It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PROOF that Ancient Civilizations were as advanced as us!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Trauma

You said that aliens created humanity. I'm challenging this due to evidence.

I dunno what the dot represents, why is it overlapped with the other parts, if it's supposed to be relevant to the solar system? Shouldn't it then be set aside with it, instead of being mixed with the other parts of the image? Shouldn't you take a bit of caution ascribing a incredible belief to a dot on a clay tablet that is thousand of years old?

Right, but they also added in Charon, Pluto's moon. Pluto is smaller than many other moons in the solar system.

By biased i meant taking anything with a preconceived idea. I'm not saying that it doesn't represent our solar system, I'm saying that we don't know what exactly they were inscribing here, and saying they were as advanced as we are currently based on a clay tablet is a stretch.

It doesn't give their story anymore credibility than any other, just because their story may be the first story of it's kind, it's still a story. Somethings age doesn't automatically guarantee it's accuracy.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluess

Thanks for the links I have been to ancientscripts.com but the others are new to me. I would REALLY like to focus on the Sumerian solar system drawing though.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trauma

I would really like to stay on the topic of the depiction of our solar system, not an endless Annunaki/Nephilim debate.

I just thought about the 12 planets, maybe not relating to planets at all... but maybe relating to the 12 months... And maybe the different sizes of the "planets" have something to do with the differents months to plant or harvest different seeds and crops?.

I base this thought solely on the OP picture, where the "God" seems to hand a plough to the people, and it looks to me like pictures of different seeds in the lower right corner at the feet of the animal?.

This is just a thought, what do you think?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Trauma

Hope you don't mind me adding this, Trauma, but what do you think of this:

It's in one of the pyramids of Egypt, Osiris' I believe. Pretty famous but one of my friends who believes the Sumerian mythology (but believes they were aliens) has that on his Myspace page.

What kind of explanations can you offer for this? Surely it has been mentioned on ATS several times but I'm still fairly new and am interested in hearing your (or anyone's) thoughts.

It looks like a helicopter, submarine, a couple of space ships to me.

[edit on 2/7/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I love things like this. Bits of history that don't fit in to place, or at least into our perception of reality. I have heard of this one before, but it is one of my favorites. Here's another little nugget that is not generally know, but proveable:

Did you know that the jet engine can be traced back to the first century AD, when the aeolipile was invented by Greco-Egyptian mathemetician and engineer Hero? And that the first jet aircraft flew in 1910?

Figured I'd throw that in there to link this thread to my subscriptions.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Trauma

Unfortunately, when you assume that you are looking at a Sumerian depiction of the solar system, you also have to assume that someone gave them this information, which of course validates the whole "debate" over the Annunaki being extraterrestrial visitors.

For all we know, we're looking at what some bored guy with a stylus thought looked pretty at the time. It is entirely likely that we are applying 21st-century preconceptions to this piece, and assuming that it's exactly what we think it is / want it to be.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Ketzer22

I don't think information like this would necessarily mean Annunaki were involved.

For example, and I'm not saying I believe on or the other, but let's say an older civilization like Atlantis or ancient Egypt (Sphinx times) or similar actually passed knowledge on from what they could see.

It doesn't necessarily mean that aliens were involved in these solar system findings. Maybe that's why they considered it the 7th planet instead of being told it by Annunaki.

I hope that helps a bit.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluess

Hmm that's really interesting I've never considered that perspective. All possibilities are on the table.
Sorry for not replying Ketzer. That is another hard to explain aspect. The best explanation I have heard is what you said. If you counted the planets from the ouside in you would have Earth as the seventh, which is kind of a weird thing to do unless you came from the outside of the solar system.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I see...

a hand-cranked can opener
A curling rock
a comatose penguin
a wood plane.

Prove me wrong

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluess

Hmmm, very good point.

Perhaps the drawings do not represent planets at all, or at least what we're thinking of how they represent the planets.

That's another thing to consider when looking at this.

Nice

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Actually, I was hoping to be proven wrong! I could find an explanation for just about everything he ever told me except for this one piece.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Well, a very simple explanation for the dot being so far away from the rest of the solar system is due to Nibiru's extremely eliptical orbit. Maybe they were trying to show this by putting it so far out. Nibiru has something like a 3,600 year orbit, so it would have to go very far out there.

Bert- So you're basically saying that by the Sumerians referring to earth as the 7th planet is just their preception as to how the planets should be counted?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Wow!!! The one looks unmistakably like a helicopter, and the others look like an unknown type of aircraft. Reminds me of a subject the other day about Ezekiel 1-3 and how the object he described could have been a helicopter.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Wow, I have never seen that before.. I can clearly see a modern day helicopter in that drawing. Also I can see very clearly what looks like a jet. Wow.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Yeah, I guess that pretty well sums it up.

Different perceptions. Knowledge/findings passed on to them from someone else. I think there are a few different reasons why the Sumerians would have considered us the 7th planet.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Oh, wow. I was under the impression it was famous and pretty well known. If you want me to make a new thread about it, Trauma, I can to prevent from hijacking your thread. Or you are more than welcome to update your original post with that image if you would like to include it. Let me know what you would like to do. It could fit well in this thread or your OP if you like.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   

My point is we are attributing a lot to a dot that's off away fromt eh rest of the solar system. This doesn't prove or disprove anything, it's just a dot. There's no translation, there's no "I put it down this way for such and such a reason."
It's interpreted. Using mathematics and some decent sky watching gear you can plot out most of the known planets. I'm willing to bet the Sumerian's had those capabilities. Add in moons that could be found with a decent telescope and you have your twelve planets.
We don't know what the dot is, it may be a comet or something observed at the time but hasn't shown up since.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

I'm playing devil's advocate with myself here, but another reason supporting your theory could be they looked out first, and discovered all of the planets, then finally counted earth, instead of counting from the sun out.

But to me, a civilization with this much knowledge of space would surely recognize the heliocentric theory, thus counting from the sun out. To me, that's what makes sense, and the only way to alter that line of thinking would be for "gods" to come into the picture and teach them the solar system according to their knowledge.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
reply to post by Trauma

You said that aliens created humanity. I'm challenging this due to evidence.

I dunno what the dot represents, why is it overlapped with the other parts, if it's supposed to be relevant to the solar system? Shouldn't it then be set aside with it, instead of being mixed with the other parts of the image? Shouldn't you take a bit of caution ascribing a incredible belief to a dot on a clay tablet that is thousand of years old?

Right, but they also added in Charon, Pluto's moon. Pluto is smaller than many other moons in the solar system.

I did not say aliens created humanity. Challenge away.
The dot's position is key. Look at the orbit of the planet that the dot represents, Sedna.

Just because we consider Charon a moon doesn't mean the Sumerians did. It does not orbit Pluto, the barycenter lies in between the planets. It is a double planet or double dwarf.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider

We don't know what the dot is, it may be a comet or something observed at the time but hasn't shown up since.

Interesting point there, you mean that this 12th dot didn't show up in anymore of the Sumerian clay tablets?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join