It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychopathic Soldier Throws Puppy Off Cliff

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB
Don't let 1 rotten apple speak for the rest. .

This meme almost makes me feel as sick as the numerous videos of US soldiers acting like bastards.

Oh, and please let me make a compilation for your pleasure.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
yeah, there are messed up soldiers over there.
I count 6 videos.
lets just add 100 more for fun.
thats 106 out of how many thousands?

now lets see if we can find videos of Iraqis and Muslims torturing people, harassing women, beheading infants etc.
heck forget the videos, lets see how many threads we can find on ATS.

It's not US against THEM. It's the fact that these people are representing us as a FREE world, (sigh) well that's the BS rhetoric. And I could give you a list of sick murderers in the US. A muslim beheaded an infant, let's get out the tar brush! They're obviously all demented lunatics with no compassion.
I hate people who say somethings fake in desparation, but then tries to justify if it is real. WTF!?

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by spec_ops_wannabe
So tell me, have you ever wondered some of the things that soldiers go through when in combat, the things they see, the things they hear, their emotions?
What would you do in their place, and please don't give me any crap like an excuse about running away to another country to avoid a draft or going against your orders.
Shell shock, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, having to watch your a** and your buddy's a** all the time can eventually wear you down and make you do crazy or insane things to deal with it.
Your location says USA, I am a little disgusted by individuals like you.

LOL wtf would anyone have sympathy for this ass? Do you wish that serial killers were let out because they... awwwwww.

From his dumbass sister:-

my.highschooljournalism.org...
"The Marines may be all about work but they have fun as well. A graduate from MHS joined the Marines right out of high school. They were stationed in Hawaii doing missions up in the mountains when they got hungry. They came out of the woods and found a house and took down the address to call a pizza place. The delivery man didn’t want to come all the way up there because it was really far. Finally they convinced him to. The Marines waited in the trees and bushes until the pizza man came. When the delivery man pulled up, all the Marines jumped out of the bushes with their face paint on and their guns. The pizza man was too scared to get out of the car! They gave him an extra tip for going through the hassle to go that far. So after, they hopped back in the bushes and ate their pizza!"

YEAH, go scare the crap out of the pizza guy with guns! It's Funny! Duuuuuuur, DUUUUUURRRR. Am I a hero now! hur?

Bunch of tw@s.

[edit on 5-3-2008 by Xeros]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Why would anyone throw a puppy off of a cliff? What was going through this person's mind? It's most likely a lot more than what's going through the minds of you guys reading this right now. I don't want to go off justifying what this soldier may have done. What kind of person would throw a puppy off of a cliff?

Let's just say it's a person that has seen far worse things. Throwing a puppy off of a cliff may be seen as not so bad in their mind. Or maybe this person has been through so much that they are not even thinking of how bad this looks because it doesn't seem that far out of the normal?

I think that maybe you should be thankful that there are soldiers willing to put themselves through this kind of life so you don't have to understand what is going through their heads. Brainwashed? Maybe, but these are the same people that are going to be able to do what it takes to defend your life if it's ever threatened by another country.

Want to know what I see? I see a country that over protects is citizens. A country that protects it's citizens so much that even the citizens of the country think it's crossing the line. I see a population that knows next to nothing of violence and is terrified when they do see it.

This thread here is proof. Here we debate one soldier throwing a dog over a cliff. This may seem tragic to some but in reality "tragic" is a term that should be reserved for far worse. The holocaust, which some of you are debating for example.

Without these men and women that serve the US we would know tragic times. It would be right there on your lawns. You wouldn't be sitting their talking about a dog.

[edit on 5-3-2008 by Styki]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernDystopia
Over 90,000 civilians (HUMANS) in Iraq have died. And people get on their moral soapbox over a dog.

This world is doomed.

Originally posted by Styki
I see a population that knows next to nothing of violence and is terrified when they do see it.

This thread here is proof. Here we debate one soldier throwing a dog over a cliff. This may seem tragic to some but in reality "tragic" is a term that should be reserved for far worse.

everyone trying to point out the irony, spare us. The fact is, if you search around, there are FAR more people complaining about the Iraq War than this puppy incident. It's just a current news story. I would bet the Heath Ledger story has more interest than this one.

To say, "oh, well compared to the WAR and the HOLOCAUST, this isn't so bad," is missing the point.. and at the same time, drinking the punch.

[edit on 5-3-2008 by scientist]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Styki
Why would anyone throw a puppy off of a cliff? What was going through this person's mind? It's most likely a lot more than what's going through the minds of you guys reading this right now. I don't want to go off justifying what this soldier may have done. What kind of person would throw a puppy off of a cliff?

This is unfortunately what war does to a man.

