It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PROOF that Ancient Civilizations were as advanced as us!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Imagination: Albert Einstein Quotations

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

www.quoteworld.org...

Logics will get you from A to B,
imagination will take you everywhere.

[edit on 9-3-2008 by johnb1]

Mod Note: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Forum Image Linking Policy – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10-3-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Wow, thats pretty accurate, even knowing about the double planet

I like how people think that because they chose to put information in the form of wall carvings they were primitive. Because they chose to store the information in this way it has lasted over 4000 years, I doubt any new technology we have could last that long.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Here have some Break (^^,) The New Version LAW of Relativity Pattern Conversation

[edit on 9-3-2008 by johnb1]

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by johnb1

Excuse me but I don't understand what are you doing?

Do you have any idea what the topic is about?

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Yes I do Understand Due to respect in their Advance Ancient Architecture,Science,Math,Medicine,Astrology and Ancient Writings (^^,)

Pyramid

Mayan Architecture

China

Japan

eawc.evansville.edu...

Why Study Ancient World Cultures?
An Essay by Bill Hemminger

Philippines

and many More to say

Africa

Hope you like this Pattern Cheer-up

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ketzer22
I've read a lot of stuff about the Sumerians. And to answer your question bert- The Sumerians believed in the Annunaki which translates to "those who from heaven came to earth" and they believed the Annunaki were their gods. The way they knew about all this stuff was that they were told by the annunaki who are supposedly from the 12th planet of the Sumerians.. or our 10th planet.. or 9th if you don't want to include pluto anymore. Sumerians are very interesting indeed.. But what I don't understand is if they were so advanced, why make drawings on clay? Why not do something on photoshop?

The answer is simple. In stone it's ummm more concrete? What would happen to photoshop in a thousand years if you're pc or house if it was left unattended and at the mercy of nature? Onley certain things are so durable on this planet, not even metal lasts. Gold and stone all the way baby, that is if you want people to read about it in 10 thousand years from now. Stone is more abundant than gold, and a tad less expensive.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sethdarke
Nah, you dont understand, in those days thats how they did things, of course they didnt have photoshop and all that, they had knowledge, and a much different kind of knowledge than we use today, why would they need photoshop, or a computer, they were miners and servants...

They were TOLD by the annunaki how the world worked and where the planets were, they might even have been shown first hand....some might even have been taken to their planet...

point is, the annunaki were advanced, not the sumerians...

yeah I have to agree with you. The annunaki wouldn't have shared that sorta stuff with the slaves lol..

Ask a physicist what a computer would look like after it was buried for 8000 years.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
There seems to be no point at all in posting in this thread if your brain contains even a modicum of logic.

It's been stated here, in this thread, that the Sumerians had no knowledge whatsoever concerning any planets beyond the ones everyone can see with the naked eye.

Why would people persist in claiming they did?

Are you all simply too lazy to find out for yourself? Are you afraid to be wrong about this because of some dread that maybe the "mainstream" hasn't been "lying" to you all along and you might have to finally come to grips with the horrible idea that there is no "secret group" in charge of running the world!!! (Oh My GOD!!!)

I'll be the first to admit that it is far more horrifying to believe that no one is in control than it is to believe you're being duped by "those in control."

Get used to it.

Bunch a crybabies.

Harte

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I'm not going to lie. I didn't read through all 13 pages because 1 question popped into my head. So if someone brought this up don't kill me.

Where are their telescopes????

There is no way they could see Pluto with the naked eye no matter how observant they were. I mean WE didn't even find the other one until 2005. I know someone will say mysterious ways we don't understand, but it is just not possible. It is simply not luminous enough.

Do you understand the scope of astronomy by eye? It is incredibly hard and time consuming, you can't just look up and say hey that sure looks like a planet. Plus look at how often Pluto orbits the sun, never mind get in an area observable to us at the same time, our rotation periods are different, and its is incredibly slower than our. I'm sure it would only be visible to the naked eye a small fraction of the time, even if it was visible from Earth.

I'm still a big fan of the Sumerians though

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Ask a physicist what a computer would look like after it was buried for 8000 years.

Hey my kind of question

Assuming an average soil - lets say sandy silt as you get in Mesopotamia - what would be left of my computer after 8,000 years

Assumption that the computer was buried six feet down as part of a burial

the plastic case would still be there, the glass from the monitor screen would still exist unaltered (I have two screens an old viewsonic P220f and a never Acer flat screen). Gold connections in the cpu would be in fine shape, anything iron would have rusted away, but alumimum and the insulation for the electral wires would be there as would the silicon of the chips themselves, the plastic fans, the copper from wires would still be there. All in all a very noticable impact, it would "leap out" at to someone digging it.

Assumption that the computer was in a room when the city was sacked and the partial building burned.

The plastic might be gone and the metals melted and pooled. The glass would be okay, the silicon would still be there along with some exotic metals.

