It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The meaning of life. (To me.)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Methuselah
so the only real difference between Christians and Athiests are that christians believe that through Jesus Christ there is eternal life through faith, Athiests just believe that Jesus Christ was a normal man who had good teachings.

is this correct?

Not all atheists believe that Jesus existed, but many do and I personally find the historical evidence good enough to believe that he existed. You can't deny that his basic teachings about loving your fellow man are brilliant when contrasted with the vitriol displayed in the Old Testament. If he spent three or four years stalking the highways and biways of Gallilee telling everyone this, then it is no wonder he got people's backs up!

The major difference between Chrstians and Atheists is that Atheists don't believe in any sort of spirituality or divine being, literally they don't believe in anything beyond the physical world.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
ok they had his back, then turned right around and nailed him to a cross....
one of this own betrayed him.... one of his own denied him, the people who followed him mocked him and spat on him. yeah they had his back and then next thing you know he is nailed to a cross. explain that.

so athiests dont believe that he rose fom the dead either? he never sinned which would make him perfect. so why nail him to a cross?

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Methuselah

There are a few problems I have with that story.
1) Why would God feel the need to kill his only begotten son to redeem us to himself?

2) Why did JC have to tell God "Forgive them for they know not what they do." if he planned it that way?

3) Why in the heck is God a he anyway?

Erm sorry. Please don't take my questions as an attack on your faith but they are questions I have had and no one has been able to sufficiently answer them for me.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by WraothAscendant

I think to be is correct. But not to hate, but love. Of course, many being on the level they are now, hatred seems somewhat depressingly unevitable. So many people are so attached to their petty lives, that they begin to fear, but what is there to fear when you are one with the universe? Isn't it just a matter of perception, whether you look it as dead or alive? So, when one fears, from fear rises hatred, and you can guess rest of the punch that follows: Wars, destruction, genocide, rapes, all kind of violence, just because of fear. So, do not hate, but let the fear out from you and you will be free.

Anyway, I respect your world view
Be in peace.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by v01i0]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by WraothAscendant

There are a few problems I have with that story.
1) Why would God feel the need to kill his only begotten son to redeem us to himself?

2) Why did JC have to tell God "Forgive them for they know not what they do." if he planned it that way?

3) Why in the heck is God a he anyway?

Erm sorry. Please don't take my questions as an attack on your faith but they are questions I have had and no one has been able to sufficiently answer them for me.

God didnt kill anyone, Jesus Christ sacrificed himself to pay for our sins.
meaning that because we have sinned, we were on our way to hell unless we found a substitute. Jesus Christ sacrificed himself so that we could live and go to heaven instead. thats why Jesus died. God didnt kill him, that would be murder. there is a difference there.

Jesus was praying to God, probably telling him that he himself forgives them. yes they both knew what was going to happen. but you have to remember, Jesus was in the form of a human being, capable of feeling ever bit of human pain possible while on the cross. think about it, you are making a choice and at the same time knowing the outcome and still have to chose what to do. he still had the choice to call down his angels and have them save him. but instead he stayed on the cross, took our punishment and forgave us.
also God turned his back on his son due to the sin of the world being the weight on shoulders.

Why is God a he? are you more so asking why is he not a she?
a man presents an image of power whereas a woman does not.

now I dont know everything, and im not always the best at explaining things. but this is what makes sense to me. Now I havent heard a better explanation, im sure there is one but this is to the best of my knowledge.

does this answer any of your questions?

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

Eh. I view hate and love as different sides of the self same coin.
And though experiencing hate is something that helps you treasure love all the more. But I don't think they are forces in and of themselves more than just parts of a whole (meaning us).
It's all part of the experience.
Just my views.
And thank you very much for the respect.

Not really. Still doesn't make any sense to me. But, all well, we should most likely chock it up to differences in perception.

But I do have a tongue in cheek comment on the God being he or she.
You haven't met many strong women have you?
And I don't mean the brune hilda muscle women either. But a strong willed woman.

