It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The meaning of life. (To me.)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The meaning of life. (To me.)
I thought of this while reading another thread and wanted to put into words my thoughts and ideas so here goes.

The meaning of life as far as I can see is simple. To be, to live, to die, to love, to hate, to live for the moment, to look to the future, to learn, to grow and everything else in encompassed in the short time we are allotted.

My cosmology of the infinite is (to put it simplistically) an infinite (time and distance mean nothing here) sea (some call it the Etheric Plane) in which we have creatures large to small (realities/souls same thing different attributes) but still pretty much the same creatures just different characteristics.
Most people see order and defined levels, in a nutshell hierarchal. I see that as a matter of course that many would see it that way. We are after all very hierarchical creatures. But I disagree, there are no levels one must achieve. I do not see nature as having a hierarchal system, the predator is no better than the prey. The intelligent is no better than the stupid. All serve there purposes with none being "better". I see all differing and all important circles at which nothing is at the top of, as there is no "top level". Mankind thinks he is special because of his technology when the simple fact of the matter is he would not survive were it not for his technology. Is not some sign of spiritual evolution or really even a physical one, after all, look at what we do with technology. We use it to find more thorough ways to destroy ourselves. I see humans as animals that have a different way of going about stuff and in NO WAY our inferiors, but I also know in nature life feeds on life so no veganism for me. But we are in a sense brothers and sisters just different as to the point of un-understandability.

We are simply as far as I am concerned (again simplistically) baby realities (read my concept of gods), I base this on the amazingly weird things that happens with belief and our minds. That is what our souls are, the seed that will eventually if we so chose lead to another reality to swim in that vast sea we call the Etheric Plane. But more on that later.

I will now be going into what I believe happens a little in life and at death. Our creation (or conception) happens at the conception of our physical bodies. The seed of our souls (conscious mind) really have yet to grow (don't really grow much to start for humans for at least a few years) and we get at least the start of our "life energy/soul" from our reality, that explains ancient memories, life regression and etc, basically the primal energy of our souls (just like we have primal parts of the physical brain) and this is required for all life and it stays with us throughout our lives and returns to source (the parent reality) at death which serves to help the reality learn. Which is partially where the ideas for reincarnation comes from. Ok. Throughout life we grow and mature as does our soul, our bodies I think I should note I really nothing more than a kind of amniotic sack for our soul and provides a way for the soul to mature. Til we hit that great change called death. Death is as traumatic for the soul as it is for the newborn baby animal, a drastic change of conditions, so I think the body has ways it will in a way ease the transition, in otherwords the various activities science sees a brain going through (as well as trying to stay alive) prior to death. It lubricates the path of a soon to be bodiless soul. At which point the primal energy returns to source to be reused and the souls goes on or comes back or does something else.
And please note souls can be damaged at the beginning stages or even snuffed out by abortion which is why I disdain abortion, crimes against children and etc. But the borrowed "life force" will still go back to source just the soul never had a chance to grow.
And this life force carries the memory in diluted form of the being when it returns and mixes with the "life energy" of other beings (aka Akashic records, past lives etc). *Added as an after thought*

Now this is where I think belief comes ever larger in the picture. One thing I am sure of is we go through a life review, it is a theme in every religion that I can think of in some shape or form. But it can look different to each soul, you know Anubis and the Feather of Truth, the abrahamic religions and their god's judgement of a soul etc. But each soul wraps this event in differing views. But in the end it is a review of ones actions and what harm or good they have caused. We see the cause and effect of every act of our life in such a way we see in ways we could never before for whatever reason because the lens of perception of each and every person is marred by something. And we pass judgment on ourselves, based on that, with all the insulating reasons, excuses and whatnot that we wrap the truth of our actions in to protect ourselves throughout life. Of course a soul can stick around Earth and avoid this, never acknowledging it has passed on, or just feels it has to do something still. This is how we get ghosts, and when a soul sticks around for a long time it forgets and this is were we get the stories of spirit beings and etc.

After this and through out this (life and death) our beliefs play a big part in it and in a way we make our own heavens and hells, Etheric realm is after all a realm of pure thought to put it simplistically. If a soul believes in a concept he/she/it will set about making that be true just as he/she/it did in life along with other souls that share that belief. The baby godism playing through even if never realized to full potential and used to give power to something else. It's possible we can return as well but I am not convinced.

Evolution to me is simply a reality coming to (in a matter of speaking) sexual maturity.

So any thoughts, questions, requests for clarification (samething as the one before it I know
)?
Think I am just a wackjob huh?

[edit on 10-2-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
While this is a pleasant read, I dont really see what you expect us to discuss about.

agree/disagree doesnt matter. What does matter is that people start creating their own belief-system rather than taking them from second sources like they have in the last few thousand years. And THAT is what you just did...you werent asking for the answers, you were making the answers. Start asking for answers and you have hoards of snake-oil-salesmen running after you.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
im against the kiddie fiddlin thing like yourself but wouldn the fact of it mearly having experienced something have enriched the soul and added something to the ball of energy at the end/begining of it all? i doubt the energy has human morals, not many humans do for that matter!

