It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PROOF that Ancient Civilizations were as advanced as us!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

I've noticed in my time here on ATS that people will immediately jump to debunk things that are easily debunked. I've looked at a lot of UFO threads that you can't really debunk, that have really interesting content, that get almost no discussion. Then things like that Haiti UFO get tons of replies because its easily debunked. Everyone wants to be the conductor of a long train of debunkers, and generally don't recognize humor and/or sarcasm, or in your case, the use of a simple hyperbole to prove a point.

I should've accompanied my joke with a laughing face, but I thought people might be able to understand my joke. I'm not going to argue the point any further as, to me, and apparently bert, it was a joke, nothing more.

[edit on 7-2-2008 by Ketzer22]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trauma
It says in the Sumerian texts that humans were created by space traveling aliens who mixed their DNA with a hominid from Earth. These aliens could have passed the knowledge to them.
I don't know if I believe it, but it explains the missing link between monkeys and men.

I hope you're not serious.

It says no such thing in Sumerian texts. Nothing even remotely like that.

Also, the O.P. is incorrect in his interpretation concerning the pattern of objects depicted on that panel. The cuneiform writing that accompanies the pic tells us that what is depicted there is the Pleiades star cluster, and not the solar system.

The large "star" in the center of the pattern is not the Sumerian symbol for the sun.

Harte

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by Trauma

Hope you don't mind me adding this, Trauma, but what do you think of this:

It's in one of the pyramids of Egypt, Osiris' I believe. Pretty famous but one of my friends who believes the Sumerian mythology (but believes they were aliens) has that on his Myspace page.

In Hathor's Temple at Abydos.

It's words, people, not pictures.

use the freakin search function for goodness sake.

Harte

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ketzer22
I've noticed in my time here on ATS that people will immediately jump to debunk things that are easily debunked. I've looked at a lot of UFO threads that you can't really debunk, that have really interesting content, that get almost no discussion. Then things like that Haiti UFO get tons of replies because its easily debunked. Everyone wants to be the conductor of a long train of debunkers, and generally don't recognize humor and/or sarcasm, or in your case, the use of a simple hyperbole to prove a point.

First off "Debunkers are bad and want to hurt us" is not proof that your pet theory is correct! It's just passive aggressive redirection away from your failed attempt at debate. Second if any of you would try the search feature, you would find that this debate has been done to death. How many times has Harte had to explain that this isn't our solar system? I dunno, but this isn't the first time I have read it.

You people have driven away so many good resources here it is insane. People who could actually read these ancient languages, people that have actually built ACADEMIC careers on them, not pseudo science freak careers. I used to love this forum, and liked to post in it all the time. Not one of you reading this thread knows who I am. Why? Because I got sick of this crap. It's the same thing over and over again. You come here after reading some freaks book and start with the "Hey, let's pretend" threads and ignore all evidence that you are wrong.

I used to think that this sites motto was "Deny Ignorance" then saw the Scott Creighton forum and realized that nobody here wanted anything to do with denying their favorite state of being. You nuts can take this place, at least it keeps you out of our school boards (I live in Kansas, so that is saying something).

Whargoul is out of here, I can't imagine what keeps Harte and Fox around. I wish I knew where Marduk went!

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

But what I don't understand is if they were so advanced, why make drawings on clay? Why not do something on photoshop?

This is fairly simple. Longevity. Period. Even under ideal conditions, our most advanced digital media has a shelf life of only a couple of hundred years. The materials used to create this media then returns to it's source, leaving no evidence of it's existence. Clay and rock however, well, it's still here isn't it?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by whargoul

I think this is called throwing your toys out of the pram

So what you're basically saying is, if this place was full of mainstream academic people all discussing the mainstream party line, you would stay... providing everyone only discusses something once. Since, however, it has a few people exploring alternative theories, possibilities, and keeping an open mind, you're out of here!

Hoki Doki... got it!

[edit on 7-2-2008 by Dagar]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by whargoul

First off "Debunkers are bad and want to hurt us" is not proof that your pet theory is correct! It's just passive aggressive redirection away from your failed attempt at debate. Second if any of you would try the search feature, you would find that this debate has been done to death. How many times has Harte had to explain that this isn't our solar system? I dunno, but this isn't the first time I have read it.

