It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PROOF that Ancient Civilizations were as advanced as us!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Great post OP S&F ,I agree 100% with you humans are smart creatures and i dont think we give our ancestors the credit they deserve .Also think how many civilizations have risen and fallen with no records ,like the underwater pyramids of Japan .We no so little about are own past and for anyone to claim that we know our own history , I would say we know a very small percentage of Human history .

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
reply to post by Trauma

Actually, I think the multitude of fossils of early hominids provide clues to the missing link between man and ape myself.

What multitude?
The entire theory of evolution from ape ancestors is based on fewer than 50 fossils, with many many morethat do not support the currently accepted paradigm completely eliminated on very spurious grounds indeed such as not properly stratified, collected by non scientists etc.

Finds that do not "fit" get ignored.
It is not a level playing field.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by neil wilkes

Finds that do not "fit" get ignored. It is not a level playing field.

That's simply not true. The continuing discussions of the place fossils fit shows how rich and intense the studies of our origins are.

The only people playing games such as this are fakes called creationists, or IDers, or whatever name they want to call themselves.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Eleleth

The entire notion of slaves has changed over time. Back in ancient Sumer a slave had rights. There are cuneiform tablets that tell us that people entered into slavery to fulfill a debt or whatever. Slaves also sued their owners and won in the courts of the time. The idea of slaves as chattel is a more modern concept.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trauma
It says in the Sumerian texts that humans were created by space traveling aliens who mixed their DNA with a hominid from Earth. These aliens could have passed the knowledge to them.
I don't know if I believe it, but it explains the missing link between monkeys and men.

it makes sense about what your saying, i think if this were true it does explain the missing link could maybe be from a genetic manipulation caused by these Annunaki, seeing how it is impossible to believe that we are a "fluke" as some say that earth is a mistake in the universe where intelligent life was created.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dark_matter06
I'm sorry, just have to chime in real quick. If they were so advanced why are we reading it off a wall and not a burn cd or a hard drive? Why not even a piece of paper? The Bagdad Battery is more interesting than this.

cd shelf life: 15 years
hard drive life: 10-30 years
stone wall shelf life: 1000's of years

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The picture looks more like a tilted depiction of the pleiades cluster, and the far right dot possibly the comet machholtz?

I also find it interesting on this comet's extraordinarily large orbital period and the distance it travels.. (makes Sedna seem close lol)
Perihelion: 1.2 AU
Aphelion: 4,686 AU (almost 5 times further away then Sedna gets)
Orbital Period: 113,465 years

[edit on 17-8-2010 by SlasherOfVeils]

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 17-8-2010 by SlasherOfVeils]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ketzer22
I've read a lot of stuff about the Sumerians. And to answer your question bert- The Sumerians believed in the Annunaki which translates to "those who from heaven came to earth" and they believed the Annunaki were their gods. The way they knew about all this stuff was that they were told by the annunaki who are supposedly from the 12th planet of the Sumerians.. or our 10th planet.. or 9th if you don't want to include pluto anymore. Sumerians are very interesting indeed.. But what I don't understand is if they were so advanced, why make drawings on clay? Why not do something on photoshop?

When you are trying to preserve knowledge for millennia, what makes more sense, images on rocks? or images on paper or even digital..

we ourselves sent hard hieroglyphs into space in the hopes some alien race could find and translate it, nothing digital, all analog gets the job done much better.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I believe that there was a pre flood civilisation which was nearly as technologically advanced as we are. we are told that history repeats itself. how many civilisations rose up and then destroyed themselves through war or even natural circumstances? I think there were four advanced civilisations which rose after one another. I believe we are the fifth soon to destroyed.. awaiting the sixth.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by toocoolnc

Are you referring to a global flood? There is no evidence for a flood that covered the entire globe.

Are you aware of anything at all that suggests an advanced civilization existed before? Are there pieces of plastic, ceramics, metals, or other materials that indicate that something advanced once existed?

