It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Jesse Macbeth, this my response to the world

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Originally posted by Slaine01

We need to be in Iraq with you guys because......... we have an inferiority complex???????

LMAO! Seriously...good point.

We (the U.S.) don't have anything to crow about or any chips left to cash in for favors or to buy friends, so from a position of an inferiority complex I'm going to ask...

would you buy me a beer?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Is this guy who he say's he is? Waiting for confirmation before anything else.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

We need to be in Iraq with you guys because......... we have an inferiority complex???????

LMAO! Seriously...good point.

We (the U.S.) don't have anything to crow about or any chips left to cash in for favors or to buy friends, so from a position of an inferiority complex I'm going to ask...

would you buy me a beer?

Actually yes, I reckon after a few we would probably come up with a new world order

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Well

I could understand if they tortured you or whatever, but that's because they probably were doing it for a reason. A muslim in U.S. Army? If I was in U.S. Army, I think I would be actualy scared to have a muslim in my squad or army. Because if you have a muslim with you on the way to the Iraq and when you're already there, a muslim probably can pass information to other terrorists (who are muslims too) about the movement or plans, etc. They probably were trying to get you out of army for their safety.

So if what you say is true, then yeah it's bad, they probably had a reason to do it. Just think about it. A muslim in U.S. Army? I don't think I can see that. Why'd you join army though? If you wanted to make a real difference, you could've done different than joining army.

Why lie, though? That just makes you look even more stupid. But again, if you really are who you say you are, I just don't know, I could be totally wrong about what everything I've stated too. Are there any muslims in the U.S. Army at all? (If so, then except those who were born in America?)

[edit on 23-1-2008 by TheoOne]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
First, let’s look at his story. If this guy is who he says he is and he is NOW for the first time in all this actually telling the truth it all goes so totally against the military to the point it is criminal. This would need to be done on a person level of his DS and even that is rather strange that he could even be tied to a bed for two days without anyone knowing but a select few. It is not like people just sit around in basic training for they have a tight schedule of events everyday and there is accountable for every soldier throughout the day just for the simple fact that some freak out and run.

If this was true everyone involved would get 20 years in Leavenworth, and everyone up the chain of command would get fired with their careers ruined and over. The Army would offer no mercy over an event like this. I know people from every religion in the military and all of them even the wiccans get full and equal respect even to the point it is too politically correct.

I’m not going to bash him in the least, but with a story like that he needs to prove first he is who he says he is., and w are also talking what 50 to 100 people who were witness to this and many should and would come forward for something that is so against what the military stands for.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by Xtrozero]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Fine, there must be another reason why some people hate ALL Americans. I don't think anyone can deny that some folks have made blanket statements about ALL Americans here. There seems to be some real hatred here and it's a bunch of BS.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheoOne
I could understand if they tortured you or whatever, but that's because they probably were doing it for a reason. A muslim in U.S. Army?

A Muslim in the US Army that is fluent in Arab is considered an extremely high value asset with large bonuses, quick rank etc. These types are extremely critical to the mission and hugely undermanned.

Do the math on that...

This type of person working as a contractor for the military can make 250k a year easily.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Why don't you handle it your way, and I'll handle it mine.

Handle what exactly? I'd like to understand just exactly how this personally affects you to the point that such a venomous attack is warranted? Sure, an opinion is fair game, but to go for the throat without genuine cause is nothing more than any other armchair troll, sitting behind the safety of the avatar name they've chosen with the luxury of the anonymity that the average internet forum gives you. Bravo.

Put this into perspective here. This is not a paedophile or murderer. This is someone who is offering their side of the story. IF (and obviously this is a big if!) it is the genuine Jesse and his story is true, then surely extreme racial abuse, mental torture and physical attacks certainly relate to the actions he took post-dismissal from the Army?! Regardless of if his actions may be questionable in comparison to your day-to-day ethics, just try and put yourself in his shoes. Actually, you can't and won't be able to. Sure, you can give some pseudo-soapbox opinion of how, if you were in this situation you would do things differently...easy isnt it?

**Now, my post assumes a lot and we all know that assumptions are the mother of all..... But, for once, I'm calling it as I see it and giving some benefit of the doubt with regards to the identity and story of the original poster, on this occasion - Purely on the basis of Valhall's self-righteous MTV generation sludge that purports to be holier than thou....

[edit on 23-1-2008 by timb3r]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I would be more concerned for our troops if this original post by "Jesse" was printed on the front page of "el jazeera".
If the report is true it is shocking and heads should roll but if its false then this is the sort of ammunition that the extremists love and this puts coalition lives even more at risk. ( Yeah, know "..more at risk...??)
The truth will set you free but there is always the eternal truth of cause and effect as well.
I am not advocating sensorship in any level but lets verify the validity of these claims first before making assuptions one way or another.

Beers all round - I'm buying

[edit on 23-1-2008 by Slaine01]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Really? Ah, I didn't know. Well, I was guessing what I tried to guess.

Still weird, though.

Have you seen this movie - I forgot the title of it, it's where this woman joins army and gets raped by men, then army tries to keep it quiet all they can? That's what reminds me of this person or the situation, if he's for real, that is.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
IMO insulting and belittleing someone only shows the person you are.

No one on this planet is perfect we all make mistakes. As far as once a liar always a liar, I disagree.

Some people are given a life that is one another can not understand. I can understand where Jesse is coming from and why he did what he has done. We all can say we would have done this or that but put yourself at the age he was not at the person you have become and the knowledge you have now on right or wrongs.

