It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PROOF that Ancient Civilizations were as advanced as us!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
The first known civilization, the Sumerians, rose over eight thousand years ago.
The little that we know of them was left behind on rocks. One of the most interesting and perplexing things they left behind was this.

A perfect depiction of our heliocentric solar system, with the moon included (the Sumerians considered the Moon a planet). Pluto and Charon are even depicted as a tiny pair. We only discovered Pluto in 1930, and in 2005 that it and Charon are a double planet.
The most interesting part of the picture is the twelfth body way out in the distance to the right.
This would be Sedna.
Discovered in 2003, it easily could have been right around the area depicted in the Sumerian star map over eight thousand years ago.
This proves that the first know civilization, the Sumerians, had knowledge that was just as advanced as our current knowledge, if not more.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Hmmm, now that IS interesting.

I am very curious how they could find Charon and Sedna.

Good post

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Thanks bert. I hope this gets around I really would like to debate this. It's something that has always interested me the most, and I only read about Sedna 2 days ago even though the discovery is five years old. It blew me away.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I've read a lot of stuff about the Sumerians. And to answer your question bert- The Sumerians believed in the Annunaki which translates to "those who from heaven came to earth" and they believed the Annunaki were their gods. The way they knew about all this stuff was that they were told by the annunaki who are supposedly from the 12th planet of the Sumerians.. or our 10th planet.. or 9th if you don't want to include pluto anymore. Sumerians are very interesting indeed.. But what I don't understand is if they were so advanced, why make drawings on clay? Why not do something on photoshop?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Ketzer22

Sumerians are very interesting indeed.. But what I don't understand is if they were so advanced, why make drawings on clay? Why not do something on photoshop?

classic.

Yes, good question. Why create drawings on clay and walls, if you have the technology to see millions of miles into space?

Makes you wonder if they were getting their info from somewhere/something else eh?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
It says in the Sumerian texts that humans were created by space traveling aliens who mixed their DNA with a hominid from Earth. These aliens could have passed the knowledge to them.
I don't know if I believe it, but it explains the missing link between monkeys and men.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Nah, you dont understand, in those days thats how they did things, of course they didnt have photoshop and all that, they had knowledge, and a much different kind of knowledge than we use today, why would they need photoshop, or a computer, they were miners and servants...

They were TOLD by the annunaki how the world worked and where the planets were, they might even have been shown first hand....some might even have been taken to their planet...

point is, the annunaki were advanced, not the sumerians...

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Trauma

Actually, I think the multitude of fossils of early hominids provide clues to the missing link between man and ape myself.
Alright, so you have a dot between two figures that you say is a separate planetary body. You also say that they identified Pluto and Charon, but left out both Jupiter and Saturn's much more impressive collection of moons.
You are also saying that a biased interpretation of hieroglyphs representing the heavens is proof positive that the ancients were as advanced as us.
Every theology has some sort of creation story, I don't see the difference here.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

You also say that they identified Pluto and Charon, but left out both Jupiter and Saturn's much more impressive collection of moons.

Good point, but I think what the OP referred to was how they considered Pluto & Charon a 'double planet'. With that being the case, they only really put OUR moon up there.

Also, I agree that the statement of them being as advanced is a bit of an overstatement, but nonetheless, very interesting how they could know.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Another interesting tid-bit of information about the sumerians is they referred to the earth as the 7th planet. Why would they call the earth the 7th planet you might ask? Well, from the 10th planet out (Nibiru, home of the annunaki, their gods) the earth is the 7th INTO the solar system, but it is the 3rd, dare I say it, rock from the sun. Hence, further proving that the annunaki are real.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Ketzer22

Unless of course, they counted the Pluto/Charon double planet twice.

Once again, this line is here so that I don't lose points.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Well, I'm not sure that they would've counted Pluto/Charon. I don't see why they would've, really. This is certainly possible, but we're still left with the fact that they knew that those 2 planets existed WELL before 1935 or 1939 I can't remember which year pluto was discovered by modern astronomers. How do you explain that?

[edit on 7-2-2008 by Ketzer22]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

What I meant was, they included Pluto and Charon, both smaller than our moon and many of Jupiter's moons.
What I'm trying to say here is that, yeah it can be incredibly accurate, as long as you leave out the bits that don't make sense.
Just thinking for a sec, maybe some of the other planets are actually some of the moons of Jupiter? Lets say they left off Pluto, Charon, Uranus. Get up to Neptune, and then add in the four moons that are easily visible. It fits.

Edit: Forgot the names of the planets.

[edit on 7-2-2008 by RuneSpider]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Yes, I suppose that is possible.

It is just curious the number of celestial bodies they apparently decided on.

But yes, your scenario is possible. Still impressive though that they were able to see them.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Trauma

Funny that we constantly hear about the Annunaki but never the Igigi or Annuna. And the Sumerian myths say that humans were created from the silt of the irrigation ditches the gods (namely the Igigi) were digging. Nothing about genetic manipulation. just your usual "gods making people from dirt" myths.

Does anyone on ATS research?

[edit on 7-2-2008 by TheWalkingFox]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
reply to post by Trauma

1Actually, I think the multitude of fossils of early hominids provide clues to the missing link between man and ape myself.
2Alright, so you have a dot between two figures that you say is a separate planetary body. 3You also say that they identified Pluto and Charon, but left out both Jupiter and Saturn's much more impressive collection of moons.
4You are also saying that a biased interpretation of hieroglyphs representing the heavens is proof positive that the ancients were as advanced as us.
5Every theology has some sort of creation story, I don't see the difference here.

1) We won't get into a creation debate.
2) Do you think they accidently chiseled that dot? Don't you think it might be relevant to the other similar dots depicted as our solar system? After all it does fit.
3) Yes Jupiter and Saturn's moons. Not planets. This is a planetary diagram. I might add that the Sumerians considered the Moon a planet. It is slowly receding from Earth and will eventually become a planet which makes me wonder if they knew that too.
4) Biased? There is a clear depiction of the Sun with the planets orbiting it, all in their relative size. I think you would be biased to say it doesn't at least resemble a depiction of our solar system.
5) The only difference is that this was the first known civilization of humans to have ever existed, so I would think that gives their creation story a bit more credibility. Many very early civilizations share some of the same creation stories as well.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Does anyone on ATS research?

Wow. What a way to turn a normal friendly conversation into a heated one.

Chill out, and maybe make your first post to this thread a bit more conversational. I didn't see the OP say anything that deserves that kind of response.

Did you really HAVE to add that last sentence in?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
As much as I enjoy Sacharia Sitchin's translation of the old sumerian text, It is however not necaseraly the correct translation.

Here are some links to do a little research on your own and maybe get a few different angles to the sumerian herritage.

ancientscripts.com

faculty.gvsu.edu

-etcsl.orient.ox.ac.uk

Here is some books on the subject.

amazon.com

I think it is important to look at history from more than one mans view. And if you read some of the ancient texts, yourself, you will see that many translations are very creative to say the least.

Good luck

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

The Annunaki and Anunna are one in the same, and the Igigi are simply lower gods. I have done plenty of research and thank you for disagreeing so politely.

I would really like to stay on the topic of the depiction of our solar system, not an endless Annunaki/Nephilim debate.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Anyone care to address why the Annunaki also considered earth the 7th planet? Everyone seemed to ignore my post lol.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join