It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Interrupted 1977 by A Real Alien Message

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
i saw this video and i have been conviced that it is real. i know there have been 10 other threads about this but since the show was broadcast in 1977 i cannot be sure that those threads are recent and if they arent then i assume that they have been forgotten.

tell me what you think of the video
do you think its real or fake?

here is the link real alien message

[edit on 9-3-2008 by chupacabraboy]

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
my gut feeling tells me it was fake and probably somekind of disinfo.

if aliens did do this ...why didnt they try to do it again ? that would have made it alot more credible imho

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by chupacabraboy

Aliens with a british accent?. This has been posted here many times before, nevertheless funny, alien subjects of the Queen, ja, ja!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
mabey the broad cast was met with overall rejection so the Aliens didnt try things like that again didnt u hear the broad cast after that? that one lady got really scared and called the police to come so mabey they didnt attempt things like that so as to not cause any further panic

what would be the point of disinfo? i dont think anything said in the video would hep the government in any way...

thats just my opinion

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
the alien had a brittish accent?

thats news to me!

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

if you had secret aircraft flying around and you didnt want anyone to know it was yours ...you might spread a rumor about aliens so people would associate these craft with aliens. it would be a way to cover up secret projects.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
omg you're right the alien does sound brittish but mabey thats because he/she/it speaks correctly because us americans sometimes butcher the language and like slur our words and to us thats normal but the original english didnt sound anything like how we talk now

or mabey they have a base in england and picked up that accent

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

but the broadcast didnt talk too much about the actual ufos they just mentioned them as lights in the sky and talked more about the new age of aquarius or whatever

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I remember reading about this somewhere. It was a real event but not by aliens obviously. It was a radical group of new agers or something.

Anybody remember Max Headroom? The same thing happened in Chicago when Max Headroom was broadcast on 2 TV stations. They call it intrusion signals or something similar. A very strong signal is directed at the stations transmitter or something.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
did they ever trace the broad cast signal?

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Why are they communicating through a flanger pedal
with someone playing a bad moog synth?
Sound like No 9 from the Beatles White Album to me.
Probably someone with a pirate radio station
An early attempt at debunking imo,not unlike some
of the youtube footage we see now?

[edit on 9-3-2008 by Elmer_Dinkley]

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Elmer_Dinkley

flanger pedal?

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Aliens would have interrupted all the radio and TV station all over the world. If they had thought of doing it.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by chupacabraboy
reply to post by Elmer_Dinkley

flanger pedal?

A flanger pedal is a pedal that connects to a guitar to change the sound wave going from the guitar to the amplifier.

My harmonica sounds awesome through a flanger pedal! Rock on!

I hope that answered your question.

Cuhail

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

www.zzounds.com...
A guitar/keyboard effects pedal used a lot in the 70`s-80`s to make
a more prog rock,trippy sound to the music,making a bit of a comeback apparently?
It sounds very cool when talking or singing through a mike when using the flanger pedal,but now they have a set box that basically does all that digitally.,
and singing and performing music myself for the past 25 years,this sounds exactly lie someone messing around in a studio to me.
No more than a hoax at the time,they would never get away with it today with the sound and video analyzing software we have at our disposal.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
ooooooooooooooh

is it that thing that they used in the skittle radio commercials?

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Isn't the age of Aquarious the age were coming into in/around the year 2012? And isn't it supposedly gonna begin with the planet x passing back into our system?

anyways... on another note... anyone else a little nervous that all these alien messages are demanding us to lay down our weapons? sounds like a threat for an easy surrender/invasion....

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I can't say if its fake or not, but I can tell you that something big is going to happen. Theres no stopping that. He doesn't sound British to me by the way.
Thanks a bunch for the great thread. Starred

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
lol, JUST like when the alien disrupted Tom Cruise!

lol but I dunno,
Its pretty old, so that make sit that much more impressive...
I tell you something though, if they are really that worried about us as a race not moving in the right direction, they might as well have a direct intervention instead of silly radio frequencies.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elmer_Dinkley
Why are they communicating through a flanger pedal
with someone playing a bad moog synth?
Sound like No 9 from the Beatles White Album to me.
Probably someone with a pirate radio station
An early attempt at debunking imo,not unlike some
of the youtube footage we see now?

To me it sounds like simple use of a pitch shifter and tweaking the modulation and delay of a chorus pedal, and the fact that it was on the Tom Cruise vid screams fake to me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join