It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychopathic Soldier Throws Puppy Off Cliff

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beefcake
Its a real puppy folks. Its not a fake puppy we know the officers name and others that know him say that its real.

Got a link or are we just supposed to take your word for it?
Thanks in advance.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Given the political rhetoric the masses naively swallow these days coupled with the 11 pages and counting of vitriol within this thread, it's easy to dissect the "you're either with us" or "against us" crowd that permeates this forum. And so, will the "with us" crowd please elaborate as to the purpose of this footage? Because it seems to me that irrespective of whether or not it is a fake the intent of those filming and participating is clear, that is they want to give the impression that they killed a defenseless puppy. Given their intent, real or fake, who exactly are you defending? Because it seems to me that someone who enjoys giving the impression they threw a puppy of a cliff, regardless of whether or not it is real, is someone who should not be holding a rifle wandering the badlands of Baghdad nor should they be a poster boy for the virtues of U.S. "democracy".

And of course we all know what that is, don't we?

I don't mean to hijack the thread but I'm dumbfounded as to how a God fearing soldier can commit the ultimate act of killing another human being under the guise of the State, yet reconcile himself before God.

To the mothers out there, your God left you the moment your Sons marched off to war. And although you claim you're on the side of righteousness, the side you're on is not with God. War is the Devil's work. Look beyond your nationalistic fever and see it for what it is. War is murder!

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Care to elaborate, or will you rest on your laurels?

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Zugzwang

And we arnt on the side of right..? Just because we support our troops and our brave soldiers men/woman we are bad people? Because we care about our loved ones on the battle field no matter if its a battle field of the wrong we are the bad people? War is bad my friend but war is human error. As long as there are men there will always be war alright? For you to say what you said is complete disrespect and disregard for the ones fighting and thats on both sides. If Americans arnt suppose to support their brothers and sisters because of some greedy or stupid leader such as bush then the extremest are just the same. I respect your view but for you to use your free speech as you did is complete ignorant. You are a discuss for Humanity and people like you make me sick. You say your with God but my opinion to you is God left you the day you were born.

In short terms my brother lunchboxjunkie pretty much sums it up.

[edit on 5-3-2008 by Mr.x211]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by theendisnear69

You took the words right out of my mouth. Soldiers are slaves, at least in my opinion.

I guess we all play a role in this game called life.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
First of all please DO NOT call this man a soldier....He is a MARINE not a SOLDIER.....Soldier is a term used to refer to ARMY personnel....Marines, Navy, Air-force.....Only ARMY personnel are referred to as soldiers..... Second yes the video is real.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Even if the video is real don't dislike the entire armed forces because of one idiot. As for Soldiers, Marines, whatever they arnt slaves..they chose to do their job by signing up and in this world and day we need people like them. The time passed a long long time ago when we could have completely skipped war and you want to know something? It wasn't Americans either. So if your going to hate someone for war hate your ancestors.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
WTF, that man is psycho, i dont know whats wrong these people, that puppy was soo cute and hope he goes to hell.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The military is full of wonderful people. My cousin gave his life over there, for Bush and his cronies. This guy however, is a complete moron and he should be discharged and charged with a crime. Its as simple as that.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr.x211
Even if the video is real don't dislike the entire armed forces because of one idiot. As for Soldiers, Marines, whatever they arnt slaves..they chose to do their job by signing up and in this world and day we need people like them. The time passed a long long time ago when we could have completely skipped war and you want to know something? It wasn't Americans either. So if your going to hate someone for war hate your ancestors.

They may choose to sign up but after that all they are is robot murdering machines. So yea they basically got to choose whether or not they're going to murder people for a living hahahaha

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Wtf, so because they sign up to do a job in which they are told of before they even sign up they are our robots? They chose to do what they are signing up to do there for they arnt slaves nor robots. If you give a human a weapon and advanced technology with no discipline or guide lines they would be a killer not a soldier. Just because you dislike war don't mean you should judge someone because you have no idea what your talking about...now thats something you can lol about.

You have to love hypocrites. If i may point out to you that before any type of war breaks out there is usually diplomatic talks first there for war is the last option so if it comes to war then nothing worked to stop it. In other terms don't dislike war, dislike the people who couldn't try harder to stop it or the people who chose to take the hard way out.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr.x211

sadly if a person is holding a gun and they kill someone regardless of their discipline they are a KILLER.

The soldiers are turned into robots after they sign up. what do you think they do to them in boot camp.

So your saying that our "leaders" did everything they could to stop the war? wow are you really that blind

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeff Riff

Now that's something I can agree with. Article 32, if nothing else.

-------end of response to Mr. Riff------------

The amount of generalized hatred towards the military being thrown about is shocking. The amount of abject ignorance about the military in general is equally shocking.