I respect him for attempting to come clean and I will now take him at his word and trust in him God knows he needs someone to trust in him and make him feel as if he is someone and not alone.

Hopefully with age Jesse will have learned his lesson, he has paid his time and with age might learn that he made mistakes and it's not fun.

Jesse the past is the past try to put it behind you. There are plenty of people that will help you all you have to do is ask. If you don't know where to seek help go to a church and ask. You and only you can change you life for the good and I suggest you try.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by observe50]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
god...listen to yourselves argue.

the ones who are manipulating us are masters of their game.

Divide and Conquer... its what they do....

they use religion as their main focus, and Money too.
War is their credo......endless War

We have no Enemies except ourselves....don`t you get it?
WE ARE ALL ONE.......damn this frustrates me to no end.

those who have divided us up into religious societies
are the ones responsible for... well...pretty much EVERYTHING...

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Got my Radar going here.

Seems like everytime somebody posts that they are not able to get the proof of ID for a while because they are at a remote location, it turns out to be a hoax.

Hmmm, get out of prision, run down to the library, log onto ATS, and now wants to tell the truth? Fishy.

No comment until we get the goods.

I have a question though. If he is who he says he is, and his story about boot camp is true, (which, if true would really mess a young man up.), is there room for forgiveness here?

[edit on 24-1-2008 by seawolf197]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Wow, some of you people on here are pretty foolish. Hating on someone because they were badly abused and in turn this person acted from the pain they were feeling (not the best way though). Plus you guys probably hate him cause of his religion, you are truly foolish if you hate someone because of that.
I'm a Christian, I don't hate this man or anyone else for that matter, it's against my fundamental beliefs.
How many of you believe in killing in self defense? If he did this would you be happier? I think what he did showed some great restraint compared to how many of you would react.
Jesse I hope you find Christ and learn to forgive those who pursecuted you.

-Jimmy

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheoOne

I could understand if they tortured you or whatever, but that's because they probably were doing it for a reason.

What reason would make torture acceptable???? Religion??

A muslim in U.S. Army? If I was in U.S. Army, I think I would be actualy scared to have a muslim in my squad or army. Because if you have a muslim with you on the way to the Iraq and when you're already there, a muslim probably can pass information to other terrorists (who are muslims too) about the movement or plans, etc. They probably were trying to get you out of army for their safety.

There are millions of Muslims who are not terrorists. Muslim does not equal terrorist!

Are there any muslims in the U.S. Army at all? (If so, then except those who were born in America?)

I believe the armed services welcome people of all religions.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by TheoOne]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

Nah, no one hates him because of his religion. They don't like him because he's a liar, that's all.

I'd take his story about "abuse" with grain of salt, tho.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I have friends who are Muslim and have served multiple times in Iraq. They are good people. You are a disgrace and a proved liar. No sane person will side with you or believe you. I hope you are under 24 hour surveillance and they stop you before you do any harm.
I'll pass this along to real Muslims in the Military to see what they think
With any luck you will be exposed on the national media by tonight.

Please go away? I feel dirty for having read your propoganda.

[edit on 1/23/2008 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjackblack
Wow, some of you people on here are pretty foolish. Hating on someone because they were badly abused

He was not abused. This is not the movies. This is propoganda to benefit terrorists. He did it once before and now he is doing it again. You should research before you trust. His friends strap bombs to children and blow them up. He is not a Muslim. He is something quite different.

How do we even know he is who he claims to be? Could be a activist with an agenda lying?

[edit on 1/23/2008 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by seawolf197
Got my Radar going here. Seems like everytime somebody post that they are not able to get the proof of ID for a while because they are at a remote location, it turns out to be a hoax.

I found the following “Dryken” profile on the “Earth Special Forces” forum, located here. The birthday in that profile is close, but wrong. The location (Washington State) appears to be correct.

Jesse Macbeth’s original “MySpace" page is located here, and the last login date looks like today. (The pseudonym “Jesse Shadowhart” is referenced in the Wikipedia article.)

There is an old "Dryken" profile on ATS, dated August 2005, strangely located here. The profile is tagged "Denied". I wonder what that means?

The posting style on these sites look a bit familiar, hmmm?

Consider, on its face, the quirky irony: some guy, impersonating a guy, who impersonated a US Army Ranger.

My guess – this is a clever hoax. What a surprise that would be, huh?

(Edit to add ATS profile to my research.)

[edit on 23-1-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Wow. Jesse reading your post brought back a lot of troubled memories of mine from attending one of the toughest military schools in North America. I know that does not really compare to what you experienced, but I can relate to facing the whole "I can humiliate, torture, and even kill you and get away with it" mentality of the most extreme Drill Sergeants.
After watching the evidence of Tillman's murder come out, I have no doubts that the Army regularly gets away with murdering it's own.

But there is one subject I would like to touch on with you, Jesse.
That drill instructor knew full well that he couldn't have his soldiers become friends with a Muslim, let alone have a Muslim fight along side them as one.

The reason?

In Iraq the soldiers are ordered to murder Muslims indiscriminately. The recruit course is supposed to be a brainwashing, Muslim-dehumanizing experience that eliminates any compassion you have for Muslims as fellow humans. They want you to view Muslims as less-than-human, so that when the order comes to machine gun a fleeing group of women and children you don't hesitate.

Now how would these same soldiers feel if they had a very close friend who was Muslim? Or how about one fighting right next to them for the same cause?

Simply put Jesse, the Army couldn't have a good Muslim person like you ruining months of brainwashing by showing the soldiers that Muslims are humans like them and their families.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join