It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Interrupted 1977 by A Real Alien Message

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Well, as for whether or not a TV station could be hacked, keep in mind the Max Headroom pirate. It occurred about ten years later, sure, but it was the same setup. This even included some... really odd video. So, it doesn't take modern appliances to hack into a analogue station, just the know how and desire to. Unless the aliens were into party tricks or something.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Probably fake, but the message remains and isn't far from true at all.

I was also reminded of Max Headroom.

[edit on 10-3-2008 by GrayFox]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   

For analog stations it is relatively easy to break into the transmission network. All that is needed is to determine the frequency used in the studio-to-transmitter link, then generate a signal at the same frequency from a position near the transmitter site. The input stage of a cheap video sender can produce the right kind of signal. A low-power microwave signal generator or a home-made equivalent from easily available components provides the signal (which is pointed at the receiving dish antenna). Most larger stations encrypt their signal, in which case one would just jam the signal as is the case with digital. Most TV and radio stations are extremely vulnerable, but lack of knowledge has kept this from being a problem.

Source

You didn't need equipment 'unavailable to the public' to intrude on analogue broadcast signals. It's the same principle when a radio transmission comes through your TV if it's really close, assuming you have an antenna and not cable. All you need is a knowledge of the medium and an electronics store.

See that source link, I know its wiki but it has some other incidents of broadcast intrusion. And no aliens..

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by chupacabraboy

It's fake. If you listen closely, the "alien" has an english accent

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Oh dear me, I can't belive anyone would belive this to be an alien transmission! Age of Aquarius indeed, surley only the gullible will fall for this?!

Acutally, this reminds me of the opening episode of the Hitch Hikers Guide to the galaxy when the Vogons arrive: "People of Earth your attention please: This is Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz of the galactic Hyperspace Planning council..."

[edit on 11-3-2008 by timelike]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76

You had me...right up the the point the guy said Age of Aquarius. I laughed so hard i shot Dr.Pepper out my nose. That line killed the rest of it for me. sorry nice try though.

What an enduring image!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Umm "Aquaris" is an astrological sign based on alinement of stars as seen from earth looking out into space, and would only exists as such from an eathling's point of view of the stars. As the touted "Commander" Vrillion would have to be viewing the stars from earth as well.
I'm guessing from England or at least where he was educated,, unless he Hitched a Ride,, (Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy).

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

OMG!!!! have you not been reading my other posts (nobody seems to be)
i tell why the alien has english accent. go back to page to and read my post near the bottom

why does every one (and by that i mean most people) dissmiss this just because the alien has a freakin english accent!!!

look im not saying that its definatley real but at least dont base your judgement on the fact the guy sounds brittish

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jbmitch

thats true but we're talking about earth's evolution so aliens or whatever have to see things from an earth pov

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I read that it was a group of Students who managed to hi-jack the Broadcast. Cant find the article but looking now. It was ITN by the Way not BBC which in my opinion would make it easy to mess with as they were an independant television station.

IMO absoultley fake!!

This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius!!

1967 from "Hair" Musical

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Whelp to be honest that makes as much sense as the rest of the thread hehe! Hail Commander Vrillion and pass the crumpits please!

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jbmitch

Whelp to be honest that makes as much sense as the rest of the thread hehe! Hail Commander Vrillion and pass the crumpits please!

that sounds like something my friend hannah would say (no she doesnt have an ATS account)

whoohoo!! lets have some scones with some dr. pepper and waffles

[edit on 11-3-2008 by chupacabraboy]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Not to get off the subject, but I believe it was Zeitgeist the movie that wen't pretty in depth into religion and the ages ect, and although I 've seen it twive, the part about the change to the age of Aquarius happens in the first 20-30 minutes of the movie, so I'm not sure.

But I remember the narrator saying the Age of Aquarius will start sometime much, much later than 2012. Something like 2360 or 2630. I don't quite remember though as I said it was in the beginning of the movie.

Well here's a link on Wikipedia:

en.wikipedia.org...

which has about 4 different groups of scientists and institutions claiming that The New age (The age of Aquarius) will begin no sooner than the year 2600, the three others all say a after that, but before the year 2700.

