It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Interrupted 1977 by A Real Alien Message

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Two words, definitely fake.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
If their message was so impotatnt, don't you think they would have presented themselves to the whole world instead of just a few ITN viewers in Southern Britain?

As it was, less than 0.01% of the world's population heard this "important message" with the other 99.99% totally oblivious. It just does make any sense.

100% agreed, Soylent.

This, (imo, hoax) transmission was nothing more than this (earthly) Ashtar group trying to make a name for themselves. If nothing else, it was brilliant marketing.

Back to Soylent's post, if such an intelligent race of super-aliens had the technology to get here in the first place, then they certainly would have been capable of transmitting across the globe. This transmission would have been much better served, let say, being heard at least by one of the world's superpowers, such as the US where we kill each other for no reason, violence was and still is out of hand, and gun control is a joke.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
being a producer myself,

this vioce is easy done with vocoders but highjacking the broadcast? how was this done can somebody clear this up sorry if i have missed this in the post, im just wondering how easy it would have been? the voice thing well thats easy, did thay ever find out where the signal originated from etc?

i mean it was a few years back now so has nobody come forward as to saying yes it was me joking about etc

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

i mean it was a few years back now so has nobody come forward as to saying yes it was me joking about etc

I absolutely mean no disrespect, but why would they do that? It appears that this group is still in business, channeling messages, selling books, etc.. My guess is that the person or persons responsible is still highly active in this group and if they came forward then nobody would join their little group and buy their books.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
ooooooookkkaayyyyyyyyy....

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by chupacabraboy
the alien had a brittish accent?

thats news to me!

Yes, the alien had a british accent. It's quite clear if you listen for it. The voice has had sound effects applied to it including a downward pitch shift. If you listen closely, it is definitely british. Totally fake, including the stereotypical "alien" sounds at the beginning of the broadcast.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by chupacabraboy

well i doubt they're gonna talk chinese/ french/ any other language if its aimed at a British audience. It just makes it more... i dont know, friendly if its British. Us British are very ignorant and proud, we wont listen to anyone but our selves half of the time. If it would have been broadcast in America it would have probably been talking in American. What does it matter anyway, its what they said whats important, not the language.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Now why don't you go get the thread title changed. Here's a hint. Don't post "REAL ALIEN MESSAGE" when you have no freaking idea what you're talking about whatsoever. That deserves banning or warning to say the very least. I can't even believe you were gullible enough to post that thread title.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
And could we please stop reposting reposts? The OPs opening statement holds no merit what so ever, and neither does "because I think so...".

You should atleast have looked into how the older threads ended and maybe you would have come to a conclusion that this was a complete waste of time... apart from discussing what drives that lowly brain that put together this charade back then in '77.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Probably fake.

But I don't see why you guys use the fact that he is talking english etc as proof.

It says in the video they have been watching us for a long time. Thus of course they know a lot about us, even languages!

Of course I have no idea if this is fake. Nobody does.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
After a career in radio broadcasting and audio/video production I have no doubt that this interrupted tv transmission is REAL. It's past time for the planet to wake up and face reality! PLEASE take time to digest this and think seriously about the consequences. Our governments having been lying to us for decades!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
come on people! Even if the footage is genuine (I have no recollection of any kind of transmission like this at any time before this clip appears on Youtube - and as one of 60 million people who live in the UK, Im sure this would have been mentioned before, regardless of an interest in UFOs).

If it is a real clip from the time, (and it is or was possible to hijack TV broadcast transmissions - anarchists did it in the 60's and 70s during the 'deadspace' of off-air transmission times when BBC used to close down late at night) - its so full of hippy rhetoric of the time the message is redundant. MArtin Luther King / JFK these aliens are not! Im not one to judge whether aliens are pot-smoking peaceniks, but the whole thing beggars belief. Its just someone having a laugh, regardless of how and when it was made/broadcast.) Awful waste of space.

Dannyboy.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Well, if they learned English from the British, it would only make sence if they had a British accent, right?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by chupacabraboy

I totally believe this is real. I've been researching aliens and this seems to fit in the puzzle. Since I was a teenager I believed there had to be more to life then school, college, work till you can't enjoy life anymore, then die. It didn't make sence. Now am happy to know things will soon be alright.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I was another one who heard the broadcast as it went out. I was in a house on Clapham Common at the time..

ignoring the message, which is a cheesy as Liberace playing Reggie Wilson's 20 Supermarket greats...

That signal covered over 600 square miles and the TV company didn't have the slightest clue their signal was being hijacked until their phones went crazy.

It would have taken a huge amount of power to have achieved what they managed to do.

It was put around, by the police, that it was s student prank in the aftermath of it happening. A couple of researchers went and checked the court records where the police claimed they had been dealt with, Southampton if memory serves me right and there was absolutely no record whatsoever of any people being charged under the broadcasting act.

What is more this wasn't the only incident that happened at the time. I have heard a tape, smuggled out of the radio station by an engineer, of an interrupted broadcast from LBC radio. (London Broadcasting Company i believe)

There was a particularly acerbic phone in guy called Brian (Hayes ?) who was famous for giving short shrift to anyone he viewed less than lucid in their arguments.

One show he gets a call from some guy who speaks with a metallic sounding voice. The voice begins to make some similar remarks to the 77 broadcast and the DJ just switched them off and goes to another line. Only the voice is on the line as well and merely picks up where it left off. This was the same on every line into the guys show. Again the engineers on the show had no idea this was happening, or how it happened. Because of the slight delay, for a bad language filter, on the station the public never heard the full extent of the broadcast and how it took them quite a while to clear the phone lines.

I would be interested to hear if anyone has heard, or knows of someone with a copy, of that LBC tape..

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
ok this might seem a bit off topic but u'll see how this ties in.

so anyway recently i learned about something called an indigo child. like "supposedly' these are the children that have started to evolve past what the human condition is today. they are like very fast learners and can/could speak perfectly by the age of 2-3 and have more of a ability to see entities and can like read minds and stuff and they have a very strong indigo aura well these children have been being born since about 1970 but they were very scarce and they have been becoming more and more common

well anyway someone told my mom and dad that i was an indigo child when i was very little and i guess that makes sense.....cause like i was really talkative wen i was little and my mom always said that i would see little kids or dogs that weren't there and i am pretty smart i guess also its really slight and it rarely happens anymore but like i dont know if i could project thoughts or read them from people nearby but i would think something and like someone else would say it. anyway if i am an indigo kid i probably know like 2 or 3 more.

well anyway back to how this relates to the vid is that the alien talks about a jump to a higher stage of evolution the indigo kids are probably gonna be the firsts to make the jump and most likely their kids are gonna be even more evolved than how the indigo kids were.

and also in the movie zeitgeist i thought age of Aquarius started at around the year 2156

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
The "Age of Aquarius" is a very Human concept, and as such, points to this being an obvious hoax.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
october 14th 2008 we will find out for certain. if the stories are true they bring the same message of peace as 40 years ago

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
umm... why has the video disappeared??

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I was at RAF Wethersfield from 73-75 and this wasn't that big of a deal to the best of my knowledge. I was a dorm resident at Lakenheath High School for much of the time during my junior and senior year. I heard more of the ghosts than anything else.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join