You people have driven away so many good resources here it is insane. People who could actually read these ancient languages, people that have actually built ACADEMIC careers on them, not pseudo science freak careers. I used to love this forum, and liked to post in it all the time. Not one of you reading this thread knows who I am. Why? Because I got sick of this crap. It's the same thing over and over again. You come here after reading some freaks book and start with the "Hey, let's pretend" threads and ignore all evidence that you are wrong.

I used to think that this sites motto was "Deny Ignorance" then saw the Scott Creighton forum and realized that nobody here wanted anything to do with denying their favorite state of being. You nuts can take this place, at least it keeps you out of our school boards (I live in Kansas, so that is saying something).

Whargoul is out of here, I can't imagine what keeps Harte and Fox around. I wish I knew where Marduk went!

Whargoul,

Sorry to see you go, man.

I disappeared from here for about 6 mos. or so and when I came back this place looks like Graham Hancock's forum.

Marduk was banned - he got too overheated at the stupidity and basically ruded his ownself to death.

Haven't seen Byrd or Nygdan. If one of them doesn't come riding in soon, I may join you in your exit.

Harte

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

So why dont we write on stone tablets today?

Here's a simple rebuttal to your fairly simple claim. An advanced civilization moves towards mass production by default because it grows rapidly (just look at like... history). Stone as mass produced media isnt gonna work, that's why we started using paper.

Would there be some sort of hard remains? Of course. But it wouldnt be scribblings on clay tablets or your average bankmans declaration on how much tax he got that date (whatever). It would be shorter texts with the pure purpose of lasting, or simply looking good at the time (the two is often a shared goal). Such as for example inscriptions on statue foundations or the like.

There is but one flaw: if we where to assume a very small magical civilization, this doesnt apply. By magical, I mean one that hasnt gotten technology the normal way. Demon summoning, aliens, God, ancient humans from the Zeta Ridiculus system or whatever. And by very small, it defy everything we know about history.

So if a city with 10,000 people suddenly appeared on island with airplanes, fusion power and beam weapons all in hand with no apparent source of production for any of this, that's an exception to my theory.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Harte,

Essan's link actually explains the cunieform. It doesn't mention the Pleiads, but is rather some dude signing a "letter to god" sort of dealie.

The dots are stars, though.

Morbid curiosity.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Well said, I no longer post here either, I come by every once in awhile to - see how silly it has gotten - just a bunch of "believers" dominating the board now, I came for the knowledge of Byrd, Marduk and others (harte too).

Marduk and KW were a bit to rude because they don't suffer fools well but that is a common reaction from people knowledgeable in a subject towards irrational kooks.

If you want real information and civilized debate go to the Hall of Ma'at

[edit on 7/2/08 by Hanslune]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeThinkerIdealist

Are you kidding me? You are not a MOD, so hearing this from you IN A REPLY TO ME is ridiculous.

If you feel like addressing everybody, do it in a normal post, not a reply.

Also, perhaps you should let the MODS do their jobs.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

Ok, this has seriously gotten out of hand. How many people need to respond to this and my post so seriously when we were obviously (well I guess not so obviously since everyone keeps responding to them) just messing around.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
If any of you guys have the Stargate movie you should watch the bonus documentary!

I forget what ancient civilization they were talking about, perhaps the Mayans?
anyway, after uncovering an entire city, scientists discovered that if you represent the main temple for the sun god as the sun, then all the other temples or buildings stemming from it represent the 9 other planets... including pluto which they only recently discovered!
Even more mind boggling is that these buildings are a the exact distance apart from each other as the planets are in relativity.

crazy...

makes you wonder where they got this information...

My guess is contact.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Holy smokes. You seem to have missed the entire point of the post you responded to, and then jump all over him without thinking, STRENGTHENING the point he was trying to make.

The post is talking about how it's become near impossible to make a joke around here because someone (like you) are ready to show how good they can be a debunking it, even though it wasn't even serious.

