It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PROOF that Ancient Civilizations were as advanced as us!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

This proves that the first know civilization, the Sumerians, had knowledge that was just as advanced as our current knowledge, if not more.

While the claim sounds all fancy and amazing, one really need to define "our current knowledge" of what? Astronomy is a tiny, microscopic, piece of current modern knowledge and the fact of planets in our solar system is yet a tiny, microscopic piece of our knowledge in astromony. So I call the claim in the quote complete bullplop. It being amazing knowledge that boggles the mind if they had it is another matter.

Yeah I'm a pessimist

[edit on 30-7-2008 by merka]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The Celestial Body is not the sun at all. It is Saturn. Notice the six pointed star surounding it. Our sun wasn't visible at that time. This is a Saturnian model. Saturn being our original "Sun".

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Yeah i'm sure thats why we orbit Saturn. Cmon Saturn isn't our original sun.

The tablet clearly depicts the solar system as it was thousands of years ago and amazingly it hasn't changed.

If it shows the moons and dwarf planets of our solar system i think is a good question to consider.

Though i think the tablet shows our solar system's planets with out moons or dwarf planets.

What i believe though is the 12th planet is supposedly Nibiru and that if Nibiru was to be classified it wouldn't be a dwarf planet because its size is supposedly considerably larger then earth.

The six points could mean a number of things, they were rays of the sun, the people could of also known that the sun was a star and something that could not be landed upon, or even something such as the jewish star of david and its six points dating back to when the tablet was created. There isn't much of a way to tell what the points mean except by the best guess each person has.

[edit on 6-8-2008 by Quickfix]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trauma

I think this is a scene with an eclipse in progress... a star with a round body (moon) in front... seems obvious - perhaps it's just me!?

Seems a good way to date whatever is depicted happening in the scene also, if the smaller dots around the eclipse are actual stars in their relative positions to the event, and not just stars randomly put there for the sake of making clear the event occurred in the sky - that wouldn't be in character with the way Sumarians did things I don't think?

[edit on 3-10-2008 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ketzer22

earth is seventh planet out to in including the moon

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Did anyone consider the possibility that pluto was originally a moon orbiting a lost / destroyed planet? obviously with that planet gone it would follow a straight orbit round the sun, and it is very moonlike. Just a random thought. - Woogle

Some have suggested that Pluto and Charon escaped from the orbit of Neptune when the solar system suffered a loss of a major planet. Uranus tipped over during the event as well.

Exploded Planet Hypothesys

Remnants of the lost planet.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Yes the ancients were very advanced but there are some things that they are not as advanced as us in... like technology. They were more advanced in the natural arts like astronomy and math etc

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Trauma

PROOF that Ancient Civilizations were as advanced as us!

This maybe proof that they had insite to things we are just finding out. You know it always makes me wonder about all these civilizations that were more advance are not here anymore?.......Why?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

Yeah its believed that the astroid belt used to make up a planet. When it exploded it caused a lot of the atronomical phenomena like uranus etc. Some believe that th planet exploded while some "spaceships" were out exploring space or something. the theory is now they visit other planets to try to get what they need to survive, and they just live in their ships. Its very interesting.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by Trauma

Hope you don't mind me adding this, Trauma, but what do you think of this:

It's in one of the pyramids of Egypt, Osiris' I believe. Pretty famous but one of my friends who believes the Sumerian mythology (but believes they were aliens) has that on his Myspace page.

What kind of explanations can you offer for this? Surely it has been mentioned on ATS several times but I'm still fairly new and am interested in hearing your (or anyone's) thoughts.

It looks like a helicopter, submarine, a couple of space ships to me.

