It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Interrupted 1977 by A Real Alien Message

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
well, the original was from the 70's...

the tom cruise one is fake.
its the exact same recording put onto his Scientology video...
anyone one of us could do it... but doesnt mean the original was fake..
probably is fake, but you never know...

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
it may not be faked, but they did have chorus in the 70's, and if it was recorded on tape they could have easily slowed it down giving it the pitch shifting effect.

Just my two cents - it'd be cool if it was real though

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I stopped listening when I heard the bit about the "Age of Aquarius". Never liked that song anyway...

That's the giveaway.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Not only is this fake, the guy speaking is a brit. lol.....You have to be kidding.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
"The guy speaking is a Brit" ???

Now why would an alien:

-Speak English? (Over 60% of people in the world don't speak English)
-And speak it with an American accent? (Americans represent only about 5% of the world's population)

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Got to love the Tardis sound effect that is going on in the background.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Take me to your leader

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
This post is an absolute gem.
It shows how easy it is for misinformation & assumptions to spread as fact.
The thread title - BBC interrupted - is completely wrong, as the frst look at the youtube link reveals this to be ITN, which is the commercial news channel & nothing at all to do with the BBC.
It really makes me wonder how much other material wasfrom a totally different source to the claimed one, and at the very least shows an appalling lack of anything remotely resembling elementary checks on behalf of the poster.

Oh - the "message"?
Pseudo-religious twaddle.
How can anyone think this is real?

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I don't buy that transmissions authenticity for a second. Explain why the alien voice has a distinctly European accent, in addition to the fact that the message was in plain English.

The last thing they are going to do is come onto a radio station and speak our own native language perfectly, explaining to us why we need to stand down our weapons systems. Why should they direct such an important message to such a small audience? A lot of things don't add up with this. I'm throwing up the BS flag.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this video

I have just finished reading Does it rain in other dimensions? by Mike Oram, and he mentions this incident in the book

(It's a great book, there aren't many good British abductee accounts!)

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
For a start the bit where "he" says we 'll be given "worthless dross in return" sounds to me a real authentic........british slang!!!
And when he started on about aquarius, well, that is pretty much exactly like 2012 to me,
Since I haven't a clue whether to keep true to my faith or "roll up" put on some tiedyed hippy clothes, grow my hair, and tune out!! I'll have to keep an open mind!!
Still when he said "galactic command" well that just blew it for me!!
Many hoaxes have been pulled on the masses over the years, some of the american college pranks are legendary!!!!, I'm gonna go with peoples legs getting yanked on this one........but an open mind on 2012,
Just in case

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
Anybody remember Max Headroom? The same thing happened in Chicago when Max Headroom was broadcast on 2 TV stations. They call it intrusion signals or something similar. A very strong signal is directed at the stations transmitter or something.

That would be this incident you are thinking of...

Remember, Remember the 22nd of November

And here is the YouTube link of the broadcast

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by skribal
For a start the bit where "he" says we 'll be given "worthless dross in return" sounds to me a real authentic........british slang!!!
And when he started on about aquarius, well, that is pretty much exactly like 2012 to me,
Since I haven't a clue whether to keep true to my faith or "roll up" put on some tiedyed hippy clothes, grow my hair, and tune out!! I'll have to keep an open mind!!
Still when he said "galactic command" well that just blew it for me!!
Many hoaxes have been pulled on the masses over the years, some of the american college pranks are legendary!!!!, I'm gonna go with peoples legs getting yanked on this one........but an open mind on 2012,
Just in case

i wont truly decide on what i think just yet

but how cool would it be if he was right about the making a jump in evolution i wonder what newfound abilities we would get?

im keeping an open mind about 2012 as well

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by neil wilkes
This post is an absolute gem.
It shows how easy it is for misinformation & assumptions to spread as fact.
The thread title - BBC interrupted - is completely wrong, as the frst look at the youtube link reveals this to be ITN, which is the commercial news channel & nothing at all to do with the BBC.
It really makes me wonder how much other material wasfrom a totally different source to the claimed one, and at the very least shows an appalling lack of anything remotely resembling elementary checks on behalf of the poster.

Oh - the "message"?
Pseudo-religious twaddle.
How can anyone think this is real?

hey chillax i just saw the video by looking up "real" and "alien"
i thought that it was material worthy enough to be posted on here especially since i haven't found any recent posts on it

and i promise ill do an "elementary check" as you call it next time

*loud whisper* I'm barely out of elementary

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Quiet Professional
I don't buy that transmissions authenticity for a second. Explain why the alien voice has a distinctly European accent, in addition to the fact that the message was in plain English.

The last thing they are going to do is come onto a radio station and speak our own native language perfectly, explaining to us why we need to stand down our weapons systems. Why should they direct such an important message to such a small audience? A lot of things don't add up with this. I'm throwing up the BS flag.

hey im just throwing it out there but if aliens could master intergalatic travel i think they could figure out our language

and besides you have to look at the intended audience

isn't the show broadcast in england?
that would be a reason for the aliens to speak a british dialect, so as to sound more familiar

if it was broadcast in in a mexican barrio the alien might sound like

eh sabes que eh im saying we should put down our weopons and to you know watch out for the gavachos in the governmet cause they're gonna throw away our money and once we stop shooting everything we could go get a beer afterwards

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
For the record... at the time this was carried out the kind of broadcasting equipment needed to override the signal was hugely regulated in the UK and most certainly wasn't available to the public.

No ones ever admitted to doing it, and no one ever traced the source

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Pfft. Like there isn't a black market or a way to get stuff on the Continent.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
i knew it!

jk i had no idea

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Of course it's a fake
It doesn't take a lot of equipment to override a 70s analogue broadcast - just a transmitter pointed at the tower will do the trick. You can read more about this "alien" here.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Trams

Got any evidence that something is going to happen?

No?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join