C'mon and look around a bit before posting something like that.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

So the building representing Pluto was a few continents away - except when it crossed over the path of the building representing Neptune?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dagar

So what you're basically saying is, if this place was full of mainstream academic people all discussing the mainstream party line

Actually i dont think that is what he is saying at all. I had repeated run ins in my earlier days here with some of the knowledgable guy's and gals like Marduk, Essan, Harte, Byrd, Nygdan. Its not that they wont discuss alternative topics, i know for a fact that a couple of those people have researched alternative/out there topics. Its the fact that continually, poorly researched topics keep appearing that have been gone over a multitude of times.

Originally posted by Dagar
you would stay... providing everyone only discusses something once. Since, however, it has a few people exploring alternative theories, possibilities, and keeping an open mind, you're out of here!

As above, this has been gone over NOT once but a multitude of times. Use search and add to a thread that already has all the information on it that you'll ever need.

Some obviously wont agree but i think this forum in particular is worse for not having knowledgeable people here, not just to discuss but also to teach.
I have learnt more from two people in particular in this forum than i would have ever learnt anywhere else, and sadly they no longer post here. And it seems others are likewise being driven away.
If your idea of discussion and research is everyone politely agreeing with each other and their theory's, well good luck.

I was going to post some info on the sumerians but it seems a waste of my time and yours because its just being ignored anyway.

Deny Ignorance. lol.

mojo

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
Hmmm, now that IS interesting.

I am very curious how they could find Charon and Sedna.

Good post

they were thought by the anunnaki,look up zecheria sitchin´s work

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mojo4sale

Mojo,

While neither of us truly qualify as "old timers" here on ATS, I still feel like I'm saying this one old timer to another.

I lament the decided falling off of valuable and interesting content here at ATS as well.

There is no question that skeptics and knowledgeable people perform a service at sites like this without which these sorts of websites cannot long exist.

I'm not so fed up as to leave just yet. My goal at ATS and other forums is to try to insert in each thread, as near to the "alternative" claim as possible, the reasons that the "Mainstream side" will give for why the alternative is wrong.

I do this as much as I can so that in the future, people that are running searches on this info might turn up some answers other than the whacked-out nonsense that turns up on 999,999 pages out of every million returned on a Google search on, say, the phrase "Ancient Astronauts."

The reason I do it is because it took an awful lot of work for me to find all the perspectives on these sorts of subjects when I was trying to feel out the truth of such claims.

Now what some folks here call the "mainstream" view appears in incrementally more search returns because I've put it there.

I could only get about ten thousand other people to do the same thing, both sides of these claims would appear in maybe one-tenth of the search returns run on any given subject.

So, anyway, for me, I'm not trying to teach anyone. I'm just trying to put the info out there (hopefully and usually with links) for future reference.

Maybe that's why I never got fed up enough to leave like so many others. I really don't care if the knot heads here believe me or not.

Harte

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

You may not be trying to teach anyone, doesnt mean that you haven't. I've definately learnt something from your posts. I've also learnt from posts of alternative members.
Thats what made this board so attractive to me in the first place, it would truly be a shame to lose that perspective.

Anyway, my bad for going off topic but i felt it was something that needed to be said.

mojo

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

No one disputes your undoubted wisdom and knowledge, and the work you've no doubt put into acquiring it.

Why wreck it by continuously insulting people by referring to them as 'knotheads' etc

Going back to my original criticism of your friend who threw the hissy fit. People will visit a website like ATS, see people discussing ideas and want both to join in and contribute and hopefully learn something in the process.Several ways to guarantee turning off people that you may be trying to educate, or have a discussion with, is to criticise them for bringing up a previously discussed topic, deride the topic (or point of view) they may be putting forth, telling people (constantly) how superior your understanding and knowledge is to their's and how stupid they are, and calling them insulting names

To be completely honest, anyone taking the above approach, regardless of the message they are trying to impart, gets a big fat 'don't want to know' from me straight away

The original poster made a proposition. People interested in the subject joined in the discussion. Coming in, chucking toys around in a hissy fit, calling people names, and generally behaving in a rude and superior manner adds NOTHING to the discussion.

Just my humble opinion of course.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join