Kool question

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quiintus

this is assuming that they threw computers they didn't want into the dirt, something I find hard to believe when they were so far from the Nibiru version of Dixons. I would be far more interested in knowing what an interplanetary spaceship would look like after 8000 years. Why is it 8000 years anyway. the sumerian culture didn't exist until approx 5000 years ago.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
.. But what I don't understand is if they were so advanced, why make drawings on clay? Why not do something on photoshop?

[edit on 22-4-2008 by its a girl! aka Nicole]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by its a girl! aka Nicole

'Cause something computers do it crash. Even today people make things out of rock, clay, wood, ect. Sure we have Photoshopt, but you can't quiet replace a good stattue or carving.
Not supporting the idea that carvings prvoe they were as adnvanced as we are, or that someone who uses their imagination instead of information is always right, but a computer isn't a great place to store everything.
As for imagination and logic, you'll find that the great inventors and philosophers used BOTH. Not each seperately. Logic for getting from point a to be, imagination for HOW to actually get their. You can imagine all you want, but you can't change the world just imagining.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Rock lasts as does baked clay - but its hard to copy and difficult to trasmit. Plus AFAWK that is all they had.

Not sure why 8,000 came up, the Sumerian culture began to become literate about 5,000 years ago as noted above.

Oh funny comment Harte

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Saturn may not have had rings, and Jupiter may not have had moons.
It seems that only recently there were several added there.
They may have shown our Moon because the Earth became impotant to them.
Also those other very small planets may not have been there.

Everything that is now might not have been then way many, many years ago.

Humans have outraageously large egos that are so punchtured whenever evidence arises that indicate there was a highly advanced civilization before us. Get over it. We are really very insignificant in this Universe.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Howdy Ohzone

I'd love to discover evidence of an unknown civilization. Unfortunately no compelling evidence has come to light.

What evidence do you find that moved you from not believing to believing in a UAC (unknown ancient civilization)?

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluess

Hey thats a good point ... no doubt about it. But ...I really think most people who enjoy and respect Sitchin's work do not take it as absolute truth. He really just presents an intriguing take on the Sumerians and ancient history. Those sites that you referenced are fine to use as well when trying to come to your own conclusion .... but ... they are also based on an interpretation ..... and often times those interpretations were transposed by biased men who simply could not and would not except the ancient astronaut theory. Like everything else .. the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. Even in the middle we will find a truly fantastic new historical perspective ...no? Sitchin is certainly not the only one pimping the AA theory. Just go to a Barnes and Noble or a Borders and pay attention to how many authors decipher the texts a bit different then Sitchin ... but are still light years away from what was in my high school history book. Sitchin is just one piece to an amazing puzzle that gets put together through the diligent work of open minded people all over the world who understand that our ancient ancestors were far more advanced then the old guard historians care to admit. IMHO

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Howdy there Enki

Interpretation is a kind word, making up stuff would probably be more accurate. Which is why Sitchin isn't considered a reliable source. Of course Sitchin didn't write for science he wrote for the popular market.

You can learn the language and translate it yourself.

Sumerian Literature

Sitchin cannot even get basic archaeology right as demonstrated by his having on his webpage a 35 year old blatant error (and yes he knows it)

The Colossal Stone Blocks

The most important section of that ancient Landing Place was its northwestern corner, where the remains of the Jupiter temple are located. Its ruins stand atop a platform that rose even higher by rows of perfectly shaped stone blocks weighing some 600 tons each. (Fig. 3); this is a weight that no existing modern equipment can lift. (By comparison, the stone blocks of the Great Pyramid in Giza, Egypt, weigh about 25 tons each).

Sitchin's home page

so...."no existing modern equipment can lift" ????

That is a good example of Sitchin's knowledge level

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

www.amixheavylift.com...

You know what. .... your right!! ... I did google a crane that can lift 600 tons . I just am not sure this baby would fit in a time machine to go back and work that ancient job site. Your assertion that Sitchin just made up all the facts in his 10,000 or so pages of writing is laughable. ... but ... whatever. I'm not going to change your mind am i
I say that maybe sitchins translation are more accurate than the old guard who simply could not / would not translate "shem" as spaceship. The other thing that is ironic is that on ATS a lot of us are on the UFO's are real side .... so why then is UFO's so unbelievable in ancient times????

Did you just take your history book in high school as cold hard fact? ..

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Howdy Enki

Sitchin's translation are often "made up", take one of his translations and compare it to a "real" one at the site I suggested.

Did he make up a lot of stuff in his ten thousand pages? Yes he did, did he misinterpret lots of stuff? Yes he did. Did he get some things right? He probably did but usually his conclusions were wrong and I cannot recall anything that he was right about. What did you feel he got right?

I read his first five books (used) but then skipped some and tried again on the Enki disaster - threw that one away as pure trash.

Did you just take your history book in high school as cold hard fact?

Did you just take Sitchins fiction books as cold hard fact?

Why not list three verifiable facts that Sitchin got right and the mainstream was/is wrong about?

He obviously didn't get moving rocks right...

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join