It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Interrupted 1977 by A Real Alien Message

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Yes, it would seem that the broadcast back in '77 was indeed the work of clever humans and not aliens.

Given that so many stories of alien abduction have included accounts of mind control, why wouldn't these 'aliens' simply hijack the brain of a BBC newscaster (or other news anchors worldwide) during their broadcasts to send their message? Consequently, 'they' could concievably hijack the brains of all the technicians and engineers who would normally respond by cutting off the announcer, right? As far as I know, nothing like this has ever been done.

It does pique my curiosity not only as to what would be required by anyone (human or not), to pull something like this off electronically. Also, what procedures do the television news studios have in place to stop something like this from happening. Or, at least to prevent on-air hijackings in the first place. Obviously, they must have some serious security measures in place. But what kind? How often have there been attempts?

What kind of counter measures does the FCC and equivalent agencies in their respective countries around the world have in place in the event of attempts to either force a news personality to say something that an 'organization' wants them to by coercion? How do they protect their systems from hackers or other bad guys who would try to get into the K-band frequencies, decrypt transponder codes, etc. needed to control the various communications satellites affecting television/radio/phone systems/networks, etc. ?

As far as I know, it's never happened on a large scale prior to 911 nor after. There have been cases of local TV stations having a nut come in (one case the person had a fake gun) and made a newscaster briefly read a rant but was quickly thwarted. Other than that, there's been no major, real world "Laughing Man" type incidents that have occurred in recent history that I'm aware of. Anyone?

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join