Is this claim of a 5th world coming to an end based on the Aztecs or what?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ketzer22
I've read a lot of stuff about the Sumerians. And to answer your question bert- The Sumerians believed in the Annunaki which translates to "those who from heaven came to earth" and they believed the Annunaki were their gods. The way they knew about all this stuff was that they were told by the annunaki who are supposedly from the 12th planet of the Sumerians.. or our 10th planet.. or 9th if you don't want to include pluto anymore. Sumerians are very interesting indeed.. But what I don't understand is if they were so advanced, why make drawings on clay? Why not do something on photoshop?

let me ask you this and go research it. HOW long do hard drives last , cdr roms and computers. EVEN magnetic tape might only last 1000 years or so. AND lets say you are a lil bit primitive and want to have something really last> WHAT WOULD YOU MAKE IT ON...that you could use and make it avail for all to see. and think do we use stone in any thing today? how OLD are these....anyone got a hard drive that has lasted 20 years? A cdr rom ?

we seem to be becoming a society that has to constantly recopy ....does that sound intelligent to you?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Ketzer22

I think we count from the sun outward, so consider Earth the 3rd planet. But. if you were coming INTO the system you would count us as 7th as shown. It may not be proof, but why would they count from the outer system in, unless it was given to them that way. The Sumerian are a very interesting puzzle. The first civilization and they say it just came out of nowhere. Hmmm.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by chronoss2012

Clay is not exactly a good material to use. It is heavy. It is difficult to make anything with detail.

If they wanted to make something last and make it more advanced they would have used printed materials on plastics. Why not paper made of cotton or even parchment? These materials can be bound into books, allow for detailed imagery, last, and won't break if dropped.

The use of clay for a writing material exhibits the level of technological advancement of the civilization.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

There are only 8 planets so we would not be the 7th, rather the 6th. If you were to count Pluto, then we wouldn't be the 7th either.

The Sumerian civilization did not come from nowhere. The area was already inhabited. There was an existing culture that became the Sumerian civilization.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
reply to post by Ketzer22

I think we count from the sun outward, so consider Earth the 3rd planet. But. if you were coming INTO the system you would count us as 7th as shown. It may not be proof, but why would they count from the outer system in, unless it was given to them that way. The Sumerian are a very interesting puzzle. The first civilization and they say it just came out of nowhere. Hmmm.

The Sumerians never, ever wrote a single thing about ANY planet that cannot be seen with the naked eye.

That's five planets, people. Not counting Earth.

Harte

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I think Ive missed something here ... are we basing all this conversation on the one picture in the OP? Ive enjoyed reading lalot of the posts and am totally open to the ideas in this thread but whilst it could be an accurate depiction of our solar system, it could also just be a random picture of a sun and some planets which we are putting our current day understanding and logic to ..... is there something more like accurate measurements of the carving that correlate to actual positions and distances of the planets etc etc?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnrobca
I think Ive missed something here ... are we basing all this conversation on the one picture in the OP? Ive enjoyed reading lalot of the posts and am totally open to the ideas in this thread but whilst it could be an accurate depiction of our solar system, it could also just be a random picture of a sun and some planets which we are putting our current day understanding and logic to ..... is there something more like accurate measurements of the carving that correlate to actual positions and distances of the planets etc etc?

Good instincts.

The collection of stars in that cylinder seal impression (they are stars - they are the iconography for stars) is thought to represent what is sometimes called the "High Council" or "Holy Council" of the gods of Sumer - the collection of the twelve most high gods of creation that were part of the Sumerian religion at that time.

All those eventually coalesced into one, single god under the Babylonians - Marduk.

Harte
edit on 11/29/2011 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Good instincts.

The collection of stars in that cylinder seal impression (they are stars - they are the iconography for stars) is thought to represent what is sometimes called the "High Council" or "Holy Council" of the gods of Sumer - the collection of the twelve most high gods of creation that were part of the Sumerian religion at that time.

All those eventually coalesced into one, single god under the Babylonians - Marduk.

Harte
edit on 11/29/2011 by Harte because: (no reason given)

Im now thinking I need to read more about the subject to put the carving into context rather than make a judgement purely on the carving ...

cheers for your help ... do you know of a good source of info on the Annunaki and Sumerians?

edit on 29-11-2011 by johnrobca because: to edit it

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Trauma

The most interesting part of the picture is the twelfth body way out in the distance to the right.
This would be Sedna.

And how did you arrive at that conclusion?

(Second Line)
edit on 29-11-2011 by ErtaiNaGia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Im now thinking I need to read more about the subject to put the carving into context rather than make a judgement purely on the carving ...

cheers for your help ... do you know of a good source of info on the Annunaki and Sumerians?

Sure do.

Assuming you have Adobe Acrobat, here's a PDF that can tell you all you want to know about that particular cylinder seal.

That document comes from this website.

There's a lot there to explore, all of it written by an expert in ancient languages of the Levant.

Harte

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join