My College Composition II Professor, a Vietnam veteran, told us on the first day of class in a bit of a spat of drama that war turns you into an animal, to survive. You no longer care about the daily things you care about when you are home at peace or doing a normal routine, instead your brain is in survival mode, which is terribly reptilian in nature, action/reaction, fight/flight, etc.

So, when you are at war and you kill human beings, human beings that you do not know 100% were necessarily guilty of being an insurgent, because he was ordered to or had to show off in front of colleagues, it takes its' collective toll on your psyche. You start acting different, you begin living different. You do things that you used to find repulsive. Things that were unthinkable become not only acceptable, but necessary to survive, at least in your own mind.

I wish there was a word for this 'syndrome', maybe there is and I just don't know it. But anyway, a good metaphor is addiction. People grow up thinking, 'I'll never use a needle', or .. 'I'll never smoke crack', but then when they get into the life situation, the collective stresses of life and family dysfunction, combined with possible homelessness, poverty, all kinds of terrible childhoods leaving people mentally not-right, all of a sudden, things change. That same person who said that is hitting the pipe, saying, "I used to say I'd never let myself do this, haha". It's really the same thing. Things that are unacceptable become acceptable when a human is placed in certain situations coupled with certain stresses, under certain conditions of living. It's also the de-virginization of becoming a certified killer, or one who has killed a human, which also makes a person much more content with killing another men, and guess what, animals too!

This is also why so many of our soldiers come home from war permanently off in the head. The trauma of the experiences. If that dog was real, and alive, that man who threw it will someday be haunted by the memory. But in the moment, it was a stress relief, or better yet, a bit of an adrenaline rush on an otherwise boring march to show off for the camera.

I'll end this post with that a friend of mine told me the other day. I hadn't seen him in 2 years, he had joined the Army. He is home from Iraq, how long I do not know, and was at my other friend's house playing the newest shooting-simulator on Xbox 360, I believe Fuel of War? Anyways. I sat down near him and we chatted on what the other had been up to. I asked him, he said he had been in Iraq, I said .. so what are you doing over there? Expecting some kind of lame response like "sitting on my ass" or "Reading the Quran", but instead he says .. in a very normal, monotone, non-chalant kind of way, without even looking at me, "Killing People" he said. So I paused, and I said, For real man, it's like that out there? And he said, "Yep" all non-chalant again, while playing the Xbox. It seemed like there was nothing to it, to him. And note that he said killing people .. not terrorists, or enemies. It's wild .. I hate to say it but, we will have a lot of future "Show up to work or school and kill as many as you can before offing yourself" incidents commited by Iraq veterans. It's inevitble..and I speak of my own friend. Jesus .. help us.

[edit on 3/5/2008 by runetang]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
just as a quick update... apparently the marines STILL don't think this is fake.

www.foxnews.com...

Sources at the Marine Corps base in Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii, told FOXNews.com that they were upset and outraged by the video, which was initially posted on YouTube but has since been taken down. They confirmed there is someone stationed there who served in Iraq with the same name uttered in the video.

Ox

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

I'm not scrutinizing the entire military on a "few" wrong doings.

Since the USA has been the occupying force in Iraq they have done more than a "few" wrong doings, WHY do you think that all the Allies are leaving and pulling their troops? Because they dont want to be associated with this sort of thing, they are hanging the USA out to dry. Can you blame them?

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Timmyboi23

I'm just saying that youtube has a tendency of removing videos they deem to be "unacceptable." So, to say that they removed the video because they "support our troops" is a fallacy.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlightlyAbovePar

He's called for the solider to be executed over a dog.

That's the ignorance we live in in today's world. People value the life of a creature over a human being.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zenspider
USER: United States of Freemasonry

What I want is simple, a planet with NO soldiers.

No one "ready to kill for me", or use my "freedom" to justify aggression.

Period.

None of this would happen if men did not pick up arms.

This doesnt make me ignorant, this makes me hopeful that one day all men will refuse to kill other men.

So, shoot me, thats ALL you are good for.

That's so true. As long as sheeple keep supporting the soldiers and wars there's going to be more wars.

If the people refused to fight then there wouldn't be an Iraq war

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I posted this in this thread, but I probably should have put it here. So here it is:

I was in the military back in the day, and at the time the basic foundation that all forces were built on was "team". All members must act/react with the same mindset. That's how things get done. The DIs spent most of their time drilling this into all our heads, "team, team, team". Live or die by the "team". I assume this hasn't changed in the last 25 years.

One of the main concepts of a "team" is that all it's members are one. When one triumphs, all triumph. When one falls, all fall. This is the basis of "team".

With this in mind, I don't see how military members can keep saying "Oh, we're not all like that". They're a member of the same "team", aren't they? If one wins the war, they all win the war. On the down side, if one throws a puppy, they all threw that puppy, like it or not. Or are they just a "team" until something happens that they don't like?

