its the only race that has never been a powerfull civilized nation

Okay.... the straight facts are, he wasn't white, either:

The race of Jesus has been a subject of debate since at least the 19th century. The physical appearance of Jesus of Nazareth, though with no explicit emphasis on race, was also debated by theologians from early on in the history of Christianity. Different societies have depicted Jesus and most other biblical figures as their own ethnicity in their art; for example he is primarily white in the West, and black in Africa. Such representations are not, in the modern day, usually intended to be historically accurate. The current dominant opinion among historians and scientists is that he most likely had olive skin, resembling modern-day persons of Middle Eastern descent. Others, however, have suggested other possible racial backgrounds. For some Christians the question is complicated by the belief that his birth was a unique miracle, an "incarnation in flesh of divine substance."
Source | Race of Jesus | Wikipedia

But one shouldn't be inclined to indulge in ontological arguments debating the ethnicity of someone's imaginary friends or the number of angels that can dance on the head of a pin, it'll only annoy the true believer and waste the time of the skeptic.

Nuf' said.

However, concerning the subject of a powerful black nation, ancient Nubian rulers immediately come to mind:

For 75 years Nubian kings ruled over ancient Egypt, reunifying the country and building an empire. Until recently, theirs was a chapter of history lost in the shadows.

In the year 730 B.C., a man by the name of Piye decided the only way to save Egypt from itself was to invade it. Things would get bloody before the salvation came.

“Harness the best steeds of your stable,” he ordered his commanders. The magnificent civilization that had built the great pyramids had lost its way, torn apart by petty warlords. For two decades Piye had ruled over his own kingdom in Nubia, a swath of Africa located mostly in present-day Sudan. But he considered himself the true ruler of Egypt as well, the rightful heir to the spiritual traditions practiced by pharaohs such as Ramses II and Thutmose III. Since Piye had probably never actually visited Lower Egypt, some did not take his boast seriously. Now Piye would witness the subjugation of decadent Egypt firsthand—“I shall let Lower Egypt taste the taste of my fingers,” he would later write.
Source | Black Pharaohs | National Geographic Magazine

One would be inclined to suggest that subjugating and ruling over all of Ancient Egypt would be indicative of a "powerful black nation," no?

Insofar as the subject of this thread, Obama's pastor appears to be just a bit racist, not unlike others in our midst.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
lets get facts straight jesus was not a black man

All you have to do is look where he was born and at what times and it becomes obvious that he would look middle eastern.

If you think God instilled pearly white skin to Christ as a blessing of sorts then I guess that doesn't leave much room for debate. Not sure why God would do that though unless God is some white surpremist, which I find HIGHLEY unlikely.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
I am starting to like this Ron Paul guy :p Even if he is souless, I think i'd rather have a Libertarian president in general.

Allow me to amend my previous comment:

Among the MSM's choices for POTUS, they're all shills.

Leaving Obama as the lesser of three evils, whatever his pastor may spout.

Ron Paul is far from soulless.

But the pervasive corruption in the current "electoral" process is intransigent.

Leaving little hope in this "election," for the ascendancy of the Constitutional values embodied by Ron Paul and his supporters.

But the Ron Paul Revolution will live on!

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   

i never said jesus was white now that would be silly considering he was born in modern day isreal so im guessing he had an isreali appearance as i said im not religious in anyway so i really do not care of ever wished he was any of the two,

as for the nubians Nubians still have distinct traditions, architecture and languages, even though many migrated either to Aswan and Kom Ombo or south to Sudan after Lake Nasser swamped much of their traditional homeland. are you sure thay are entirly of black african origins? From Late Antiquity and into the early Middle Ages, Upper and Lower Nubia formed three independent kingdoms, Nubadia (called Nubia in Arabic) i mean have you ever herd of the united arab emerats or been to dubia? but i suppose i`ll give you 20% of a point there

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Allow me to amend my previous comment:

Among the MSM's choices for POTUS, they're all shills.

Leaving Obama as the lesser of three evils, whatever his pastor may spout.

Yeah, pastor included or put aside, I also think Obama is the best option when given those three choices.

*edited because I missed your second section:

Isn't it sad that we have to pick from the lesser of evils? I was hoping that in light of all the post-911 madness, and the relentless hits to our constitutional rights, that maybe, just maybe, we wouldn't be a red/blue segregated nation anymore this go around. Guess not

[edit on 043131p://14u27 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
Isn't it sad that we have to pick from the lesser of evils? I was hoping that in light of all the post-911 madness, and the relentless hits to our constitutional rights, that maybe, just maybe, we wouldn't be a red/blue segregated nation anymore this go around. Guess not

It is sad, but then again, when was the last time we actually had an honest choice?

Or were obligated to choose the better of the best?

It's called divide and conquer; by presenting the illusion of choice, it keeps the ill-informed masses bickering over perceived differences rather than coming together over our common needs.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   

It's called divide and conquer; by presenting the illusion of choice, it keeps the ill-informed masses bickering over perceived differences rather than coming together over our common needs.

Not intended to get too OT, but there is a South Park episode that actually paints this picture really really well. Of course it's encapsulated through humor, but it really shows what you're talking about. I think it's the episode where Cartmen goes back in time to The Declaration of Independence? It was all about this divide; the juxtapostition of the elitists versus equality, democracy versus authoritarian, etc.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
lol it sounds realy depressing listerning to wot you guys are saying are tho's 3 candidates for the white house really that bad or evil

i dont really keep up to date on this sort of thing, but i really dont think hilery clinton is that bad or obama apart from his mentors? but i dont know as much as you as to wot she has been up to or why you guys dont trust her, i can see mccain is a complet war monger and if it was up to bush im 100% he would pic him, if he gets into office lol ww3 here we go not good for me being in the Armed Forces

wots hillery done for you guys not to trust her and think she's evil??? personally myself obama is not wise enuff to take tho's kind of responsibilitys, and with hes backround coming into focus now can not be trusted if he deals with thos sort of people behind closed doors, where as hillery all i know about her is she put up with her oldman cheating and she took it on the chin infront of the hole of the world imo thats quite a confindance blow in itself, but she chose not to give up on him and understood he made a mistake though his weakness, she forgive him and that's hard to do i know myself, its not a sign weakness its a sign of strenth, she rebuilt that relationship and give it her best shot, IMHO i think she could do the same for your country because you allready none she is no quitter...

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I can't believe anyone can blame a black man who's been through the civil rights era for having distrust of white people.

That's like asking a holocaust surviver to go hang out in Germany.

It would probably be safe, but I doubt they'd want to...

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

If it was simple distrust it would not be an issue. Heck I was kind of paranoid when I was in Germany. I remember seeing a street named Judengassen, which was a jewish ghetto, but there were no jews.

His pastor on the other hand is on par with David Duke. I can't say I have met many Jews who felt about Germans the way his pastor feels about Whites, America or Zionists.

[edit on 14/3/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
If it was simple distrust it would not be an issue. Heck I was kind of paranoid when I was in Germany. I remember seeing a street named Judengassen, which was a jewish ghetto, but there were no jews.

His pastor on the other hand is on par with David Duke. I can't say I have met many Jews who felt about Germans the way his pastor feels about Whites, America or Zionists.
[edit on 14/3/08 by MikeboydUS]

Are you talking Jews that lived through the Holocaust? I'm just saying, there's a big difference between being the next generation and the generation that lived it.

What do you know about this guy? Maybe he watched his dad get strung out and hung by the KKK.

That would probably cause some hatred and paranoia.

He's definitely got issues when it comes to whites. That's a fact. I'm sure if America elects Obama, that might help him see that most Americans are on his side now.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join