Perhaps if one was going by ancient Mayan calendars, and as we know paths of stars can change over the course of thousands of years, I think?

Perhaps back then, they caculated the new age to begin in 2012.

But everytime I hear the New Age starts in 2012, it just sounds like more bunk thrown on top of this "next" end of the world scenario. Which we've seen come and go thousands of times over the history of civilized man. But personally I don't think the start of the new age should be use to bolster the 2012 myth. Because well, it is from my findings untrue. Plus I don't believe in end of the world prophecies.

The day will come, and no one will predict it.

Just like not a SINGLE psychic, like sylvia Brown or James Van Prague, or any of the other scam artist, couldn't predict 9/11. It's all bunk. and 2021, is the biggest one in my lifetime since Y2k, and following that was back in 1988 it was predicted Long Island was supposed to sink off into the Atlantic ocean. There are a couple more mundane ones, but thats quite a few decent size end of the world scenarios that were supposed to take place in my 30 years here on earth, that didn't amount to anything.

I'm fairlt sure the calendar will turn January 1, 2013. When I'm 43-44, ack! Now THAT scares me

But back to the point of the thread, , I think it's a hoax. How did the poster on you tube even get the transcript for it,I can't here but a few words here and there unless I'm watching the subtitles. I think they should arrest the guy who uploaded it, because he obviously knows what was said word for word more or less, by the "alien". Unless he used some tools, to clean it up and seperate the voice from the stations backround noise ect. I didn't read the description, he probably says that.

But no , he most likely cleaned it up. But I'd put this in the prankster/hoaxster bin, before the disinfo bin. I think the disinfo done by a government woulda been done alot better, and heard by a larger audience.

Unless it was a small scale test to see the reactions, after the crazyness that followed War of the Worlds on the Radio.

Who knows.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Actually, I lived in England in '74 - 78, in a small Southern town called Finchingfield on a NATO support Air Base called RAF Wethersfield. Don't think it's still there. At any rate... I was there for a number of interesting things, but don't really recall this being touted as a biggie, at the time.

Sad for me... I want to believe in the aliens (kind of like whats'ername in X-Files), but never seem to find evidence that isn't wrapped in silliness, or questionings of great proportion.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by chupacabraboy

i tell why the alien has english accent. go back to page to and read my post near the bottom

why does every one (and by that i mean most people) dissmiss this just because the alien has a freakin english accent!!!

look im not saying that its definatley real but at least dont base your judgement on the fact the guy sounds brittish

My bad. I forgot all aliens have an english accent. Just like all monkeys are french

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
i believe it to be fake as well, but for my own intent and purposses i will try and say why this can be real.

addressing the british accent first..

many abductees state that an alien will communicate telepathically, they hear a voice in their heads similar to their own. this fact is rampid among the abducted.

the age of aquarious be it 2012 or 2600 is comming, and therefore a statement like "deweaponize" should take place if we plan to make it that far.

its very interesting to hear what he has to say anyway. be it human or non-human.

getting that message across via the air waves was way more productive then crop circling the entire speech.

based on abduction cases again, when an alien does decide to speak, they do so in a deep voice and usually slower. aliens have been reported to be able to speak via light from their forehead and can pass along entire paragraphs of info in a single sylable.

i wish though that a true transmission would occur. ON THE INTERNET.. if every freaking web page was to transmit at the same time. that would be the ultimate feet.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Ever heard of hackers..... its happened plenty of times around the world.

There are several examples on youtube

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by chupacabraboy

My bad. I forgot all aliens have an english accent. Just like all monkeys are french

i explain the whole thong on page 2 check there before calling all aliens english and monkeys french (
monkey wearing a beret or whatever you call it
)

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sigung86
Sad for me... I want to believe in the aliens (kind of like whats'ername in X-Files), but never seem to find evidence that isn't wrapped in silliness, or questionings of great proportion.

im with you there bud

its hard to find any real evidence anymore

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Now I do believe!! It has to be true. It's on YouTube!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join