It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Draft reinstated, 2005

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Originally posted by McGotti
I cannot believe this absolute bull#!!!..This is not the #ing land of the free anymore...well..has it really ever been???
You think that im afraid to die??? sorry sir not afraid..I actually feel quite close to death as a matter a fact.I will never fight in a war that is unjust and does not serve the PEOPLE..(not the government or their coporate sponsers) Somebody tried to use germany and israel as an example of mandatory service...THEN GO LIVE THERE!!! I dont live in #in israel or germany...I live in the United states of america and I will fight to the death FOR AMERICA AND ITS PEOPLE...NOT #IN HALIBURTON AND BUSH CO. # THAT..I WILL START PICKIN MUTHER #ERS OFF THE SIDE OF A HIGHWAY IF I GET DRAFTED

[Edited on 13-2-2004 by McGotti]

McGotti, your emotional outrage and subliminal messages are a commendable and exemplery skill, I applaud you for having such keen abilities, but I will formally remind you of your Terms and Conditions of Use, namely #4.....read it and please control your "uses" of such. Thanks.

As to this:
"Somebody tried to use germany and israel as an example of mandatory service...THEN GO LIVE THERE!!!"

I have lived and been "toured" to Germany.

The questions I asked were asked with no intentions and yet, they are found "offensive"? Strange.....

regards
seekerof

I find what you say extremely offensive seekerof..please stop attackin me in the forums..I dont like it.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven

But if you dont agree with the reasons for the killing, and dont go to take part in it, then how would that be considered letting someone else do it for you?

I should have rephrased that better-
From the sound of it, this guy thought killing was wrong. However, he ahd no reason serving his country. Well, the reason that this country is where it is today is because we've killed other people (This is true of any nation that has hsd a war).
It makes me think that, well, if you're against killing, shouldn't you also be against the good things that come killing like, say, national security? It's basically saying "I'm not willing to kill anybody, but if you do it, I'll enjoy the benefits."

If its for religious reasons look at the Bible. "Lusting after another man's wife is committing adultery in your heart." Well, letting other people kill while you yourself do not is sort of the same thing.

I don't know, just a thought I had.

[Edited on 13-2-2004 by Esoterica]

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Perhaps another Skippy intervention?

I'm not sure, after what Skip endured the other day, might still be in recovery.

*Pops two canisters of CS*

Move along folks, contribution or bust. I reccommend you two figure things out. Maybe a debate duel, like the old days.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I believe the "complaint" function is still actively working Mr. McGotti. If you feel this is an issue that needs reviewing, please feel free to use the feature.

regards
seekerof

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Esoterical(sp?),your right it is, and I like what the marine said, we need people who wanna be here, not people who were forced.

[Edited on 13-2-2004 by medic]

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO

Originally posted by Tetsuo-51
Neo, does Canada have a draft?

No but it should have one if you ask me. Canadians are chickens except when it comes to playing hockey? Weird eh?

If you have so much contempt for your fellow man, yet so much respect for Bush and his cronies then why don't you just move?

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I cannot believe this absolute bull#!!!..This is not the #ing land of the free anymore...well..has it really ever been???
You think that im afraid to die??? sorry sir not afraid..I actually feel quite close to death as a matter a fact.I will never fight in a war that is unjust and does not serve the PEOPLE..(not the government or their coporate sponsers) Somebody tried to use germany and israel as an example of mandatory service...THEN GO LIVE THERE!!! I dont live in #in israel or germany...I live in the United states of america and I will fight to the death FOR AMERICA AND ITS PEOPLE...NOT #IN HALIBURTON AND BUSH CO. # THAT..I WILL START PICKIN MUTHER #ERS OFF THE SIDE OF A HIGHWAY IF I GET DRAFTED

McGotti, your emotional outrage and subliminal messages are a commendable and exemplery skill, I applaud you for having such keen abilities, but I will formally remind you of your Terms and Conditions of Use, namely #4.....read it and please control your "uses" of such. Thanks.

As to this:
"Somebody tried to use germany and israel as an example of mandatory service...THEN GO LIVE THERE!!!"

I have lived and been "toured" to Germany.

The questions I asked were asked with no intentions and yet, they are found "offensive"? Strange.....

regards
seekerof

It did come across as though you were agreeing with the draft mate, so the question seemed confrontational. It appeared that way to me anyway.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Clarification on what I said could have been given upon request before the launching of salvo's and assumptions.

regards
seekerof

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Clarification on what I said could have been given upon request before the launching of salvo's and assumptions.

regards
seekerof

I couldn't agree more, I was just replying to your question.
You seemed confused...

