It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Jesse Macbeth, this my response to the world

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by tankthinker
reply to post by bobafett1972

Obviously you dont understand the concept of brainwashed in which i am speaking, but you dont deserve my explanation you mean nothing, most of the people on this planet mean nothing and are weak, that is the way it is, meanwhile i have chosen to make myself strong which means i matter.

That about sums it all up doesn't it? If I truly meant nothing, you would not have responded at all. Humans have their faults, yes, but they are by means weak. I'd use words like resilient, elastic or spirited. Christ on a cracker! Here I thought I was jaded. Your definition of strength seems a bit skewed.

Back on topic anyone?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
its ok, if you want to be blind all of you life it is actually better for me, so i advise everyone to continue being this way, im gonna love the looks on your faces when you suffer because of you blindness, of course it was you decision so blame yourselves,

btw to this guy with this problem jesse or whatever, you were a threat in a ordered system, and were taken care of in the right way, as for your outburst afterward, i think you should not have gone to jail, but received the death penalty for threatening the system, thats my opinion, it may not matter now, but soon it will be very valuable

also i replied to your post boba because i was bored and felt like reminding people what they are worth

[edit on 23-1-2008 by tankthinker]

[edit on 23-1-2008 by tankthinker]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
AHEM

Kindly stay ON topic and cease the personal attacks.

Thank you
FredT, Moderator

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dryken1

Who in the world would bother to send you to jail? I don't get it. ---------------------PC

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by pc is here

It is illegal to impersonate a military career. You can't legally wear a Ranger tab unless you've earned it. Of course you can buy them at a surplus store, and people wear pins on hats and stuff, but it is actually illegal. Especially if you are wearing a full uniform displaying false insignia and awards.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mek12
Is this guy who he say's he is?

Based on the available information that only I can access... his registration email and IP address lead me to believe he is who he claims to be.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Just a thought:

Last I heard, Macbeth was in prison. While I may be wrong, it may be wise for someone at ATS to investigate this, especially since it benefits both parties. He gets a place to come clean, ATS gets to break news that separates them from the "fringe" crowd.

What unlikely bedfellows...

[edit on 23-1-2008 by Reality Hurts]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Reality Hurts

If he is indeed still in prison, then his first sentence of the OP was not a good start in coming clean.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by coven

Coven dear....you forgot one:

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me"

[edit on 23-1-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I don't think that you fully understand the ramifications of your actions, Jesse. I do not doubt that you had a rough go at it in boot camp, it is a tough time, and for some more so than others. Life is full of difficult challenges and some handle these situations better than others.

Let me ask you something if I may.

Ever stop and think that maybe your selfish actions and treasonous lies about our fighting men in Iraq caused people to die who did not have to die? Perhaps some young, angry muslim kid in Iraq takes your story and your lies to heart and uses it as a fuel to justify his already red hot rage.

Perhaps that young man decided to strap a bomb to himself and blow up a crowded market filled with old ladies and children. Maybe the outrage that he felt by hearing your words and stories of American soldiers butchering innocent Iraqis sent him over the edge and innocent people lost lives and limbs because of YOUR false claims.

Or perhaps a normally average, peaceful Iraqi man decides to plant an IED on the roadside in order to blow up and maim American troops because he has heard your tales of horror and has been falsely convinced that American troops are out to kill his family. Good men are dying every day, men that will never see their families again, and you played a hand in that.

Lies roll down hill and many times spiral into an uncontrollable mess. Im truly sorry if you were mistreated by a bunch of knuckle heads in boot camp, and I am sorry if you truly were mistreated in the ways that you have described.

But based on what I know of you and your history and based on what I know of day to day military life, I would have to say that your credibility right now is 0 and I think that what you did was treasonous and unforgivable. There is nothing that you can say to undo the damage that you have caused. Your word means nothing.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

All well and good, though past and seemingly unsubstantiated claims and or assertions, which have since been demonstrated as complete and or utter falsehoods, lead me to believe along the lines of Val...

If this be the same Jesse who purported such initially, then he certainly has some 'splayin' to do... otherwise... (?)

Personally... stones at the ready, and No I don't live in a glass home.

You? Jesse?

Even if it be YOU, "the".

$.02

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I was going to leave this one alone, but I'm afraid I just can't do that.

Jesse,

What happened to supposedly happened to you in bootcamp is repugnant to say the least. I also understand why you would want to get "revenge" against those who would do such a thing to you. However, what you chose as your revenge is childish, selfish, dishonest, and devalues everything that honest, decent, hardworking, and caring soldiers are doing in Iraq. You have destroyed your own credibility, deceived the public, and were sent to jail. Is revenge exacted now? Sounds like all you have done is cause more trouble for yourself; and when someone decides to point out any of these facts you just claim that you don't care what anyone thinks. Do you care what Allah thinks of you?

If I would have been in your situation, it may have played out exactly the same until I got to the hospital. The difference is I would have told the truth to anyone that would listen. If the military and civilian authorities wouldn't listen I would have gone to the media immediately. With some proof to back up my claims, I would be on the five o'clock news, so that people would know the truth. Being homeless, and having just gone through a terrible ordeal, there would probably be some support from the local populace in the form of charity event etc. This type of story is usually something that the media jumps on, and would probably be rocketed to national news. The military would be forced to look in to the matter, and at the very least the DS that was the cause of your trauma would be forced to resign. If my story would have made it this far, next would obviously be talk show appearances, which often pay large sums of money to get an exclusive interview of this nature. Never met Oprah before, but I'd more than likely be on her couch, or on of the investigative journalism type programs. This would probably give me the opportunity for book deals etc.