Now, I obviously can't say that all military members are puppy hurlers, but by the sanctity of the "team", they have to suck it up and take the flak directed at the one who is. Just like they should all share in the congratulations when the one performs an amazingly heroic deed that saves hundreds of lives. If team members don't want to be associated with the puppy hurlers, then, by gum, don't let your team-mate hurl puppies!!

The best way to keep a team from suffering through negative publicity is to self-police as a group. If a team-mate is going to do something that would reflect poorly on the team as a whole, stop him. Whether it's puppy hurling, abusing the local civilians, or what have you. If the team keeps it's members from doing stupid things, then there's nothing to take flak about in the first place.

I have great respect for the people in the military. It's a rotten job for crappy pay, but they do it anyway. Most members are fine people who are as appalled as the rest of us by the things some of their team-mates do. I say these fine folks should stay vigilant in guarding the reputation of the team, quashing the impulses of their more disrespectful or sadistic team-mates, standing up to peer pressure to just "go along with it".

In this manner, the entire team can hold their heads high, knowing that they deserve the respect of a grateful nation.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by h3akalee
reply to post by Silenceisall

Please never again alter one of my post's.

It makes me question any opinion you might make in any future post's or thread's.

THANK YOU.

Regards
Lee

It was accidental. Anyway..any modification to that post was an improvement

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros
A muslim beheaded an infant, let's get out the tar brush! They're obviously all demented lunatics with no compassion.
I hate people who say somethings fake in desparation, but then tries to justify if it is real. WTF!?

And you would know this how?
I'm sure there are a lot of sane Muslim people.

why do you chose to stereotype people that you know nothing about.
I thought we were past that...

And I don't recall justifying anything...
or being desperate...

[edit on 5-3-2008 by Odessy]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by subject x

when a Marine rapes a woman and kills her family... that has nothing to do with a team.
When your fighting or trying to accomplish a goal you act as a team.
you cant be responsible for something someone else does in their free time.
why? because people are different.
the marines take hits like this, but it doesnt mean that all marines are rapists and babykillers...
thats just stereotyping, and stereotype's are baaaaad

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
You know if it is real, then it shouldn't surprise you. Human behaviour is such that things of this type happen often. Look at history.
If it isn't real, then this shouldn't surprise you either, since it could be someone is just trying to mess with our brains to see our reaction.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

A team is a team, and there are no off hours in a war zone.

I never said all Marines are rapists and baby killers, you brought that to the table.
I'm saying that, as a team, each member is included in what other members do. This is the very foundation of what it means to be a team.

When I was in the Air Force, I was affiliated with the Combat Control Team (CCT). During their "free time", some of them used to go to Mexico (we were in Texas) to beat up Mexicans. As a team. When they were taken to task over this behavior, there was no distinction made between those who went to Mexico and those who didn't. The entire "team" was held accountable for the actions of the few. Because that's how a team works. As soon as you start praising/punishing a select few members while exempting others, the foundation of said team crumbles, and the team degenerates into a group of people who happen to work together.

As for "people are different", the military does it's very best to insure that it's members are not different. In basic training, they break everyone down to nothing, and then build them back up to be one, the same, a unit, a "team". Unless things have changed since I was in.

When you are a member of a team, it's 24/7, especially if the team is in a life and death environment. You don't get to pick when you're a member and when you're not. It's called "commitment". If you're not in it for the long haul, you're not a true member of the team.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Its a real puppy folks. Its not a fake puppy we know the officers name and others that know him say that its real.

It didn’t take long for internet sleuths to track down the perp. David Motari, the Marine accused of pitching a puppy off a cliff for the sheer psychopathic fun of it, is a member of the Bebo social network.

David Motari

Its a sick trend in the military and they do nothing about it because its part in parcel in destroying the men and women over there, making them not care about even the most innocent life. Videos like this are all over the internet do a Google search.

Studies show that people care more for animals than people and for soldiers to kill puppies means that god knows how they treat people.

This new breed of animal torturer, killer, will come back to America and become a police officer. Its take a certain evil to kill a puppy and laugh and enjoy it.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Young minded old soul
reply to post by zephyrone

I totally agree wuth you on the maturity levels and age. To blame society??? Let's just say that the military is not the whole of society. Society as a whole is to emotional for those decisions.
Society is to blame because that is who they send to wars. Hell there were guys crying not even an hour of the bus yet, just for getting yelled at. If we are going to send these kids to fight wars then we have to understand these types of things will inevitably happen, whether we like it or not.

My only objections to this thread are the sheeple calling for his head when they do not even know if it is real yet. I have read from 2 different sources that the audio was questionable at best, with one being from PETA.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join