It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Draft reinstated, 2005

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I just read the original article ...

28 million has been added to the 2004 Selective Service System (SSS) budget to prepare for a military draft that could start as early as June 15, 2005. SSS must report to Bush on March 31, 2005 that the system, which has lain dormant for decades, is ready for activation.

The question I have is this - did the author used the name of the current President as representative of the post of President, or did he really mean that the SSS must report to George W Bush himself ?

If the latter, how do they know that Dubya will still be President in 2005 ? - I believe there is a little thing called an election in the offing. Who is to say that the Republicans will still be in office afterwards ?

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
No no no, Bush isn't going to start the draft. With the 28 million dollars, he is trying to open up new jobs for everyone.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek
$28 million has been added to the 2004 Selective Service System (SSS) budget to prepare for a military draft that could start as early as June 15, 2005.

Good ! - I know of one arrogant neanderthal # who would definitely benefit from a few years in the Middle East dodging bullets and having the utter crap scared out of him.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Did anyone notice, but that Tesuo bastard ran off a long time ago.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Wasn't he the one talking about people not wanting to fight as being pussies?

Yes, he seems to have run off.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Oh well, Im 26 so it looks like ill be to old by 2005..

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by NexusAtom
Oh well, Im 26 so it looks like ill be to old by 2005..

Some of us aren't so lucky...I better start going to church every week to gain CO status come draft time!
Seriously though, I wouldn't run off when the draft comes, even if I do disagree with the war and don't want to go I probably still would..

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Im not saying I have a problem with fighting for my country ,because I do not. If I were 20 and got drafted id be a man (or woman) and do what I had to do.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   
It's not so much an issue of "fighting for your country" as it is one of "I don't know who'll be in the white house at the time".

It works both ways. For us conservatives, who knows what will happen in the future. Kerry for instance. If he wins, I can not say for sure what policies he will install and who he will fault for various crimes or future attacks etc. We know what kind of policy Bush was pushing before election, then BOOM, multiple wars.

Vise versa for the Dems.

The power should be reserved for immidiate action only, not a permanent status upgrade to active.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   
What will the soilders fight for FREEDOM????? or the hidden entions of the government.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thinker
What will the soilders fight for FREEDOM????? or the hidden entions of the government.

I imagine a good number of them will be fighting for their lives.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 05:58 AM
link   
been there done that...even tried to re-up....i guess they don't want people with 1.5 ears...(what was that ?speak up sonny

but then life changed and I an glad I couldn't re-up...read my signature...
the ponit is not about the draft itself and wheather you got the balls or ovaries to fight....it's about the govt..it's direction..it's changing of america..www.cnn.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">road blocks in america...
i'm not even gunna spend the time with other links...just search ATS....read for yourself where america is headed......
the only reson america needs a draft is because the govt has decided to aggressivly 'secure' certain areas of the world. who are we under attack by???? if u say al kayduh i'm gunna punk

besides...adding so many new troops will bring the combat effecence of units out and about down 'cause if they are in the field ie iraq and afganastan, they will be patroling and not training as much..maybe it's a form of population control in america

who

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Why are so many against serving in the military? It is not a death sentence, I signed up and am leaving on march 11 for basic. My MOS is Intelligence Analyst, once you take a test (on a computer) you get to CHOOSE your career path. Being drafted may be different, so why not enlist and get it done that way?

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by who
My MOS is Intelligence Analyst, once you take a test (on a computer) you get to CHOOSE your career path. Being drafted may be different, so why not enlist and get it done that way?

So you actually fell for that line? I've had too many friends sign up under the same premise only to find out that their choices are between bad and worse, even in the same field as you. If you're going to sign up then don't allow yourself to be deluded into thinking you can choose a low risk assignment and not be knee deep in a conflict somewhere.

I hope it works out for you the way you are expecting. Just go into it with your eyes open.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The recruiters are well known for flat out lying to get you to join...you actually have to read through the contract to see what can happen..

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Well Who, good luck, and don't let em bring you down in basic. You'll be alright. Remember it's all mind games. I'm a 91-W in Iraq right now. So take care and good luck.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Recruiters lie? I beg to differ.

The Air Force recruiter said I'd do minimal pt, the food would be great, the "barracks" are more like dorms and you stay clean. I figured he was lying.
The Army recruiter said I'd be in the field, eating crappy food and living in a GP medium with a bunch or other stinky, farting fellas. I figured she wasn't lying, so I joined the army.
After my first duty station, I went to patrol dog school at Lackland Air Force Base, Texas (The AF is the training center for all patrol dog handlers, regardless of branch). The dorm room had carpeting, full size fridge, color TV, AM/FM radio alarm clock and -get this- MAID SERVICE!
After dog training, I went back to lousy food and dirty living. Don't tell me recruiters lie!

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
WHO, hahahaha

Those guys LIE LIE LIE LIE LIE. They could give a rats ass cause once you're in, your in.

I was in the Marine Corps Infantry, so they couldn't give me the shaft cause I chose it.

Some people don't want to fight because they are not idiots. If you ever meet someone that is dying for combat, you STAY AWAY from them. They are mentally challanged cavemen who don't know their ass from a whole in the ground.

People choose to fight, not WANT to fight. Anyone who want's combat

1) has no idea what it really entails and will probably bitch out or do something stupid and get hurt or dead.

2) is functionally retarded.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Well, sand pounder recruiters may lie, I wouldn't know. I didn't talk to them. I was patriotic at 18, not mentally challenged!

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
My Navy recruiter never lied to me.

I have to wonder just what a Marine Corp. recruiter has to lie about to someone who ended up in the infanry? What, you didn't think you were gonna hafta run around with a 40lb ruksack in the jungle all day? You didn't think that anyone was gonna get in your face and make you DO STUFF? Stuff that was hard?

Sheesh.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join