[edit on 22-2-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   

But I do have a tongue in cheek comment on the God being he or she.
You haven't met many strong women have you?
And I don't mean the brune hilda muscle women either. But a strong willed woman.

strong willed woman? of course those exist. what im saying is this. its natural for the man to be the dominant in the family, its natural for a man to be physical structure to be larger than a womans body structure. its natural for a man to be stronger.
now there are those cases where you have a strong woman or a weak man, but either way, we live in a world that is not perfect. God is perfect, so even if he was a woman (a she) they would still have the same power, wisdom, grace..etc, and who knows he might have created humans different with a different chemistry. idk, all I know is that God created this world along with this universe in perfect order. i dont know if there was any other way to make things work, im sure there is, but my brain cannot handle such thinking at times.
there is so much order in this galaxy its not even funny. all the way from the galaxy down to the insides of a living cell. there is signs of order and design everywhere we look.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Hey.
I am not attacking your beliefs. As I said that was tongue in cheek.
I respect that you have a right to your own beliefs.

Moving right along.
I don't know if I see a "design" but an underlying order yes as I stated in this post.

Man without woman could not exist, simple as that.
Yin and yang. Equal and opposite parts of the same thing.
But that's just my view.
My concept as to "God's" sex would have to be as I hinted at as neither or possibly both. But even what you mean and what I mean when one or the other says god is not the same thing. So we won't be coming to an agreement on that and I can live with that.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The great answer to life , the universe and everyything is.........

42!!

The meaning of life is purely an experience to understand who we are.

where we came from(the stars and genitically created and put here)where we are going.

life is simple to understand. we are here to evolve as a specie , but also to learn and grow spiritually. to become light beings, to become our own god of creation..becoming Co-creator..we forge our own future by our own thoughts..yes you create your own future..

We are multi-dimensionnal beings..we exist as this physical form living this physical life, but also you are spiritual being living and experiencing this life and living on another level of consciousness.

spirit and physical are one..

Anyhow..im trying to say...you are here to experience,to grow,and gain new things..life is just NOT ,Tv,mp3,Sport,religion and school..life is a personnal experience and to learn who you truly are..

Experience the true YOU...NOW

namaste!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by WraothAscendant

I would have to agree with most of what you have written but.....

Quote...

Death is as traumatic for the soul as it is for the newborn baby animal, a drastic change of conditions, so I think the body has ways it will in a way ease the transition, in otherwords the various activities science sees a brain going through (as well as trying to stay alive) prior to death.

I have been declared Brain Dead in the past, in 1973 to be more correct.

I was supposedly dead, for a period exceeding 30 minutes, and due to be prepared for embalming...

But Now I do Not know what Death is! As I discovered You can't destroy Life, commonly called Consciousness or Awareness....

There was Nothing traumatic for me, in Fact I recognised and understood everything I experienced during this time, but it had nothing at all to do with the Earth, or my experience in this Little Universe. Apart from withdrawing from the Program of Earth and this Little Universe.

I merely withdrew from the Program of Earth, and became only aware of my True Self and Life.

I don't need to guess any more, and know the exact make up of the Soul which is a body that the Program of the Universe is Manifest in.

The Soul is Not in the Universe, but The universe is Made Manifest in The Soul.

And The Mind Dwells in The Nucleus of The Soul.

The Experience of the Earth and this little Universe is merely the result of a program being plaid in The Soul.

Here is a Drawing of The Soul in 3D but because of the Metamorphoses of the Soul, mine is Now integral with the Parent Soul and exists in 2D...

This is The 3D version showing the Base Partition Map used in the Processing System on the Underside of the Soul....

No Guess Work here...

I have over 30,000 yes I did say 30,000 Drawings explaining the whole Processing System of The Soul.

Each Drawing is Precise.

Anyway here is the Drawing of The Soul showing the Matrix or Base Partition Map...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join