They say the best revenge is living well. My story is hypothetical of course, but truth be told, most of it is a very likely scenario should you have taken the moral highroad so to speak. But you didn't, and now you have to live with the fact that you will be painted a liar for the rest of you life. You have live with a criminal record. You have to live with the fact that you have let down yourself, your family, and your god. Revenge is generally something that in some way injures the party that did something to you, instead you have directed your vengeance at yourself. I wish you the best of luck.... but please don't say that you don't care what anyone thinks. It only comes off as ignorant. You opened this thread, you're going to get feedback, that is what this site is for; feedback and discussion. Think about it.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheoOne
Really? Ah, I didn't know. Well, I was guessing what I tried to guess.

Still weird, though.

Have you seen this movie - I forgot the title of it, it's where this woman joins army and gets raped by men, then army tries to keep it quiet all they can? That's what reminds me of this person or the situation, if he's for real, that is.

Things do happen but things happen on a very localized/personal level. I would believe a woman getting raped over a DI spitting in a Koran. As you say "the Army". What you are actually talking about is many levels of check and balances. Anyone of those levels would be in court right next to the group that did it in the first place and not too many people are willing to do that. There is all so core values that get tarnished very quickly and this does the Army zero good to try and hide something like this that would only makes matters worst.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I am a current member of the United States Army. I have served two tours as Basic Combat Training Cadre for combat arms units. I have been to Iraq, and in a few months time will be posting on this forum from that country again. I am a senior level leader, and I am a free thinker.

As a leader, I know the seriousness of a claim of racial discrimination. It can completely shut down an entire unit for months. Could Jesse's claims be true? Anything is possible. They are, however, extremely unlikely. There are many institutional controls in effect to prevent hate crimes. Hate crimes degrade combat effectiveness by polarizing the unit. I find it mind boggling to think that out of 54 other trainees and 3 other Drill Sergeants in the platoon (this is the standard platoon size at Fort Benning, GA) that not a single one of them thought, "Hey, maybe tying this dude naked to a post and torturing him isn't right." If they managed to get all these guys on the bandwagon, you have at least three other platoons in the company. Thats 219 soldiers, 15 Drill Sergeants, a First Sergeant, an Executive Officer, and a Commanding Officer with no morals whatsoever. If a trainee was tied up for several days, everyone would find out about it eventually. The First Sergeant would know after the first day, when the Dining Facility asked him why his meal count was off by three.

That doesn't even take into account the fact that if this was true and made the presses, just about everyone who even walked past this kid would have their military career immeadiately ended, not to mention being maxed out on every punishment short of public castration. The Army would sacrifice these guys in a heartbeat to save that kind of face. Even if none of them had the moral fortitude to step foreward, self-preservation is the deepest rooted of human instincts.

I could go on, but this thing only allows 4000 characters. If you have questions about the institutional unlikelyhood of this happening, send it.

And to quell a few commonly held notions:
-We are not brainwashed. We have the civilian forcibly removed from us, but individual beliefs are still allowed under the UCMJ.
-We don't give a crap if you're a Christian, Muslim, Wiccan, or Flying Speghetti Monsterist. Our Intelligence Officer is a Muslim. I'm not afraid hes going to sell our secrets to the terrorists.
-Everyone I know actually likes Iraqis. The ones that don't shoot at you are some of the nicest people on the planet. And they make killer tea.
-We know Iraqis are people. Thats why we build them schools, fix their utilities, give them jobs, and SPENT THE LAST FIVE YEARS trying to secure a better future for them. Say what you like about the ulterior motives of Bush or Congress or the NWO reptilians or whatever, the soldiers on the ground are there to help the Iraqi citizen. The more we help, just maybe we might all get to see our families some Christmas this decade.
-We do not "machine gun fleeing groups of women and children." Its illegal, would cause one heck of a tribal revolt, and not to mention is in bad taste. Last time I was there, we were accountable for every round that we carried into sector. They got counted by a third party when we got back from patrol. If one was missing, it was a formal investigation. Thats not fun, and neither is bagging the crowd of noncombatants we just mowed down.

Thats about it for me.

WhiteOneActual out.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
According to the Fed website he was released on the 11th of January of 2008.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
WhiteOneActual

May your good deeds never go unnoticed. I personally salute you and am proud that you are honoring and protecting our country. Godspeed on your re-deployment and please come home whole and well.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
To the OP, I want to reiterate that I do not think you did this whole thing out of pure evil intent. But you have to take a long, hard look in the mirror. Isn't it possible that the reason you were singled out and didn't make it through Basic is because the instructors knew something that you didn't even recognize about yourself? That you would do exactly what you ended up doing, hurt the Army.

[edit on 1/24/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Yea viciously attacking someone will get them to stick to righting their ways. RIGHT.

You should pay attention to what Osiris said and perhaps learn something.

(erm if he is legit)

[edit on 24-1-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Remember, This Is ATS

Obviously, a thread like this is going to lead to some hot tempers and strong words. That is completely understandable and there's nothing wrong with that.

However, it's still important to remember that this is ATS, and all of the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use apply to this discussion as they do to any other.

In particular, let's remember that regardless of what you may think of dryken1's words or deeds, he is still a member of our community and as long as he also honors the terms & conditions, he is welcome here.

It is only natural that some of us may succumb to the temptation to "get personal" when we are indeed talking about something that is very personal for many of us, and let's face it: some things just can't be said nicely.

Nonetheless, I urge everyone reading this to remember that this is ATS, and giving all members an opportunity to share their opinions is at the heart of what we cherish most.

So say what you must about the topic and don't hold back. You are not required to agree with or like other members.

But please try to stay cool, speak your peace in accordance with the T&C and bear in mind that anything less would reflect poorly on our community as a whole.

Remember, this is ATS.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join