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

But I am curious about what the non-snake oilers think.

I love to get others views on my thoughts.
Well not the your-so-stupid-and-crazy sort of thoughts.

*Edited to sound less retarded*

reply to post by Pro-genetic

My thoughts on it is with abortion. Your killing a potential soul like if you destroy a seed your destroying a potential tree. You know sort of come into self or whatever.
And as for adverse effects of messing with children or really anyone is the simple fact you may send that soul into a tailspin of suffering that it may never pull out of. There is such a thing as lost souls I think. And there are probly efforts to help them but in the land of the mental it can be nigh impossible to help particular people.
And a child is vastly more susceptible to said possiblity.
I tend to reject the new age, everything will be alright for you in the end view. But nor do I accept the thought of forever damned. Unless of course you allow yourself to get thrown into afformentioned tailspin and for whatever reason are unable to pull out.

Not really moral, just cause and effect.
Well you get what I mean right?

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I messed up I meant Astral said Etheric.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I think the meaning of life is what you make of it. Some people choose making money and being powerful; some people choose worshiping whatever their god may be. Others choose love, and some people choose to experience everything they can in their lifetime. Anyone catch my drift?

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by vivalarevolution

Exactamundo which is sort of what I was saying.

Thank you for the input.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by vivalarevolution

I did. Some people worship money. Some people worship deities. Some worship God. And some people are Satanists.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I don't really condone abortion, but I don't think that it kills a soul. It just tells it to come back another time.

I think we keep coming back anyway. An evolution of the soul probably happens over lifetimes.

Then there are those who believe that the Earth is actually a prison for souls. That the reason we see so much suffering, and in ever increasing numbers, is because we are trapped here. Our souls have become inbred in a stagnant pool of life.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

I don't really condone abortion, but I don't think that it kills a soul. It just tells it to come back another time.

Yea I thought more about that after it was too late to edit again. And I agree. I don't think it kills a soul. And reincarnation is a choice. Which is of course purely my opinion.

I think we keep coming back anyway. An evolution of the soul probably happens over lifetimes.

I think the "perfecting" of a soul is another of the situations where belief plays in again. More or less. You believe it. It's right. And once beyond you go about making it true, like in that movie "What Dreams May Come" (I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it). Though the parent reality has sway largely in the physical we do have some bending room. But once "beyond" well, total control.

Then there are those who believe that the Earth is actually a prison for souls. That the reason we see so much suffering, and in ever increasing numbers, is because we are trapped here. Our souls have become inbred in a stagnant pool of life.

I can see where people come up with that. But it seems to me to be more a whiners approach. Life can suck. But I think its all part of the learning process.

[edit on 13-2-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
where are all these souls coming from?there are more people alive today then there ever was before,by a wide margin

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Well.
Asexual reproduction of a reality.
Thought I made that clear sorry.

[edit on 13-2-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   

The people alive today are the souls of animals we ate yesterday.

I think lifeforce is lifeforce, regardless of the physical form.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Don't be surprised if your thread gets moved to BTS Theology.

Thats where my "Possible Meaning of Life" thread went in about 30 mins!

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

This one has been up for a while.
And how does that contribute to the topic at hand hmm?

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
The meaning of life depends upon how you view the world.

1. Someone made the world.
or
2. The world made itself.

if you believe that there is a creator who made everything then your meaning of life seems to be a little more defined.

if you believe that the world made itself and by chance made you, your meaning of life is not defined. and if the purpose of life is to live, be, love, hate, etc... and there is no creator nor an after life... what is the purpose of doing any of that? what is the purpose of life if there is nothing greater than ourselves?

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Methuselah

No, actually your trying to make me choose creationism or evolution when I blatantly choose to accept neither.
I think the truth is more in the middle ground of those two theories.
Didn't read very far into my post did you?
Or did you just not understand it?
Please don't take that last line as an insult to your intelligence as it was honestly not meant as such. But I feel I answered your question within the initial post itself.
But if it is the last one please tell me what you had a problem understanding and I shall attempt to clarify.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
no offense taken.
I wasnt really trying to answer your question for you, rather I just presented my train of thought when it comes to finding ones purpose in life. thats all.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Methuselah

Ah ok.
I hope you don't my saying this and please take this as constructive criticism but seems like your looking at it in a polarized fashion.
You know creation versus evolution.
But I think the whole reason people polarize things is because it gives a sense of community with a shared umm opponent to have it purely a black and white your with us or against us manner.
I advise you and try to avoid like the plague letting yourself be drawn into polarization on well most matters.
The world is seldom just black and white as polarized people tend to like to pretend.

But then I just rambled.
Have a good eve.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join