It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Interrupted 1977 by A Real Alien Message

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by chromatico

didnt you read her reply?

noone's ever traced the source if it was gotten from the black market i would think it would be easy to trace

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

evidence??!?!?!?! ever heard of something called Katrina my freind?

anyway i have 2 go 2 school so i wont be posting for a while

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
With all due respect and all that you made a thread... but the only feeling I get as I read this is the same I got when the government in Denmark made us vote on DK being in EU or not in order to get a "yes" from the public instead of a "no" which we had given in the first place.

There are other threads yeah, but why does it justify a whole new thread that YOU believe in this video? Why not just contribute to the old ones, which discuss basicly the same thing.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by chromatico
reply to post by neformore

Pfft. Like there isn't a black market or a way to get stuff on the Continent.

When that was done in 1977? Really?

Maybe today, but not 30 years ago in the UK. Nope.

Golden post

The first person to send a U2U of this post to Neformore wins tonights ATS Game prize.

edit on 2/10/10 by neformore because: time to play the game

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

When that was done in 1977? Really?

Maybe today, but not 30 years ago in the UK. Nope.

Yes it was done in 1977, I actually remember hearing this as it happened. We lived at that point in a 17th floor flat and although in London we could pick up Southern TV well because of the height we were at.

We were in the front room watching the news when that voice started, I remember my mother and father calling to me and my brother to listen. It was extremely weird and at the time presumed it was a hoax.

I still presume it's a hoax but it genuinely did happen as stated.

Opps...Just reread the comments above, sorry, thought that someone was saying the broadcast never happened. My mistake...

[edit on 10-3-2008 by Mclane]

[edit on 10-3-2008 by Mclane]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
lol, JUST like when the alien disrupted Tom Cruise!

lol but I dunno,
Its pretty old, so that make sit that much more impressive...
I tell you something though, if they are really that worried about us as a race not moving in the right direction, they might as well have a direct intervention instead of silly radio frequencies.

I have no idea why they used this stupid recording over mr freaky,
but mr freaky is definitely freaking me out,
does he not seem a bit brainwashed,or is it just me?
Sorry to go off topic

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Hi.

Whether this recording was real or not,i can't help thinking how awesome it would have been to actually hear it!
(Run to the hills)!!

I am pretty sure i can remember my Father commenting about this in typically Scottish fashion,"Ach,what a load 'o' sh*te"!

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Sorry to say, but I would have to throw my support behind it beind a hoax.

Why would aliens from a, presumably, distant system refer to the coming "Age of Aquarius"? They would likely not have a clue as to what "aquarius" was, unless they listened to alot of pop music, and then God help us all.

-One point about tracing the signal, or the likelihood of being able to broadcast a pirate signal. Its entirely possible, and tracing such a signal would be rather difficult. Once upon a time, I worked in radio. Not an engineer or anything, but I did do a number of remote broadcasts. The mobile transmitter essentially broadcast a low-power signal to a broadcast tower, which retransmitted it back out, albeit much more powerfully. My point is, someone with a bit of know-how could send a pirate signal to a broadcast tower, send their message, then pack up and move off before anyone with equipment sophisticated enough came looking. With current tech, that might be a bit more difficult, but with the analog tech of the
70's? No worries.

Cool thread, though OP.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

So analogue broadcasting equipment didn't exist in the UK in the 1970s? Because that's what it would take for no-one to get their hands on it should they want to.

It's so easily a hoax that suggesting anything else is clearly an attempt to believe in something without any evidence supporting it. From wikipedia:

For analog stations it is relatively easy to break into the transmission network. All that is needed is to determine the frequency used in the studio-to-transmitter link, then generate a signal at the same frequency from a position near the transmitter site. The input stage of a cheap video sender can produce the right kind of signal. A low-power microwave signal generator or a home-made equivalent from easily available components provides the signal (which is pointed at the receiving dish antenna).

So it would have been possible for someone to get some cheap hardware and fudge their own transmitter, and they could have done this.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Presuming that these were real aliens (and I persoanlly do NOT presume that), they obviously wanted their presence to be known and their important message to be heard, or they wouldn't have bothered hijacking the TV signal...but then why did they only hijack the ITN signal and then only for a few minutes? If their message was so impotatnt, don't you think they would have presented themselves to the whole world instead of just a few ITN viewers in Southern Britain? Why not BBC 1? Why not the Beijing News and the CBS evening news (where I would presume the voice would speak Chinese and American English respectively, rather than the English accent that it spoke with on ITN.)

As it was, less than 0.01% of the world's population heard this "important message" with the other 99.99% totally oblivious. It just does make any sense.