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
So this probably won't happen.

jhh

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
People think, after 5 #ing years in college, I am now suppose to put my life on hold for 2 more years. Get shot to # for an oil war. And once I am back home, try and find a job while on disability.

I no longer have 2 #ing years to piss around. I am done, I want a god damn home, kids and several cars.

Bush is a dead man, there I said it. Bush, if you ever cross my path in the next five years, you are #ing dead man. I will blow your #ing head off if you are so much in the same state as me.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhh
Bush is a dead man, there I said it. Bush, if you ever cross my path in the next five years, you are #ing dead man. I will blow your #ing head off if you are so much in the same state as me.

Well, the question of whether or not feds are watching these boards will soon be answered if your door is knocked down by the secret service.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   

As to your topic Shotek.....you a lil' worried or something over this?
I mean, is there a problem with this?
Some countires (Germany, Israel, etc) have mandatory service times...
Why is the re-instituting of the draft of any consequence?

eh...I was simply posting some information man, calm down. And no, I don't agree with a draft, especially because I don't agree with the war or many other things our administration does...so that's my opinion, deal with it. I think mandatory government service isn't that bad an idea, but there should be an option to do community type work instead of killing people...we weren't put on this earth to kill people, and I think most morale people won't do so unless they feel their life is in danger...and we certainly aren't being threatened by anyone who can cause us harm, so why the draft?

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Thanks to the Marine. I was in the Corps and can say for a fact that I would much rather have some Joe beside me that wanted to be there (in a manner of speaking) then someone who was forced.

I understand that we may need people in a true defense situation, but I think it's fair to say that any group who'd like to try to waltz into this country would have quite a hard time of it.

A war in the streets to say the least. I find the draft to be fundamentally in opposition to the spirit of America. Religious freedom is key in the U.S.

Unfortunatly, some folks feel that violence in any way is wrong and would not even hurt someone to save their own life or the life of their child. They have that right and should be entitled to it.

2-year service again has the same problems.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
A war in the streets to say the least. I find the draft to be fundamentally in opposition to the spirit of America. Religious freedom is key in the U.S.

There ya go guys...thats exactly right!!

freedom does not equal the draft!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
i think that everyone should do at least 2 years in the military. im going in for 4 yeras here soon. it would make pepole better off.

Yea you and I Ivan. BTW, when do you ship out for basic?

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Well it joys me that I have received positive comments....that's a good thing.

To go a little farther, here is what i wonder. Would Bush, or any other president for that matter, allow their kids to be treated equal? To serve their time? Dunno.

As far as people signing up for infantry.....When I joined the Marines I BEGGED for infantry, and because I did good on the ASVAB they tried and tried to stick me in aviation, to my reply of "If i wanted to do that I'd have went to the air force". There are and always will be gung-ho people who'll pick up a rifle and fight, with good intentions , and even if the war is wrong (opinion:I think it hurt us more than helped) if you fight for the right reason.....You're not doing anything wrong..
Maybe if our government would focus LESS on WAR for 18-26 year olds, and more on JOBS, it would be a better place, and if we HAD to go to war, we would have plenty of volunteers.

Don't force people to do things, give them incentives and a choice, and your following will be greater.

[Edited on 13-2-2004 by siFtInG]

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I have heard that only ONE representative out of both the house and senate has a child serving in the armed forces...they aren't sending their own kids off to war.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Originally posted by KrazyIvan
i think that everyone should do at least 2 years in the military. im going in for 4 yeras here soon. it would make pepole better off.

I at one time wanted to join the marines as infantry of coarse...although it may have helped me out ,to say that it would have made me a better person is goin a little too far I would say.

To actually say that all people need to be in the military is the biggest joke I have ever heard!!!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I at one time wanted to join the marines as infantry of coarse...although it may have helped me out ,to say that it would have made me a better person is goin a little too far I would say.

To actually say that all people need to be in the military is the biggist joke I have ever heard!!!!!

GET A CLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea...the military isn't for a lot of people. Certain people can be really messed up and have their lives ruined in the military, and it basically strips you of your identity and turns you into a mindless killing machine. Some people will say this isnt true, and lots of people arent as affected by it the way others are, but its not good with the wrong kind of people. Watch full metal jacket, good movie...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join