[edit on 2/7/2008 by AshleyD]

This is a palimpsest

A good explanation can be found here.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Man’s position among creation

The most revolutionary discoveries in history have been those which altered the way humans perceived themselves in the universe.We discovered that the earth was not at the centre of the universe.We discovered that our Sun was a very ordinary star located in an insignificant part of an ordinary galaxy,which was only one of millions of galaxies.These discoveries should have humbled us.Yet,even today,many of us triumphantly proclaim ourselves as being the most supreme creation of God.It is common to ascribe our cherished position among all living things to our higher intellectual abilities.If we were to find out that there are other intelligent beings in the universe,and that some may be intellectually more superior to us,where would that leave us ?Would we finally be dethroned?

Sura 17:70 informs us,”Verily We have honoured the children of Adam…and preferred them above many of those whom We created with a marked preferment.” (56) Many translations fail to mention the “marked preferment” in the verse,although the verse contains the Arabic “tafzelan” which conveys this.Note that the verse mentions that there are other creatures besides humans,who have also been given a position of distinction,and humans have been preferred above many,not all,of these creatures.Usmani states in a comment on this verse,”Under this verse a debate is opened:Who is superior- Man or Angel?But logically this verse does not decide the issue.” (57) Another scholar has written,”From this (verse) it is evident that whatever superiority humans have got over other creatures is not whole.Allah’s creatures contain such creatures upon which humans have got no superiority.”It must be remembered here that while so far we have been discussing material alien lifeforms,the debate of man’s position in creation includes both material and spiritual creatures of God.Some early authorities,such as Hasan,have not accepted the word “akser” mentioned in 17:70 as meaning “many”.Hasan maintains that the word “akser”,as used in 17:70, should be understood as meaning “all”,since the same word is used in 26:233 and 10:36,where it would be inappropriate to take its meaning as “many” but rather as “all”.With such a substitution in verse 17:70,the meaning would be altered to mean that man is preferred by God over all creatures.

The debate on man’s status continues among scholars and also among the public.Let us make an analogy to the debate of whether man is superior to woman.Suppose for a moment that we hand the trophy to man and let him enjoy his “superior” position.On the Day of Judgement,it will only be deeds that count and good women will go to Paradise and bad men will burn in Hell.Who would have been more superior?As you can see,in the final analysis,any debate on the status of a race,or species is useless.From earlier verses mentioned in this article,the reader will remember that,according to the Quran, God will judge humans as well as aliens on the basis of their deeds and reward them accordingly.Many humans will be sent to Hell for their wrongdoings. At the same time there will be aliens who will be rewarded for their good deeds.Who would be more superior- the unbelieving human or the faithful alien?The answer is obvious.Therefore,what’s the use of debating this point?Status of a creature is relative to its moral conduct.Sura 95:4-5 states, “Surely We created man of the best stature,then We reduced him to the lowest of the low.” (58)

Islam and the geocentric universe
1400 years ago in the deserts of Arabia,a Prophet received revelations,mentioning the existence of extraterrestrial life through countless heavenly bodies in the universe,and prophesying that one day, humans will indeed discover aliens and Today we HAVE, hear to people like JOHN LEAR and his friends and the ANTARCTICAN CARGO STORIES coupled to the ANTIGRAV, you dont have to be a MUSLIM to get to the bottom of ALLAH’s secrets, THINK ABOUT it ,

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by iesus_freak

Yeah its believed that the astroid belt used to make up a planet.vive, and they just live in their ships. Its very interesting.

No.

That was a very early theory of the origin which has very little evidence. The Titus-Bode rule, one of the major pieces of "evidence" cited, does not fit the solar system as we know it.

The currently accepted theory is that the asteroids are a failed planet, one that never formed. Collisions within the belt and gravitational perturbations from Jupiter prevented the chunks from coalescing into a single body.