...Oh well, at least the people of Southern Britain who heard the ITN telecast have been living in peace and harmony for the past 30 years, and becuase of that they must have helped the world avert whatever disaster vrillon was talking about.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I just like the stereotypical music in the background that you would associate with this genre. Fake or not, it's a good message to follow, get rid of wepons and live in peace, im not a hippy but if we did that the world would be a nicer place to live in.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
It is a very odd accurance indead but the voice for the transmission is totally tacky. I just watched and I know probably everyone in this forum has seen the movie "The Last Star Fighter"; the voice sounded like an actor straight out of that eighties flick. Well I suppose it could be nothing and it could be an alien trying to mimic an accent... Suppose we'll never know.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
never heard about this bbc thing until now..hmm i dont know it sounds hella fake. like soo homemade. but who knows. either way i dig the message being sent out though.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
So analogue broadcasting equipment didn't exist in the UK in the 1970s? Because that's what it would take for no-one to get their hands on it should they want to.

We're talking about 1970's UK here. Not 2008 UK. Believe me when I say that in 1977 the kind of equipment needed to do this was most certainly NOT in the public domain and affordable for "anyone" to piece together.

Look - I'm not saying that this was the real deal. What I am saying is that its not the case that teenagers or kids did it. Whoever did this was probably very well connected, either working in the station or very familiar with the equipment.

[edit on 10/0308/08 by neformore]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I love all the posts that dismiss this as a hoax based on a probable British accent.

Tell me, what accent would be appropriate for a message in that area? What accent in general would be acceptable for you to believe the message to be authentic?

Most people that claim to have had encounters of the 3rd kind always have had the beings in question speak their language perfectly and sometimes even down to the local dialects of diverse communities. If this is true then language would not be a road block to communication, especially for an alleged ancient and advanced species that woul monitor us on a regular basis. They would then more than likely be able to speak ANY language with ease.

I don't know if this is real or fake but the basics of the message is spot on. Having had my own experiences I can tell you that fear is what will destroy most of us when this inevitable and natural change occurs that affects us all here.

- Lee

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by chupacabraboy

You had me...right up the the point the guy said Age of Aquarius. I laughed so hard i shot Dr.Pepper out my nose. That line killed the rest of it for me. sorry nice try though.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Hahaha I remember this...

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
This is why I love ATS.
I've read about this countless times over the years and have been fascinated with this one.
But now I've actually heard it,im a little disapointed.
I was expecting the Captain Scarlett theme song to kick in,and the "alien" to declare that "this is the voice of the Mysterons",its so 1970s cheese its a classic.(although at the time im sure this sounded quite genuine)
The newsreader sounds like he should be in the Dambusters.
Thank god for the 80s.

It would of taken alot of effort and probably money to pull off something like this in the 70s.Probably a disgruntled employee having a laugh!
Or a cool work experiance kid in the next room accidently twiddling knobs.oops.

Or maybe men in dark suits from the Tavistock institute getting the ball rolling for the alleged fake alien threat/NWO gameplan?
Who knows,still makes me wonder?
Thanks OP

Its weird the message isnt political or has something important,shocking,real to say. This must of been planned and scripted so why go with the "I am an alien" story.In the days before the Internet getting a point of view to many people was tricky so why waste it on sci fi.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
Presuming that these were real aliens (and I persoanlly do NOT presume that), they obviously wanted their presence to be known and their important message to be heard, or they wouldn't have bothered hijacking the TV signal...but then why did they only hijack the ITN signal and then only for a few minutes? If their message was so impotatnt, don't you think they would have presented themselves to the whole world instead of just a few ITN viewers in Southern Britain? Why not BBC 1? Why not the Beijing News and the CBS evening news (where I would presume the voice would speak Chinese and American English respectively, rather than the English accent that it spoke with on ITN.)

As it was, less than 0.01% of the world's population heard this "important message" with the other 99.99% totally oblivious. It just does make any sense.

...Oh well, at least the people of Southern Britain who heard the ITN telecast have been living in peace and harmony for the past 30 years, and becuase of that they must have helped the world avert whatever disaster vrillon was talking about.

not to be rude or any thing but thats basicly what i said on my other post

well any way will try to answer most questions or whatever directed to me

i started a new thread becasue i couldnt be sure the the other threads were recent and im too lazy to contribute and then wait for a response

also aquarius is a constelation so mabey the age of aquarius is when aquarius lines up with what ever and lets us make the jump in evolution that vrillion was talking about but mabe it can only work when certain conditions are met, like mostly peace throughout earth.

or mabey the constellation creats the conditions for there to be a jump in evolution and the aliens are there to help lead us through it

thats just my opinion anyway

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Musician here. I spend a fair amount of time recording, adding effects, using studio software to my own voice. Constructing this kind of broadcast (especially with such low information content--really, what an ignorant sounding overlord) takes a cheap Mac.

Broadcasting isn't my forte, but as a recent college grad familiar with the indy scene, this screams of pirate radio...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join