There is a whole lot more going on with some of these posts than the subject matter they pretend to be about. The level and ease to which some of the posters delve into really nasty, hateful comments is disconcerting.

In this one thread I have seen Marines described as chimps, murderers, retards, psychopathic baby killers and worse. I have seen posters advocate the execution of these Marines – and their families – over a dog.

I have seen grossly incorrect generalizations spoken by those that aren't so much interested in the truth of the matter, as they are in grinding their axe against the military.

It gets harder and harder for me to restrain what I really want to say and give respect and a measure of patience with those who clearly don't deserve it, IMO.

Stop pretending there is anything to discuss here or that you are actually interested in doing anything other than using this topic as a forum in which to exercise your hatred. I don't know if some of these posters were picked on too much in early life, are drastic under achievers, Internet forum warriors, all of the above or none of the above. One thing I know is this: the topic has nothing to do with what's being said here. This horrific puppy video is being used as a tool to validate what would otherwise be considered as hate speech.

If you think I am talking to you; I most likely am.

[edit on 5-3-2008 by SlightlyAbovePar]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Lol first off being that my entire family is completely from the corps i know what goes on in the camps and on base maybe not all but alot of it. Its discipline and training. I agree that its being a killer to a since but not completely. In some cases if they don't shoot and kill they will be killed, how do you get away from that? Its not like we are over there shooting at extremest that just looks at us. War is bloody and thats the cost but if talks fail then its our only option. You say they train them or make them into robots or slaves in boot camps well if having one of the most well trained military forces in the world right at my door step protecting me and my family and in todays world having to have the best or at least try is considered slavery or robots then so be it. Face it.....the option to never go to war in Human history has passed, war is an option and it will be used. Don't blame the men and woman blame your ancestors for throwing the first stone.

Yes we did try all we could to stop going to war, we gave the leader 48 hours to leave then we would not invaded that was clearly the words of the American leaders and the U.N then there is the talks we did in 1991-1999 and after. If you are going to mention that we would have invaded regardless of him leaving Iraq this could be true but it is highly unlikely. The reason for this is because after telling the world and making it clear that if he left we would not invade is a token of loyalty. If he left and then we still chose to invade anyways all of the world would have cut ties with us to a extent or our position in the U.N would have been cut. If anything maybe we knew he wouldn't leave but thats not the point we did try to avoid war. How you look at it is completely up to you.

EDITED TO ADD,
I also want it to be clear that im simply debating not arguing and id like to thank you all for the great discussion. Hard to find a good debate these days.

[edit on 5-3-2008 by Mr.x211]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Hi There,

It matters not if the content of the video is a fake setup or not, it is the message that it sends that's important.

Personally, I accept it to be genuine, and now that it has gone public, we are seeing a typical knee-jerk reaction on damage control. It's a fake! It's a fake! The hue and cry of the spin is just as abhorrent. I'm sure that when this Dr. Doolittle marine gets home, his neighbourhood will be hiding all their pets away from his braggart eyes. I'm sure there are other sociopathic copycats out their stalking puppies even as we debate the issue.

Well done that soldier, he's added another discredit to the Armed forces.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

I agree with you; the message it portrays is "out there" and regardless of the actual outcome - fake or not - the damage is done.

You note the damage he has done through his actions to the military. Can you think of any good acts the military has accomplished in Iraq?

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Whether fake or not..soldiers are people and you always get the rotten apples.

I haven't read all the posts...to me its the fact that one imbecile decided to put the prank/real event out to the civilian media...soldiers in this war have a very difficult job ..very difficult risking their lives for an unjust cause because they have been told to...thats very hard!!

And this one numbskull makes their job much harder when they come home!!

Like I said rotten apples...and this moron deserves all thats coming to him...because of his action...the people that hear about this will tar all soldiers with the same brush...and the guys the average soldier is just trying to survive this crap that many do not believe in...but have to do their job !!

So the guy that put this on ....should be roasted.....for the damage he has done to the soldier that is doing his job and that is the majority..

Rotten apples...how come just one has such a dramatic effect???

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SlightlyAbovePar

Can you think of any good acts the military has accomplished in Iraq?

Here is an entire website of good deeds that our military people are doing all around the world.
whattorture.blogspot.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Im done with this thread for one simple reason, i have gained the information i wanted from it.
Now this thread was especially informative for the simple video was the last thing people wanted to discuss. It shows the not only an american split veiw on the military, but the world's view. I was going to continue to argue and stress that significance of us knowing when we are over there that back home is a place of Salvation, somewhere we are missed. For we are in a world where we are the outcasts and targets.
We are not wanted there
And we are not wanted here.
Just truely understand that your words can always be read, dispite how your views might change.
Please take the time to see my posts on 6, 7, 8, 9.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join