[edit on 25-10-2008 by Phage]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

A failed planet does not make any sense. When the solar system was first forming there would have been molten material spewing out of the sun. The moten metal would have melded together at certain points within the solar system. Melt some solder and you'll notice it forms into a large ball as you keep adding solder. The material in the asteriod belt would have been forming at the same time Jupiter was being formed. There's no reason why the molten rock just gave up because of the influence of Jupiter. They were forming at the same time. The asteroid belt won't turn into a planet now because the rocks aren't molten.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace
reply to post by Phage

A failed planet does not make any sense. When the solar system was first forming there would have been molten material spewing out of the sun. The moten metal would have melded together at certain points within the solar system. Melt some solder and you'll notice it forms into a large ball as you keep adding solder. The material in the asteriod belt would have been forming at the same time Jupiter was being formed. There's no reason why the molten rock just gave up because of the influence of Jupiter. They were forming at the same time. The asteroid belt won't turn into a planet now because the rocks aren't molten.

The sun, planets, comets, asteroids and everything else in the solar system were probably formed at more or less the same time, from matter condensing out of a nebula . The planets were not formed from molten metal and no molten metal was "spewed" from the sun.

Formation of the Solar System

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Originally posted by lostinspace
reply to post by Phage

When the solar system was first forming there would have been molten material spewing out of the sun.

The sun, planets, comets, asteroids and everything else in the solar system were probably formed at more or less the same time, from matter condensing out of a nebula . The planets were not formed from molten metal and no molten metal was "spewed" from the sun.

Formation of the Solar System

Thanks for the informative link Phage, or Lord John Whorfin. I still think the asteroid belt region should have turned into either a terrestrial planet or a gas planet during the formative period. The asteroid belt would make more sense if it just resided in the Kuiper Belt. I won't be satisfied until we visit some of our neighboring solar systems for comparison.

[edit on 25-10-2008 by lostinspace]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Fair enough. I fear you're in for a long wait though.

(It's Lizardo, I'll have you know...or is it? Was I?)

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I plan on getting the overthruster so I can get to those other solar systems faster, but John Bigboote is always on my back.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by iesus_freak

Advanced civilizations? Most likley! Look at modern discoveries & look back at ancient myths & we find that behind most every one of them is a kernel of truth (if not more). Personally i believe that there were advanced civilizations and technologies long ago, there are areas on almost every continent that seem to indicate neuclear war in our distant past, these areas are still as radioactive as hiroshima, blast zones and all. I also believe that this knowledge came from "visitors from the sky" including genetic manipulation (that is where we get our half human half beast myths from almost every civilization & also the stories of giant humans). However these visitors were not from another planet they are fallen angels and part of their plan was to corrupt the human gene pool. They will be back oneday to attempt yet more deception, of this also i am certain.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by bootsnspurs33

Howdy BnS33

Advanced civilizations? Most likley! Look at modern discoveries & look back at ancient myths & we find that behind most every one of them is a kernel of truth (if not more). Personally i believe that there were advanced civilizations and technologies long ago, there are areas on almost every continent that seem to indicate neuclear war in our distant past, these areas are still as radioactive as hiroshima, blast zones and all.

Hans: Actually no, that claim has been made in the past but is not evidenced. There are places that look like they might have been hit but a surface blast but natural sources (meteorites going very fast) account for those - and imagination from fringe writers

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.

Seems a good way to date whatever is depicted happening in the scene also, if the smaller dots around the eclipse are actual stars in their relative positions to the event, and not just stars randomly put there for the sake of making clear the event occurred in the sky - that wouldn't be in character with the way Sumarians did things I don't think?

CHUD,

You almost nailed it!

Excellent work!

In fact, it depicts the Pleiades star cluster and it was used to indicate the timing of the event shown.

For all you woo-woos out there, that emblem you believe to be representative of our solar system is no such thing.
The Sumerians had a distinctive sign for our Sun, and it is not what you see in the center of the emblem.

The Sumerians had absolutely no knowledge of any planets that are not visible to the naked eye. We know this for a fact because the Sumerians themselves tell us so.

They left a great many records of their astrology, none mention anything in the sky that cannot be seen with the naked eye.

The pic in question here is the imprint of a cylinder seal. Seals were not used to record history or relate knowledge per se, but to indicate ownership, to ensure credit, to commemorate events, etc.

Harte

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join